• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
It's the second most used color combo(they only repeated a color scheme once and pink appears twice), but i love they went for a color shonen protagonists would never dare to pull off, afaik
wait, i wasn't talking about covers, my impression was the color version of the manga uses blue. am i wrong on that?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
wait, i wasn't talking about covers, my impression was the color version of the manga uses blue. am i wrong on that?
It uses blue but it wasnt araki's call , iirc shueisha chooses them because araki got not time for coloring stuff xD
Only colors araki chooses are the cover's cause he painted those

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
It uses but it wasnt araki's call , iirc shueisha chooses them because araki got not time for coloring stuff xD
oh yeah for sure. I was just meaning its cool they went with a different color than was established in the color manga. do you know if araki was more into pink and that was the color he wanted, or did he not communicate which color was supposed to be "real"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
oh yeah for sure. I was just meaning its cool they went with a different color than was established in the color manga. do you know if araki was more into pink and that was the color he wanted, or did he not communicate which color was supposed to be "real"
I have no idea but i think he just goes "no color is wrong, choose whatever you want" and DP thought Pink fit Giorno the best and i sure as jhell agree

Would be cool if they asked about that and araki went for pink tho xD

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Has anyone taken the time to color manga blue Giorno into pink?
DxODTXvX4AU2xT8.png
328-3281774_unit-giorno-giovanna-ss-.png

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
How is the next JoJo arc; Stone Ocean?

Cause I didn't like this season
I find most people who dislike part 5 love part 6, and people who love part 5 dislike part 6. They're both still JoJo, but the pros and cons about the specific arc do an exact flip.

Personally, Stone Ocean is my absolute favorite, and I didn't like this part that much.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I find most people who dislike part 5 love part 6, and people who love part 5 dislike part 6. They're both still JoJo, but the pros and cons about the specific arc do an exact flip.

Personally, Stone Ocean is my absolute favorite, and I didn't like this part that much.
Well I hope I become one of those people in camp who likes 6

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I say that for part 4 and 5 never heard about this for 5 and 6 lol

But im also one of the weirdos that likes 4,5 and 6 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

For those are wondering.

Front Row:

Yuichi Nakamura (Bruno), Kensho Ono (Giorno), Sayaka Senbongi (Trish)

Back Row:

Fuminori Komatsu (Polneraff).Junichi Suwabe (Abbachio),Kōsuke Toriumi (Mista),Daiki Yamashita (Narancia),Junya Enoki (Fugo)

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the latest episode. This finale is kind of a mess. It's not very satisfying seeing the main character take down the main villain when everything is so vague and up in the air.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017

I really like part 5, and from what I remember, enjoyed part 6.
I say that for part 4 and 5 never heard about this for 5 and 6 lol

But im also one of the weirdos that likes 4,5 and 6 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This makes more sense to me. 4 and 5 are complete opposites in how they are executed.

And also where I was at. My opinion on part 4 improved a lot after revisiting it with the anime though, enough to where I'd say it's probably my second favorite part of the first five.
But that's because I think it's fairly solid all around. It still has that aimless feel that holds it back for me, it never reaches the higher points of the series for me, but doesn't have the noticeable low points of the first three parts.

But what I don't care for with part 4 is what its fans love about it. Part 5 goes in the opposite direction which appeals to me, but likely not be something part 4 fans care for.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Good episode, though I don't really like GER's design and the beginning of the episode was very weirdly done. King Crimson can't grab the arrow because the souls are swapping back, but Bruno hasn't done the thing yet?

Then Giorno is with Mista, then he has the arrow, then the next scene is with Diavolo and Giorno is in the floor away from mista, then he gets up and has the arrow?

It was all very strange, this was my least favorite episode in the final arc. Still good, though. Also whatever happened to the whole "our stands are powered up" from the beginning of SCR?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
If anything they should've said "support Fire Force and you'll get Part 6". Speaking of which, is the show any good? The Soul Eater character designs look great.
The manga is just a solid shonen, and pretty funny. Sometimes has some weird stuff with women and the beginning isn't the best, though, but it's worth a watch.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot that the superpowered stands were a thing just a few episodes ago. Superpowered King Crimson might've been terrifying if Araki hadn't forgotten.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Part 5's protagonist, always loved ya Bruno

As someone that particularly disliked GER in a final arc I never cared for to begin with, I gotta say, seeing it animated was pretty cool. The part where Diavolo is completely bewildered as he watches himself echo was good stuff.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the next two weeks we really don't have anything else to do besides discuss how we've felt about the series as a whole sans the finale... and I can honestly say that part 5 isn't leaving a huge impact on me one way or the other. It's not great like parts 2 and 4, and it's not awful like part 3.

It did have the benefit of killing off Polnareff which is instantly a plus though.

Seriously, I can recall most of the truly bizarre moments of this series, but it's oddly the season with the least amount of Jojo badassery. This was a season that was defined less by Giorno and more the supporting cast, and while the supporting cast was good... it didn't carry it to greatness.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You guys think they'll sneak "It just works" into the dub like they did for "It's high noon"?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
"has some weird stuff with women" is one way to phrase it lol.
I really don't know how else to phrase it lol

Author makes a character literally for the sole purpose of fanservice then turns around and does a whole arc about "look! Women can fight too! They're not just pretty things to look at!"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, ya need a great Jojo, or at least I do anyways
Agreed. It's not that Giorno is a bad Jojo, he's just barely even the star of his own arch outside the very beginning and very end. For 80% of it, he's the healer and support and while those are integral roles to any well balanced party... no one ever says the glory goes to them.

This means war friend
Let it be war, Polnareff was the weakest part of the already lackluster part 3.

Oct 25, 2017
And Giorno's the protag and this is his journey learning to command a gang, look who remembered the real point and didn't get caught up on shipping this time u-u
Yeah the "this is Bruno's story" jokes are getting annoying. Whole thing is based on Giorno's interactions with the gang. Just because Giorno didn't take over the part the way Joseph did doesn't make this any less his story. Bruno just happens to be an excellently written Caesar.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the "this is Bruno's story" jokes are getting annoying. Whole thing is based on Giorno's interactions with the gang. Just because Giorno didn't take over the part the way Joseph did doesn't make this any less his story. Bruno just happens to be an excellently written Caesar.

Don't mean to be annoying, like you said they're jokes is all

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
bruno is clearly intended to feel like a potential protagonist, but he's in the wrong genre of story for it. that's why he died like 15 episodes ago. the gang would not have made it through without the cold, analytical help of a boy who doesn't care if people see him as the hero; who believes he can be a villain who shields good people from the REAL bad guys.

Yall are literally missing the very obvious subtext. Giorno leads the group from behind and elevates them above what they would otherwise be able to accomplish. They are good, noble people, but they are also lost souls who ended up in the gang because society cast them out and they felt they had nowhere to go. from the very start of giorno joining, he had a dream. he had a vision for where he would take the gang, and immediately he catapulted them into a larger arena with the killing of polpo.

Its fine if you don't like him, but don't pretend the narrative crux of the entire part turned out that way by accident.

He is my absolute favorite jojo to date. I don't need a character to be the only one who matters in order for me to like them, its weird that that's being used as an argument.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
bruno is clearly intended to feel like a potential protagonist, but he's in the wrong genre of story for it. that's why he died like 15 episodes ago. the gang would not have made it through without the cold, analytical help of a boy who doesn't care if people see him as the hero; who believes he can be a villain who shields good people from the REAL bad guys.

Yall are literally missing the very obvious subtext. Giorno leads the group from behind and elevates them above what they would otherwise be able to accomplish.

Its fine if you don't like him, but don't pretend the narrative crux of the entire part turned out that way by accident.

He is my absolute favorite jojo to date. I don't need a character to be the only one who matters in order for me to like them, its weird that that's being used as an argument.
Glad another one is on the love Giorno train along with me and Mariip. Funny enough Bruno's passion got him killed, Giorno's analytical mind kept them alive. Giorno's not even cold, he's just not Bruno.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Yall are literally missing the very obvious subtext. Giorno leads the group from behind and elevates them above what they would otherwise be able to accomplish. They are good, noble people, but they are also lost souls who ended up in the gang because society cast them out and they felt they had nowhere to go. from the very start of giorno joining, he had a dream. he had a vision for where he would take the gang, and immediately he catapulted them into a larger arena with the killing of polpo.

He's not the hero we deserve but the hero we need, i love Bruno's compassion but the more i reread the part the more i realize that would end up badly :/ Had bruno lived he'd become the boss for sure (giorno wanted to help him go up the ranks, after all, like a reversed hughes/mustang duo)but it would be a matter of time until his soft side took the better of him... Not that Giorno is heartless or has no compassion, but kid knows when that gonna fuck all his work and when it won't. As Bruno said himself "this is how it should be" :/

Bruno deserved a better life. It's amazing how long he survived the mob but that only happened because he had kids to take care off and no guts of risking them to take out the boss without help :/