• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well if you count the times Mista would have killed himself he clearly has the edge there against everybody else.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
While obviously not the same, I feel like Part 5 is a much more refined Part 3 as far as a "chase" monster of the week formula. I'm not a huge fan of it and always preferred smaller scope, cast, and stronger serializing, but I've enjoyed Part 5 in ways I enjoyed Part 3 without having its failings. The stand fights are more creative and while I still feel the cast is larger than it needs to be/should be, I like the interactions more here than Part 3. I just see a lot of parallels between the two parts and realized Part 5 was just a better Part 3 to me.

As fun as DIO is, I'll never really untie my disappointment of how he was handled in Part 3 from the rest of that part either.

Oct 25, 2017
While obviously not the same, I feel like Part 5 is a much more refined Part 3 as far as a "chase" monster of the week formula. I'm not a huge fan of it and always preferred smaller scope, cast, and stronger serializing, but I've enjoyed Part 5 in ways I enjoyed Part 3 without having its failings. The stand fights are more creative and while I still feel the cast is larger than it needs to be/should be, I like the interactions more here than Part 3. I just see a lot of parallels between the two parts and realized Part 5 was just a better Part 3 to me.

As fun as DIO is, I'll never really untie my disappointment of how he was handled in Part 3 from the rest of that part either.
There's a lot of subtle fun with Diavolo. I actually like how King Crimson did Diavolo's talking for him, you'd never get this with Dio and Za Warudo. The scene where you have KC pleading with Bruno to let him have the arrow was fucking great.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Diavolo talking through his stand is great, and says a lot about how he views his powers. He uses King Crimson to shield himself from being seen, he uses it to erase himself.

And for a man that only cares about the results, he ends up being defined by his stand so much that his real body isn't the focus of most of the final fight. Once he is forced back to what he was hiding from, that's when it's over for him.

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pu8z14ceO81tqa5i9o1_1280.gif

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I can't blame Diavolo for being desperate there, no matter how useless it was.

He knows he is on Giorno's bad side, he knows that's the worst place to be.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i was curious about this so I checked the manga, and this is actually an uncharacteristic David Pro fuckup here! Araki actually seemed to remember and only had Diavolo knock the scorpion off his hand
wow that's a real shame. i was kind of marvelling at how well this entire part all of a sudden made his other ability logically not matter, until this moment.

EDIT: in the manga was it the same as the anime where he actually slices part of his hand off, thus literally not touching the scorpion at all?

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
When Fugo left the team I thought for sure we'd seem him pop up again in a big damn hero moment or as a traitor or something. Araki sure subverted my expectations with him.

I want to see more Purple Haze dammnit.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
wow that's a real shame. i was kind of marvelling at how well this entire part all of a sudden made his other ability logically not matter, until this moment.

EDIT: in the manga was it the same as the anime where he actually slices part of his hand off, thus literally not touching the scorpion at all?
Yup.

I1q9GlP.png

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Since the thirst for Jojo is real, in the last few days I've played Eyes of Heaven. The gameplay was mediocre, but the love of the developers for the series is truly something. Well, maybe they had too much of a hard on for Jotaro and DIO, but who cares...

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
honestly he has a hell of a lot of attention to detail to even go that far. i feel like "araki forgot" is a bit overstated and more like "araki purposefully abandoned something that wasn't interesting him"

I read "Dead Man's Questions" and am reading the rohan stories now. Its kind of refreshing to see his take on stories fully divorced from any "battle manga" tropes.

these are some of my favorite kind of short stories.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
When Fugo left the team I thought for sure we'd seem him pop up again in a big damn hero moment or as a traitor or something. Araki sure subverted my expectations with him.

I want to see more Purple Haze dammnit.
Once anime is over look for a novel called "purple haze feedback", it diverges a bit from canon because anime added stuff but it's good enough to consider it part of the story imo

But it has spoilers for the rest of the ending because it's post part 5

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
i was curious about this so I checked the manga, and this is actually an uncharacteristic David Pro fuckup here! Araki actually seemed to remember and only had Diavolo knock the scorpion off his hand
Honestly they haven't used that ability the entire show so whatever.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
eh, was it really being torn apart? or just grabbed and shaped in clumps.
He had to tear some spots then shape them to make the board, he'd at least get a haircut, at worst lose his head

I think he could have just "shaved" the sheet of grass so he wouldn't get so hurt tho

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He had to tear some spots then shape them to make the board, he'd at least get a haircut, at worst lose his head

I think he could have just "shaved" the sheet of grass so he wouldn't get so hurt tho
fair enough. that whole sequence was bizzaro jojo logic tho, even with stands existing that doesn't explain how you could make grass adhere to that shape. I'm giving it a pass

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Back when Koichi had his attack reflected, it did less damage to him because he wasn't try to harm anyone.

So clearly, Mista wasn't damage by ripping up the grass because the grass knew being turned into a surfboard was the coolest possible outcome.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I went back and Watched the Dio fight again. How the fuck did Jotaro gain the World stand? He clearly did not have a arrow on him, so??? Is that that motherfuckers version of Ultra Instinct?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I went back and Watched the Dio fight again. How the fuck did Jotaro gain the World stand? He clearly did not have a arrow on him, so??? Is that that motherfuckers version of Ultra Instinct?
Pretty sure the implication is that he had it all along and "awakened" to it there. Not worth thinking about it too much, anyways. They were flying all over the place like it was a different anime, in the end.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the implication is that he had it all along and "awakened" to it there. Not worth thinking about it too much, anyways. They were flying all over the place like it was a different anime, in the end.
Kind of is like UI.
They have the same stand. Star Platinum is the asspull stand. Gold Experience is just so abstract that it feels like an asspull but really isn't.
I was just thinking about it because in a hypothetical Star Platinum vs Gold Experience, I feel like Jotaro will pull something completely out of his ass to upgrade his stand.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My interpretation of that plot point was that time stop was actually a bloodline technique that Dio inherited by stealing Johnathon's body. Sort of plays into that "fated confrontation" aspect. Joseph was just too old to awaken the ability.

Or I guess you could go the other way, and Dio using the power made Josuke realize it was possible, and then he learned to use it ice-nine style.

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about it because in a hypothetical Star Platinum vs Gold Experience, I feel like Jotaro will pull something completely out of his ass to upgrade his stand.
If it's early Part 5 Star Platinum just has to punch a frog to kill Jotaro. After that...I have no idea. Is this SP without time stop? If so Giorno could still probably get a win, but with time stop I have no idea. He would need GER.
It's hard to predict when the best beatdown them will show up.

And it helps that Giorno and the gang isn't afraid to put it to good use.
This is hands down my favorite beat down theme. It gave the entire cast a power up, shit was great.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
the concept of the arrow wasn't invented yet. remember when dio was talking about how he discovered the world's power? previously hed been using it as a punch ghost just like jotaro, and then he tapped into its main ability. jotaro had always had the potential to manifest the same ability. stands have a specific stat called "growth potential" that shows up in the interstitial/commercial break screens and refers to how much more about the user's ability could evolve or develop. look at koichi, or rohan. its separate from the arrow.