• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
now that Diavolo has finally been shown i can post his intro from ASB

dk6MiaY.gif

and man has it really been 4 years since part 3 was nearing it's ending in the anime

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hanged Man came to mind, but I guess the reasoning for not with Hanged Man is that Pol didn't really benefit from it, he killed the man responsible for what happened to his sister but she's not coming back and his quest for revenge cost him a dear friend, which added even more burden to him.
The judgement in tarot is the last card before the world, it simbolizes the last trial before meeting god or smt like this, it had to be the judgement, for what this moment meant

Oct 25, 2017
Is the the Divalvo turning into Doppio stuff going to be explained or nah? Lol
It was explained already unless you forgot or haven't been paying attention. Diavalo and Doppio share the same body, it's just that they aren't built the same way so Doppio is shorter and less muscular so when he goes into Diavolo he looks like taller, more swole gothed out Doppio. There is a little more that gets explained a little later I think but this is the bulk of it. Also the guy has Schizophrenia. If you want more details watch the Broken Mind video that posted earlier.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
It was explained already unless you forgot or haven't been paying attention. Diavalo and Doppio share the same body, it's just that they aren't built the same way so Doppio is shorter and less muscular so when he goes into Diavolo he looks like taller, more swole gothed out Doppio. There is a little more that gets explained a little later I think but this is the bulk of it. Also the guy has Schizophrenia. If you want more details watch the Broken Mind video that posted earlier.
No, I get the theory behind it. I mean, is it going to be explained how he achieved that? Was he just born that way? Is it another stand ability?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Mercer is Leeorio.
Perfection, in one phrase
No, I get the theory behind it. I mean, is it going to be explained how he achieved that? Was he just born that way? Is it another stand ability?
my take is that he was so afraid of being caught he developed Doppio as a defense mechanism, but anime is pushing the born this way/possession approach pretty hard... it would be fun if he's literally a devil considering the circumstances of his birth

Moara

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Mercer is really good as Leorio too. Very different voice compared to his normal range.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I just assumed when he pulls his shirt off his secret make-up and hair squad swoops in with their fashion stands but he erases that time so no one else steals his swag.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about Diavolo's design except those weird spots of green in his hair. What the fuck are those, when did he get those, Doppio didn't have those.

.....what the fuck is happening in this picture
In universe answer: Doppio goes through physical changes when he transforms to the boss so presumably he had those tattoos and make up as Diovolo but loses them as Doppio

Real answer: He uses king Crimson speed to quickly apply make up and hair product and then erases the time

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to freek Diavolo is not recommended. It's over before you even know it.

Only the results remain.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So, I have a question. If the events during the time skip don't happen, how did Diavolo splash blood on Pol's face?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
its just so perfect how his first instinct when revealing himself is that his boob window turtleneck isnt hot enough, so he needs to take that off and reveal his fuckin bdsm strap tank top. probably the actually most overtly horny jojo villian design yet

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i kind of like how this episode characterizes the trade-off of part 3 stands: despite not having "powers", silver chariot's base physical ability is to move much faster than probably any of the stands in this part. part 3 "physical" stands are objectively stronger in that respect. yet obviously having bullshit up your sleeve is often going to beat out pure strength/speed

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

In that case why wait until after the time skip to punch holes in people? Just do it during the time skip. That move seemed more like time stop to me. Maybe it's because of the adaption from manga to anime.

i kind of like how this episode characterizes the trade-off of part 3 stands: despite not having "powers", silver chariot's base physical ability is to move much faster than probably any of the stands in this part. part 3 "physical" stands are objectively stronger in that respect. yet obviously having bullshit up your sleeve is often going to beat out pure strength/speed

Well, I guess it's ability is armor off but he rarely uses it.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Which is my main issue. He could Splash Pol's eye with blood which is directly interacting with another person during time skip. Seems like that action broke the rule to me.
Polnareff's own blood trick he used to gauge when KC activated wouldn't have worked, according to established, internal logic. The blood droplets that fell during time skip would've gone through his leg and wheelchair just like Aerosmith's bullets through Diavolo.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Which is my main issue. He could Splash Pol's eye with blood which is directly interacting with another person during time skip. Seems like that action broke the rule to me.
it's hard to say but i think the intent is that they don't hit his eyes until the time skip stops which means he didn't "attack" him during it

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Polnareff's own blood trick he used to gauge when KC activated wouldn't have worked, according to established, internal logic. The blood droplets that fell during time skip would've gone through his leg and wheelchair just like Aerosmith's bullets through Diavolo.
No, things would only go through Diavolo, because he's freed from the events of the predictions. For everyone else, things end up the same as they normally would.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

That's not what happened, though. The droplets fell, but Diavolo used the blood from the wound he sustained to cover Pol's eye in order to prevent him from seeing how many droplets fell.

King Crimson

It just works okay

But they told me it would make more sense now!

it's hard to say but i think the intent is that they don't hit his eyes until the time skip stops which means he didn't "attack" him during it

Nah, his eye (and eyepatch thing) got splashed.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019

No... That's not what would've happened at all.

When kc activates everything suddenly teleports to the position they were supposed to be in 10 seconds into the future. The bullets would have pierced diavolo and then hit risotto if time wasn't erased. That's why they teleported inside risotto. If time was progressing normally the blood drops would just drop on polnareff's lap and still be there in the future so when time is skipped they just teleport on polnareff. Why exactly do you think the blood would go through him???

Last edited: