• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Been rewatching the whole part. Risotto vs Doppio might be the best/my favorite battle in the whole Jojoverse (anime) so far.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Well since we're all bored waiting for the Last Episode, let's have this instead.

ivx0ADZ.jpg

Source(?)

Last edited:

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
The one ranking i can't make: top 5 part 5 fights
I can try

5. Narancia vs Formaggio
4. Bucciarati vs Diavolo
3. Mista + Giorno vs Ghiaccio
2. Bucciarati + Mista vs Pesci + Prosciutto (is this one fight tho 🤔)
1. Risotto vs Doppio/Diavolo

Fake edit: some honorable mentions:

Giorno + Koichi vs Black Sabbath
Mista vs Sale (I think he was never named in the anime btw? Had to check for it)
The gang + Diavolo (???) vs Chariot Requiem

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Im probably the only one that likes green day(mostly giorno and a little of mista x ciocolatta), smh

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You're not the only one. Half that fight is Giorno doing 200 IQ plays layering bullshit on top of bullshit so he can get close enough to beat a guy for 30 seconds or like a couple of thousand years using Kaleb IA math.
My problem ranking p5 fights is that i probably love all of them except man in the mirror and baby face(and the last one is mostly because the stand and its user are shit :/)

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
"Did you really think you'd be that lucky? A piece of shit like you?"

Green day is one of my fav fights, and not just for the muda. the fact that it becomes a tower that must be climbed and you can't retreat from without dying is some powerful symbolism for giorno's ascent, and the bullshit both him and chocolate man pull is entertaining as fuck.

kraftwerk, metallica, white album, and the (and this is a very important distinction) ~Actual Fight~ of Babyface are also up there.

kc vs metallica probably is number 1. such weird interesting powers and such attention to detail wrt the arena

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
~Actual Fight~ of Babyface are also up there.
If only one of Giorno's turning point fights didn't have a rape pc i'd rank that one so damn high

MiTM lost points for group chemistry, too >_> abbachio+fugo+giorno is a bit too serious

I love green day for the 800iq bullet shenanigans, cause god damn that combo is great: locking the heli in place, making the branch bridge with a bullet going through his hand so giorno doesn't fall, ciocolatta tearing himself and filling it with mold to hide, them kick, the stag beetle, Giono being a lying mofo, god DAMN that fight was great

Number 5 was such a good boy too TuT there's one bright side on having almost independent stands lol

Honestly my favorite ones would include green day and white album way up there

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
If only one of Giorno's turning point fights didn't have a rape pc i'd rank that one so damn high

MiTM lost points for group chemistry, too >_> abbachio+fugo+giorno is a bit too serious

I love green day for the 800iq bullet shenanigans, cause god damn that combo is great: locking the heli in place, making the branch bridge with a bullet going through his hand so giorno doesn't fall, ciocolatta tearing himself and filling it with mold to hide, them kick, the stag beetle, Giono being a lying mofo, god DAMN that fight was great

Number 5 was such a good boy too TuT there's one bright side on having almost independent stands lol
there's something special about giorno being instantly suspicious about chocolate boy faking his death despite how extremely dead he looks. like, he looks absolutely beyond dead, to the point where if it wasnt giorno saying he wasn't, i would have assumed it was unfounded paranoia. his entire speech to him before the muda is great.

Babyface... man do i have issues with that whole thing. it was just so unecessary. But the fact that giorno comes up with such a clever way to finish off the stand user before he can strike again is such a triumphant moment because of it...

it's the worst the series so far has ever handled sexual assault. but the fact that the stand is autonomous kind of divorces it from the horrible user in a way that makes it easy to compartmentalize and not see the fight and the creepy pre-fight scene as being part of the same whole. regardless, its simultaneously the low point of the season and a big cool turning point for giorno. impossible not to be conflicted about it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
there's something special about giorno being instantly suspicious about chocolate boy faking his death despite how extremely dead he looks. like, he looks absolutely beyond dead, to the point where if it wasnt giorno saying he wasn't, i would have assumed it was unfounded paranoia. his entire speech to him before the muda is great.

Babyface... man do i have issues with that whole thing. it was just so unecessary. But the fact that giorno comes up with such a clever way to finish off the stand user before he can strike again is such a triumphant moment because of it...

it's the worst the series so far has ever handled sexual assault. but the fact that the stand is autonomous kind of divorces it from the horrible user in a way that makes it easy to compartmentalize and not see the fight and the creepy pre-fight scene as being part of the same whole. regardless, its simultaneously the low point of the season and a big cool turning point for giorno. impossible not to be conflicted about it.
Chocolate boy mutilated himself and managed to stay alive because of the mold, it's pretty safe to assume he'd live, but yeah him coming up with that speech to stall was just ace, i remember rereading the pages countless times and when it got voice acting it was SO DAMN GREAT, kensho was killing it that episode @-@, i kinda liked the last part in the manga too but Giorno outshone Bruno's bit of that fight so much that now i kinda hate secco v bruno LOL

The baby stand was also a piece of shit, so when you've previously seen a lot of fights with characters that had some depth or charisma to it it's pretty hard to like baby face...he's between prosciutto/pesci fight and freaking white album, which are some of the goddamn best fights in the part too... Giorno learning healing but the gang seriously didn't hear the dude literally screaming for help? Lmao that's some part 3 shenanigans... you can clearly see that fight was only there because araki felt Giorno needed another solo fight by that point in the story

About the sexual assault...
sbr was so much worse on that that i dont even care anymore .-.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

I loved the way the show speeded through the Babyface fight like I did when I first read through it. It's like they didn't care either lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Chocolate boy mutilated himself and managed to stay alive because of the mold, it's pretty safe to assume he'd live, but yeah him coming up with that speech to stall was just ace, i remember rereading the pages countless times and when it got voice acting it was SO DAMN GREAT, kensho was killing it that episode @-@, i kinda liked the last part in the manga too but Giorno outshone Bruno's bit of that fight so much that now i kinda hate secco v bruno LOL

The baby stand was also a piece of shit, so when you've previously seen a lot of fights with characters that had some depth or charisma to it it's pretty hard to like baby face...he's between prosciutto/pesci fight and freaking white album, which are some of the goddamn best fights in the part too... Giorno learning healing but the gang seriously didn't hear the dude literally screaming for help? Lmao that's some part 3 shenanigans... you can clearly see that fight was only there because araki felt Giorno needed another solo fight by that point in the story
if you recall Babyface cut out his throat so he couldn't call for help. the extremely low wall blocking their view of the fight was definitely quite contrived, but contrivances like that feel like standard jojo to me, and kinda adorable. and yeah, the stand itself is a jerk, but in a clasically evil kind of way. i enjoyed his personality, i just hated where he came from.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
if you recall Babyface cut out his throat so he couldn't call for help. the extremely low wall blocking their view of the fight was definitely quite contrived, but contrivances like that feel like standard jojo to me, and kinda adorable. and yeah, the stand itself is a jerk, but in a clasically evil kind of way. i enjoyed his personality, i just hated where he came from.
Oh yeah but he was like waving and all and it was so frustrating hahahaha
I loved the way the show speeded through the Babyface fight like I did when I first read through it. It's like they didn't care either lol
it was a quick fight, in the manga it took a lot of pages because explaining the stand took a lot of time but you can speed it up a lot with the animation

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How come no one mentioned the spiciest fight of all? Yeah, it's sad Trish gets sidelined afterwards, but her personal fight is just SO GOOD. Only second to Risotto for me.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
How come no one mentioned the spiciest fight of all? Yeah, it's sad Trish gets sidelined afterwards, but her personal fight is just SO GOOD. Only second to Risotto for me.
That one is in my top 3, problem is my top 3 is a top 10 with a lot of fights tied. :/

I love the suspense that leads to it, it's so damn good

Oct 27, 2017
I will say at least about Baby face is that Giorno shouting "my hand is a piranha" so seriously is hillarious. I just love how giorno plays what should be rediculous moments so seriously and with conviction like Banana Gun and Brick snake

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I will say at least about Baby face is that Giorno shouting "my hand is a piranha" so seriously is hillarious. I just love how giorno plays what should be rediculous moments so seriously and with conviction like Banana Gun and Brick snake
He's great at selling bullshit, be it making phrases like "my hand is a piranha" sound badass, be it convincing the enemy he actually thought the whole brick snake thing through and didn't make a life or death gamble at all during that fight lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
A more refined Joseph in a way
I wouldn't say more defined, but a bit less ambiguous... I'll never know if Joseph ever thought through half of the bullshit he made or was just lucky(except for the final fight where he admitted it was all bullshit) but I can really believe when Giorno says he thought it all through, the thing with Giorno is whether he went for the 9% chance of success plan or the 90% one

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say more defined, but a bit less ambiguous... I'll never know if Joseph ever thought through half of the bullshit he made or was just lucky(except for the final fight where he admitted it was all bullshit) but I can really believe when Giorno says he thought it all through, the thing with Giorno is whether he went for the 9% chance of success plan or the 90% one
I think his stand is so abstract to the point where he does have to put some thought behind its usage. I don't even know what the margins of success would be though.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think his stand is so abstract to the point where he does have to put some thought behind its usage. I don't even know what the margins of success would be though.
He's a dude that thinks a lot but will also hold onto a 0.001% odds of success plan if he has to, and he will. make. it. work.

That's why it's so hard to know when he's talking bs or being honest, total victory and slim chances of victory are the same in Giorno's book

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a dude that thinks a lot but will also hold onto a 0.001% odds of success plan if he has to, and he will. make. it. work.

That's why it's so hard to know when he's talking bs or being honest, total victory and slim chances of victory are the same in Giorno's book
I think Giorno is the closest Jojo to Jonathan, in that he has an absolute conviction that good will prevail over evil. It's sketchy of him to assume that his dream is on the side of good 100% of the time, but with the kind of terrible people he's faced against (he really took out the worst garbage: Polpo, Melone, Ciocolatta, Diavolo), he is certainly the lesser of two evils, and thus it is the rule of his world that he should prevail, even if from the outside his odds of success seem low. He's not a chancer: good will prevail, that's the end of it.

Most Jojo take for granted they will win the fight, but Jonathan and Giorno are the only 2 that (I think) believe in a higher purpose, or see themselves in an archetypal battle between good and evil. Joseph is on a personal journey and trusts his wits, Jôtarô trusts his own strength, and Jôsuke is just a kid on an adventure where he happens to win most of his fights.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Giorno is the closest Jojo to Jonathan, in that he has an absolute conviction that good will prevail over evil. It's sketchy of him to assume that his dream is on the side of good 100% of the time, but with the kind of terrible people he's faced against (he really took out the worst garbage: Polpo, Melone, Ciocolatta, Diavolo), he is certainly the lesser of two evils, and thus it is the rule of his world that he should prevail, even if from the outside his odds of success seem low. He's not a chancer: good will prevail, that's the end of it.

Most Jojo take for granted they will win the fight, but Jonathan and Giorno are the only 2 that (I think) believe in a higher purpose, or see themselves in an archetypal battle between good and evil. Joseph is on a personal journey and trusts his wits, Jôtarô trusts his own strength, and Jôsuke is just a kid on an adventure where he happens to win most of his fights.
Jonathan wouldn't have lied to Cioccolatta.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like it when people describe Giorno as a mix between Jonathan and Dio. Because yeah I think that works for his character.

On a tangent any particular people you'd like to see in the Part 5 dub?

Oct 25, 2017
I like it when people describe Giorno as a mix between Jonathan and Dio. Because yeah I think that works for his character.

On a tangent any particular people you'd like to see in the Part 5 dub?
Because that's exactly what he is. Jonathan's noble heart crossed with Dio's cutthroat logistics. It's a lethal combo. Giorno will judge you with his Joestar heart and execute you like a Brando. Dio wouldn't even want to be on Giorno's bad side.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
People mentioning all these fights and I'm just like...

Did y'all forget the first few episodes?

Giorno vs Bruno and giorno vs. Black Sabbath are classics Easily better than half the assassination fights

Giorno and Mista vs. Ghiaccio and Doppio vs Risotto is probably the top though