• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Amazing episode, only complaint I have is the part with the needles, it's just a still frame and then they're gone??? had me thinking it was just another vision but no, it's real, it happened

But wow the level of detail in literally every other shot

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing episode, only complaint I have is the part with the needles, it's just a still frame and then they're gone??? had me thinking it was just another vision but no, it's real, it happened

But wow the level of detail in literally every other shot
it was either a static shot or...
p4kopi9t58pjt2rvavc4.jpg

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
During their Vento Aureo PS2 run through, both Meti and xforts have talked about devoting their own videos to gushing about Giorno and how there are certain underappreciated aspects about him
within those final chapters

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
During their Vento Aureo PS2 run through, both Meti and xforts have talked about devoting their own videos to gushing about Giorno and how there are certain underappreciated aspects about him
within those final chapters
There was another video coming out this week about him(by another part 5 youtuber fanboy lol) doing that argument too haha...

I'd say dude really grows on you, but it's hard to not see him as a character a bit too perfect when most characters in shonen are just plain dumb...You do your thing while trying to look competent, and try to increase your odds while gambling with fate (then blame it on resolve), that's his turf, but sometimes GE makes it hard to buy it.

One of the reasons i wanted p5 to have more downtime and chill is because i suspect non-business face giorno is a secret dork, I mean look at Black Sabbath fight. Anime fucked up when doing this scene cause his face is priceless lol
mk6r1mffqyf21.jpg

I'd give him 2 weeks with the passione crew until his cool guy act broke down, he couldn't even do that ear trick thing yet =(

Oct 25, 2017
There was another video coming out this week about him(by another part 5 youtuber fanboy lol) doing that argument too haha...

I'd say dude really grows on you, but it's hard to not see him as a character a bit too perfect when most characters in shonen are just plain dumb...You do your thing while trying to look competent, and try to increase your odds while gambling with fate (then blame it on resolve), that's his turf, but sometimes GE makes it hard to buy it.

One of the reasons i wanted p5 to have more downtime and chill is because i suspect non-business face giorno is a secret dork, I mean look at Black Sabbath fight. Anime fucked up when doing this scene cause his face is priceless lol
mk6r1mffqyf21.jpg

I'd give him 2 weeks with the passione crew until his cool guy act broke down, he couldn't even do that ear trick thing yet =(
This is why
I really wish Giorno could hang with Josuke and Okuyasu
. Giorno strikes me as a fun kid and he seemed to be pretty popular in the boarding school, it's just an aspect of his personality that doesn't get a lot of attention.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
This is why
. Giorno strikes me as a fun kid and he seemed to be pretty popular in the boarding school, it's just an aspect of his personality that doesn't get a lot of attention.
I can't get over the fact of how hurt the janitor felt when he refused to help, same for the guys taking a picture, I think the janitor just wanted to pull a prank on him when the lighter went off, you can't be a bad kid when the old folks do that lol
Only makes things sadder cause Giorno was probably in good terms with the dude

RIP Mario

never making that p5 x p4 reunion is a crime, Giorno and Josuke would have been besties
Who could handle those 3
Jolyne can balance it up(or make stuff 3 times worse lmao

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over the fact of how hurt the janitor felt when he refused to help, same for the guys taking a picture, I think the janitor just wanted to pull a prank on him when the lighter went off, you can't be a bad kid when the old folks do that lol
Only makes things sadder cause Giorno was probably in good terms with the dude

RIP Mario

never making that p5 x p4 reunion is a crime, Giorno and Josuke would have been besties

Jolyne can balance it up(or make stuff 3 times worse lmao
Giorno was fucking pissed when the janitor died, probably spoke to the dude a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know if it's a good or bad thing Araki never got too self indulgent with fan service. Though I'd probably kill someone to get something on the level of the baseball episode in DBS but with JoJo characters.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Giorno was fucking pissed when the janitor died, probably spoke to the dude a lot.
Yeah... I do think he'd be pissed even if it was just an acquaintance though, dude just wanted to make a friendly prank, and only because giorno didn't help carrying his stuff, no one should die like that lol
Janitor-san was probably nice to him, he seemed like he got along well with folks at school but dropped it all to do mafia stuff lol

I honestly don't know if it's a good or bad thing Araki never got too self indulgent with fan service. Though I'd probably kill someone to get something on the level of the baseball episode in DBS but with JoJo characters.
it's a good and bad thing, it makes for tighter stories, at least... I wished he spread fanservice to more than Jotaro appearing around... i mean, did we need him in part 4 and 5 really? idk
i'd totally buy a blu ray if it had just passione gang fooling around and doing crazy gangster shit or some silly filler stuff, and i usually hate silly filler, it's just how much i love that crew

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
This is why
Giorno could show them the trick where he folds his ear into his skull. Did we all unanimously agree to forget about that?

Oct 25, 2017

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh...so that was a tease LOL nice catch
Fuck i never stopped to notice Dio's speech patterns... I paid a lot of attention to giorno's cause I was looking for it...
Also

Guess this explains the 100 cars thing...

...And maybe spoiler tag this link, some part 6-8 spoilers there lol(still reading but had to give a heads up)
Real nice read up though
I like a lot of what that person wrote, makes so much sense, and edit your post too. I didn't know it went that much, it's been a bit since I've read it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I like a lot of what that person wrote, makes so much sense, and edit your post too. I didn't know it went that much, it's been a bit since I've read it.
Yeah, i'm not ever calling him Jonathan's kid again x)

It wasn't THAT spoilery, but they said one thing about jolyne's situation at the start of SO and mentioned the reset, that would raise a lot of questions, any mention to the reset is a no no in my book

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i'm not ever calling him Jonathan's kid again x)

It wasn't THAT spoilery, but they said one thing about jolyne's situation at the start of SO and mentioned the reset, that would raise a lot of questions, any mention to the reset is a no no in my book
He's got Jonathan's heart, the rest is Dio. I think that's one thing Araki got right once you read the subtext with Giorno. I think a lot of people didn't like Giorno in the manga because they just took him at face value. That's probably also why people think he's a Gary Stu, he's not, he's just a highly competent stand user that doesn't hold the idiot ball.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He's got Jonathan's heart, the rest is Dio. I think that's one thing Araki got right once you read the subtext with Giorno. I think a lot of people didn't like Giorno in the manga because they just took him at face value. That's probably also why people think he's a Gary Stu, he's not, he's just a highly competent stand user that doesn't hold the idiot ball.
Yep, he's doing his best with what he's got, I'll never understand the gary stu thing xO
Him, Narancia, and Mista have the best fights

Especially since it feels any of them could die at any moment
Honestly at this point i'm wondering if Mista is killeable: 3 shots through his skull and he got just minor bleedings (cause 5 is a good boy), he could move just fine with a bullet wound covered with duck tape and staples... wait, couldn't bruno have zipped that? He survived white album cause Ghiacchio is as smart as bakugo and forgot he was doing a 1x2 fight, but even then he was hanging by a thread. I won't count BIG fight cause team barely made it alive but damn, that man is lucky, it's almost ridiculous lol

May 30, 2018
Yep, he's doing his best with what he's got, I'll never understand the gary stu thing xO

Honestly at this point i'm wondering if Mista is killeable: 3 shots through his skull and he got just minor bleedings (cause 5 is a good boy), he could move just fine with a bullet wound covered with duck tape and staples... wait, couldn't bruno have zipped that? He survived white album cause Ghiacchio is as smart as bakugo and forgot he was doing a 1x2 fight, but even then he was hanging by a thread. I won't count BIG fight cause team barely made it alive but damn, that man is lucky, it's almost ridiculous lol

Haha yup, I thought he died on the train, so I keep expecting him to croak at the next fight but he somehow keeps surviving

I also thought Bruno was finished with his first fight vs King Crimson

Given Araki's tendencies to kill off supporting characters, it honestly adds so much tension while watching the deeper you get into the show.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Haha yup, I thought he died on the train, so I keep expecting him to croak at the next fight but he somehow keeps surviving

I also thought Bruno was finished with his first fight vs King Crimson

Given Araki's tendencies to kill off supporting characters, it honestly adds so much tension while watching the deeper you get into the show.
Not to mention the supporting cast is a bunch of mafia kids

Oct 25, 2017

Giorno just likes to analyze the fuck out of things and doesn't seem to rule anything out as being a stand ability, which seems to be the exact opposite of the Part 3 and 4 Jojo's. They seemed to rule things out, meanwhile for Giorno nothing seems to be outside the realm of possibility as a stand ability. Deduced Grateful Dead pretty god damn fast just by observing instead of freaking out.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He definitely is almost always the smartest person in the room or the one who catches on to whats happening quickest. That's why he reminds me so much of sherlock holmes, where you have to humanize a person who is usually one step ahead of everyone else. I personally think they succeeded!

Hes a necessary character in a story about relatively experienced stand users who know what stands are and the potential for craziness they all have. Previous parts were very much in the "figuring it out" stage

Oct 25, 2017
He definitely is almost always the smartest person in the room or the one who catches on to whats happening quickest. That's why he reminds me so much of sherlock holmes, where you have to humanize a person who is usually one step ahead of everyone else. I personally think they succeeded!

Hes a necessary character in a story about relatively experienced stand users who know what stands are and the potential for craziness they all have. Previous parts were very much in the "figuring it out" stage
I honestly think him, Abbachio and Bruno would be a pretty smart team up, but the show doesn't pair them up that often. Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi would not beat boat condom for example.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

He hasn't figured it out, to be honest, but his party knows a lot... but instead of following the rules he learns by the book he keeps an open mind about what can happen and what can the enemies do, he heard some rules but he isn't chained by them, thats why he feels different from jotaro and josuke in that regard...

Which's fitting for a dude that makes snakes out of bricks
I honestly think him, Abbachio and Bruno would be a pretty smart team up, but the show doesn't pair them up that often. Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi would not beat boat condom for example.
Well hard to be abbachio's buddy if you need to turn around everytime he uses his stand...

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
risotto had it coming when he hurt the frog

I regret being a hater of the second half of part 5 this is so good

Oct 25, 2017
He hasn't figured it out, to be honest, but his party knows a lot... but instead of following the rules he learns by the book he keeps an open mind about what can happen and what can the enemies do, he heard some rules but he isn't chained by them, thats why he feels different from jotaro and josuke in that regard...

Well hard to be abbachio's buddy if you need to turn around everytime he uses his stand...
"Turn the fuck around, you ain't seeing my stand you brat!!!"

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also top stand battles havers is

Giorno
Mista
Narancia

Bruno doesn't count

cause half of his best fights are him getting his ass kicked

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not to mention the supporting cast is a bunch of mafia kids
Oh gosh, I was just thinking about this the other day, but I might very well see these characters killed off brutally, which I absolutely do not want, because they are the first JoJo crew I actually, really, honestly like.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
risotto had it coming when he hurt the frog

I regret being a hater of the second half of part 5 this is so good
I love when people see the light *sips tea*
"Turn the fuck around, you ain't seeing my stand you brat!!!"
LOL
Oh gosh, I was just thinking about this the other day, but I might very well see these characters killed off brutally, which I absolutely do not want, because they are the first JoJo crew I actually, really, honestly like.

Mafia kids are the best jojo team ever.
I love all of them.
Even Fugo.
It's the only jojo team i can say that

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

I think what i meant is it feels like he's quickly figured out the baseline of how open stand powers are, and how to unravel the logic behind them, and he's been brought into a group of people who are used to grappling with that same issue. Maybe i'm not getting it across right. The presence of stands just feels so much more "established" in the world of part 5, compared to the previous 2. The viewer knows what sort of nonsense they're getting into, and so do the characters. Perhaps that's why it feels so fitting that the main villain here is characterized by an overwhelming amount of caution and reluctance to face the heroes.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
the part 3 jojo team took a while to grow on me but the battle in egypt half of the story plus reading through the manga made it hard for me to not have fond memories of them. however, they're obviously nowhere near as dynamic or interesting as these murderboy weirdos

Oct 25, 2017
the part 3 jojo team took a while to grow on me but the battle in egypt half of the story plus reading through the manga made it hard for me to not have fond memories of them. however, they're obviously nowhere near as dynamic or interesting as these murderboy weirdos
Part 3 has too much Polnareff for my liking to be honest. People can like him, but my gawd he's dumb and annoying. I wouldn't have minded more Kakyoin, but that's not what Araki wanted. Every part has a Polnareff, but Polnareff is my least favorite Polnareff.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, the problem with Polnareff is you're always thinking "okay, now it's surely time for some Kakyoin or Avdol action at last!" having just come off a Polnareff focused encounter and yet somehow Polnareff always gets his dumbass involved with the next villain of the week.

I can barely remember when Hierophant Green actually does outside EMERALD SPLASH, which is like...a soggy jewel projectile or something? in any case we were robbed of more occasions to hear this banger

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, the problem with Polnareff is you're always thinking "okay, now it's surely time for some Kakyoin or Avdol action at last!" having just come off a Polnareff focused encounter and yet somehow Polnareff always gets his dumbass involved with the next villain of the week.

I can barely remember when Hierophant Green actually does outside EMERALD SPLASH, which is like...a soggy jewel projectile or something? in any case we were robbed of more occasions to hear this banger

"Nobody can escape the 20 meter Emerald Splash!" Why does the SDC OST pale that much to the Part 5 one? Even the good tracks aren't as stylish or dynamic as the current stuff. The second half of that theme isn't too bad...it's not Mista's theme though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

It's funny that Avdol gets brought back from the dead because he was popular and gets a more lively personality but then does absolutely very little for more Polnareff shenanigans and goes back to normal Avdol like at least Okuyaso gets involved in scams

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that Avdol gets brought back from the dead because he was popular and gets a more lively personality but then does absolutely very little for more Polnareff shenanigans and goes back to normal Avdol like at least Okuyaso gets involved in scams
I swear that new Avdol personality can just be explained by bullet induced brain damage until Joseph healed him with some Hamon or something.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think what i meant is it feels like he's quickly figured out the baseline of how open stand powers are, and how to unravel the logic behind them, and he's been brought into a group of people who are used to grappling with that same issue. Maybe i'm not getting it across right. The presence of stands just feels so much more "established" in the world of part 5, compared to the previous 2. The viewer knows what sort of nonsense they're getting into, and so do the characters. Perhaps that's why it feels so fitting that the main villain here is characterized by an overwhelming amount of caution and reluctance to face the heroes.
Yeah, this part feels smarter overall cause by this point you're used to all stand fuckery xD
they feel like a bunch of teenagers on a trip, but they're not that great cause we've seen them before in other anime i guess... what helps p5 crew is that they are insane, the (supposedly) brain of the team stabbed a dude because of a math question and said dude threatened him with a knife, next day fugo's all "you can do this mission Narancia I know you can" and kid's barely listening lol, then you got this dude with a funny hat that carries bullets on it and feeds his stand < , i wont even talk about bruno's first impression, besides poss dude he was the craziest one, like, c'mon. The least crazy dude in that room made piss tea.

Avdol still got it worse
Avdol was my second favorite after old joseph, losing him twice soured my whole experience, even if i didn't mind all the Polnaleff screen time D: