• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I am not ready to be without JoJo anime, I'm kinda new to the series and only recently caught up what's the expected wait times between each part?

Part 1 and 2 are part of the same season, there was no break in between. Between 2 and 3, there was a one year break. Between 3 and 4, 9 months. Between 4 and 5, a Year and 9 month.

But the thing is, we can't know. There is even the possibility that the rest won't be adapted (because Part 6 will have a copyright issue and Part 7 won't be able to be animated at the same rate as the other parts, Part 8 has no problems though)

Realistically, I think we could expect Part 6 for Fall 2020, that would be a year and 3 month of break. Part 7 will take way longer.

It's the longest part, and by far the hardest to turn into an anime. Assuming Part 6 ends in Spring 2021, I don't see 7 before 2023, and it might run for 48 episodes. And so the best solution would be to take a break in the middle of the part, which would push part 7's end to 2025. Then, Part 8 in 2026-2027. By then, Part 9 will probably have started and ended. And if it is indeed the final jojo part, then the jojo anime could end forever in 2029.

TL;DR Around 10 years of Jojo anime to go !

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I suspect that the wait between Part 5/6 will be a year/half of a year
Agreed, it's not a case like part 5 where the part was unusually unpopular in some regions so you need a lot of effort to make it the most amazing thing(i think) and pre production can be done a bit faster...I expect a 2 year break before sbr though...

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Part 6 is kinda unpopular with Japan so it may get the DIU QUALITY treatement with some of it's episodes sadly. I don't expect it in terms of animation quality to be as good as Part 5 but that's here nor there.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
They dont need to spend as much as part 5 on pre production since a good chunk it happens in the same location

How popular is 7 in japan compared to 6 anyway? I understand why it is famous in the west(well mostly america) but idk whats the jump from shonen to seinen in numbers

It'd be a shame if 6 got a bad production, i wished they'd do some fixes to the part like part 5 got with the pacing...

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Eh the earlier eps is kinda rough. Regardless David Pro is expanding project like crazy this year. I think they have 3 or 4 upcoming title. If their show looks more inconsistent or something you shouldnt read deeper than making anime is hard for reasòn.
There's no reason to cheap out on stone ocean and i hope y'all know why...
They'll probably cut some stuff and work with the know how part 5 gave them

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the responses everyone basically I'm looking at roughly a year at least between the end of part 5 and part 6

Might have to pick up the manga during that time

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
A considerable amount of the end of the second cour/beginning of third cour was outsourced which is why DIU looked so inconsistent during that period

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
What if the final episode(s) have a messed up opening like DiU and it's this?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
PV Image 1:

D1mCVn5UYAATwKh.jpg:large

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I spoiled myself, from here we can now play "guess which lyrics will still be english in the main version?"

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I like the stuff later on into the extended version of the song better than what's obviously going to be used during the opening.

They continue the trend of borrowing the feel of Bond openings, which I'm not complaining about. I wonder if we're also going to see a lot of Bond-like imagery in the animation like Fighting Gold...

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else think its a duet between Bruno and Giorno

"My fears gone after i've betrayed my god"
"only rage in my faithless world since i've betrayed my god"

Those lyrics make no sense with Giorno but make perfect sense with Bruno

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
wow I can't believe the new song has ruined JoJos forever

I haven't listened to it, i'm waiting for the episode

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Chase would've been a great OP for something like FMA. I love it, anyway.

I'll hold off from listening to the new OP until the episode airs. I am encouraged from some of the comments, though.