• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that it's broken, it's that you're used to another system. Really they should've had constant rewards after each game in terms of currency. So they're doing just that, they're doing the HotS path of getting you a little tiny bit after each game(in hots its like, 25 gold, which CAN be used to reroll chests, here it's 50 BE..)
They literally said it was broken. I know how HotS works and the implementation here is a poor imitation that understands none of what makes the HotS stuff tolerable. HotS is still built primarily on earning champions through regular income earned primarily though daily quests. League has no regular income implemented into a system or a logical path to earn new characters and they just went, "Oh, whoops! Forgot about that." The containers do not even work in the same way that they do in HotS. Instead they built an entire system built around disenchanting stuff that new players do not even understand the value of.

And for all of these changes what problem is really solved? You don't have to waste IP on runes and earn rates are marginally improved....okay? Does not really change that most of the cast is inaccessible to newer players and climbing that hill is just a tedious path that doesn't even feel rewarding.

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, can't argue with that. so far this new system does feel pretty pointless, instead of earning IP every game you earn XP, but in the end it results in the same champion unlocking experience as before, a grind.

also i don't think making runes free should count as a benefit of the new leveling system as rito tries to make it sound, as if it was something that depended on leveling and capsules and such. even then, making runes free is not really a big win for us, they just removed an objectively defective, outdated and unfun system that only nev liked lol. it's nice that they did it, but it's not really positive, it's just removing an objectively negative aspect of the game...

i do think the extra shards make it so that you're a bit more tempted to buy champions you otherwise wouldn't. like, yesterday i just bought illaoi cos she was 3900 ip, but i dunno if that's something to be specially happy about?

Gold

Oct 27, 2017
this new system is really bad, sad that you cant just buy a skin with blue essence. greedy tencent/ riot. glad i dont play this game anymore.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They literally said it was broken. I know how HotS works and the implementation here is a poor imitation that understands none of what makes the HotS stuff tolerable. HotS is still built primarily on earning champions through regular income earned primarily though daily quests. League has no regular income implemented into a system or a logical path to earn new characters and they just went, "Oh, whoops! Forgot about that." The containers do not even work in the same way that they do in HotS. Instead they built an entire system built around disenchanting stuff that new players do not even understand the value of.

And for all of these changes what problem is really solved? You don't have to waste IP on runes and earn rates are marginally improved....okay? Does not really change that most of the cast is inaccessible to newer players and climbing that hill is just a tedious path that doesn't even feel rewarding.

*shrug*

Its a step forward. Everyone knows I'm pro HotS way of doing it and want Rito to fully copy it.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
*shrug*

Its a step forward. Everyone knows I'm pro HotS way of doing it and want Rito to fully copy it.
so far i'm undecided if it's a step forward

slow drip of IP wasn't stellar but it was simple to understand and completely player controlled

this new system has multiple difficulty curves, randomized and delayed rewards, requires you to disenchant shards to get BE instead of "just getting it" and is overall more complicated

i haven't seen it have much of an impact on my games aside from compulsing me to play one more aram game i didn't want to play cos i was 1 XP from leveling up

I believe it is... First drive-by in the new era...
if neogaf was anything to go by, it's just the first of many!

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017
this new system is really bad, sad that you cant just buy a skin with blue essence. greedy tencent/ riot. glad i dont play this game anymore.

You've never been able to buy skins with BE/IP. Riot would make no money if they allowed that. You can still unlock skins with orange essence if you get the shard though.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
so far i'm undecided if it's a step forward

slow drip of IP wasn't stellar but it was simple to understand and completely player controlled

this new system has multiple difficulty curves, randomized and delayed rewards, requires you to disenchant shards to get BE instead of "just getting it" and is overall more complicated

i haven't seen it have much of an impact on my games aside from compulsing me to play one more aram game i didn't want to play cos i was 1 XP from leveling up

In general I can agree at least in part with both of you.

It is a step forward...in a few ways. Leveling concept seems good in general (although it needs work imo, HotS implemented it a bit better by coupling it to champions instead of some nebulous curve) and the new rune/talent replacements are pretty solid (the choices feel actual, although mathematicians might prove this incorrect after enough number crunching).

But the system in general *is* pretty confusing and convoluted for no discernible benefit that I can see. Blue essence/orange essence and how they differ, key fragments and how they are completely random, chests we can't open (that doesn't feel like I "won" anything tbh), gemstones, skin shards, champion shards and how sometimes they are used for one thing or another but not consistently (I can buy a skin with Blue essence except when I can't!), and so on. And I'm one of the people that will mess around and see what does what and have been for years, more casual people who just want to log in and get started or play a match might have a rough time once they actually open their loot tab.

Do the different aspects of the loot system get worked on by different teams? Cause I feel like their should be some cohesion that just isn't there right now, especially since not everything about it is new.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
At this point I think it wil be an emote.

Rito has said they don't want to make it too lame that it feels bad for the ones that gets it and also not too cool that it feels bad for the people not getting it.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
the interface for editing runes in champ select really lives a lot to be desired. it doesn't remember if u set it to grid mode or detailed stats, it covers the whole screen so you can't tell which champions have been picked or if you locked in already, sometimes it just randomly assigns you a different page for no real reason and once i had to desperately close like 3 random popups before locking in because idk

it's pretty bad

Last edited:

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think it wil be an emote.

Rito has said they don't want to make it too lame that it feels bad for the ones that gets it and also not too cool that it feels bad for the people not getting it.

they need to make it a moneybag skin

Thresh but he's swinging around a gold necklace with a bag of money at the end of it.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
played a game of illaoi, she's pretty fun in lane, later on not so much, but big, explosive combos with her ult feel real heavy and meaty

i might start playing her a bunch toplane when i get stuck with that

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm, did the honor ward rewards go out? I keep seeing people use them but haven't received mine.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what happened to the RPs?

EDIT:

Oh, blue stuff can work on certain convenient items....yeah...no.

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to the RPs?

EDIT:

Oh, blue stuff can work on certain convenient items....yeah...no.
RP serves the same purpose as before, and IP is now just called BE, that's it

the store is there for folks like myself who have more IP than they know what to do with so we can just spend it on something

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
20171103134701_75970.big.jpg

rito figured getting better and better

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Rito just blessed me... I got a loot-box through leveling up my mastery rank while getting my win of the day. It had a Galio shard and 150 BE, so I didn't have to wait, I swear you can't make this stuff up...

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out my account got hacked at some point in the past year and then got banned.
So.. That's perfect customer service right there.
i've had a friend go through their account getting hacked and he solved it with rito support and my friend had fucked it up in every way possible

rito support is ace, if u can't access ur account just get in touch with them over twitter or something

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...ot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=leagueoflegends

Interesting post on the current state of the rune system and whether or not individual keystones are overpowered. Definitely worth a read.
i'm kind of surprised aery is so strong but i guess i hadn't read that the cooldown is only like 2s

def gonna switch to that, having 3 points in domination feels really sucky on mages and comet is just lame

also i really dislike electrocute

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Lol damn. We're they able to recover it for you?
Nope. Only way I figured out I had been hacked was by looking at my summoner profile online and seeing that I was apparently playing ranked matches in June on an account I haven't logged in on over a year.
Judging by their form letter saying it's my fault, and I'm a naughty, naughty hacker I don't think they're going to do much.

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Nope. Only way I figured out I had been hacked was by looking at my summoner profile online and seeing that I was apparently playing ranked matches in June on an account I haven't logged in on over a year.
Judging by their form letter saying it's my fault, and I'm a naughty, naughty hacker I don't think they're going to do much.

That's pretty lame.