• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
People mentioning all these fights and I'm just like...

Did y'all forget the first few episodes?

Giorno vs Bruno and giorno vs. Black Sabbath are classics Easily better than half the assassination fights

Giorno and Mista vs. Ghiaccio and Doppio vs Risotto is probably the top though
I thought about putting Bucciarati vs Giorno in my rank, but with the whole senses going berserk thing thrown out LITERALLY after that fight, I don't know how to feel about it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
tumblr_plchogbwrZ1qdndeho1_1280.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think Giorno is the closest Jojo to Jonathan, in that he has an absolute conviction that good will prevail over evil. It's sketchy of him to assume that his dream is on the side of good 100% of the time, but with the kind of terrible people he's faced against (he really took out the worst garbage: Polpo, Melone, Ciocolatta, Diavolo), he is certainly the lesser of two evils, and thus it is the rule of his world that he should prevail, even if from the outside his odds of success seem low. He's not a chancer: good will prevail, that's the end of it.

Most Jojo take for granted they will win the fight, but Jonathan and Giorno are the only 2 that (I think) believe in a higher purpose, or see themselves in an archetypal battle between good and evil. Joseph is on a personal journey and trusts his wits, Jôtarô trusts his own strength, and Jôsuke is just a kid on an adventure where he happens to win most of his fights.
Giorno values hope so much even thinking things will go wrong isn't a thing in his book, when it was he almost died and took a friend with him lol. I think he knows his dream isn't 100% good, but that it's his duty to go through with it so other kids won't have to, in the end he's all about trying to stop kids from taking the path his gang took, protecting them from who abuses power and stuff, and if he has to become a monster to do so he will, it'll be worth it :/

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys need to remember that DIO's sexy body and corpse dick were actually Jonathan's. Only neck up was Brando.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we can at least attribute that smooth alabaster skin to DIO, pale vamp goodness that leaves Avdol in awe.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
do you guys think dio brando is dio brando throughout the entire series, or did the mask effectively kill the original dio brando (we saw how it changes people in part 1)

Oct 25, 2017
do you guys think dio brando is dio brando throughout the entire series, or did the mask effectively kill the original dio brando (we saw how it changes people in part 1)
Being turned into a vampire pretty much kills off whatever human elements Dio has left. "I REJECT MY HUMANITY JOJOOOO!!!!" was some literal ass shit. We just get Dio's smug amped up to 15.

Oct 27, 2017
Dio was born evil so what more could the mask takeaway that he hadn't already discarded

Also please stop talking about Jonathan's dick, he wouldn't think it proper and would probs be super embarrassed

May 9, 2019
Finally caught up on Part 5 and what a roller coaster! I was almost shedding tears in the last half of the show. I can definitely say GW is my favorite part.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I finally caught up to Part 5 after taking a break when it first started airing. I'm glad I did before it ended, because it was all a good time even if some stuff was kind of dumb. I do feel like the whole Squadra stuff is basically the monster of the week parts of Part 3 just done better, but I do feel like some of the characters (Abbachio and especially Fugo obviously) didn't feel like they got to do that much. Still a super fun part! One thing that's great about Jojo is that I could come up with a reason why EVERY part is my favorite.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I can understand skipping part 3, but it's worth it for the latter half. just like part 4 it's pretty uneven. Part 5 and 2 are probably the best mix of a solid length and tight narrative construction so far.

I still love Jotaro though.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I just gotta say, re: the Man in the Mirror fight, I feel like it's underrated. it's definitely not my top moment, but Giorno calmly asking for details about Fugo's power and managing to put together a plan that made him IMMUNE to said power is fucking dope, and probably a much bigger reason why Fugo had to go, since Giorno could immunize the whole gang and they could camp out in a cloud of virus where the boss couldn't touch them.

It's an excellent example of why information is such an important commodity in stand fights, and how drastically it can change the situation versus in many superhero type settings, where it mostly doesn't matter what flavor of super-strength or laser beams any particular new combatant might have, as long as they're not as tough as you.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, I will be honest though...I am a part skipper
giphy.gif
As long as you go back and watch the rest im fine tbh, i skipped most of 3 because i kinda hated it on the first watch lmao

I just gotta say, re: the Man in the Mirror fight, I feel like it's underrated. it's definitely not my top moment, but Giorno calmly asking for details about Fugo's power and managing to put together a plan that made him IMMUNE to said power is fucking dope, and probably a much bigger reason why Fugo had to go, since Giorno could immunize the whole gang and they could camp out in a cloud of virus where the boss couldn't touch them.

It's an excellent example of why information is such an important commodity in stand fights, and how drastically it can change the situation versus in many superhero type settings, where it mostly doesn't matter what flavor of super-strength or laser beams any particular new combatant might have, as long as they're not as tough as you.
I only rank it low because of the party chemistry, you've got the most serious party members and fugo is like... just ok, putting giorno and abbachio on a team is interesting cause it didn't happen later, but when you gotta compare it to fights that had mista, narancia or bruno in the roster it just kinda loses a bit of charm...

Fugo was supposed to be a 400iq dude and he did nothing to earn the prodigy kid title, abbachio and giorno freaking carried the fight. Considering this was supposed to be the fight telling us why fugo is there it just... didn't fulfill its mission :/ just compare it to narancia's intro arc, kid did more thinking than fugo.

MiTM was a giorno/abbachio/purple haze thing where fugo's stand was more menacing than the villain of that week xD

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
As long as you go back and watch the rest im fine tbh, i skipped most of 3 because i kinda hated it on the first watch lmao

I only rank it low because of the party chemistry, you've got the most serious party members and fugo is like... just ok, putting giorno and abbachio on a team is interesting cause it didn't happen later, but when you gotta compare it to fights that had mista, narancia or bruno in the roster it just kinda loses a bit of charm...

Fugo was supposed to be a 400iq dude and he did nothing to earn the prodigy kid title, abbachio and giorno freaking carried the fight. Considering this was supposed to be the fight telling us why fugo is there it just... didn't fulfill its mission :/ just compare it to narancia's intro arc, kid did more thinking than fugo.

MiTM was a giorno/abbachio/purple haze thing where fugo's stand was more menacing than the villain of that week xD
Fugo's stand power isn't a manifestation of his intelligent side, it's a manifestation of his base and mindless destructive side. rather than being a character who is brash and in your face by default and has to bring out his intelligence and focus, his curse is that he loses his intelligence in stressful situations and is all about mindless rage. that's why he has the jekyll and hyde motif.

He has intelligence, but that isn't what he uses to solve his problems at pivotal moments, and he's often a danger to those around him.

Him being the true monster of the episode is interesting to me. All in all it was very unconventional and I liked that about it.

also re abbaccio, it was probably the most actual straight up fighting he ever got to do in the whole part, and all of that was really cool. the dynamic between him and giorno was good, as was their different approaches to the situation being what ended up resulting in victory: neither of them would have made it alone.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fugo's stand power isn't a manifestation of his intelligent side, it's a manifestation of his base and mindless destructive side. rather than being a character who is brash and in your face by default and has to bring out his intelligence and focus, his curse is that he loses his intelligence in stressful situations and is all about mindless rage. that's why he has the jekyll and hyde motif.

He has intelligence, but that isn't what he uses to solve his problems at pivotal moments, and he's often a danger to those around him.

Him being the true monster of the episode is interesting to me. All in all it was very unconventional and I liked that about it.

also re abbaccio, it was probably the most actual straight up fighting he ever got to do in the whole part, and all of that was really cool. the dynamic between him and giorno was good, as was their different approaches to the situation being what ended up resulting in victory: neither of them would have made it alone.
It is important, but it sucks on hindsight, he never got to show the other side of his and thats what characters like him are all about, that duality lol

The abbachio part was awesome, him and giorno really shined in that fight, it's just that... not having anythin with fugo later got me wishing he at least done something besides being used and then leaving lol

I'll say it again i dont hate that fight, i just wouldn't rank it over any narancia fight, most of bruno fight or most giorno fights... thats not saying the fight is bad, just that competition is tough, mitm is still better than most part 3 fights for example ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dio at the very least liked his mother and hated how his dad treated her. Dio's a sack of fucking dog shit, but people seem to forget that even Dio liked his mother.
Even the most evil and rotten character of Jojo loves his mother. Araki is a real mama's boy. The real reason part 5 is in Italy is not because of renaissance art, it's because it's the home country of all mama's boys.
That's the only explanation you need for Diavolo. "What could be the most evil trait an Italian man could have... oh, I know, being horrible to his own mom!".

Oct 25, 2017
Even the most evil and rotten character of Jojo loves his mother. Araki is a real mama's boy. The real reason part 5 is in Italy is not because of renaissance art, it's because it's the home country of all mama's boys.
That's the only explanation you need for Diavolo. "What could be the most evil trait an Italian man could have... oh, I know, being horrible to his own mom!".
This actually makes sense.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Not only his mom. He made 5 orphans in one hit bruh.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This all just reminds me how I really dug the under the surface personality they had going with Fugo, only for him to be written out before really getting to run with it.
Probably my personal biggest gripe with part 5...but hey, he's not dead I guess!

I'll always have Fugo's road rage