• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Just reading this upsets me lol
ZWteVn2_d.jpg

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm an anime only viewer who is loving this season and I avoid spoilers like the plague, but I decided to look up action figures for this season thinking small pics of future characters wouldn't spoil anything for me...
deleted
Now I'm excited!

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That backstory is some kind of nonsense, I think I would have appreciated it more if it tied a bit more into his superstitions and there was something about that scene which made him lucky.

Honestly, like all Jojo backstories are pretty whatever/straight up bad tbh. But as long they have at least one entertaining thing about them, I accept it for the most part.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
One fortunate thing about jojo spoilers is even if you know a spoiler, without the context you'll still be very confused. That's some stuff out there. You need to believe the bullshit to accept it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That was a fun, relaxing episode of JoJo. Nothing too special, but it was cool to see a new Stand, and its powers were pretty cool. The rocks being stuck there like it was a solid floor was an amazing touch. Since both have been defeated, I assume we will se the money next episode? I really hope it starts the plot going forward, cause I really don't want to see them be foot soldiers for too much longer

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Not going into spoilers but I don't expect a fight next episode.If I am right on what they are covering it's going to be very plot focused

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Not going into spoilers but I don't expect a fight next episode.If I am right on what they are covering it's going to be very plot focused
I expect the next episode to follow the same pattern that the last few have established: have mostly plot and the beginning of an enemy Stand attack in the first episode, and then have a character's backstory and the actual fight in the next episode(s).

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So um... Even knowing how both of that pair's Stands work... I'm still confused.

How did that one guy of the pair manage to vanish himself from the car in the middle of driving? - Actually, why.

One guy deflates/flattens things and the other fixes things in place relative to another object, either I'm dumb or I can't figure out how either ability assisted in one of them just completely vanishing from the car like that in the middle of driving (or why they felt the need to do so).

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So um... Even knowing how both of that pair's Stands work... I'm still confused.

How did that one guy of the pair manage to vanish himself from the car in the middle of driving? - Actually, why.

One guy deflates/flattens things and the other fixes things in place relative to another object, either I'm dumb or I can't figure out how either ability assisted in one of them just completely vanishing from the car like that in the middle of driving (or why they felt the need to do so).
The guy can deflate himself. That's how he was able to hide between the boats in the first place, and he probably squeezed between the cracks of the car door.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I liked this episode; they can't all have elaborate dance sequences. That backstory is some kind of nonsense, I think I would have appreciated it more if it tied a bit more into his superstitions and there was something about that scene which made him lucky.

They're blatantly getting Giorno out of the way for the establishing events in a way that's a bit annoying, but I guess it's for the purpose of letting the others stand out. The Crunchyroll upload is a bit messed up; what's the title of the next episode?
The backstory was hilarious. Like...Mista ran into four people who happened to have the worst aim on Earth and believes he's lucky due to this. If that's how we're supposed to read that

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this episode blew me away. AGAIN.

My favorite episode so far (though the dance is definitely the best scene of 2018). Mista continues to be best boi with his luck and pluck. Abbacchio's backstory was a lot more impactful and better produced in general, with gorgeous visuals, but I have such a soft spot for people who just want to enjoy the little things in life. When the shootout scene started I was half expecting him to just get his stand right there, out of nowhere.

It's remarkable how Araki manages to get such a simple stand concept and create the most amazing bullshit with the fights. I still hope we get more of the puzzle solving of Part 4, but if the direct confrontations are all up to this level, I won't mind if we don't.

When Giorno was looking for a car, I was already scared it would turn into Part 3 Jotaro and Mista wouldn't get his time to shine, but my boy Giorno was made for a fool with the final punchline, looooved it.

Rock climbing ftw, goddamn. And I think I'm sold on Sex Pistols now. That part about having 4 bullets was genuinely funny, I'm glad the gimmick didn't get annoying.

Vento Aureo is godlike.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't related to Part 5 in a sense but it's extremely intresting so i thought to share it. It's a fan-project being made currently.

https://twitter.com/RicepirateMick/status/1066796777813102592

Whoa, what's the story behind that? Reminds me of my idea of figuring out rules for a Jojo's-themed tabletop RPG scenario. If would be difficult to manage for a DM, but the very specific powers would make for some crazy-ass fights and storytelling with friends. I've been thinking of a lot of stands based on my favorite artists/albums/songs, haha.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Man its hard being a JoJo fan, have loads of friends that love anime but not a single one has seen JoJo or expressed much interest, stuck gushing about it online.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo was always a niche series in the US but I'm glad it's gaining in popularity.

I know this brings with it a lot of problematic fan types (like Part 2 stans) but it's for the better if the series makes more money and keeps going.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I mean JoJo is still huge compared to most anime especially recently. It's not really niche anymore in English speaking countries

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I'm happy it's finally getting the success it deserves in the West. It's been a pleasure reading new fans thoughts on each episode as it airs and sharing in some of the delicious JoJo memes.

I gave up trying to get one of my friends into the manga over a decade ago and he always dismissed the anime - then out of the blue a few nights ago he messaged me on Steam saying he was halfway through Stardust Crusaders and having a blast.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
JoJo does totally deserve mainstream popularity tbqh

Whoops...I left on the Japanese setting on my keyboard for a second there but I kinda like how that looks, lol

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Jojo definitely is getting it's fair recognition at last. Helps that everyone the community is always spamming Jojo memes :P