• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Could always be good news if someone else takes over the reigns, but we can only speculate. Games are more than the project lead anyway.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I know (wrongly) what role contributes to what aspect in say movies.
What does Lead Producer does in making games than financing. Isn't this was producer does.

Not poking holes here, genuinely asking.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
That's a shame. I was excited to play Anthem before the reviews hit. I'm surprised that it still hasn't been added to EA Access as some small effort to boost the player base/interest in the game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's probably going to Retro Studios. Retro's been doing a lot of hiring and Anthem's Senior UI joined Retro late last year.

Oct 27, 2017
RtOn.gif

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy for him. I know what it's like to join a company during its peak and slowly see it go downhill due to poor management and a changing industry.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"Man escapes freak accident unscathed" is another apt headline.

Really though, best of luck to him, hope he enjoys his new position. Anthem was/is a project constructed by a team, his influence did not damn the game and it couldn't have saved the game, Anthem is a beast far beyond one man.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
isn't ben irving the dude who told us that we have no idea how luck works? Basically the one guy that said the fans were wrong in that early Dev stream?

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Anthen is the Fail of this gen, there is no other game that comes close to this level of failure imo

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Yipes! I hope EA keeps BioWare open long enough so at least we can see how they've evolved the Dragon Age franchise...

Lt-47

Dec 1, 2017
No offence to the guy but he's track record isn't great and Schreier painted a pretty bad picture of him. I don't think Bioware is loosing much here...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. Best wishes to him, but I really hope this isn't a sign that EA is abandoning Anthem...

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Dang, yeah that's not ideal for Anthem. Best of luck to him with whatever he does. Granted, apparently he took the brunt of people complaining about the state of SWTOR for years, I can understand why he wouldn't want to deal with the Anthem hubub too.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Sad to see what happened with Anthem, but i hope EA doesn't close the studio, with the right people Bioware could be a killer studio again, just one game that didn't go right shouldn't mean much overall, but EA is EA.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Glad that he's able to hit the ground running with another company, as I wouldn't want him to be out of a job. But I wouldn't be surprised if EA encouraged him to move on from Bioware after the failure that was Anthem.