• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Le bizzarre avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo Anime (JoJo P5) |OT| Sono cazzate, ma ci credo!

Oct 28, 2017
So what the hell happened to fugo? I really hope he show up in the future and that was not his last appearance, his stand is just too cool.
That was his last appearance in the manga outside of flashbacks. Apparently Araki planned to make him face the team later, but thought that was too dark and just dropped him. There is a novel that apparently explains what happened to him afterwards, but it's very unlikely the anime will adapt any of that, aside from maybe an appearance in the series epilogue.

Oct 26, 2017
UGH. I kinda wish you guys didn't say anything. Now I'm upset that there's yet another dropped plot thread in yet another JoJo part.

Yeah I assume that Araki knows they are gay but couldn't say it in Jump because of SJ would not allow it
Was the line about Sorbet and Gelato being lovers added to the anime?
Either way, it's surprisingly progressive for a manga in the1990s. I appreciated that Araki made Squalo and Tiziano non-stereotypical and even sympathetic near the end.

people are doing manga spoilers again? really? ugh.

--

Squalo is definitely my 2nd favorite design in this after Narancia, everything about his character outfit and personality was pretty awesome and I loved how at the end he just felt so strongly for tizano he was like, screw following orders Imma make you pay for hurting my boyfriend. Also Crush is really cool too.

So glad the writer didnt go for a kind of double death type of thing and make Narancia and Squalo die simultaneously. All that blood and the neck and all had me scared for a moment there.

Writer really does put his all into Narancia fights. And also, unlike last time, you do find yourself kind of caring for these two this time and hoping they get away from Narancia. Something about their characters just makes them easily antagonists you wanna support.

Only dumb part was Mista just shooting in the kitchen and no one realizing it smelt like gas. Gas smells so powerfully you should instantly be able to tell. Dont know how he realized it only afterwards and put the blame on Narancia as if no one else had a working nose. Even Narancia noticed the smell immediately when he was in there and stopped himself from shooting.

Oct 27, 2017
people are doing manga spoilers again? really? ugh.

--

Squalo is definitely my 2nd favorite design in this after Narancia, everything about his character outfit and personality was pretty awesome and I loved how at the end he just felt so strongly for tizano he was like, screw following orders Imma make you pay for hurting my boyfriend. Also Crush is really cool too.

So glad the writer didnt go for a kind of double death type of thing and make Narancia and Squalo die simultaneously. All that blood and the neck and all had me scared for a moment there.

Writer really does put his all into Narancia fights. And also, unlike last time, you do find yourself kind of caring for these two this time and hoping they get away from Narancia. Something about their characters just makes them easily antagonists you wanna support.

Only dumb part was Mista just shooting in the kitchen and no one realizing it smelt like gas. Gas smells so powerfully you should instantly be able to tell. Dont know how he realized it only afterwards and put the blame on Narancia as if no one else had a working nose. Even Narancia noticed the smell immediately when he was in there and stopped himself from shooting.
It’s Clash, though Crush isn’t a bad name for a Stand. And yeah Mista is dumb and Squalo saying “fuck the boss” and just wanting revenge for Tiziano was cool. I actually felt bad for them.

Nov 12, 2017
That was his last appearance in the manga outside of flashbacks. Apparently Araki planned to make him face the team later, but thought that was too dark and just dropped him. There is a novel that apparently explains what happened to him afterwards, but it's very unlikely the anime will adapt any of that, aside from maybe an appearance in the series epilogue.
-Jojo
-"Too dark"

Ok...

That's lame as hell, we only ever saw his Stand once.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that just stupid and weird, especially after the build up in the first half with all the childhood stories and such, it gave me the feeling that they will all make it to the last big fight.
That flashback actually wasn't in the manga. It's a David Pro original. All we get for Fugo's backstory (before that spin-off novel) was Iluso listing off that information he knows about Fugo during their fight.

EDIT: I've been thinking about it quite a bit, and I think a big reason why we don't see a lot of Fugo and Purple Haze, despite PH's design being bad-ass, is because of the binary nature of PH's ability. By that, I mean the virus can only really do two things: it works and kills enemies automatically, or it doesn't work (like in instances of extreme temperatures or the enemy is too far away) and Purple Haze is functionally just another punch ghost. Once the virus infects, the fight's just over. The Man in the Mirror ability seemed specifically designed as a scenario to get around this and have the virus lead to injury rather than death, but it's hard to think of another scenario you could have where the virus doesn't automatically finish off a foe. Purple Haze pretty much can only do finishing moves, which means you can only have it be effective at the end of a battle, which severely limits its uses from a writing standpoint.

Also, keep in mind that Iluso's death at the hands of Purple Haze is DISGUSTING in the manga, and they really toned it down in the adaptation. Perhaps Shonen Jump (or Araki himself) wasn't too keen on having people's flesh melt and explode every few chapters, as well.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I thought that was Squalo curling his leg around Tiz
i need to check again, but afair one panel had three hands *shrug*

yeah, it's hard to make up the image because his straps in the legs look the same as his glove's lol

No, that's you having bad eyes.

That's Squalo's leg.
Whoa I'm pretty sure you had better ways of pointing this without calling me out like that, just chill

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Fugo's stand is incredibly circumstantial and a bit broken. I think his ability would work better for an antagonist. In fact the one time he did use his stand, its ability was more threatening to Giorno than Man in the Mirror

I didn't know that was just it for Fugo but I guess it's better knowing that than wondering how he comes back into the story

Oct 26, 2017
Fugo's stand is incredibly circumstantial and a bit broken. I think his ability would work better for an antagonist. In fact the one time he did use his stand, its ability was more threatening to Giorno than Man in the Mirror

I didn't know that was just it for Fugo but I guess it's better knowing that than wondering how he comes back into the story
Problem is, anime can always add some scenes, we don’t really know if that’s it for Fugo in the anime, as it was in the manga, thus saying anything about the matter was just awful >_>
They added a lot of small bits with him through the season so it’s not impossible

Oct 25, 2017
Problem is, anime can always add some scenes, we don’t really know if that’s it for Fugo in the anime, as it was in the manga, thus saying anything about the matter was just awful >_>
They added a lot of small bits with him through the season so it’s not impossible
I was actually just thinking about that myself...it would be crazy, but David Pro has already added in several original scenes that fit in really well. Would they be crazy enough to do it...?