• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
My girlfriend has been real mad about the 0.5 episodes lately, but she now sees why they were necessary. The animation in this episode was madness. The nodding on Secco was absolutely brilliant stuff. Plenty of frames, very little attempts at dodgy tweens, excellent linework and expressions all over the place. Sublime stuff.
Being honest here, i think for Part 6 they should definitely keep this same structure with the 39 Episodes and the Recap. Part 7 is going to require more episodes though..

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
In this specific case, it's definitely "a quick death would be too good for you". Also, Gold Experience's punches are not as strong as Sticky Fingers, who isn't a particularly strong stand to begin with. The days of Star "I beat you because I punched you stronger" Platinum are over.

The benefits of having a swole stand I suppose. The World was swole, Killer Queen was pretty jacked, and now King Crimson is swole too.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
In this specific case, it's definitely "a quick death would be too good for you". Also, Gold Experience's punches are not as strong as Sticky Fingers, who isn't a particularly strong stand to begin with. The days of Star "I beat you because I punched you stronger" Platinum are over.
You can sorta measure how wimpy GE is in beatdown strenght for how long it took to break through Ghiacchio's armor and pierce trough his neck, cause I don't think that beating was intentionally "long"..

If stand stats meant something, you could have a nice picture of it... GE has a C in destructive power(punching strenght), while Sticky fingers, Spice girl and King crimson all have As, these last three are the chest hole punching ones of the saga and they have strenght differences between them that are left purposefully vague. (KC can only make donuts that easily cause it's pretty good on sneak attacks, without the time erasure thing bruno probably could defend that punch if he was aware of it)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Just caught up to this episode. Trash goes in the garbage truck.
tumblr_oywy80eeVU1wy5etso1_1280.jpg

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mista Bullet: BUT A STAND CAN ONLY HAVE ONE ABILITY

ME: hahahaha HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It does put a huge strain on production, doing 3 consecutive cours. Well first we gotta see this part to its end, before we even talk about part 6 and beyond.
True but at the same time if they did a break they would lose their airing time on Japanese TV which would heavily reduce the amount of money they get in. Part 6 isn't one of the most liked Parts in Japan so i really don't see them doing a break for it but your right. Once Part 5 ends then we can see if they will do 6 and beyond.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, honestly the CR Translations feel really rushed at times
I believe they don't have mch time to do them... that's why i like rewatching on BR subs from time to time, their jojo team seems more prepared to deal with pressure

Quality here is uneven though, HxH subs were localized on top of translated and sometimes they crack me up

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone ever considered the fact that gold experience has the potential for being the enabler of the biggest possible heel-turn? You go on a long adventure with your buddies, healing them up with random bits of trash, and then at the end, where 75% of their bodies are actually made up of random junk you turned into bodyparts, you say "ok, now do what i say forever or else I'll snap my fingers and all your vital organs will turn back into car tyres and bullets and rocks and shit."

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I believe they don't have mch time to do them... that's why i like rewatching on BR subs from time to time, their jojo team seems more prepared to deal with pressure

Quality here is uneven though, HxH subs were localized on top of translated and sometimes they crack me up
What's BR subs and where do you watch this way?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
What's BR subs and where do you watch this way?
Sorry, I meant Crunchyroll's brazilian portuguese subs, I'm afraid that's uh...not acessible to everyone lol
I've spent years thinking national sub teams would be worse than the american english ones but in the end Crunchy's team for jojo ended up surprisingly good D:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone ever considered the fact that gold experience has the potential for being the enabler of the biggest possible heel-turn? You go on a long adventure with your buddies, healing them up with random bits of trash, and then at the end, where 75% of their bodies are actually made up of random junk you turned into bodyparts, you say "ok, now do what i say forever or else I'll snap my fingers and all your vital organs will turn back into car tyres and bullets and rocks and shit."
My friend and I had a conversation about this

Like at this point if Giorno dies, would all the things he transformed go back to normal? would the whole gang just fucking die because they had just chunks of cars and concrete in the place of vital organs?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

Like at this point if Giorno dies, would all the things he transformed go back to normal? would the whole gang just fucking die because they had just chunks of cars and concrete in the place of vital organs?
The way I see it once he gives something life it becomes its own thing, and it will not transform back unless he wills it to. Thus on his death, all the life he creates will continue on without him.

But the fact remains that he technically could kill his entire team with zero effort, if he wanted to. If, for example, he had been in josuke's place in part 4, after he healed Kira he could immediately un-heal him after realizing his mistake

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

In theory body parts created by GE can't be turned back into objects, I think it makes sense cause at some points the person's body just gonna replace those cells anyway... Imagine if the body parts turned back into objects everytime Giorno went unconscious, team would have died on that plane during the BIG fight... And maybe during the Clash fight as well

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I find it funny how whem everyone else goes unconscious their stand's effect vanishes but Giorno just says fuck the rules

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't you really understood what I meant, but it's cool. I've loved the show and manga but find Giorno's powers incredibly inconsistent. If y'all want to excuse it with "Jojo has never made sense! Just enjoy the product!" sure go ahead. But damn it's annoying when you have a character like Giorno whose powers are ill-defined as fuck unlike his teammates.
Yah yah yah Clone-clone Jambo yah yah yeh

I don't disagree...this Part gets as much love as it does in at least Japan mostly due to Buccellati - not necessarily because of Giorno, by the way

Last edited:

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
That battle was like peak bullshit. Everything made so little sense it was honestly hard to follow. Hype ending though <3

A shame I got spoiled about Polnareff coming back in this part like a year+ ago. Might have been super hype if it was a surprise :P >_<

As an aside, I feel like Trish should really get a chance to like do things? She's done nothing but hide away in that turtle since the Notorious BIG battle. She has an actual Stand now and the rest of the crew don't have to "protect" her anymore. She should be like a normal member of the crew but she doesn't get to do shit all.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am cracking tf up

⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⠟⠄⠄⠄⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⡟⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⡿⠃⠄⠄⢠⡄⠄⠄⣤⡄⠄⠄⣤⠄⠄⢠⣤⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⣀⡀⠄⢀⣀⣸⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⠶⠤⠄⠄⠸⠇⠄⠄⠿⠇⠄⠄⠿⠄⠄⠸⠿⢿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⠉⠁⠄⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠄⠄⠉⠉⠉⠉⣿
⣿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⠶⠆⠄⠰⠶⢦⣤⣤⡄⠄⠄⢠⣤⣤⣤⣿
⣿⣿⣿⠄⠄⢸⡇⠄⠄⣿⡇⠄⠄⣿⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⣤⡄⠄⢠⣤⣼⣿⣿⠃⠄⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⡟⠄⢀⡀⠄⢻⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⡿⠉⠙⢻⡟⠛⠻⣿⡛⠛⠹⣿⡛⠉⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⠉⠉⠉⡏⢹⠉⡇⠄⢸⡿⠁⠄⡼⣧⠄⠈⢿⣿⣿
⣿⠟⠁⠄⣠⣿⡇⠄⠄⣿⣧⠄⠄⢻⣷⡄⠄⠘⢿⣿⡟⠄⣸⠄⡇⠈⣤⡇⠄⠘⠄⠄⡀⠄⠘⣆⠄⠈⠻⣿
⣿⣶⣄⣴⣿⣿⣿⣠⣤⣽⣿⣧⣤⣬⣿⣿⣦⣴⣾⣿⣇⣀⣿⣀⣷⡆⠄⠄⠄⣄⠄⣴⣿⡄⠄⣸⣦⠄⣠⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Last edited:

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
That battle was like peak bullshit. Everything made so little sense it was honestly hard to follow. Hype ending though <3

A shame I got spoiled about Polnareff coming back in this part like a year+ ago. Might have been super hype if it was a surprise :P >_<

As an aside, I feel like Trish should really get a chance to like do things? She's done nothing but hide away in that turtle since the Notorious BIG battle. She has an actual Stand now and the rest of the crew don't have to "protect" her anymore. She should be like a normal member of the crew but she doesn't get to do shit all.
Yeah, I expecting more Trish action after her WANNABE! in the plane. Shame