• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Which is my main issue. He could Splash Pol's eye with blood which is directly interacting with another person during time skip. Seems like that action broke the rule to me.

He just changes the position of the blood. He doesnt attack polnareff when he throws blood on him. Polnareff only gets affected by the blood on his eyes when time erasure ends. If diavolo donuted polpol during time erasure and still kept his hand inside him when time returned polnareff would still die

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
After heading the discussion on Jotaro vs Diavolo i think Dio vs Diavolo would be fun to see but not as something like a DEATH BATTLE. Maybe a DBX?

JoJo.no.Kimyou.na.Bouken.full.704041.jpg

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I can't believe there's only six episodes left, this part went by so fast but I guess that's a testiment to how good it was. Not a hint of filler.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
He just changes the position of the blood. He doesnt attack polnareff when he throws blood on him. Polnareff only gets affected by the blood on his eyes when time erasure ends. If diavolo donuted polpol during time erasure and still kept his hand inside him when time returned polnareff would still die

Which is kinda my point. Why wait for time skip to end before striking when he can just shove King Crimson's fist inside Pol in the middle of it?

in the manga you can kinda see that the blood droplets are not on his eyes
8PAPbf2.png

so yeah it just might be the anime messing up a bit in not showing it the best

Yeah, here they're just hovering, but it still feels a bit too much like time stop.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i think the answer is either that since he is unbound from causality as the vector of erased time he cant act on outside objects other than moving them, or he simply was too far away to get all the way up to polnareff in five seconds.

-
armor off is an extension of "move and attack really fast", though, and for that simplicity it's rewarded by being S-tier as far as stand movement and piercing power is concerned.

edit: this was meant to be in reply to Neo0mj. after thinking about it the only possible answer is he's either out of range or using time to manuver to a safer angle of attack that will circumvent any reflex-based reactions to unerased time resuming. he proves he can attack while in erased time when he cuts off trish's hand.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If you stab someone in erased time the stabbing will be erased cause you can't affect bodies, if you squeeze a bunch of pepper in front of them though, you're technically not hurting them and the pepper will stay there, so they'll sneeze when time resumes. I'd set the boundaries in whether you pierce through the body or not, the blood droplets are on polnaleff's "surface" so it's fair game, if he poked pol's eyes instead, it would do nothing cause people in stopped time are just like adamantium statues: you can't hurt them at all

That's the best analogy i could think of.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you stab someone in erased time the stabbing will be erased cause you can't affect bodies, if you squeeze a bunch of pepper in front of them though, you're technically not hurting them and the pepper will stay there, so they'll sneeze when time resumes. I'd set the boundaries in whether you pierce through the body or not, the blood droplets are on polnaleff's "surface" so it's fair game, if he poked pol's eyes instead, it would do nothing cause people in stopped time are just like adamantium statues: you can't hurt them at all

That's the best analogy i could think of.
So, I think this had been talked about before, but then was dismembering the fortune teller's hand during the erased time an inconsistency, then?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So, I think this had been talked about before, but then was dismembering the fortune teller's hand during the erased time an inconsistency, then?
No, he dealt the blow in normal time and skipped a bit before the dude noticed
All sneak attacks were probably done this way.
skip (move) > cut > skip > NANI?!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
No, he dealt the blow in normal time and skipped a bit before the dude noticed
All sneak attacks were probably done this way.
skip (move) > cut > skip > NANI?!
this is a fair explanation and seems to make sense since his ability to repeatedly use his power is why he's explicitly called out as invincible. (and why he has to be doppio in order to actually have trouble in a fight.)

however this also means that jotaro would have had even more of an advantage if he has to enter real time before striking: time that jotaro could stop. ill stop with the jotaro stuff now lol, as i said its not his story.)

regarding epitaph, ive realized its not really a different power, and his ability must rely on him choosing a segment of time to erase from what he sees in epitaph. basically epitaph is his power's video editing interface.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Which is kinda my point. Why wait for time skip to end before striking when he can just shove King Crimson's fist inside Pol in the middle of it?

Yeah, here they're just hovering, but it still feels a bit too much like time stop.

I still dont understand what you dont understand.
Diavolo throwing his blood on polnareff's eyes is no different than him taking a step or him jumping. It is just parts of his body changing position. It is actually consistent with the fact that diavolo can't hurt somebody during erased time since Polnareff is not affected by the blood on his eyes until the time flow returns to normal. He gives absolutely no reaction to the blood on his eyes until the erasure ends, same way someone punched by diavolo in erased time would give no reaction

Yes if he kept his fist inside someone when erasure ends they would die. He doesn't do that due to plot and to not make things confusing for the readers. It is more of a case of characters making dumb decisions due to plot armor than the ability itself not making sense

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I still dont understand what you dont understand.
Diavolo throwing his blood on polnareff's eyes is no different than him taking a step or him jumping. It is just parts of his body changing position. It is actually consistent with the fact that diavolo can't hurt somebody during erased time since Polnareff is not affected by the blood on his eyes until the time flow returns to normal. He gives absolutely no reaction to the blood on his eyes until the erasure ends, same way someone punched by diavolo in erased time would give no reaction

Yes if he kept his fist inside someone when erasure ends they would die. He doesn't do that due to plot and to not make things confusing for the readers. It is more of a case of characters making dumb decisions due to plot armor than the ability itself not making sense

I guess I always thought that to differentiate between time stop and time skip KC couldn't really do much during the skipped time other than move around, what happened before the ability activates happens but he can skip certain parts of it. Right now it just comes off as a more busted The World.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
When has this been stated? I really can't remember
Diavolo can't be hurt in erased time and diavolo himself also can't hurt anybody during erased time. It was never stated that other people cant get damaged
From the manga:
"When activated, no humans of life in the world will experience this period of time"

If you get killed during erased time you won't experience death. I don't remember how the anime handles that though, but it would be pretty dumb not killing people during the erased time if that was a possibility. Boss has to rely on sneak attacks and blinding people with blood drops instead.

By that definition I'd guess if someone were to die in thetime Diavolo skips they would cheat death, but let's not overcomplicate things

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
From the manga:
"When activated, no humans of life in the world will experience this period of time"

If you get killed during erased time you won't experience death. I don't remember how the anime handles that though, but it would be pretty dumb not killing people during the erased time if that was a possibility. Boss has to rely on sneak attacks and blinding people with blood drops instead.

By that definition I'd guess if someone were to die in thetime Diavolo skips they would cheat death, but let's not overcomplicate things
Damn

I think this wasn't said in the anime cause iirc we had a couple theories of "maybe Bucci didn't die because KC skipped his death? Would thar work?" But it was quickly dropped like "nah that can't be it"

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Something I didn't like from last episode, it felt like KC (without Epitaph at least) is just The World 2.0. Specially vs Polnareff in the past.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Something I didn't like from last episode, it felt like KC (without Epitaph at least) is just The World 2.0. Specially vs Polnareff in the past.

even after reading the thread and the explanation in the thread KC has only been The World 2.0 for me, brain not big enough for this shit. still liking everything this season

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Damn

I think this wasn't said in the anime cause iirc we had a couple theories of "maybe Bucci didn't die because KC skipped his death? Would thar work?" But it was quickly dropped like "nah that can't be it"
Rightfully so, cause he was bleeding out to death in unskipped time xD

even after reading the thread and the explanation in the thread KC has only been The World 2.0 for me, brain not big enough for this shit. still liking everything this season
It's because it's only 10 seconds, but imagine deleting time from history forever... The World can stop things but it can't remove the present from reality, like KC does. It's like someone could delete "Monday" from the calendar, and no one would notice unless they paid attention. No one would control their actions on said monday or be able to choose anything beyond whatever they'd do in "auto mode"... it's such a big brain concept it frightens me lol

It's like watching "click" but everything he did in the time he skipped a chapter was deleted from the movie and the dude won't know how he won 100 pounds or smt and the footage was lost forever lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i mean i think it's inevitable for different flavors of time manipulation to seem kind of similar, but the fact that he cant attack or be attacked while using it and can see the future (preventing himself from, for example, being stabbed through the head by pol like dio was) differentiates it enough for me. i feel like the polnareff encounter was intended to bring The World to mind, i bet the actual fight will end up being much different. the details and quirks this power has makes it more interesting at least for me

Tobe

Oct 25, 2017
i know this is kind of a random question but what would happen if aizen fights diavolo/kc? would he see aizen future? the hypnosis? why did i even ask this?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Rightfully so, cause he was bleeding out to death in unskipped time xD

It's because it's only 10 seconds, but imagine deleting time from history forever... The World can stop things but it can't remove the present from reality, like KC does. It's like someone could delete "Monday" from the calendar, and no one would notice unless they paid attention. No one would control their actions on said monday or be able to choose anything beyond whatever they'd do in "auto mode"... it's such a big brain concept it frightens me lol

It's like watching "click" but everything he did in the time he skipped a chapter was deleted from the movie and the dude won't know how he won 100 pounds or smt and the footage was lost forever lol
I feel like the "auto mode" explanation makes things more confusing and complicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people still react to stuff like normal and make decisions like normal (as long as it doesn't involve Diavolo), they just don't remember it after the skip

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Unless Diavolo knew that Dio is a vampire there is no way that he's winning this.
Diavolo can phase through the dagger attacks, and flee the road roller while DIO is still screaming RO-

Idk man, maybe if DIO chilled a bit more instead of clearly calling the times Diavolo has to predict time
I feel like the "auto mode" explanation makes things more confusing and complicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people still react to stuff like normal and make decisions like normal (as long as it doesn't involve Diavolo), they just don't remember it after the skip
Yes, they don't remember anything that happened durin the skip, but their bodies move as they would.

If something got altered during the skip they wouldn't notice because they were not thinking about that, simply noticing the skip is already hard enough, thats how Diavolo always gets the element of surprise.

KC's bio says that "if someone was reading a book during erased time, they wouldn't know how far they read", it's a 10 second amnesia where people are stuck doing what they were set to do before the 10 seconds started... the bodies move but the mind's not on it y'know?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diavolo can phase through the dagger attacks, and flee the road roller while DIO is still screaming RO-

Idk man, maybe if DIO chilled a bit more instead of clearly calling the times Diavolo has to predict time
Diavolo would try to get a sneak donut in, Dio would survive because lol immortal, and then stop time. Diavolo's dead.

Diavolo can't use epitaph to see what happens in stopped time (which is when Dio sets up the daggers and drops the roadroller) so all he'd see is him being the next new menu item at Dunkin Donuts.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Diavolo would try to get a sneak donut in, Dio would survive because lol immortal, and then stop time. Diavolo's dead.

Diavolo can't use epitaph to see what happens in stopped time (which is when Dio sets up the daggers and drops the roadroller) so all he'd see is him being the next new menu item at Dunkin Donuts.
He can use epitaph the second the daggers are visible, road roller had a 3 second window to flee, too

If DIO was quiet he'd win easily, otherwise KC could beat him

He's only immortal if he got Joseph's blood though, the way he went down was pathetic and pretty easy for KC replicate if all he needs is breaking a leg :p

Last edited:

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
My general understanding of King Crimson is that I watch things happen, don't super understand them and go "it's probably fine" and roll with it.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He can use epitaph the second the daggers are visible, road roller had a 3 second window to flee, too

If DIO was quiet he'd win easily, otherwise KC could beat him

He's only immortal if he got Joseph's blood though, the way he went down was pathetic and pretty easy for KC replicate if all he needs is breaking a leg :p
You need to go back and watch the fight. Dio stopped time and he was at 7 seconds when he dropped the roadroller on Jotaro, he stopped at 9 seconds shortly after that. All of this was during stopped time which the only reason Jotaro was able to react was because of Star Platinum pulling time stop out of its ass.

That is just incorrect too, Dio has been immortal since he used the mask. He became a vampire, the only things that could defeat him would be hamon or the sun burning him. That leg punch thing I don't know what to say though, I agree it was trash. EDIT: Only thing he got out of Joseph's blood was speeding up his compatibility or whatever to Jonathan's body and stop time for longer. He was already immortal before that.

I'm not a Dio or Jotaro defender, but like I said; unless Diavolo KNEW that Dio was a vampire he has no way to defeat him. People need to remember that The World and Star Platinum are ungodly strong, fast and precise ( and it was confirmed that they are pretty much the same stand in terms of ability), while KC is pretty strong and fast as well we don't know how it would fare head to head with either of those stands in a pure brawl.

Star Platinum is fast enough to stop a bullet point blank, KC had to skip time to be able to deal with Aerosmith's shots and that shit was much farther out than the gun Jotaro held to his temple. So not only is it faster than KC if anything Dio could just stay out of KC's range, stop time, flick a dagger like a bullet and kill Diavolo like a sniper. (which is something that Jotaro would be able to do too.)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You need to go back and watch the fight. Dio stopped time and he was at 7 seconds when he dropped the roadroller on Jotaro, he stopped at 9 seconds shortly after that. All of this was during stopped time which the only reason Jotaro was able to react was because of Star Platinum pulling time stop out of its ass.

That is just incorrect too, Dio has been immortal since he used the mask. He became a vampire, the only things that could defeat him would be hamon or the sun burning him. That leg punch thing I don't know what to say though, I agree it was trash. EDIT: Only thing he got out of Joseph's blood was speeding up his compatibility or whatever to Jonathan's body and stop time for longer. He was already immortal before that.

I'm not a Dio or Jotaro defender, but like I said; unless Diavolo KNEW that Dio was a vampire he has no way to defeat him. People need to remember that The World and Star Platinum are ungodly strong, fast and precise ( and it was confirmed that they are pretty much the same stand in terms of ability), while KC is pretty strong and fast as well we don't know how it would fare head to head with either of those stands in a pure brawl.

Star Platinum is fast enough to stop a bullet point blank, KC had to skip time to be able to deal with Aerosmith's shots and that shit was much farther out than the gun Jotaro held to his temple. So not only is it faster than KC if anything Dio could just stay out of KC's range, stop time, flick a dagger like a bullet and kill Diavolo like a sniper. (which is something that Jotaro would be able to do too.)
Man, i really hate part 3's power scale :(

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
All this galaxy brain Dio/Jotaro vs KC time mumbo jumbo means it's time for the next question

What if Diavolo triggered Bites the Dust, can you erase the result of being sent back through time? I'm sure epitaph could see himself exploding but how do you see being time looped.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That leg punch thing I don't know what to say though, I agree it was trash.

Just wanted to reply to this one point, but what I always got out of this was that DIO and The World were kind of "out of sync" because DIO's vampiric regeneration allowed his body to just keep coming back but his spirit wasn't able to do the same thing.

I dunno, that's all I got for that.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to reply to this one point, but what I always got out of this was that DIO and The World were kind of "out of sync" because DIO's vampiric regeneration allowed his body to just keep coming back but his spirit wasn't able to do the same thing.

I dunno, that's all I got for that.
Probably the best explanation for it.

If you didnt say that one would think you're a part 3 stan by that DIO talk lol

I'd really want diavolo to win that showdown just cause he does his job
I don't think Dio is the best Jojo villain and I rank Jotaro as the worst Jojo, but I just can't ignore the fact that they are stupidly overpowered, no matter how much I want to. Defeating Dio was a matter of getting extremely lucky because Jotaro naturally pulled time stop out of his ass. Otherwise there really isn't much in a way to defeat him unless Araki had made Joseph less useless in part 3. Of course as the series went on, more stand users would definitely be able to stand a chance or outright kill him but that's another topic altogether and it would be full of spoilers.

I get that, and I would like Kira to be able to win against Dio, but I doubt he could too. Kira's bombs detonate everything down to a molecular level IIRC, so to me, that sounds like it should be able to beat Dio if he got cocky and let KQ get a single touch on him. But the question remains: would he be able to touch Dio and turn him into a bomb? Would the detonation be fast enough to destroy all of Dio's body before he could stop time and cut off whatever was exploding to try and save himself? Would he be able to regen from that shit? We don't know but I doubt that Kira would be able to win regardless.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly certain a fight between Diavolo and Jotaro or Dio would depend on who triggers their ability first. Because, the way I see it from what we know about King Crimson, it erases time, but that only applies to time that occurs after it is activated. If Jotaro or Dio were to trigger a time stop before Diavolo can activate King Crimson's ability, he can't trigger it in stopped time (because as far as we know, he can't perceive stopped time, unlike Jotaro or Dio, who have it as a necessary secondary ability in order to even use The World in the first place), therefore he is completely vulnerable. Jotaro would just break his limbs and retreat out of King Crimson's melee range, whereas Dio could either knife him to death outside of King Crimson's range or donut Diavolo outright.

Also, extra wrinkle in this discussion - consider the potential scenario where Dio wins in Part 3. His ability to stop time would've extended beyond ten seconds, possibly to the point where he can stop time indefinitely, as he himself speculated, meaning he could out-time Diavolo if a fight between them ever occurred by triggering The World at a point where he knows King Crimson's ability isn't active. That, and vampire powers make it so he can regenerate his wounds, meaning if Diavolo doesn't kill him right off the bat, he is screwed, because Dio will be like "oh, this guy can do some weird shit with time too, I better put a stop to that."

Of course, I should note that we don't know if the time elapsed during time stop is counted as part of the time skip. Assuming it does, that still means Jotaro/Dio can essentially nullify a good chunk of the time skip at least and make it significantly less effective, allowing them to more easily overwhelm Diavolo with their stands, which are basically the strongest known stands in terms of overwhelming close-quarters capability.

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing though, even if KC activates before Dio can stop time, if he doesn't know that donutting Dio won't kill him, which by all accounts he probably wouldn't, then Dio just turns around stops time and kills him. Hell he could just counter donut KC on the spot.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing though, even if KC activates before Dio can stop time, if he doesn't know that donutting Dio won't kill him, which by all accounts he probably wouldn't, then Dio just turns around stops time and kills him. Hell he could just counter donut KC on the spot.
Well, yes, that's the point I made - if Diavolo doesn't just straight up decapitate Dio or something, he immediately loses his element of surprise and ends up on the other side of the donutting.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
There's also the fact that The World and Star Platinum are extremely fast. They could very well react in time to punch the shit out of KC right after a time skip, since he never seems to attack people during a timeskip – he gets behind them and donuts them most of the time. He's extremely strong physically, but hasn't really shown speed on par with TW/SP. Also, KC can see the future and then erase it... But can be see past the 10 seconds he will have erased? If not then he's got no way to know his enemy could wreck him right after a time skip.

Silver Chariot also managed to cut his arm open and TW/SP are more powerful and faster.

I think it'd be a competitive matchup.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Silver Chariot managing to get a hit on, even after time skip, shows that Jotaro or DIO could win easily, because they really only need one good hit.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Silver Chariot managing to get a hit on, even after time skip, shows that Jotaro or DIO could win easily, because they really only need one good hit.

Well the difference is Polnareff knows KC ability coz it fucked him up the first time and he lived, but Jotaro is much smarter than Polnareff so maybe he could figure it out even if he didn't know?

Idk I don't think the answer is simple either way