• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
google translate
As an independent development studio, Quantic Dream is responsible for its social and salary policy. More generally, we expect our suppliers and partners to comply with the laws and practices in force in their country. We have no other comment.
except you're doing business with them and bankrolling them and publishing their products so you have to have a better response than that

This Nintendo fanboy journalist gave Beyond Two Souls a 5/5 by the way.
but he has a grudge against QD/sony so maybe that perfect review was a part of his long plan on making friends with them and then stabbing them in the back.

Sony should maybe take a look at how Microsoft manages to keep their studios free of that bs
how do they do it? i'm curious

Ex-employees are suing QD right?

"We are aware of the allegations against Quantum Dream, a contracted developer outside of Sony Worldwide Studios, developing Detroit: Almost Human for PlayStation 4. We take these allegations seriously and will be following the court process closely and will reevaluate our relationship with Quantum Dream depending on the outcome"

Now someone making 4x more than me is going to come out with "No comment at this time"
yeah how hard is it to release a statement like that, even if it means nothing

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Woah what the fuck. This is the worst way to go about this.

Sony must've know beforehand that shit like this happened at QD right?

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see how fast some people jumped on the bandwagon to support this reporter if Quantic Dream was a Microsoft partner studio. Terrible response by Sony here.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see how fast some people jumped on the bandwagon to support this reporter if Quantic Dream was a Microsoft partner studio. Terrible response by Sony here.
We all know how it would go. How many people (including myself, i admit) were willing to condemn Microsoft for poor treatment of their studios when Scalebound got cancelled based on the concrete irrefutable evidence of absolutely nothing?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys. He has a pic of an Atari portable, that must mean he's a fanboy against Sony because reasons.

DQcs0XmXcAAlbNG.jpg:large

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading a thread on Sony's cash and capital situation being quite dire (and it was on Era, not on the old place), and half the responses were an unironic "but they sold 50 million consoles, how is this possible?"
Jesus, I'm kinda glad I didn't see that thread. Things must have been hard to witness considering some of the behavior I have seen in this very thread.

People, I know you might enjoy the products these corporations produce, I know Sony has provided me with plenty of good entertainment products over the years. But please don't think they are your personal friends, or that you have to defend them by discrediting other professionals when situations like these come to light. Please have some self respect.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Actually, seriously speaking, all these cries of FAKE NEWS and trying to discredit the reporter reeks a lot like stuff Trump supporters do. This is such a weird reaction, I just can't fathom why people are willing to do this.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony needs to come out ASAP and confront this. They could simply say, no he has not been blacklisted and quietly remove the blacklist. I believe he has indeed been blacklisted, but as long as Sony hasn't put anything in writing they can deny it and continue to provide them with review copies, etc. all is well. That would be the smart thing for Sony to do. They can't be that dumb.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of how journalism works as well.
sadly this is the times we live in, things get labeled fake based on nothing other than some people's feelings and that it contradicts their preconceived notions

I would love to see how fast some people jumped on the bandwagon to support this reporter if Quantic Dream was a Microsoft partner studio.
there certainly would have been less of a shit show than what is going on in this thread, most people would have been like "ok sure" and move on, and not attack a bona fide journalist's integrity based on a twitter avatar

Oh yeah? Knack and Blinx would like a word with you, Miss/Mr/Person/Sir!
the only thing a person with a knack avatar would be (rightfully) accused of is having good taste tbh

Oct 27, 2017
What does it actually accomplish though. If the accusations are true more people will come forward. They are literally pouring gasoline over the fire.

They can blacklist and bully small-time journalists all they want but what happens when they're investigated by a national reporter backed up by news conglomerates worth billions of dollars? How are they going to blacklist/bully that? e.g. someone working for CNN doesn't give a fuck if Sony blacklists them.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
All the fanboyism here and the Mario Avatar bullshit post made my evening.

Aparently some people here cannot accept that their favorite company did something they shouldn't have done in a situation like this.

TRN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Moon
Looking at his history on twitter this sound like a witch hunt for sony employees, he better have a lot of proof.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
The ignorance in this thread is staggering. An actual respected game journalist has been blacklisted for a triple sourced and researched report. He has no horse in the bullshit console war race, he got blacklisted because Sony is trying to minimize the damage from his expose (and failing spectacularly).

Anyone with even the slightest bit of knowledge about journalism would know to take this man seriously, but I suppose when glorified bloggers who shill for companies (which is sadly what passes for most of games journalism) is what you are mostly used to, it's hard to come to grips with actual journalism like in cases like this.
Well said. I'm in publishing myself, and everyone knows Le Monde has an excellent reputation. It wouldn't have published the story unless it was sourced and legitimate. Le Monde aren't in the business of puff pieces in exchange for swag and clicks.

The journalist has nothing to gain but everything to lose if he doesn't do his job properly. There are two sides to every story but the prima facie case is stacked against Cage et al at this (early) point.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I'm kinda glad I didn't see that thread. Things must have been hard to witness considering some of the behavior I have seen in this very thread.

People, I know you might enjoy the products these corporations produce, I know Sony has provided me with plenty of good entertainment products over the years. But please don't think they are your personal friends, or that you have to defend them by discrediting other professionals when situations like these come to light. Please have some self respect.
Fanboyism isn't rational, it's a base primal tribalism, and that's what we are seeing here.

Actually, seriously speaking, all these cries of FAKE NEWS and trying to discredit the reporter reeks a lot like stuff Trump supporters do. This is such a weird reaction, I just can't fathom why people are willing to do this.
That's because we're talking about a cult of personality in both cases- around Trump in the former, and around a company that has projected a certain brand and anthropomorphized image in the latter. That kind of tribalism leads to a sense of comfort and stability because of a feeling of belonging at a fundamental level that can be disrupted if it is undermined, which is why the easiest response in case of said undermining is to invalidate it entirely. Hence the year and a half of "FAKE NEWS", and now in this thread.

Ironically, this is also the response we see from members of cults and churches that are subject to exposes.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am almost sure he says that about the Sony France statement he couldn't get, while a side-media Gameblog had an official response. To stay mute is common for such company when legal stuff are engaged. For now not any Ducky PC or Mediapart journalist wrote something about blacklisting as retaliation.

They are two indpendent ad-less media and a potential blacklist could be annoying for Canard PC because they are specialized in videogames and hardware with a paper edition, while Le Monde is a big rich old beast and Mediapart a pure web-player investigation-focused magazine (they are not testing videogame).

I am 110% confident with both Mediapart and Canard PC revelations as they are well-known medias to produce legalproof papers and never lost in a court, while a bit skeptical about what he said in his tweet, or what it really imply in concrete, if it was just a sub-chief personaly angry about him or whatever.

For now I am just trying to understand where are the state of all legal actions between every parties engaged in the story because in the end its only what counts, and its really messy for now. And the statement of Sony was something really cold for QD like "deal with your own sh** and dont cross the line".

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a pretty natural move for Sony. Sony once made music CDs that secretly installed monitoring software on PCs, to prevent music copying.

They make good consoles and games but the higher ups there seems not necessarily very nice guys.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Looking at his history on twitter this sound like a witch hunt for sony employees, he better have a lot of proof.
Quantic Dream doesn't have any Sony employees. Even if you were right, which you aren't. Why would a reputable journalist working for one of the world's most reputable publications use his position to exercise, for some unknown motive, a personal vendetta against Sony, via one of their suppliers? Come on.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sadly this is the times we live in, things get labeled fake based on nothing other than some people's feelings and that it contradicts their preconceived notions
Absolutely. The Matrix Syndrome, really, if you're comfortable, why bother facing an uncomfortable truth?

Well said. I'm in publishing myself, and everyone knows Le Monde has an excellent reputation. It wouldn't have published the story unless it was sourced and legitimate. Le Monde aren't in the business of puff pieces in exchange for swag and clicks.

The journalist has nothing to gain but everything to lose if he doesn't do his job properly. There are two sides to every story but the prima facie case is stacked against Cage et al at this (early) point.
Yes, but sadly, the year and a half of screaming "FAKE NEWS" by a certain faction of people has brought us to this point. The damage done by Trump is more insidious, because even if we dismiss his ramblings at face value, inwardly, in a lot of people, a seed of doubt regarding the veracity of most sources has now been planted, even if they are well meaning, well informed people otherwise.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
All this thread has taught me is that console warriors will defend absolutely anything that comes between them and their golden console. Sickening.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People have ask for proof on twitter and he can't provide nothing, which means Fake News....Sad

tenor.gif
I would ordinarily say "is this satire", but I know enough of you from seeing your other posts over the last few weeks to know that it's not, and...
You used "fake news" unironically.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
What in seven hells is going on in this thread? Conspiracy theories about how they journalists are out to get them, really?
No review outlet or journalist gets a message or phone call saying they are blacklisted they have to work it out over a period of time.
From what I have been reading this is one of the largest publications in France so this might end up going places.

Last edited:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't surprise considering this isn't the first Sony studio to have issues come out in the press.