• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
It's complicated, we've seen him taking 10 minutes to make a fish in the first episodes to him just making a flying(smaller) fish instantly in venezia, i think he just needs to activate the skill(touch something) and can choose when to trigger it, as for how long it takes to create something probably depends on what he's making(?) i like to believe he got better and faster overtime, but doesn't feel consistent

I give him a break because he only started using the stand to do big things three/four days ago. There's no reason for that hand in the BIG fight to not be already fixed before he cut the second one, if he chooses the speed, same for narancia's tongue that took a while to be formed too
In both those examples he was incapacitated, so i thought of it as a default autopilot speed. We've been blatantly shown he can replace body parts in an instant, i feel like araki was thinking along the same lines as me. I forgot about the fish, but to be fair that was just an excuse for there to still be time for a conversation, it wasnt a big factor in the middle of a fight or anything. In the babyface fight he creates a phiranna instantly. Perhaps the excuse is more that the fish for getting ahead of Kraftwerk was very large? Or an oversized version of a docile fish that wouldnt attack them and would let itself be steered? (ie making something bigger than it would naturally be takes time)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
In both those examples he was incapacitated, so i thought of it as a default autopilot speed. We've been blatantly shown he can replace body parts in an instant, i feel like araki was thinking along the same lines as me. I forgot about the fish, but to be fair that was just an excuse for there to still be time for a conversation, it wasnt a big factor in the middle of a fight or anything.
Most stuff he heals instantly are minor injuries iirc i like to think size plays a part so i dont go insane D:

But that's a good point, time to rewatch again i guess lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Most stuff he heals instantly are minor injuries iirc i like to think size plays a part so i dont go insane D:

But that's a good point, time to rewatch again i guess lol
Yeah i guess my edit went out after you saw my post but something to do with size is what i was starting to think about. There's got to be a reason he doesn't win every fight by throwing a pebble while it turns into a fully-grown elephant

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hear it in the anime, but in the manga the little Metallica worms say "Loooo" and "Loooaaaddd", obviously from the Metallica album Load

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah i guess my edit went out after you saw my post but something to do with size is what i was starting to think about. There's got to be a reason he doesn't win every fight by throwing a pebble while it turns into a fully-grown elephant
Way in the beginning, in episodes 1/2 he implied he didnt choose what the things would turn into, but that changed as quicky as the reflect damage shenanigan...
I think he needs something with a similar size to grow animals, but vines/trees can be grown out of anything, there has to have some hidden rule or common sense because for as much bullshit as Giorno can pull, it's never insane as the example you gave xD but yeah the only constant seems to be:animals have to be the same size of source material and the size of each wound has some saying on how quick they'll heal, and maybe giorno's condition factors in too

I have an issue with edits too so i get the feel D: yeah that fish was huge if it needed to pull two people with it

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Way in the beginning, in episodes 1/2 he implied he didnt choose what the things would turn into, but that changed as quicky as the reflect damage shenanigan...
I think he needs something with a similar size to grow animals, but vines/trees can be grown out of anything, there has to have some hidden rule or common sense because for as much bullshit as Giorno can pull, it's never insane as the example you gave xD but yeah the only constant seems to be:animals have to be the same size of source material and the size of each wound has some saying on how quick they'll heal, and maybe giorno's condition factors in too

I have an issue with edits too so i get the feel D: yeah that fish was huge if it needed to pull two people with it
Yeah lol his living things get torn up all the time now, was an interesting idea though

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah lol his living things get torn up all the time now, was an interesting idea though
That was too op, he can manage without it just fine, i dont think GE was meant to be a beast like CD and SP, and solve stuffs in a simple way... The fun part about that stand is seeing which mind gymnastics giorno gonna use next... he feels like a magician or something xD

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
That was too op, he can manage without it just fine, i dont think GE was meant to be a beast like CD and SP, and solve stuffs in a simple way... The fun part about that stand is seeing which mind gymnastics giorno gonna use next... he feels like a magician or something xD
Yeah like it's also difficult for his opponents to figure out that particular power before it's too late. I wonder if its ever addressed again, though.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Araki probably just forgot about the reflect thing, but GE has so much going on without it already that i wouldnt blame him xD
Its such a big part of the original premise of his powers that i wouldn't be surprised if its a case of him actively hoping WE forgot! (Would be interesting to see a montage of moments the reflect should have activated based on those initial rules once this part is done. I wonder if he subtly avoided applicable situations more than i think?)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Its such a big part of the original premise of his powers that i wouldn't be surprised if its a case of him actively hoping WE forgot! (Would be interesting to see a montage of moments the reflect should have activated based on those initial rules once this part is done. I wonder if he subtly avoided applicable situations more than i think?)
Well, mista would be bald or have had his skin torn apart because of that grassboard... Giorno might have killed himself doing that snake vaccine thing...(but you can always argue the effect wont come back to him), baby face fight was against a stand so i think no problem there... most issues probably would come from the stand being able to heal people but you can just say body parts dont do that...

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
gDPh5BL.gif

That nice little touch of using KC's colors on Metallica to try and trick the audience. Lmao, direction was great. 10/10 episode.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's been said before but don't worry...the human body doesn't have enough iron to produce a metal object like razors or scissors.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Why did Risotto keep saying "and now you are complete" like that? Was it a sub error or was it a reference to something?

Edit: Also this episode tilted me a bit lol. It was like playing multiteam in Halo 2/3 and the team in last place ends up giving assists to the team way in the lead.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Why did Risotto keep saying "and now you are complete" like that? Was it a sub error or was it a reference to something?

Edit: Also this episode tilted me a bit lol. It was like playing multiteam in Halo 2/3 and the team in last place ends up giving assists to the team way in the lead.
No one won with that kill steal
Well no one we wanted to win at least lol

May 30, 2018
Probably the best fight this season, other than the train one. Not sure why but I was cheering for Doppio lol

I think it's a sub error

Now you are finished/done would make more sense

Oct 25, 2017
Facts! There hasn't been a dull animated episode since the Clash/Talking Head fight.

I can't wait to see what's to come as we get closer to the end.
The most I can say is that stuff happens. Part 5 has some of the best Jojo fights and it's great seeing DP put so much effort into most of them. Even most of the stuff before the Clash fight was good as well. Probably one of the weakest fights is the Babyface fight, but that's still better than Kraftwerk and the boat condom guy.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The most I can say is that stuff happens. Part 5 has some of the best Jojo fights and it's great seeing DP put so much effort into most of them. Even most of the stuff before the Clash fight was good as well. Probably one of the weakest fights is the Babyface fight, but that's still better than Kraftwerk and the boat condom guy.
Boat condom is basically peak jojo logic though, it's great. Also it gives us the dance scene, which is a top 5 moment in part 5 itself.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Boat condom is basically peak jojo logic though, it's great. Also it gives us the dance scene, which is a top 5 moment in part 5 itself.
Spared me a post, yeah god bless boat condom guy. The explanation of what he did was just amazing.

My least favorite fights are gang vs illuso and babyface tbh... and if melone wasnt a creep id kinda like baby face lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
The boat fight was great just because of how well it establishes that stand fights are almost always about finding out what is even happening. It was great seeing how even people who know what stands are and are taking all possible precautions need to be constantly vigilant, no matter if they're facing some punk or the main antagonist.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
One thing crunchyroll taught me is that it's not because you have eng subs that they'll be better than the portuguese ones

If english isn't your mother language, give yours a try, pt-br subs have been pretty kickass and with a light hearted localization and im sure some other languages might have some nice work too lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Its probably an intentionally odd phrasing in japanese that might come across as a mistake in english. I feel like it works. Its very ominous.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
How would you rank the La Squadra Members in terms of best to worst?
By skill or by how hard would I avoid them if i saw them walking down the street? Lol

My ranks would be
Prosciutto
Nero
Ghiacchio
Formaggio
Illuso
Pesci
Melone

Fuck melone. Prosciutto is just a good mentor(and rather cute), Ghiacchio is fun, Illuso would be higher if he didnt fuck up by not finishing the gang members one by one lol. I liked Pesci but he became a PoS so uh, go play with Melone dearie. Formaggio is the 4th because shit he kills people by enlarging cars inside of them and that's still fucking awesome

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, then mine wouldn't really change much...Y'know, if my ranks were from fights alone i think i'd actually put Ghiacchio on 1st and i feel pretty weird about that D:
Nero and Prosciutto had some insanely good fights but Ghiacchio is so over the top yet a genious he's terrifying, but I placed him lower than because the others feel more complex
... thinking about it now he IS villain bakugo

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Melone would have been so good if he literally just had the power that he has and he showed up and used his power. Everything about his "preparation" for fighting is the absolute worst.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Omg this fight was amazing

I know Boss is the villain but I love him using the heroes to win
Araki probably just forgot about the reflect thing, but GE has so much going on without it already that i wouldnt blame him xD
I honestly think it's less forgot and more he intentionally doesn't bring it up because it would make fights with any sort of contact hard to write because Giorno could just throw a frog at his opponent or their attack or create a living shield and fights would be too easy

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

This aside, that does it

Even with the silly oddity of Risotto's blood camoflauge being that instead of a chunk of his flesh like in the manga (made more sense as it explains where that extra bit of blood on top of Doppio's head came from in Epitaph's lil preview. This kinda feels akin to the lost plot point of Josuke's remote-blood-control Crazy D. exploit from the Transmission Tower arc, hmph. More anime-centric parallels I suppose), the episode is enough for me to say Part 5 can be as good as Part 4, at least in by each of the proceeding segments as it goes along. Part 4 was definitely more about the long-term investment instead, and even further beyond that - like a Gyro in Hunter x Hunter-type deal along with
Hisoka's powers gradually turning out to be a full-on reference to signore Giovanna's powers.
Well I sure would want Part 6 to have these recap breaks to help in the animation direction department as well, but it's not very likely.

Oh well? My main take away in the end for the anime is mostly the sound design and soundtrack, as beautiful to me & inspirational as the art and color choices do get

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017

Most translations of the manga go with some form of "the assassination is complete", "you are finished" or "I'm done with you". All of which are more concise than the weird "you are complete" that crunchyroll went with. I imagine we wont get a good localization of it until the inevitable Viz dub.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Most translations of the manga go with some form of "the assassination is complete", "you are finished" or "I'm done with you". All of which are more concise than the weird "you are complete" that crunchyroll went with. I imagine we wont get a good localization of it until the inevitable Viz dub.
I think it helps the viz dubs have a lot more time to translate stuff and make it sound natural

CR has to basically compete with pirates and tend to rush as a result

But yeah CR isn't great