• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be legit sad if Joseph fucking got resusciated by injecting his blood back into his body after his soul literally ascended to the heavens but Polnareff doesn't survive this
I'll be pissed off.
The same exact "soul mist leaving the body after death" happened to Joseph. He had no blood in this veins! His heart stopped beating! His soul was out of his body!!!
Yet HE STILL CAME BACK!

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
but he unbinds himself from causality, not from TIME. before he erases time he has to live through it, and that's when he's able to move. but he can't move while living through stopped time. Jotaro still would have an edge.

if he saw jotaro having punched through him in the future and erased it, then star platinum's fist would still be inside his body when time resumed: deleting the action of being punched through is useless if you can't actually step out of the way before time continues normally and outside forces once again have an effect on you. From KC's perspective it would feel like someone used his own ability on him.

All Jotaro would need to do is deduce the limit of the time diavolo could blow away, just like bruno did, so he could "time" it right.

I think KC would have the advantage if he kept his distance and disoriented jotaro with ranged attacks from unpredictable directions. Close range has too many moving parts, and it gets into literal metaphysical questions that could be answered in either direction.

But why would Jotaro's fist be inside Diavolo when erasure ends? He can avoid that by just moving at another direction than the forecast. As i said at the end, diavolo can change his actions according to the prediction but everyone else still acts according to the prediction no matter what. Just like how bruno was punching thin air when diavolo just moved over a little to the side, jotaro would be stopping time and punching the place where diavolo was originally supposed to be even though diavolo is not there anymore.

Only Diavolo can change his predicted action during the erased time. Everyone else just blindly follows their fate according to epitaph and can't perceive the changes made by diavolo.

The only way what you said can happen is if diavolo sees that he will die in epitaph and for some reason decides to not change the future and follows his epitaph'ed actions like an idiot

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But why would Jotaro's fist be inside Diavolo when erasure ends?
The only way this would happen is if King Crimson somehow didn't use Epitaph for 10 seconds before Jotaro stopped time.

Whether KC would foresee Jotaro's movements while he moves within stopped time... is an interesting question, but I'd vote that he wouldn't be able to, seeing as the interval of Epitaph's vision is 10 seconds, a quantity of time

Oct 25, 2017
The hypoteticals of a Diavolo vs Jotaro fight are insane. Like, I feel the only reason Jotaro is not in P5 asides from a cameo is because of the question of "can King Crimson erase the stopped time?"

Oct 27, 2017
This episode was perfection.
It felt long but well paced. Really satisfying episode.

Diavolo looks great and the stand tease is really hype. Can't wait to see the reactions next week.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okuyasu's soul also left his body but he decided to back to the living world. Maybe Polnareff could do the same with the help of Golden Experience?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good episode, felt quite tense.

Welp, we're finally here... at this part. Hmm.

The Parallels

170.png

Immediately caught that myself, loved it lol

Some on Reddit Anime pointed this out - 4 years Ago in the Anime Adaption Kakyoin died against DIO by getting donuted which was coincidentally aired on International donut day(7th of june 2015). Today this episode (7th of June 2019) - Polneraff got donutted by Diavolo on international donut day. It really is fate.

Amazing

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think Giorno wanted to try that but didn't go through with it

I believe Giorno has some moral code regarding that. Maybe he saw what he did with Bucciarati and decided to not go through it again with Abacchio. That or Abacchio's will wasn't as strong as Bucciarati's that he back to the living as an undead.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I believe Giorno has some moral code regarding that. Maybe he saw what he did with Bucciarati and decided to not go through it again with Abacchio. That or Abacchio's will wasn't as strong as Bucciarati's that he back to the living as an undead.
I think the key difference is that Gio healed Bruno before realizing he was dead tbh lol kid was so desperate he only checked the pulse later iirc

zombie goth daddy is probably peak edge lord.
We had plenty of edgelordying in this part, getting one more wouldn't hurt

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I admit that watching Bucciarati getting worse over time is painful. Poor boy can't hear, can't walk, can't stand on his own, can't see...
I remember the day i read that, somehow it gets worse when you have to power through the words and not have them moving for you, like they do on tv shows

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People need to realize that Joseph's true power is to survive. Dude has gone through the biggest bullshit imaginable, most done through his own dumbass actions, but he made it out of all of them. Because that's what he does, motherfucker survives.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
And then you realize that they were both murdered by another goth daddy. Part 5 is like a goth daddy version of The Highlander.
"Who wants to live forever?"
(this should be a stand name lmao)
People need to realize that Joseph's true power is to survive. Dude has gone through the biggest bullshit imaginable, most done through his own dumbass actions, but he made it out of all of them. Because that's what he does, motherfucker survives.
He feeds off the souls of dead JoBros

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Well I watched it again and I still don't understand what's happening lol... next week should be crazy though, I can't wait.
I admit that watching Bucciarati getting worse over time is painful. Poor boy can't hear, can't walk, can't stand on his own, can't see...
Yeah, it's really hard watching what's happening to him now. I get why he was at the top of so many favorite JoJo lists though, he's my new favorite character in the series.

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda silly arguing that Jotaro could take on Diavolo and King Crimson as is, because Araki is making a hard point that King Crimson is invincible and unlike Sheer Heart Attack, that's not Diavolo's own assessment. It's remarked by several experienced Stand fighters. Diavolo can use Epitah by his own words to predict pitfalls and use King Crimson to erase them.

Also, Diavolo's second weapon (as stated in this very episode itself by being one of the mistakes Polnareff committed) was his hidden identity. Polnareff and Jotaro had no Trish to pin point them to the Boss location. Surprise is Diavolo's most used element.

Oct 26, 2017
Bucciarati can still hear a little since he was able to converse somewhat with Doppio.

With the shape his body is in, I don't think even Gold Experience can give Bruno a second wind.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Admittingly it's around this part where things soured for people, but part of me thinks it was due to the bad translations at the time. And of course the bullshit moment.

The final segment is pretty wild though and we know the name of the game for the final encounter at this point.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bucciarati can still hear a little since he was able to converse somewhat with Doppio.

With the shape his body is in, I don't think even Gold Experience can give Bruno a second wind.
iirc he can hear people's souls, if he could hear he'd notice he was talking to the same person.
Also I think you mean a third wind lol he's on the second already =(
"Buckle up" is too nice. You have to "strap the fuck in" for Part 5's climax.
Don't wanna be like those [insert jojo part here] fans that overhype the shit out of stuff and spoil the ride for everyone

Oct 25, 2017
iirc he can hear people's souls, if he could hear he'd notice he was talking to the same person.
Also I think you mean a third wind lol he's on the second already =(

Don't wanna be like those [insert jojo part here] fans that overhype the shit out of stuuf and spoil the ride for everyone
I get you, but there's really no over selling the ending for this.