• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
since someone posted the character file for Narancia, thought it would be cool to show the rest of them:

vi90z5.jpg

Some takes i got from this: Narancia is a weeb, Hokuto no ken(fist of the north star) was the inspiration for phantom blood so this is a pretty nice homage to that manga, he probably loved gangsta's paradise :(
Mista is the funniest of these because you can just imagine him watching sappy romance movies while number 5 is crying on his shoulders, at least that was my headcanon after reading this.
Giorno likes les miserables and I really can't find anything more fitting, whenever i look at him I get some heavy Enjolras vibes lol, even his looks are somewhat similar, and his sense of justice is pretty aligned to that book... it's a pretty sad tale about people society forgot =/
I've already talked about Abbachio's hero being Senna, RIP =(, he lost his hero at 14 years old(that'd be a year before VA came out btw). Also Abacchio died helping snotty kids :(
Pretty weird Trish being mysophobic when the first thing she did in the part was dry her hands on the suit fugo wore during a dancing session, but hey
Idk much about the stuffs on Bruno profile, but someone should tell melone september 27 means his sign is not Aries >_>(which kinda makes me wonder whether he got Abbachio,Giorno or Pesci's blood instead or araki just can't horoscope)

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
so since ive been thinking about it a lot, and since i still haven't spoiled myself on anything, here is my prediction for these final episodes. (if you know wether im right or wrong please don't say so)

giorno talks about the difference between good and evil actions. we know he doesn't have conscious control over or knowledge of his new ability, but since it is his ability it must be based to some extent off his mindset and personality.

so, why did gold experience requiem activate when the boss tried to kill giorno? because he was aiming for an evil result. so giorno automatically erased that result but let the actions remain, which means they forever repeat in isolation while the rest of the world carries on.

but since there is a specific condition that must be fulfilled, does that mean there's still a possibility the boss can survive? what if he finds a way to aim for a noble result somehow, despite all he's done? gold experience would be unable to revert that.

this is my prediction for what this final final fight will be about.

and if the action of killing giorno could be part of what contributes to a noble result, then gold experience requiem's ability will disappear and he'll be free to make killing the rest of the traitors his goal.
you are 100%...

absolutely...

cc4.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that Bruno was a Jazz man. I guess his ability to make his stand versatile and adaptive is reflected in this is jazz is all about on the spot experimentation.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
it's funny that trish hates narancia's favourite foods
he should have asked before saying he was trish, ha!
She pretty much hates at least one thing the other boys like/are... Narancia's food, Mista smell, Giorno's insects...
I had no idea that Bruno was a Jazz man. I guess his ability to make his stand versatile and adaptive is reflected in this is jazz is all about on the spot experimentation.
seems like his favorite movie is about a commie fisherman that was buddies with pablo neruda, that's sweet

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get this thought out of my mind and I wanted to share it with you guys:
I find it sad that Trish didn't react at all when meeting her dad for the first time in her life (even if he wanted to kill her in the first place), though Bruno was in Diavolo's body at the time.

This further explains why you can't ship Trish with anybody.

That's a shame but oh well.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
since someone posted the character file for Narancia, thought it would be cool to show the rest of them:

Some takes i got from this: Narancia is a weeb, Hokuto no ken(fist of the north star) was the inspiration for phantom blood so this is a pretty nice homage to that manga, he probably loved gangsta's paradise :(
Mista is the funniest of these because you can just imagine him watching sappy romance movies while number 5 is crying on his shoulders, at least that was my headcanon after reading this.
Giorno likes les miserables and I really can't find anything more fitting, whenever i look at him I get some heavy Enjolras vibes lol, even his looks are somewhat similar, and his sense of justice is pretty aligned to that book... it's a pretty sad tale about people society forgot =/
I've already talked about Abbachio's hero being Senna, RIP =(, he lost his hero at 14 years old(that'd be a year before VA came out btw). Also Abacchio died helping snotty kids :(
Pretty weird Trish being mysophobic when the first thing she did in the part was dry her hands on the suit fugo wore during a dancing session, but hey
Idk much about the stuffs on Bruno profile, but someone should tell melone september 27 means his sign is not Aries >_>(which kinda makes me wonder whether he got Abbachio,Giorno or Pesci's blood instead or araki just can't horoscope)
Mista has good taste in women and soccer. Abbacchio is a man of culture, while Trish's discomfort with warm chairs is... bizzarre.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I can't get this thought out of my mind and I wanted to share it with you guys:
I find it sad that Trish didn't react at all when meeting her dad for the first time in her life (even if he wanted to kill her in the first place), though Bruno was in Diavolo's body at the time.

That's a shame but oh well.
it was too weird of a situation to really have that kind of moment. she was reacting every time she felt his presence nearby previously, simply seeing his body is kind of immaterial

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man i am sad it's almost over and we are going to have to wait at least a year for Part 6..but man look how far JoJo's come.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
My only grip with the series so far is why state that the protagonist is related to X character as the main selling point and then don't bring it up again for the whole course of the series? Of course I don't want to be spoiled of the end, I want to clarify that, but it seems strange to me.
Did people complain about this or even bring it up back in the day?

At least it makes more sense now to see her reaction during the body swap, she seemed very rude and childish then and it felt like a disconnect. (Though, she IS 15 y/o)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
My only grip with the series so far is why state that the protagonist is related to X character as the main selling point and then don't bring it up again for the whole course of the series? Of course I don't want to be spoiled of the end, I want to clarify that, but it seems strange to me.

At least it makes more sense now to see her reaction during the body swap, she seemed very rude and childish then and it felt like a disconnect. (Though, she IS 15 y/o)
Well, makes her fight against human flesh stand way more rewarding

I was bothered at first with dio never coming up, but this is Giorno's story, he owned it, making it about dio would probably shift focus to jotaro or dio and that wouldn't be fitting. His lineage is mostly there so we get the questions: is he a bad guy? Is he a good guy? Can he stay true to his cause despite his ways of acting being that ruthless?

Being Dio's son is mostly a cross he's carrying, someone else's sins being entrusted to him so he may do some sort of kharmic fix, but that's not the point of the story, just the beginning of it. That grew into me, don't fall for araki shenanigans

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually kinda like that we have a female main character who isn't really shipped with anyone, but Trish is underutilized in general.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every time you say that remember what happened to fugo Lol(i know balance is poor but having her at all is kind of a feat for 97 i think)
I mean I think VA is actually pretty cool because when people think of gendered violence, violence against women comes to mind first (I think) but I think it's worthwhile to explore how men also suffer from certain social structures, and I think VA does that quite well and honestly kind of earns its 97% male cast.

Fugo simply isn't as central to the plot as Trish though.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Well, makes her fight against human flesh stand way more rewarding

I was bothered at first with dio never coming up, but this is Giorno's story, he owned it, making it about dio would probably shift focus to jotaro or dio and that wouldn't be fitting. His lineage is mostly there so we get the questions: is he a bad guy? Is he a good guy? Can he stay true to his cause despite his ways of acting being that ruthless?

Being Dio's son is mostly a cross he's carrying, someone else's sins being entrusted to him so he may do some sort of kharmic fix, but that's not the point of the story, just the beginning of it. That grew into me, don't fall for araki shenanigans
Maybe if he learnt at some point about his father's actions it would have made the cross a bit more apparent. (Like Polnareff commenting on their contrast maybe, but he didn't really get to know him much either).
But that dynamic of fixing his father's sins simply by being true to himself and his own fight is a good way to put things in perspective, thanks :)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I think VA is actually pretty cool because when people think of gendered violence, violence against women comes to mind first (I think) but I think it's worthwhile to explore how men also suffer from certain social structures, and I think VA does that quite well and honestly kind of earns its 97% male cast.

Fugo simply isn't as central to the plot as Trish though.
I like how araki made the whole roster fabulous to compensate for the lack of women, he's got a passage in his book talking about that even xD
Maybe if he learnt at some point about his father's actions it would have made the cross a bit more apparent. (Like Polnareff commenting on their contrast maybe, but he didn't really get to know him much either).
But that dynamic of fixing his father's sins simply by being true to himself and his own fight is a good way to put things in perspective, thanks :)
you're welcome! There was a nice text some pages ago talkig about how calling him Jonathan's kid sorta diminished his strenght as a character because it would lose some of that contrast with Dio, was a pretty nice read x). I really like how Giorno is true to himself, despite all of his history, i really wished he was more popular for that reason alone lol

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The point of Jojo up to that point is that it's a big family tree since part 1. The original plan was to have 3 generations (hence the time period chosen for part 1), but since the series continued, Araki had to find new ways to introduce his new characters without pushing the series in the distant future. Jôsuke's lineage was already a bit left field, and he needed another, different lineage for part 5. Then he got the idea of DIO (which doesn't really work if you think of how DIO was in part 3, but, eh, whatever). The entire plotline about being DIO's son is to install Giorno in the family tree.
Since Jojo is one series but is in reality 5 (at that point) different series in different settings with different tones and themes, having some sort of distant legacy between protagonists was Araki's way of keeping it together.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever you feel bad about yourself because you just saw someone good looking at the gym, and you think you'll never look as good at them, remember: even that hot person will never look as good as Risotto either. Both of you look equally like you're about to throw up razor blades.
So you see, cheer up, life is not that bad!

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
To get my Part 5 fix I had to finally start playing through the All Star Battle Part 5 segment, I cannot abide this blue Giorno, I now understand why this is a point of contention.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
2 episodes left. Maybe we will get to see Trish's fate?

I wonder how much of the narrative for Vento Aureo would have changed if it were to be developed nowadays.
(Did I say this right?)
The anime changed a pretty good amount of stuff, the manga had some bits with stuff like bruno explaining mista wouldn't last much in prison cause he'd end up picking up a fight with a gay man(sounded like a reference to prison rape, mind you), they added some stuff to squalo and tiziano but didn't need to do a lot, they change that "fugo and mista checking out trish" scene so it would be 0.5% less creepy amd some stuff i can't remember, but honestly it held up pretty well, all things considered. I also think full time pink giorno wouldn't be allowed had the manga been adapted in the 90s

It's hard to think of how much it would change because araki's writing style changed quite a lot and he publishes stuff on a seinen magazine right now...
he took so many liberties and risks in stone ocean that i think part 5 could change quite a bit but im nt sure of how much at the time all his avantgardness warranted him low sales

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Holy shit... i always wanted norio wakamoto to voice a character in jojo...

turns out he already voiced DIO in a drama CD!

i really hope he will voice someone in part 6!

Oct 25, 2017

LOL Wakamoto is dramatic as fuck. Also it seems like Koyasu is the only one to not get replaced between games and anime. It's like they knew he was perfect.
I watched all of this. Also show how much of an improvement then anime VA's are over the games.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

This guy is awesome but idk who he could voice lol can only think about folks in much later parts
LOL Wakamoto is dramatic as fuck. Also it seems like Koyasu is the only one to not get replaced between games and anime. It's like they knew he was perfect.

I watched all of this. Also show how much of an improvement then anime VA's are over the games.
Which role does koyasu play?

Also i can't play jojo games because of Giorno's VAs... even though i know his ASB va is very talented Kensho is just Giorno.

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is awesome but idk who he could voice lol can only think about folks in much later parts

Which role does koyasu play?

Also i can't play jojo games because of Giorno's VAs... even though i know his ASB va is very talented Kensho is just Giorno.

Wakamoto is a legend. I'm amazed he hasn't gotten a role in One Piece (minus that obscure OVA)

Koyasu is Dio.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Forgot one thing about Giorno's file: octopus salad is a snack served at japanese bars, and pudding and chocolate are common foods in convenience stores

He cherished cheap food and drink night leftovers.

His mom sucks.