• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Light and Shadow | Star Guardian Animated Trailer - League of Legends

Sawano does it again. Fucking genius.

This is to promote a new set of skins on League of Legends.

By the way, let me take this opportunity to ask: why don't we see more LoL threads here on gaming side? I wasn't familiar with MOBA games, but my boyrfriend introduced me to LoL earlier this year and it's all I've been playing ever since. I freaking love it!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the look of the animation. They always knock it out of the park when it comes to these.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
why don't we see more LoL threads here on gaming side?

My theory would be: this forum appeals to people who have generalist gaming habits, since it has a lot of variety. Most people I know who play League play mostly or only League, so are better served by specific forums like the subreddit.

winkyface

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
My theory would be: this forum appeals to people who have generalist gaming habits, since it has a lot of variety. Most people I know who play League play mostly or only League, so are better served by specific forums like the subreddit.
I think it's less about interests and more about how ResetERA forums are structured. Most game specific discussion around online games such as LoL can be found in the Community subforums.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Three Houses.

I don't care for LoL, but if their fighting game looks anything like this, I'm in.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Man they go balls to the wall to sell skins. That was a great video. They've done some killer promo vids in the past.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a real Sawano song if there's no German gibberish in there. I did not understand a single word the singer sang, so it was neither German nor English I think? XD

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
You should check past song releases of LoL. They are mostly all amazing. Riot does a REALLY REALLY good job with music. Every big skin launch is always accompanied by an epic song.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was amazing. Riot nails it with most of their events.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish part of the budget went to make the Rakan and Xayah skins better

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I stopped playing League many years ago, I became addicted and I was ruining my relationship with my wife and son at the time.
Crazy I know, but it is the truth.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
this stuff is always so dope, i really can't wait for the mobile client

By the way, let me take this opportunity to ask: why don't we see more LoL threads here on gaming side? I wasn't familiar with MOBA games, but my boyrfriend introduced me to LoL earlier this year and it's all I've been playing ever since. I freaking love it!

it's not the most welcoming sub-community for LoL

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh wow this totally went past me! If they do the right thing and enable cross-progression and cross-play TFT then this will be incredible!

If they enable true cross-progression, it's a wrap. I think that's a very easy way to get tens of millions users to instantly jump into the mobile version.

I also hope it sticks, because apparently I have an insanely rare skin and I didn't even know it.

Damn... kind of making me want to redownload this.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
If they enable true cross-progression, it's a wrap. I think that's a very easy way to get tens of millions users to instantly jump into the mobile version.

I also hope it sticks, because apparently I have an insanely rare skin and I didn't even know it.

Damn... kind of making me want to redownload this.

Well it would be pretty foolish to not do it in my opinion. Players have hours upon hours poured into their accounts, many won't restart. And what skin is that?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well it would be pretty foolish to not do it in my opinion. Players have hours upon hours poured into their accounts, many won't restart. And what skin is that?

Right? I don't think this is supposed to pull new players to LoL, but rather offer that huge player base a new option to play.

When I was in college a million years ago, I bought a physical copy of League and got this Silver Kayle skin:

7ASXi2M.jpg

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Right? I don't think this is supposed to pull new players to LoL, but rather offer that huge player base a new option to play.

When I was in college a million years ago, I bought a physical copy of League and got this Silver Kayle skin:

7ASXi2M.jpg

Yeah exactly and it's not like they won't be expanding the playerbase eitherway ontop of it! Also wow I wasn't even aware this skin existed, it could be straight out of Dark Souls o.o

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Who animated this video? I assume they outsourced it.

Also I want SG Anne, Earth Bender and Gnar (Gnar as the lil pet magical girls have)

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Glad you dug the video, OP!

Sorry you didn't dig the video!
It's well produced, I just feel like everything is anime now. Probably confirmation bias though.
Yeah let them go back to their really generic setting when they first launched the game! Or you know, if it's not your cup of tea, maybe just wait for the next thing that interests you?
Happy to do that, but it seems to be split about 80% anime to non-anime stuff.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah exactly and it's not like they won't be expanding the playerbase eitherway ontop of it! Also wow I wasn't even aware this skin existed, it could be straight out of Dark Souls o.o

Yeah, it's dope and I'm 100% reinstalling. Like I said earlier - Vainglory & Arena of Valor (and even DOTA 2) all had their moments, but character kits just feel so much better in LoL. Having that for my commutes would be... next level bonkers.

Glad you dug the video, OP!

Great work as always. I'm certain you can't comment on it, but if you guys are working on that mobile LoL client, I hope you are considering cross-progression for character, skin, etc unlocks!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's dope and I'm 100% reinstalling. Like I said earlier - Vainglory & Arena of Valor (and even DOTA 2) all had their moments, but character kits just feel so much better in LoL. Having that for my commutes would be... next level bonkers.

Great work as always. I'm certain you can't comment on it, but if you guys are working on that mobile LoL client, I hope you are considering cross-progression for character, skin, etc unlocks!

I feel you, I tried many MOBAs but LoL is the only one I stuck with, aside from Master X Master but that had a tragic fate :( But yeah TFT and LoL everywhere would be next level bonkers, well said :P

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The scene at 1:06 was hilarious to me. All I could think about when I saw that was PATHS from attack on titan. It doesn't help that they share the same composer lol.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Riot is a cancer of a company. Regardless of what you think of League, some of us refuse to support them.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I love how every League of Legends cinematic is in different style. Loved this one even though I'm not sure what was going on but the music was amazing... chills.