• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
I feel like the "auto mode" explanation makes things more confusing and complicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people still react to stuff like normal and make decisions like normal (as long as it doesn't involve Diavolo), they just don't remember it after the skip

Outside of diavolo everyone just does whatever the prediction in epitaph showed. When Diavolo dodged Bruno's attack in erased time he still continued punching the place where diavolo was supposed to be and gave no reaction to diavolo just casually chilling behind him.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure, yes.

Don't know where you got that it sees things non-linear, King crimson sees all actions in time skip as if time had never been skipped, so it's like it watches a liveaction powerpoint and then it can choose where to jump back in. The thing is that time stop mitigates that since Dio's actions during time stop are outside of time, thus outside what Diavolo would be able to perceive. Only Jotaro was able to see what happened during time stop because he had the same ability. Diavolo's fundamentally different ability only sees time as it flows normally but allows him to jump forward in between points. Dio shouting for time to stop still wouldn't allow Diavolo to see what he does in stopped time, his perception would only be of dio teleporting somewhere else but can't see how he got there.

Speed is irrelevant during skipped time because Diavolo can only inflict harm once time has resumed to normal and KC would definitely not be able to outspeed The World, and even if he somehow did outspeed it, Dio is still conventionally immortal and thus Diavolo's attack, unless he went for decapitation which we have never seen him try to do, wouldn't be enough to incapacitate Dio for long, so he'd die in the next second.

Against Jotaro Diavolo has a better chance since if Jotaro gets sneak attacked the best he could do is try to take Diavolo down with him.
The entire premise of Epitaph is seeing the future while the premise of King Crimson is seeing the future merged with the present during a period of time where causality is locked in for everyone else but him. If he can see himself getting donutted by Dio in the next few seconds and activates his ability in a way that has The World activating during KC then he becomes immune to The World. Even if he can't see during time stop Diavolo will still know the result... Dios actions being locked in regardless giving Diavolo the freedom to avoid his attacks just as readily as he avoids anyone else.

While arguments can be made on who is more powerful (Dio is physically stronger and more durable than Diavolo and while I think KC's punch ghost hits harder it moves slower than the world in real time) when it come to defense I think Diavolo's ability to see the future and gain sole awareness and control over causality has the advantage over time stop.

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diavolo doesn't need to see what happens inside time stop. Just seeing that he will die in the next 10 seconds is enough for him to activate time erasure which not only erases the act of him dying but also gives him a free hit on his enemy. After time is erased he just moves at a different direction than the epitaph prediction and waits for dio to stop time and punch the empty space where diavolo was originally supposed to be. After that he will just postion himself behind him and wait for time erasure to end

Your claim that the world is stronger/faster is totally baseless since both stands rank A in speed/power. Even if it was slower diavolo can still sneak up behind his enemy in erased time and time his attack so that he will kill his enemy pretty much the instant erasure ends. This is what he did with both bruno and polnareff. He started his attack right before erasure ends so that his attack lands at pretty much the milisecond erasure ends

Yeah his regeneration would most likely give dio the win but just stand wise kc is stronger

Yes I know all of this, the thing is that we are talking about The World/Star Platinum and not some random enemy but Dio.

The comparison was not baseless, as I've said before Star Platinum and The World are basically the same stand aesthetics aside. Star Platinum is fast enough to stop a bullet fired point blank, so by that logic so can The World. KC had to skip time to dodge Aerosmith's bullets even though it was firing from a good amount farther away. Regardless, even if KC is tied with or faster than The World Dio is basically immortal, so unless Diavolo knew to try and decapitate or attempt some more extreme form of hit on Dio to incapacitate him until morning, all that would happen is that Dio would have a hole in his stomach and Diavolo would be dead.

The entire premise of Epitaph is seeing the future while the premise of King Crimson is seeing the future merged with the present during a period of time where causality is locked in for everyone else but him. If he can see himself getting donutted by Dio in the next few seconds and activates his ability in a way that has The World activating during KC then he becomes immune to The World. Even if he can't see during time stop Diavolo will still know the result... Dios actions being locked in regardless giving Diavolo the freedom to avoid his attacks just as readily as he avoids anyone else.

While arguments can be made on who is more powerful (Dio is physically stronger and more durable than Diavolo and while I think KC's punch ghost hits harder it moves slower than the world in real time) when it come to defense I think Diavolo's ability to see the future and gain sole awareness and control over causality has the advantage over time stop.
The thing you keep going on is the fact that Diavolo wouldn't be at the position Dio thinks he is when time skip is done, and my argument is that it doesn't matter. Dio wins because he's a vampire. It's not even about time stop, it's about the fact that he's virtually immortal. Dude kept talking after being cut in half by a hamon infused sword. Diavolo doesn't know that Dio is a vampire, thus no matter how he tried to avoid it, dude ends up dead if he tries to attack Dio directly.

People need to understand that Dio wins, not really because of time stop, but because the fucker is in a sense immune to KC's usual kill method.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Diavolo can see the future and erase undesirable outcomes to his body and we've never seen a hole in this defense. Not sure why you refuse to internalize this.

An arguement can be made for his irrational desire to keep his identity hidden through Doppio holding him back but once Diavolo is out in full like during the Bruno fight we haven't seen any downsides to KC's defensive capability.

Also "Because he's a vampire" is an insufficient argument. Being a vampire didn't stop literally every vampire we've been introduced to from dying... including in fights that didn't feature hamon energy as well as fights where the opposition didn't know about vampires. As a punch ghost KC is strong af and if Dio does his arrogance thing and lets KC punch The World to gauge its strength he could shatter right then and there and with good timing the Sun could come out soon after.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
KC had to skip time to dodge Aerosmith's bullets even though it was firing from a good amount farther away.

But diavolo didnt even try to dodge the bullets. He just activated king crimson and erased the timeframe where the bullets went through him. We never saw how king crimson's speed compares to bullets. All we know is that both it and the world are ranked A in power/speed.

Also its pretty questionable to use a feat from the 1st chapter of stardust crusaders considering at that same chapter Star Platinum somehow brings lots of random stuff inside jotaro's cell which contradicts the reveal of his stand's range being 2 meters.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diavolo can see the future and erase undesirable outcomes to his body and we've never seen a hole in this defense. Not sure why you refuse to internalize this.

An arguement can be made for his irrational desire to keep his identity hidden through Doppio holding him back but once Diavolo is out in full like during the Bruno fight we haven't seen any downsides to KC's defensive capability.

Also "Because he's a vampire" is an insufficient argument. Being a vampire didn't stop literally every vampire we've been introduced to from dying... including in fights that didn't feature hamon energy as well as fights where the opposition didn't know about vampires. As a punch ghost KC is strong af and if Dio does his arrogance thing and lets KC punch The World to gauge its strength he could shatter right then and there and with good timing the Sun could come out soon after.
You refuse to listen that all that you said is pointless in the face of an immortal enemy. Hell, Diavolo got cocky and thought Polnareff was dead and look what happened, same with Bruno. You think he'll keep going with Epitaph after he tries to donut Dio? Of course not, when has he shown to do something like this? This is all assuming btw that Dio doesn't activate time stop shortly after time goes back to normal. Diavolo is defenseless in time stop and Dio can actually kill people during that. That last bit of it is you assuming that he knew Dio was a vampire and would fight near the sunrise which is a giant leap in logic, and even then Dio survived a Jonathan hamon powered sword cutting him straight in the middle, KC's donuts won't do shit. We don't know if KC is stronger than The World or not.

He's not winning dude.
But diavolo didnt even try to dodge the bullets. He just activated king crimson and erased the timeframe where the bullets went through him. We never saw how king crimson's speed compares to bullets. All we know is that both it and the world are ranked A in power/speed.

Also its pretty questionable to use a feat from the 1st chapter of stardust crusaders considering at that same chapter Star Platinum somehow brings lots of random stuff inside jotaro's cell which contradicts the reveal of his stand's range being 2 meters.
Fair point.

I'm using something shown in the manga, if you're complaining about that I don't know what to tell you. Him being able to stop a bullet makes much more sense with the rest of the shown moveset though, Star Platinum/The World is constantly said and shown to be absurdly strong, fast and precise.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's not immortal. He literally died. Literally died in a way Diavolo can kill him himself. Jotaro killed him this way so why not Diavolo?

Meanwhile you fail to understand KCs abilities and why Dio wouldn't be able to touch him.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He's not immortal. He literally died. Literally died in a way Diavolo can kill him himself. Jotaro killed him this way so why not Diavolo?

Meanwhile you fail to understand KCs abilities and why Dio wouldn't be able to touch him.
immortality doesn't mean you can't be killed. it means that you will live forever unless you are killed, and probably are very difficult to kill.

Additionally, Bruno almost hit KC, but he avoided it by activating his ability while the fist was still flying towards him and was a hair away from his face. If Bruno had The World and activated it before punching, he would have hit him, even if he only stopped time for a quarter of a second. thus we can conclude that KC's reaction speed IS a factor and that he can be taken off guard, which would result in him being torn apart by Dio in his 5 (or 9) seconds of Time Stop, or Jotaro in his 1-2 seconds).

However there are plenty of difficulties getting to the appropriate range and ensuring Diavolo does not activate his ability in time. He is a formidable opponent, and it would be a difficult fight.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Alright whatever dude I don't care anymore. Make up whatever delusion you want.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all trying to apply logic to JoJo when Araki showed you time and time again he gives no shit about logic.

This ain't DBZ folks.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Diavolo Art:

img_chara.png

img_txt1.png

img_stand.png

img_txt2.png

Silver Chariot Art:

img_stand.png

img_txt2.png

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I had noticed in the manga that SC's new design reflected Polnareff's injuries, but I didn't remember the peg legs.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
As manga reader I dont understand any single shit from this episode point and forward back then when I read it.

Araki was under influence of something really strong for this.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
i think it's mentioned in one of the books (lol non-canon) that he regards stand powers as superior to his vampire power so he just doesn't care to use them anymore

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
As manga reader I dont understand any single shit from this episode point and forward back then when I read it.

Araki was under influence of something really strong for this.
The word gets thrown around a lot, but I feel like Part 5 is the first part where things actually feel bizarre. Condom boat, hiding in turtles, King Crimson, etc. are all a level above the other parts in terms of wackiness.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I think the answer is that Araki already did a final battle revolving around Dio's freezing and eye laser powers and didn't feel like doing that again.

A lot of the discrepancies and plot holes in Jojo are less of a result of 'Araki forgot' as they are the result of 'Araki changed his mind' or 'Araki feels like going in this direction now.' It makes things super inconsistent sometimes, but at least the series almost never feels stale!

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Silver Chariot's linework and color is reminiscent of it's Part 3 Anime appearance, rather than fully adopting Part 5's style.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
So I watched the last episode a few times now but I still don't understand what was going on at the end of that Diavolo/Polnareff battle.

When Silver Chariot throws Pol's wheelchair up into the air did King Crimson erase that from happening? I though he could only erase time after he activates. And if he didn't then how did Pol end up back on the ground?

Wonder what Pol would think if he found out Giorno was Dio's son, would be bit awkward
Does Giorno know that he's Dio's son? One of the most surprising things to me about this part is what a non-factor Giorno's complex parentage has been up to this point.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Does Giorno know that he's Dio's son? One of the most surprising things to me about this part is what a non-factor Giorno's complex parentage has been up to this point.
All he knows is that his father is the guy in the picture, he doesn't know that guy is an evil vampire head fused withthe body of an innocent gentleman, otherwise I believe he'd burn the hell out of that photo

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
lol i just noticed that we're all avoiding talking about bites the dust vs king crimson because it's too complicated to even consider
Diavolo sees he dies from Bites the Dust.
He skips time, skipping his death.
Time still "resets", Hayato remembers what happened after all, so the jump back in time is still technically the future.
There are now two Diavolos, he jumped into the future after the reset, but Bites the Dust needs a Diavolo that is as he was at the start of that day.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I think the entire city heard that probably gave poor Pol PTSD
I wished he heard that but if he had he would've grabbed the arrow and gtfo, leaving the kids to die

He didn't notice one of the kids looked an awful lot like his best buddy, too, considering even koichi noticed i find it kinda odd(could be because of the hair color, though)

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
All he knows is that his father is the guy in the picture, he doesn't know that guy is an evil vampire head fused withthe body of an innocent gentleman, otherwise I believe he'd burn the hell out of that photo
It's funny how Giorno doesn't play games like his father. He has the no nonsense attitude of Jonathan, but isn't afraid to play dirty like Dio.

Dio is probably lucky he never met his kid.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
I wished he heard that but if he had he would've grabbed the arrow and gtfo, leaving the kids to die

He didn't notice one of the kids looked an awful lot like his best buddy, too, considering even koichi noticed i find it kinda odd(could be because of the hair color, though)
Detective Koichi can read people like a book Always wandered why Pol didnt try to contact Jotaro after he got KC'd (is this ever mentioned?)