• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Detective Koichi can read people like a book Always wandered why Pol didnt try to contact Jotaro after he got KC'd (is this ever mentioned?)
The manga mentions that any attempt to contact Jotaro could have alerted Diavolo to his survival, so Pol had to go into hiding and cut himself off from the rest of the world to survive since Passione apparently has a ton of sway all over Italy.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
The manga mentions that any attempt to contact Jotaro could have alerted Diavolo to his survival, so Pol had to go into hiding and cut himself off from the rest of the world to survive since Passione apparently has a ton of sway all over Italy.
Thanks knew I forgot something, goddamn Pol had a hard bizarre life

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
this makes 0 sense after Divalvo thought he was dead though
I think that's supposed to be the point. Passione apparently has eyes everywhere, so if Pol tried to contact Jotaro, he ran the risk of Diavolo finding out that he survived. That's why he went into hiding instead.

It's not the best explanation, but it's the only excuse Araki gave us and its at least serviceable.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I think that's supposed to be the point. Passione apparently has eyes everywhere, so if Pol tried to contact Jotaro, he ran the risk of Diavolo finding out that he survived. That's why he went into hiding instead.

It's not the best explanation, but it's the only excuse Araki gave us and its at least serviceable.
yeah, i'm willing to accept that. I just need to learn more about how he survived and got his legs without being able to contact the speedwagon foundation

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So Polnareff's lost limbs also reflects the same for Silver Chariot?
Has it always been that way for Stands in the past?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Detective Koichi can read people like a book Always wandered why Pol didnt try to contact Jotaro after he got KC'd (is this ever mentioned?)
i was gonna say wait till they tell you more, but it's as they said lol Diavolo has ears and eyes everywhere in italy

Yeah, but he makes sure a beetle will explode out of his opponent's head before he starts trash talking.

Giorno is efficient.
Can't make mistakes if you wanna run the mafia
So Polnareff's lost limbs also reflects the same for Silver Chariot?
Has it always been that way for Stands in the past?
Been that way since abbacchio was able to cut his hand to deliver the key, at least. You couldnt have dismembering in SDC cause they had no healer

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Are you saying Polnareff has been reincarnated by the arrow with a fat ass this time?

Wait... is that what the 2nd arrow shot does? Booty injection? New Giorno should be nuts then.
D59coE6UIAECPIb.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean...Abbachio can't even keep his hands off him. Did you see the way he was grabbing Giorno's chin? It was like he was threatening to make out with him.
Oh yeah, he couldn't control his inner tsundere, and with the rest of the gang doing monologues about Giorno after 1 or 2 missions, i'd say Dio would be proud LOL the charisma is hereditary

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still laughing over people trying to figure out how King Crimson works in the last few pages. Its been so many years of the discussion and people hoped the anime would explain it much better, but nah, people still misunderstand it.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So how the fuck did Polnareff get his arm back? He clearly lost his two legs AND one arm, but in the present he has both arms. ???

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the flesh buds are tied to whatever the fuck Jonathan's original stand was supposed to be.
I've never seen the flesh buds as anything but vampire power but it's nice to think that maybe Jonathan's Stand would've had something to do with controlling cells that are outside of his body... Kind of reminds me of Esidisi actually

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen the flesh buds as anything but vampire power but it's nice to think that maybe Jonathan's Stand would've had something to do with controlling cells that are outside of his body... Kind of reminds me of Esidisi actually
I honestly think the vine stands are heavily tied to Hamon usage, which both Jonathan and Joseph were capable of with Holly probably getting a vine stand like that through hereditary reasons. It stopping at Jotaro is probably because of him having more diluted Joestar genes.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think the vine stands are heavily tied to Hamon usage, which both Jonathan and Joseph were capable of with Holly probably getting a vine stand like that through hereditary reasons. It stopping at Jotaro is probably because of him having more diluted Joestar genes.
Iirc vines are the reason some people think GE is somewhat similar to what Jonathan's stand would be

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Some sort of "WTF is his stand?" shenanigans. I think the flesh buds are tied to whatever the fuck Jonathan's original stand was supposed to be. Za Warudo is Dio's stand.
I'm pretty sure if those were tied to Jonathan's stand/the hetmit purple Dio is shown using once they would look like plants rather than meat. They were also destroyed by Hamon, so they're almost certainly tied to Dio's vampire abilities.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay so like

after giving it time to set, giorno's wryyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa is definitely the best 5 seconds of the entire series

Oct 27, 2017
Some sort of "WTF is his stand?" shenanigans. I think the flesh buds are tied to whatever the fuck Jonathan's original stand was supposed to be. Za Warudo is Dio's stand.
According to this wiki, it's vampiric. Remember the beginning of DiU with Okuyasu's mutated dad? Iirc, Okuyasu's bro mentioned specifically it was because DIO's genetic material in the flesh bud going crazy after he died that fucked his dad up.