• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean there would be Giorno and Trish (Bruno also but he's likely not long for this world considering his dead/dying body)
The original gang.
Bucci's family.

We got half dead Bucci, Mista, and a coward. I can't even imagine how they're feeling right now. Giorno was already sad and he only spent a week with those dudes, trish even less time, but bruno formed that team and Mista spent maybe a full year with them :(

Oct 27, 2017
Bucciarati is for sure gone after this fight unfortunately

I got a feeling Trish is safe coz gotta have that survivors guilt

Only question is will Mista make it?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it is Araki but it's possible, i don't see much of a reason for Araki to kill Mista right now though
Mista is the only really expendable member of the gang, plotwise, unless he wants to pull a Jonathan on Giorno

Mista's only still alive because bullet wounds are very easy to heal for GE and his stand isn't really dangerous for Diavolo

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Guys, I've realized something... Not counting Polnatortoise, there are only four members of the group left, and should Mistah die, he'd be the fourth person to leave the gang... I'm starting to get worried.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Sex Pistols has saved the gang more than Mista has. Mista is a liability but his Stand deserves a fucking medal.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, fuck just watched the last ep, I wasn't ready for that episode, fuck, he went out without a fight too, after thinking it was all over.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sex Pistols has saved the gang more than Mista has. Mista is a liability but his Stand deserves a fucking medal.
Number 5 is the part's MVP.
Mista would've died in the train, and giorno in that rooftop, if it wasn't for the small one
Eh despite his faults, Mista's still one of my favourite Part 5 charcters.
same, he's only not in my top 3 because Giorno, Narancia and Bruno are a thing, but I love him more than most of the characters i've ever read lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
One of my favorite sequences is still that bit Giorno and Mista are getting to the port and mista takes off a FULL DINNER SET and starts cutting salami for his stand, while giorno watches completely dumbfounded..."where did he pack all that shit, and why?"

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
One of my favorite sequences is still that bit Giorno and Mista are getting to the port and mista takes off a FULL DINNER SET and starts cutting salami for his stand, while giorno watches completely dumbfounded..."where did he pack all that shit, and why?"
Yeah that was a great moment as well, Mista's honestly one of the funnest JoJo charcters but he's not as well developed as say Polneraff and Bruno

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was a great moment as well, Mista's honestly one of the funnest JoJo charcters but he's not as well developed as say Polneraff and Bruno
He honestly doesn't need much, he's a simple dude, goes with whatever wind strikes him as lucky and tries not to think much about stuff, anything more than that would break his easy going persona, unless part 5 had like, 10 more volumes to cover, he doesn't need that much

He's also the party member that took part in most of the fights iirc(besides giorno of course), so you can't complain about screentime for him

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
He honestly doesn't need much, he's a simple dude, goes with whatever wind strikes him as lucky and tries not to think much about stuff, anything more than that would break his easy going persona, unless part 5 had like, 10 more volumes to cover, he doesn't need that much

He's also the party member that took part in most of the fights iirc...
That's an intresting thought, what if GW was longer. Personally i think it had a perfect length but having it extended could give more fights to the Likes of Trish,Fugo and Abbachio who lack fights.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's an intresting thought, what if GW was longer. Personally i think it had a perfect length but having it extended could give more fights to the Likes of Trish,Fugo and Abbachio who lack fights.
Man, idk, i think it's perfect the way it is... certain jojo parts dragged for way too long and made reading kinda hard to finish imo... i wished it had one or two more volumes but it would ruin the fast pacing it needed to have

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, idk, i think it's perfect the way it is... certain jojo parts dragged for way too long and made reading kinda hard to finish imo... i wished it had one or two more volumes but it would ruin the fast pacing it needed to have
Yeah - i think it's has a fine length compared to say SDC and DIU which really could have cut some fights

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
bruno is also a single parent
I kinda like to think every bullet represents a party member(counting trish) and that's why number 4 is gone :D it makes no sense and it's totally stupid but it's very fun

But yeah there's two single parents in this part, but mista's fun cause he has no idea of wtf he's doing

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'd been spoiled like 10 minutes before watching the episode. Then he said the speech with the death flags and I could barely look at the screen at that point.

And then the whole scene plays out with all the confusion and everybody panicking and discovering the body, and Giorno trying to bring him back and everyone crying a lot and the bird and fugo and abbachio and it's just too much, damn, I wasn't fucking ready for this
I cried a lot

Like, Abbachio's death hits me harder, but fuck, this one is a lot

And it's not even the end of the episode, and they just have to immediately move on, with this weird and oddly calm walk towards Silver Chariot, like, fucking hell this was an amazing episode.

Also having Diavolo be on the good guys team and just being friends with the gang brings me joy. I would've liked that AU
I guess it's because I haven't actually seen him do anything bad besides offing Polnareff, everything else was done by the "shadowy Boss" or by Doppio or KC, so I guess I'm more fond of Diavolo and somehow don't really connect that the things the Boss have done are actually things Diavolo has done. Like, he's a new character to me. I haven't interiorized that they're the same person.

=(

Feltrol you asked about me and i'm fine, sorta.

Been waiting to see how they'd adapt this episode all day. Narancia's been myfavorite boy of the group for a good chunk of the time I watched VA, sometime later Giorno grew on me but I'll always have a soft spot for the boy.

I saw it coming from a mile, ever since I watched the first opening a couple of times, while beautiful, that shot of him facing a blue sky always striked me as haunting, knowing how jojo openings work, how else should i interpret someone in the sky? Honestly, that and a couple of spoilers made me just go and read the part... I don't regret it at all, but I wished I didn't find out through others, though when I read it happening I just couldn't believe it.

Narancia had a clear role in Bucci's team. He's there to remind us these are kids: They might kill folks left and right, drink and ride cars but they are just kids, and how they got there is a tragedy on its own... Narancia never had to join tha mafia, he had an asshole of a father but the dude never stopped paying his school, never hurt him and probably felt the impact of his wife's death in a way he couldn't be there to give the kid the support he needed(or was just an asshole, araki never really made a distinction). He joined the gang because he didn't want to be alone, he enjoys following a group, warmth, family, these are highly relatable needs which made the whole deal sadder...Almost all of the gang moments were initiated by him, some of them never made it to the anime but while we had Mista making a fool of himself as comic relief, Narancia was there to remember the whole gang had a lot of goofballs, and I think he'd like to be remembered by those moments and not by the sad ones, which is why I decided to close this with a small memory of happier times.

aaaand I just cried again :(
great writeup

T1vPp85.jpg
.....and again........

I mean I get why but also nobody is talking about how Mista shot a fucking creep through their cheek then HANDCUFFED THEM TO A STREET LAMP THROUGH THE HOLE IN HIS CHEEK
that was really funny

Oct 27, 2017

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Remember the whole does every Simpsons moment fit a situation...well i may have found the perfect way to describe Polneraff and co vs Chariot Requiem

jpeodf6ip3631.jpg

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be real quick and vague about manga talk but I just started reading Steel Ball Run (couldn't help myself, but I didn't want to read Stone Ocean before seeing the end of Golden Wind) and it feels like Araki went "you know what would be cool? DRAWING HORSES, ALL THE FUCKING HORSES!", so far so good and there's batshit insane stuff from the get-go. I like it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'll be real quick and vague about manga talk but I just started reading Steel Ball Run (couldn't help myself, but I didn't want to read Stone Ocean before seeing the end of Golden Wind) and it feels like Araki went "you know what would be cool? DRAWING HORSES, ALL THE FUCKING HORSES!", so far so good and there's batshit insane stuff from the get-go. I like it.
Umm wrong thread (this is for the Anime Only Part 5 - but if you want you can spoiler tag it)

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Umm wrong thread (this is for the Anime Only Part 5 - but if you want you can spoiler tag it)
Yeah I know, that's why I'm not going into more details. It's just that has someone who "consumed" JoJo only as an anime so far, I just felt like talking quickly about it here. Once I'm done with SBR, I'll probably head to the manga thread to talk about it. Don't want to derail the nice thread we got here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the episode. Lmao damn I know it's not meant to be funny, but Narancia fucking deserved it after breaking into that random monologue

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Polnareff is constantly yelling. Makes me want to go back and see if he was also like that in Part 3, or if it's just the exposition Speedwagon effect.