• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
i swear if davipro drops jojo and doesn't do part 6 or part 7 i'll be somewhat sad. part 8 is understandable granted that isn't done

I think Part 6 is probably a given, at least. Pay attention to the first few seconds of the Phantom Blood OP again...

Also, the anime has been doing pretty well up to now, right? One would think there would be a guaranteed audience for the show at this point, as long as the quality keeps up.

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about the Babyface fight is that it's sandwiched between Grateful Dead and Beach boy and White Album. Those are to GOAT fights. I actually skipped the first ep of the Babyface fight to get to the beginning of White Album.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing about the Babyface fight is that it's sandwiched between Grateful Dead and Beach boy and White Album. Those are to GOAT fights. I actually skipped the first ep of the Babyface fight to get to the beginning of White Album.
Babyface is supposed to be a character moment for Giorno but definitely not one of the memorable fights =/ After some episodes it feels like that arc is only there so Giorno can learn how to heal and that's uh...bad. The arc only serves that specific function and like it's not that interesting on its own, so when you compare it to white album which actually did something for his character development that fight just dies o-o(and grateful dead was just a great study of Bruno's character served with a side of Mista and cool stands, so you'll be expecting pure greatness after that and then you don't get it).

That whole thing is very odd considering the stakes for the fight: Bruno and Trish almost died there, the crew didn't even notice that until stuff started exploding and the Jojo has to deal with it alone and yet it's not as glorious as it should feel lol. I guess once you meet the team any solo fight with Giorno just goes "eh" it's much more interesting seeing him work with the boys x_x~

Oct 25, 2017
Babyface is supposed to be a character moment for Giorno but definitely not one of the memorable fights =/ After some episodes it feels like that arc is only there so Giorno can learn how to heal and that's uh...bad. The arc only serves that specific function and like it's not that interesting on its own, so when you compare it to white album which actually did something for his character development that fight just dies o-o(and grateful dead was just a great study of Bruno's character served with a side of Mista and cool stands, so you'll be expecting pure greatness after that and then you don't get it).

That whole thing is very odd considering the stakes for the fight: Bruno and Trish almost died there, the crew didn't even notice that until stuff started exploding and the Jojo has to deal with it alone and yet it's not as glorious as it should feel lol. I guess once you meet the team any solo fight with Giorno just goes "eh" it's much more interesting seeing him work with the boys x_x~
Giorno micromanaging the team from the background and letting how to work with them is pretty much Giorno at his best. Black Sabbath and Giorno vs Bruno are great solo fights though. Also the Babyface fight just doesn't bring the hype. I remember liking it when I read it, but the stuff before and after it are way better in the anime.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Giorno micromanaging the team from the background and letting how to work with them is pretty much Giorno at his best. Black Sabbath and Giorno vs Bruno are great solo fights though. Also the Babyface fight just doesn't bring the hype. I remember liking it when I read it, but the stuff before and after it are way better in the anime.
Haha yeah, Giorno was pretty badass alone... Until you see how much better he is with a team, blame it on the boys for being so fun, too. Black Sabbath and Bruno were good enemies though, so that helps. Babyface's origins are not only disgusting but he manages to be annoying AND have a creepy stand user...The whole fight got me just wanting that guy to be freaking destroyed.

I guess at least that arc brings some sense of catharsis =P

Oct 25, 2017
JDFSoK6.jpg

Probably one of the best poses in the franchise and the anime elevates it. Giorno's VA always kills it.
Haha yeah, Giorno was pretty badass alone... Until you see how much better he is with a team, blame it on the boys for being so fun, too. Black Sabbath and Bruno were good enemies though, so that helps. Babyface's origins are not only disgusting but he manages to be annoying AND have a creepy stand user...The whole fight got me just wanting that guy to be freaking destroyed.

I guess at least that arc brings some sense of catharsis =P
This is why I think Giorno is the most under rated Jojo. He's a cool dude that gets shit done, he just doesn't have the biggest ego in the room.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This is easily my favorite/best part of jojo supplanting part 3. The fights have all been incredible and I love the dynamics of the main cast.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of the narrative, Part 5 is basically Part 3 but with the benefit of Araki's experience and heightened confidence.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the better fights in the entire series but the way Green Day's power activates is just as nebulous and dumb as ever.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
for me 3>5 still, I just ADORED the main cast in 3, but 5 is the most well-rounded part for sure. 15 year old Giorno trying to take over a gang to stop drug trafficking is much better motivation than the-one-named-female-joestar-is-a-damsel-in-distress-because-she-is-WEAK motivation in 3 for sure (DIO is a different matter though)

One of the better fights in the entire series but the way Green Day's power activates is just as nebulous and dumb as ever.
putting everything else aside, the blood moving in your veins would grow mold, no?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I
Giorno has an answer for fucking everything. "Hey guys, I read a bunch of encylopedia's as a kid because I was alone, please listen to this explanation." "Giorno. People are melting we don't have time for this..."
I mean that's every stand user because apparently everyone either reads encyclopedia or hit random on wikipedia

It's funny when the explanation is that the ant goes up to spread the spores to as much as possible but how it works is that it only spreads when you go down

That's not how anything works

Oct 25, 2017
I

I mean that's every stand user because apparently everyone either reads encyclopedia or hit random on wikipedia

It's funny when the explanation is that the ant goes up to spread the spores to as much as possible but how it works is that it only spreads when you go down

That's not how anything works
I mean yeah, but the Part 5 crew is more aware of stuff. I would think Green Day and Secco vs the Part 3 crew would go a lot differently.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
deducing Green Day works when you go down is a 200 IQ-tier deduction that was probably so quick for the simple reason that the gang would get wiped the fuck out if they didn't realize it in like 10 seconds

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
deducing Green Day works when you go down is a 200 IQ-tier deduction that was probably so quick for the simple reason that the gang would get wiped the fuck out if they didn't realize it in like 10 seconds
People in jojo have 200 IQ deductions because otherwise fights would boring or the heroes would die quickly

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
putting everything else aside, the blood moving in your veins would grow mold, no?

Just walking should theoretically cover your legs entirely with mold every time you took a step. Theoretically just swinging your arms a bit while moving should do the same as they have an downward motion with every swing. As I said its a good fight but like most things, the execution of Araki's crazy ideas can leave a bit to be desired.

People in jojo have 200 IQ deductions because otherwise fights would boring or the heroes would die quickly

Except when they develop temporary bouts of brain damage and memory loss.

Oct 25, 2017
Just walking should theoretically cover your legs entirely with mold every time you took a step. Theoretically just swinging your arms a bit while moving should do the same as they have an downward motion with every swing. As I said its a good fight but like most things, the execution of Araki's crazy ideas can leave a bit to be desired.

Except when they develop temporary bouts of brain damage and memory loss.
thresholds

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, but the Part 5 crew is more aware of stuff. I would think Green Day and Secco vs the Part 3 crew would go a lot differently.
This fight in Part 3 would be everyone melting into mold, except Jotaro who had Star Platinum punch every mold spore that got close to him. And after winning everyone would be revived automatically.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Jotaro would use his all-new ability Star Nose to inhale all the spore that is processed through the stand's body to become harmless during the very last minute of the fight

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Without spoiling anything, is this part over? I can't find this simple answer anywhere.

I'm going on a roadtrip soon and would love to binge watch it but I need to know if the anime, this part, is over.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Polnareff would get taken out first when he crouches down to take a dump and the spores spread.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This wouldn't even make sense considering what that combo does. Iggy would just get melted before he even hits Cioccolatta or Secco would've just deflected it with his spit.
I never said it would make sense or work. I don't see Iggy melting before getting there either though, and I'm sure The Fool would be able to protect Iggy from Secco.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
So I just got to the conclusion that Risotto and Abbacchio have the absolute best designs out of everyone for me, sooo good (Doppio and Trish are good too). Glad to finally be caught up.