• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017

Go back and read some of the first pages of this thread. The majority of people were skeptical that Part 5 would turns out as good as Part 4 and the prevailing wisdom was that it wouldn't be as visually interesting and would be plagued with even worse production issues.

Yeah pepole were calling the GW Staff the B Team of David Productions. The A Team i beleive was working on Fire Force, Cells at Work and Captain Tsubasa

Do we know what the "A Team" is working on now? Have people tried figuring out who will be working on Part 6?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Go back and read some of the first pages of this thread. The majority of people were skeptical that Part 5 would turns out as good as Part 4 and the prevailing wisdom was that it wouldn't be as visually interesting and would be plagued with even worse production issues.

Do we know what the "A Team" is working on now? Have people tried figuring out who will be working on Part 6?
Fire Force

Your right, honestly i thought the same thing and despite the occasionally hiccups. I would argue this has easily been the best JoJo Part in terms of Production

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The only problem I have with the latest episode is that the opening is way too hype for the episode we got. Wish they had held back one more episode for it. The equivalent for when they changed the opening to part 4 was a lot more exciting of an episode from what I remember.

Essentially, the OP wrote a check that this episode just couldn't cash. Next episode is looking like it'll pull it off though.

wasn't the episode they changed the opening for 4 the episode where Rohan "died"? before the actual fight.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

This is a really good Oceaniz Video and don't worry, it doesn't contain massive spoilers for Part 5 post the point in the manga and brings up three intresting theories regarding Diavolo that came out thanks to the manga and anime.

Theory 1. Diavolo/Doppio is a Split Personality Disorder (most common theory but the anime has changed or at least hinted that this might not entirely be the case)

Theory 2. Diavolo is a demon or otherworldly being who possessed Doppio when he was born (this theory came about mostly due to the anime which had Doppio's eyes going red and the guards explaining that Doppio's mom's belly wasn't that big before)

Theory 3: Diavolo is King Crimson, Stands can awaken from aspects of the user's soul and Stands can form their own personalities and mannerisms (helll they don't even have to be an ally to the user. See Cheap Trick.

There's more to explain here but i recommend watching the video

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really good Oceaniz Video and don't worry, it doesn't contain massive spoilers for Part 5 post the point in the manga and brings up three intresting theories regarding Diavolo that came out thanks to the manga and anime.

Theory 1. Diavolo/Doppio is a Split Personality Disorder (most common theory but the anime has changed or at least hinted that this might not entirely be the case)

Theory 2. Diavolo is a demon or otherworldly being who possessed Doppio when he was born (this theory came about mostly due to the anime which had Doppio's eyes going red and the guards explaining that Doppio's mom's belly wasn't that big before)

Theory 3: Diavolo is King Crimson, Stands can awaken from aspects of the user's soul and Stands can form their own personalities and mannerisms (helll they don't even have to be an ally to the user. See Cheap Trick.

There are a few part 6 and 7 visual spoilers in the beginning.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I'm team devil now D:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Personally i believe in Theory 3 more considering how DP constantly uses King Crimson as Diavolo when Doppio is speaking to him. Though Theory 2 is not farfetched considering there are some instances in the anime that make me think this

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
We need a new JoJo fighting game.

Also, Golden Wind is so fucking hype I'm going to have to read the following Parts when it's done. Can't wait to see what Araki does with a female cast, I know my gf is hype for that just at the sight of those character designs.

Oct 28, 2017
If it happens, I hope its an all JoJo parts affair, and doesn't just focus on one part. Though the Part 3 Capcom game was great, I don't think some of the Stands were that interesting for a fighting game, like Heirophant Green.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If it happens, I hope its an all JoJo parts affair, and doesn't just focus on one part. Though the Part 3 Capcom game was great, I don't think some of the Stands were that interesting for a fighting game, like Heirophant Green.
Honestly i think in terms of balance i think it would work better if they kept it to one part - Golden Wind would really work as a fighting game. If ASW were making this game and it's 1v1 plus includes all parts then i expect a 16 charcter roster which would be the main antagionsts/rivals and protagionsts of all 8 Parts

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly i think in terms of balance i think it would work better if they kept it to one part - Golden Wind would really work as a fighting game. If ASW were making this game and it's 1v1 plus includes all parts then i expect a 16 charcter roster which would be the main antagionsts/rivals and protagionsts of all 8 Parts

I think sticking to one part can be hard because there's a lot of puzzle Stands that don't work so well from a fighting game perspective, and widening the parts selection gives you more options. Though if there's anyone we can trust to produce gold from out of nowhere, its ArcSys. Just hope they get to put as much love into a possible JJBA fighting game as they could DBFZ.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think sticking to one part can be hard because there's a lot of puzzle Stands that don't work so well from a fighting game perspective, and widening the parts selection gives you more options. Though if there's anyone we can trust to produce gold from out of nowhere, its ArcSys. Just hope they get to put as much love into a possible JJBA fighting game as they could DBFZ.
The issue is that there are so many charcters and charcters will be much more complex then say DBFZ so i expect a 16-24 charcter roster at the start which means charcters will have to get cut

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel like the first jojo cross over fighter on ps3 had a very good roster with characters from the whole series. If you have to focus on a single part then parts 3 and 5 seem like they'd make the best solo part fighting games. Part 4 has too many odd gimmick or puzzle bosses, parts 1-2 combined don't have enough character.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like the first jojo cross over fighter on ps3 had a very good roster with characters from the whole series. If you have to focus on a single part then parts 3 and 5 seem like they'd make the best solo part fighting games. Part 4 has too many odd gimmick or puzzle bosses, parts 1-2 combined don't have enough character.
Yeah I think 5 works the best

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should do the parts that have been adapted into anime so far. It gives them a lot of room for DLC characters, too. Then there could be a sequel once the Part 6 anime comes out.

If they do it, they need to make posing and color palette swaps into game mechanics.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think they should do the parts that have been adapted into anime so far. It gives them a lot of room for DLC characters, too. Then there could be a sequel once the Part 6 anime comes out.

If they do it, they need to make posing and color palette swaps into game mechanics.
Yeah I have a feeling they will do that considering recent JOJO games

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to start watching this anime soon, perhaps when I finish AoT and Mob S2. Im assuming the best place to begin is with Part 1, Phantom Blood yeah?

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Jojo games, it seems odd that Bamco never localized stardust shooters or diamond records for the west. I have no idea if they're any good, but considering Jojo's increasing popularity here and the fact they released ASB and EoH here, it's kind of surprising

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hierophant Green was great in that game though. Great as a fighting game character, and a much more interesting and likeable Kakyôin than in the manga.
The problem is really that Jojo ASB poisoned the well. "Play with characters from all 8 parts" is not a novelty anymore, and people have already been hyped to death and then bought full price an underwhelming game.
ArcSys is not known for making huge rosters, so even if they'd take, say, heroes and bosses from all 8 parts, that'd be 16 characters, and that would work for a good fighting game... but it wouldn't have much appeal for Jojo fans who don't particularly care about fighting games. "Been there, done that, and that game had Esidisi and Shigecchi as playable characters".

Good thing is they could take notes from CC2's game for some characters, in the same way CC2 could draft their part 3 characters from Capcom.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I'm reading part one for the first time thanks to it being on SJ back catalogue. I'm only on chapter 21 but it's sooooooo much better than the anime. The direction of the anime just seems... off. The pacing is way too fast and misses some great details about the mask and Dario. The animation in general with characters, the color choices, and the music. Some events happening in different order ( I'm assuming it has to do with 9 eps). I'm rewatching it too so I can really compare and 2 episodes in it just doesn't compare to the manga.

I can only speak on this and part 5 as i'm reading that along with watching the anime.

I don't know if the team just improved or changed directors but Golden Wind anime is really faithful and sometimes improves upon the book. Something I can't say about Phantom Blood.

In hindsight I would've read first before watching the anime. But I'm grateful for the anime as that's what got me into JoJo in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading part one for the first time thanks to it being on SJ back catalogue. I'm only on chapter 21 but it's sooooooo much better than the anime. The direction of the anime just seems... off. The pacing is way too fast and misses some great details about the mask and Dario. The animation in general with characters, the color choices, and the music. Some events happening in different order ( I'm assuming it has to do with 9 eps). I'm rewatching it too so I can really compare and 2 episodes in it just doesn't compare to the manga.

I can only speak on this and part 5 as i'm reading that along with watching the anime.

I don't know if the team just improved or changed directors but Golden Wind anime is really faithful and sometimes improves upon the book. Something I can't say about Phantom Blood.

In hindsight I would've read first before watching the anime. But I'm grateful for the anime as that's what got me into JoJo in the first place.
The Part 5 team is a different set of people.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
references to aztec culture and Dario scenes where he was in prison and George met with him.

I'm only on episode 2 but i'm pretty sure that stuff isn't in later episodes in the anime if I remember correctly.
Idr if it's the same scene, but there is a prison scene in the anime.

I also vastly prefer that the anime cut out the culty opening scene for one immediately focusing on the relevant characters at hand.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Idr if it's the same scene, but there is a prison scene in the anime.

I also vastly prefer that the anime cut out the culty opening scene for one immediately focusing on the relevant characters at hand.

yeah that's it. it's slightly different in the book but looks like it's included in the show too.