• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If i had to vote for the most underrated episode i'd say sex pistols fight lol
The intro to Mista's stand was really fun and awkward, Sale had a very goofy power that was surprisingly menacing and it was a very fun fight all along but being the one fight before aerosmith's arc and right after torture dance buried that fight into oblivion. Really, i was waiting for someone to at least mention it these last pages for how many mista fans we had round the beginning of the part :p

I really like it because Mista seemed like the last dude ever to have a stand that's basically 6 children and he stopped for a siesta right at the time the mission started.

That and how sale could do so much with a power that seemed to be not that impressive... walking on floating rocks. What a badass.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Not my favorite scene, but in terms of entertainment...

TenderLightheartedDungbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
There's so many great fights this part. But I probably have to give best scene to Mista even if I think he's a bit overused this part.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
There's nothing extra in that scene, it's just all good. Scene so good that it went fucking biblical.
What the fuck, the speech was awesome

... time to rewatch white album an 11th time

Soft point bullets make some ugly damage though.
Would've been fine if he didn't already harp on determination in the same episode already. Felt a bit too much power of friendship to me. But also yes, maybe because I too have watched it 10 times.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Would've been fine if he didn't already harp on determination in the same episode already. Felt a bit too much power of friendship to me. But also yes, maybe because I too have watched it 10 times.
It's important because giorno would have lost it if the dude didn't remember him what it means to not give up, the speech is extra af but it was needed...

The only thing i think the part does too much is the monologues of the team talking about giorno... it's a product of the time the manga was written but the kid's actions kinda speak for themselves

Oct 25, 2017
It's important because giorno would have lost it if the dude didn't remember him what it means to not give up, the speech is extra af but it was needed...

The only thing i think the part does too much is the monologues of the team talking about giorno... it's a product of the time the manga was written but the kid's actions kinda speak for themselves
The only Giorno hype speech that felt weird was Fugo's.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I recall Fugo's speech being more like "I trust you because you're a complete lunatic."
He pretty much fell for Giorno's act of saying he was 100% right that the brick snake would come back for him, narancia and mista had at least gone through near death experiences before admiring the dude, trish's monologue was weird cause, honestly, he didnt leave that hand for her, he just tossed it and hoped someon would notice it

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He pretty much fell for Giorno's act of saying he was 100% right that the brick snake would come back for him, narancia and mista had at least gone through near death experiences before admiring the dude, trish's monologue was weird cause, honestly, he didnt leave that hand for her, he just tossed it and hoped someon would notice it
i think you're being too literal. they arent saying that giorno planned all along to impress them in the end, they're saying that his actions had an impact on them regardless. he acts in selfless, confident ways that show how much he counts on and believes in the gang, and it inspires them to find courage and hope.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Are Trish and Mista in love or something? Not sure if it's fan-canon.
Nop, if anything they hinted more at bucci and trish imo, or even narancia, but it's so little that it makes trish shipping kinda pointless

Well, they are certainly a good duo

lc90ffqfeg521.png
The OTP of VA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
960.jpg

i think you're being too literal. they arent saying that giorno planned all along to impress them in the end, they're saying that his actions had an impact on them regardless. he acts in selfless, confident ways that show how much he counts on and believes in the gang, and it inspires them to find courage and hope.
eeeeh i'm not a fan of that kind of speech, they are kinda growing on me but still feel a bit forced somehow but might be more of a me thing than anything else...

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
eeeeh i'm not a fan of that kind of speech, hey are kinda growing on me but still feel a bit forced somehow but might be more of a me thing than anything else...
i don't know how it seems forced at all. this kind of stuff has been part of jojo forever. speedwagon talking about the nobility of the joestars after seeing jonathan fight once, okyasu deciding that josuke deserves help after he saves his life, ect. ect.

the supporting characters are constantly deeply affected by the actions of the protagonists in jojo. that's an established tradition.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i don't know how it seems forced at all. this kind of stuff has been part of jojo forever. speedwagon talking about the nobility of the joestars after seeing jonathan fight once, okyasu deciding that josuke deserves help after he saves his life, ect. ect.

the supporting characters are constantly deeply affected by the actions of the protagonists in jojo. that's an established tradition.
Yeah xD something in part 5 gets me comparing it to other anime and not so much to jojo, so it ends up bothering me a bit, it was the only gripe i had with it while reading, probably because i felt like it could do without it, instead of how it needed it before in jojo >_>

I mean some of those giorno saves were pretty clear without someone telling us why that was awesome so it felt redundant to reinforce that >_>'

I mostly see that kind of speech when the author had to say the main character did somethig cool but didn't write it well enough for them to earn it so they had to put a speech about it, and giorno doesn't need that, y'know? He does his thing well

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are Trish and Mista in love or something? Not sure if it's fan-canon.
Trish mostly has a relationship with Bruno, but to be honest it's more of a chosen dad/adopted daughter one (even though they're like 4 years apart).
Trish's quest is really to escape her father's identity and choices, so I can't see her dating anyone in the mob once everything is done. She's the Chun-li of the group.

Oct 25, 2017
:( narancia gets sadder the more you read into his background, i know it from experience

On a more personal note...I remember Abbachio's hero was Ayrton Senna, the dude died one year before VA started and he was kind of a national hero for us too >_> dude can't even have his formula 1 idols left alone smh
"Kind of?" Senna has a statue in Brazil if I remember right. I'm surprised he doesn't have a national holiday over there. That man influenced a lot of F1 careers to this day.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
"Kind of?" Senna has a statue in Brazil if I remember right. I'm surprised he doesn't have a national holiday over there. That man influenced a lot of F1 careers to this day.
That's cause formula 1 scene in brazil is kinda dead right now(and we sorta know he wasn't the greatest person) kids are too young to remember it now and i only know the dude from what my parents tell me, but yeah he's got a cartoon character, probably some statues, a charity institution in his name, all of that, fuck, the way he died was fucking tragic and it all happened because the team didn't care when he said there was something wrong with the car... i imagine my brother cried a lot when that happened, he was still a kid at the time. I still get sad because when i watched formula one we pretty much only had Rubinho and he's got a 2nd place fame, when dad said we had the champion for some good years and how he'd gone i got damn sad.

When i read that bit in abbachio's bio i actually started liking the guy a bit more, it's a very sweet little detail and made me tear up, he'd lost a hero too... and a japanese author honoring a brazilian name through an italian character in my favorite series, idk, is a big deal to me xD pretty insane

Oct 27, 2017
I'm Brazilian on my dad's side and we have a framed picture of Ayrton Senna in our house

Cool to learn that Abbacchio's hero is someone I grew up my whole life being told was a legend of the sport

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm Brazilian on my dad's side and we have a framed picture of Ayrton Senna in our house

Cool to learn that Abbacchio's hero is someone I grew up my whole life being told was a legend of the sport
Kinda breaks my heart thinking the guy was about my brother's age when that accident happened, it's some serious trauma witnessing your childhood hero go like that :/

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Y'all better not be talkin' spoilers up in here....
Just saw this artwork Araki made for the JoJo 6251 artbook, published in 1993, during Part 4 being in Shonen Jump
tumblr_o63dfwqkZM1sh11j9o1_1280.png