• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Great episodes, that was tense as fuck and I love how Giorno gave Narancia jut enough help to Narancia so he could be an absolute badass.

I knew it would end up like this but it sucks Araki didn't aknowledge Tiziano's and Squalo's relationship. Everyone knows they fuck.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Great episodes, that was tense as fuck and I love how Giorno gave Narancia jut enough help to Narancia so he could be an absolute badass.

I knew it would end up like this but it sucks Araki didn't aknowledge Tiziano's and Squalo's relationship. Everyone knows they fuck.
Shonen Jump would straight up not allow that to happen sadly.

Araki is definitely for LGBT relationships though

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Araki totally did, 1995/9 shonen jump was shit and didn't let him do much though. Even sorbet and gelato were pretty vaguely implied there, while the anime just made clear what was going on. In Tiziano and Squalo's case, he just drew the most he could to imply they are a couple without having to write that caus SJ would veto it, then anime added some more clues cause people are dense af

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'mma come out and say it.

It looks like Sticky Fingers is about to fellate King Crimson in the outro. I can't unsee it, now y'all can't either.

mrhoTUz.png

tenor.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is episode was actually kinda terrible, basically a visual novel. A garbage one. Felt like this episode was nothing but the two villains essentially statically narrating and explaining every single move and action. JoJo is currently probably the worst it has ever been. At least for me.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Araki totally did, 1995/9 shonen jump was shit and didn't let him do much though. Even sorbet and gelato were pretty vaguely implied there, while the anime just made clear what was going on. In Tiziano and Squalo's case, he just drew the most he could to imply they are a couple without having to write that caus SJ would veto it, then anime added some more clues cause people are dense af
Yeah I assume that Araki knows they are gay but couldn't say it in Jump because of SJ would not allow it

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
So what the hell happened to fugo? I really hope he show up in the future and that was not his last appearance, his stand is just too cool.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So what the hell happened to fugo? I really hope he show up in the future and that was not his last appearance, his stand is just too cool.

That was his last appearance in the manga outside of flashbacks. Apparently Araki planned to make him face the team later, but thought that was too dark and just dropped him. There is a novel that apparently explains what happened to him afterwards, but it's very unlikely the anime will adapt any of that, aside from maybe an appearance in the series epilogue.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Well that just stupid and weird, especially after the build up in the first half with all the childhood stories and such, it gave me the feeling that they will all make it to the last big fight.

Oct 26, 2017
UGH. I kinda wish you guys didn't say anything. Now I'm upset that there's yet another dropped plot thread in yet another JoJo part.

Yeah I assume that Araki knows they are gay but couldn't say it in Jump because of SJ would not allow it
Was the line about Sorbet and Gelato being lovers added to the anime?
Either way, it's surprisingly progressive for a manga in the1990s. I appreciated that Araki made Squalo and Tiziano non-stereotypical and even sympathetic near the end.

Oct 25, 2017
people are doing manga spoilers again? really? ugh.

--
tumblr_pos9b738op1v1hotuo1_540.gif

Squalo is definitely my 2nd favorite design in this after Narancia, everything about his character outfit and personality was pretty awesome and I loved how at the end he just felt so strongly for tizano he was like, screw following orders Imma make you pay for hurting my boyfriend. Also Crush is really cool too.

So glad the writer didnt go for a kind of double death type of thing and make Narancia and Squalo die simultaneously. All that blood and the neck and all had me scared for a moment there.

Writer really does put his all into Narancia fights. And also, unlike last time, you do find yourself kind of caring for these two this time and hoping they get away from Narancia. Something about their characters just makes them easily antagonists you wanna support.

Only dumb part was Mista just shooting in the kitchen and no one realizing it smelt like gas. Gas smells so powerfully you should instantly be able to tell. Dont know how he realized it only afterwards and put the blame on Narancia as if no one else had a working nose. Even Narancia noticed the smell immediately when he was in there and stopped himself from shooting.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
people are doing manga spoilers again? really? ugh.

--
tumblr_pos9b738op1v1hotuo1_540.gif

Squalo is definitely my 2nd favorite design in this after Narancia, everything about his character outfit and personality was pretty awesome and I loved how at the end he just felt so strongly for tizano he was like, screw following orders Imma make you pay for hurting my boyfriend. Also Crush is really cool too.

So glad the writer didnt go for a kind of double death type of thing and make Narancia and Squalo die simultaneously. All that blood and the neck and all had me scared for a moment there.

Writer really does put his all into Narancia fights. And also, unlike last time, you do find yourself kind of caring for these two this time and hoping they get away from Narancia. Something about their characters just makes them easily antagonists you wanna support.

Only dumb part was Mista just shooting in the kitchen and no one realizing it smelt like gas. Gas smells so powerfully you should instantly be able to tell. Dont know how he realized it only afterwards and put the blame on Narancia as if no one else had a working nose. Even Narancia noticed the smell immediately when he was in there and stopped himself from shooting.

It's Clash, though Crush isn't a bad name for a Stand. And yeah Mista is dumb and Squalo saying "fuck the boss" and just wanting revenge for Tiziano was cool. I actually felt bad for them.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
That was his last appearance in the manga outside of flashbacks. Apparently Araki planned to make him face the team later, but thought that was too dark and just dropped him. There is a novel that apparently explains what happened to him afterwards, but it's very unlikely the anime will adapt any of that, aside from maybe an appearance in the series epilogue.

-Jojo
-"Too dark"

Ok...

That's lame as hell, we only ever saw his Stand once.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Well that just stupid and weird, especially after the build up in the first half with all the childhood stories and such, it gave me the feeling that they will all make it to the last big fight.

That flashback actually wasn't in the manga. It's a David Pro original. All we get for Fugo's backstory (before that spin-off novel) was Iluso listing off that information he knows about Fugo during their fight.

EDIT: I've been thinking about it quite a bit, and I think a big reason why we don't see a lot of Fugo and Purple Haze, despite PH's design being bad-ass, is because of the binary nature of PH's ability. By that, I mean the virus can only really do two things: it works and kills enemies automatically, or it doesn't work (like in instances of extreme temperatures or the enemy is too far away) and Purple Haze is functionally just another punch ghost. Once the virus infects, the fight's just over. The Man in the Mirror ability seemed specifically designed as a scenario to get around this and have the virus lead to injury rather than death, but it's hard to think of another scenario you could have where the virus doesn't automatically finish off a foe. Purple Haze pretty much can only do finishing moves, which means you can only have it be effective at the end of a battle, which severely limits its uses from a writing standpoint.

Also, keep in mind that Iluso's death at the hands of Purple Haze is DISGUSTING in the manga, and they really toned it down in the adaptation. Perhaps Shonen Jump (or Araki himself) wasn't too keen on having people's flesh melt and explode every few chapters, as well.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great episode.
Narancia's stand battles went from "cool" to "awesome" compared to the manga with this adaptation. Can't wait for BIG, will be one of the best stand battles ever.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I already spoiled everyone in the thread about Risotto's blunt-rolling stand and the big picnic they're going to have coming up, and no one got upset about that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Fugo thing is out if the bag I hoped no one spoiled until the end mostly so people can anticipate for nothing

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Fugo's stand is incredibly circumstantial and a bit broken. I think his ability would work better for an antagonist. In fact the one time he did use his stand, its ability was more threatening to Giorno than Man in the Mirror

I didn't know that was just it for Fugo but I guess it's better knowing that than wondering how he comes back into the story

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fugo's stand is incredibly circumstantial and a bit broken. I think his ability would work better for an antagonist. In fact the one time he did use his stand, its ability was more threatening to Giorno than Man in the Mirror

I didn't know that was just it for Fugo but I guess it's better knowing that than wondering how he comes back into the story
Problem is, anime can always add some scenes, we don't really know if that's it for Fugo in the anime, as it was in the manga, thus saying anything about the matter was just awful >_>
They added a lot of small bits with him through the season so it's not impossible

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with a manga as old as JoJo which only got big a few years ago is that there's so many spoilers to cover and not everyone is restrained enough to keep it to themselves.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Problem is, anime can always add some scenes, we don't really know if that's it for Fugo in the anime, as it was in the manga, thus saying anything about the matter was just awful >_>
They added a lot of small bits with him through the season so it's not impossible

I was actually just thinking about that myself...it would be crazy, but David Pro has already added in several original scenes that fit in really well. Would they be crazy enough to do it...?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I was actually just thinking about that myself...it would be crazy, but David Pro has already added in several original scenes that fit in really well. Would they be crazy enough to do it...?
Hell yes, they made him a background story, don't think it would be much but im hoping for something

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I think its real funny how Fugo is like "im not going with you guys", the anime shows this and its still a spoiler that hes not coming back.
Not complaining, just made me chuckle

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
is the fugo thing really a spoiler when youre only mentioning how his apparently exit from the show was indeed his exit from the show
just a cursory wikipedia search shows hte existence of purple haze feedback which may or may not be canon

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
You guys seriously trying to justify spoiling Fugo? Like wow, how silly of us to think one of the main cast could possibly reappear later in the show.

What an embarrassing scramble to justify not being able to control yourselves.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just fucking annoying. I read jojos like 6 years ago and it's still fucking annoying. Don't ruin a show for people just because you read the book first. Just post about in the manga thread if you can't control yourself.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Ah yes, obviously I'm going to look at a wikipedia page for a series I'm watching and do not want any spoilers, because we all know these wikis never spoil anything that happens after the current anime episode

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
You guys seriously trying to justify spoiling Fugo? Like wow, how silly of us to think one of the main cast could possibly reappear later in the show.

What an embarrassing scramble to justify not being able to control yourselves.
This is spoiler culture at it's most absurd.