• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s your Platform of choice for Anthem?

• Xbox One X

Votes: 352 29.2%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 384 31.9%
  • PC

Votes: 468 38.9%

• Total voters

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
I did like 5 minutes of research and didn't find an answer so I was curious if anyone here knows.

Do we know what's the lead platform for Anthem? I have to guess it's the PS4 because of that userbase but to my understanding Bioware has more history working on the Xbox but that may just be my bias.

Also, bonus poll; what platform are you getting Anthem on?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably PC. That's what all the live streams have been done on and iirc it's because the people involved don't have access to in development console builds.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The ERA Anthem Discord is so far showing 56 PS4 players, 15 Xbox One players, and 45 PC players.

I'm going to be playing on PC personally, but it looks like PS4 will be the most popular platform.

Oct 27, 2017
I think this tweet from Mike Ybarra(Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Xbox) is pretty clear.
ld5Iqrj.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The ERA Anthem Discord is so far showing 56 PS4 players, 15 Xbox One players, and 45 PC players.

I'm going to be playing on PC personally, but it looks like PS4 will be the most popular platform.

Era not exactly a representative sample. That's more than 3.5:1 console favoring PS4 where even WW sales are more like 2:1. In addition PC share (microsoft Windows) is likely much higher than in outer world will be, at least I presume.

But for the purposes of this poll I suppose it is representative...

Edit: WTH weird poll. First off you only give choice "Xbox One X" rather than "Xbox" vs "PS4". This would seem to limit Xbox. Second, as of this second Xbox is winning nonetheless??

I'm sure Xbox One X is vastly overrepresented on Era vs normal world, but still.

To the question, I dont know but I dont think it matters anymore. They are almost the same platforms. Both the same CPU's and same GPU architecture. The only major difference is Vanilla Xbox ESRAM, but I imagine even that is fairly abstracted away by the driver layer. They are also mostly the same architecture as PC.

Lead platform was a big deal in Xbox 360/PS3 era. In that era you were dealing with different CPU architecture's, different GPU architecture's, and different memory topology. Mainly people wanted PS3 to lead IMO, as it was thought that was the way for a game to perform well on PS3's weird Cell CPU.

Now it's all X86 and same GPU architecture. Nobody will care too much who is lead platform.

If you mean who has the MARKETING deal, that's a different question, but you should phrase it as such.

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the OP asks one question, then completely undercuts getting answers with another.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be getting the game, but if I did it would be on PS4. My PC is slowly becoming outdated and the funds to do so are hidden somewhere beyond my salary.

NoTime

Oct 30, 2017
Were is my none option, BioWare completely didn't sell me on the game.
Waiting for that awesome soundtrack by Sarah :>

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do you mean which platform will have the most players? That should be the PS4 in like 99% of the cases.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised PC is number one as of this post. I'll be checking it out on PC too since I have Origin Premiere. Maybe that is why PC is so strong.

I'm guessing the target platform is the base PS4.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Without knowing much of anything. I'd just assume PC then a trickle through consoles from most powerful to least these days with how things are. I'm sure their are weird reasons for that not to be the case for a plethora of reasons. But in my head thats what I usually think lol.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be playing on Xbox One X but I mean, certainly the PC will look and run the best if you have the rig to do it. PS4 will probably bring in the most sales, as usual. ALL MY MAGIC GUESSWORK.

Oct 31, 2017
I'll be playing it on PC and PS4.

I want to play it mostly on PC but my friends list on PC is limited compared to PS4 so I'll probably spend more time on PS4 version.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
also yea as others have posted wtf op with a title like that and the poll being different. I responded to the title, not the poll. Totally different connotations. Hope thats the right word.

Oct 31, 2017
I did like 5 minutes of research and didn't find an answer so I was curious if anyone here knows.

Do we know what's the lead platform for Anthem? I have to guess it's the PS4 because of that userbase but to my understanding Bioware has more history working on the Xbox but that may just be my bias.

Also, bonus poll; what platform are you getting Anthem on?
I think PC is the lead platform. Sony isn't marketing it because MS has the marketing deal for it.