• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
did they close your support ticket? if they didn't i would continue to talk to them, they're very reasonable in my experience

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All my complaints about LoL would be gone if they gave away free skins like HotS does.

Right? They already do chromas.

Now hear me out. Each "chest" you get when you level uo in League has a chroma skin. But you dont need to own the skin in order to use the chroma. That way the amount of atuff you can collect mutiples by like, 5.

Also make chromas for every skin. That way a player will always have something new to earn by playing

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've been ringing the 'chromas are a great IP dump/reward for mastery/reward for leveling up' bell for years.

Ever

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that Resolve is an overpowered tree in general.

Basically. Because of all the resolve tree masteries providing so many free stats, it's even harder than normal to bully tanks out of lane, meaning they're close to un-killable by mid game. You can see that as a lot of bruiser win rates are pretty low right now (Renekton ._.), so if they can't bully, then who can? Personally. I think the resolve tree (aside from Guardian) needs to be nerfed a bit, Cleaver needs to go back to 5% shred per stack, and be given a unique 20% CDR. Tanks already get so much health from the tree for free, and health rates on items have slowly been climbing back up after the initial tank items rework threw tanks into the trash can several months ago.

All the squishy champs don't benefit at all from taking defense masteries. Whatever they do get from taking these masteries, isn't worth the loss in damage. Even then by taking damage masteries, they lose out on tank stats, especially early, making squishies even squishier and making it so easy burst champs and snowball lanes heavily. The lack of +9 Armor/MR from a standard rune page, I feel it almost every game I play a non-tank.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...ot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=leagueoflegends

Interesting post on the current state of the rune system and whether or not individual keystones are overpowered. Definitely worth a read.
Who wrote this? Like actually lol. You can't just judge the power of a mastery by the winrate of a champ using it. You can't look at Yorick and say, "Undying must be overpowered because look at how high his winrate is on this compared to everything else!!!". It's the only usable mastery for him on the tree and good players are naturally going to pick that over others.

OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to judge runes on a single champion. There will always be exceptions. Remember Yasuo and Warlord's?

OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I found out I messed up on getting champions. I bought the remaining 6300 champions instead of doing the Random Champions box for 3900 BE.... *sigh*... RIP.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
When does the free champion rotation unlock? I do not understand....hit ten on my smurf and still locked to the most boring and weird set of champs in the world. I cannot process what the intent is here....

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Who wrote this? Like actually lol. You can't just judge the power of a mastery by the winrate of a champ using it. You can't look at Yorick and say, "Undying must be overpowered because look at how high his winrate is on this compared to everything else!!!". It's the only usable mastery for him on the tree and good players are naturally going to pick that over others.
yeah, i feel like the post would be way more useful if it had a less aggressive tone in its conclusion-drawing and was more about surfacing the interesting first bits of data

Right? They already do chromas.

Now hear me out. Each "chest" you get when you level uo in League has a chroma skin. But you dont need to own the skin in order to use the chroma. That way the amount of atuff you can collect mutiples by like, 5.

Also make chromas for every skin. That way a player will always have something new to earn by playing
if anything i would hope they made less chromas

some skins are really hard to tell apart as it is and it just waters skins down i feel, makes them less unique and special

hit up a support rioter on twitter, and grab some evidence

they've sorted that same issue for a friend of mine a while back, you should try a bit more

Last edited:

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, i feel like the post would be way more useful if it had a less aggressive tone in its conclusion-drawing and was more about surfacing the interesting first bits of data

some skins are really hard to tell apart as it is and it just waters skins down i feel, makes them less unique and special

Zky the skins are already less unique since like half of them are references to something else.(like Splatoon Zoe)

Oct 28, 2017

hit up a support rioter on twitter, and grab some evidence

they've sorted that same issue for a friend of mine a while back, you should try a bit more
Not sure what evidence I can give other than telling them I haven't played in over a year.

Matriox

Oct 26, 2017
I found out I messed up on getting champions. I bought the remaining 6300 champions instead of doing the Random Champions box for 3900 BE.... *sigh*... RIP.
I tried to do this when I came back to the game and 4 new Champs came out, it gave me an error saying you can only use the random champ box if you don't have 10 or more (if it's anything like the Rp random champ box prepatch*).

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
DOirHDJWkAABV8K.jpg

this vayne skin just cannot get any cooler

Zky the skins are already less unique since like half of them are references to something else.(like Splatoon Zoe)
that's dumb, lots of league skins are referential (as are skins in every game), that doesn't mean they're not unique, specially because they take a lot of effort to do their own twist on the concept they're referencing

plus, we're talking about unique in the context of league, not all pop culture breezy...

Not sure what evidence I can give other than telling them I haven't played in over a year.
you can present them some info like players you played with, champions you bought with ip or rp, etc.

there's no way rito is gonna hang you out to dry if u try and help them

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to take this moment to give an analysis of the support item Spelltheif's edge and its viability on mana-hungry jglers as a first back item. I will also be going over how its passive effects play a major role in the Knights of the Reform vs the Streamer Trio game of Poki/Lili/Destiny.

Part 1: Spelltheif's edge and its alternatives.

Spellthief's edge is the 350gld item that provides 10ap, 25% base mana regen, 2gld per minute and the bandit, along with the tribute passive.

clip_image001.png

In previous seasons, the mana hungry jungler would buy the 250gld hunters potion in order to keep a healthy mana pool in the jg. 400gld if one chose to take 3 potions into the jg instead of the standard refillable, which was situational in certain matchups like Amumu vs Lee sin.

With the advent of preseason, Riot has given a new tool in the mana jglers arsenal in the form of Manaflow band. Manaflow band refunds the cost of the next ability used every 60 seconds and restores 8% of missing mana or energy. This mitigates the need for mana in the jg somewhat, but in my experience with a multitude of jglers, this doesn't completely fix the issue of running of mana. But combined with the scaling effect of the Edge, mana issues become must less of an issue.

Let us first observe the benefits of running hunters potion, and the statistics it provides. Hunters potion provides a total of 300health and 175mana in all 5 charges over 40sec. The passive recharges every time to kill a large monster.

clip_image001.png

Compare this to the 150gld refillable potion which restores 250health in 2 charges over 24 seconds. This means for an extra 250 gld, you gain 175+35/camp mana but sacrifice health regeneration speed of 10.24hp/sec for 7.5hp/sec. This may not seem like much. But keep in mind that the hunters potion IS 250gld more expensive than the refillable potion.

For 100 more gld compared to the hunters potion you gain the following stats.

-25% base mana regen

-10ap

-Bandit passive (3gld per ranged attack on champs/10gld per melee on a 5sec cd per champ)

-Tribute passive (Damaging spells and attacks on enemy champions with an attack or spell grants 10gld per hit on a 1.25 sec cd. Up to 3 charges, recharging every 10 sec. Killing enemy minions will put this on cd for 8sec per minion. Hitting champions and buildings will also deal 13dmg with the use of 1 charge.

-Finally, 2gld/min.
In raw stats alone, it is 98% gold efficient, without its passives.

Let us try to understand the mentality of a jgler who is on the first back. They will usually be lvl 4-5 after clearing 5 camps and and will have tried to attempt a gank at one of their lanes. In 70% of my games where the gank has failed I still end up with around 900~1050gld, depending on crabs and camps. Here they have options.

A. Complete smite, grab boots and control ward (1025gld)

B. Bami's cinder, control ward (975gld)

C. Complete smite, grab tier3 jg component (950-1000-1050-1085gld depending on BR,WR,CH,RE)

As a mana hungry jgler that may not run Manaflow band (warwick etc) there is often a

D. Complete smite, Hunter Potion, Control ward (975gld) or

E. Get T2 jg component,boots,Hunters potion,Control ward (975gld

Here I would like to introduce the presence of a 5-6th option, taken right around the 4:50 to 5:30 mark of

F. Spellthief's edge, Complete smite (1000gld) and

G. Spellthief's edge, boots,T2 jg component (1000gld)

At level 5, (with or without Manaflow band), Spellthief's edge grants you a range of ~2.5 to 2.8 mana per 5sec, and it scales into the game (more on this later), 218gld worth of ability power and the passives mentioned above.

WITH EVERY GANK, STARTING NOW, you will be able to make back at LEAST 20gld if you hit an enemy champion just once, up to 60gld if you proc all your charges of edge and bandit applies twice (melee assumed). In my ganks, I never had an instance where the gank failed to provide at least 2 procs granting me about 40gld or about 1/3gld of a camp gold value at this point, AS WELL AS 26 additional mg dm, which can also amplified by our favorite rune, sudden impact. Mind you these values will not include any additional dmg the 10ap from the item will have given you, but even with the 20ap amplifying tome, unless you have a bonus ap ratio of 1.3, you will not deal an extra 26 on avg (assuming magic dmg ap ratio) mg dmg.

Now normally, I would end there. But we have one crucial component to Spellthief's edge that we haven't covered yet. The upgrade to Frostfang.

Part 2: Frostfang.

clip_image001.png

I've already explained the potential benefits of the Edge. Let's run the stats on Frostfang.

-10% Cdr

-10ap compared to edge

-additional 25% base mana regen.

Without ANY of the previous aforementioned passives, the Frostfang is a whopping 112% gold efficient, and is 500gld more than the edge. For this 500gld, you gain a total increase of 609gld of stats, AND an additional 5gld and 5dmg off every tribute proc. This is incredibly amazingly gold efficient and a medium power spike for a low low price.

WHAT'S MORE YOU ASK???

The Queen's Tribute questline is unlocked when you buy the Frostfang. If you have made 750gld on the combined collection of the bandit mastery/tribute procs/and the passive gld per 10, you unlock the following ability.

-50%. That's right 50% of BONUS movement speed for 1 second with a tribute proc, with additional procs of tribute extending the duration. It's essentially a mini phase rush that you can proc with 1 attack. How valuable is sticking power in a gank to a jgler? How good is that 50% ms with celerity?

Given a base ms of 300, 5% is 15 Ad, while 8% is 24 ap, or a 475gld/522gld value for 1 sec that you can extend, after every proc (Celerity only)

All this value on a 850Gld item is just…amazing. And an early game Spelltheif's edge is necessarily to hit these values ASAP.

Part 3: The Knights of Reform

As soon as I learn how to send replay files properly I will deliver multiple games as a source.

Let us observe (Newt,Talents,Calvero can confirm my values in their own replays as well) the Knights of the Reform game vs The Stream Trio+2 Masters.

At 5:30, I make my first back and buy Spellthief's edge. My gold lead to kindred at this point is 140gld. Observe how that changes as I make my first gank with the new item. At 5:58, I run into Callie with a gold lead of a measly 30gld. Right before Marie is slain, my gld lead has jumped to 70gld, due to the effects of the passives mentioned above, without having to farm. At 7:14, I have a gold lead of around 408 gld thanks to the kill up top lane. I have not yet procced the edge passive within this time. Right before Draven is slain by me, this gld lead increases to 430 thanks to the single tribute charge and bandit passive.

5 min post edge buy, at 10:30, I have made a total of 217gld with Spellthief's passives alone. At 12 min, I upgrade to Frostfang.

At 15:30, The gold I have made from Frostfang's passive is a whopping 518gld.

At 19:55, I have gained the passive, Queen's Tribute. Which allows me to gain celerity stats and Hecarim passive stats.

At 27:50, as I sell the item, I have gained an incredible total of 1379gld from Frostfangs passives and it has helped me in a multitude of ganks/teamfights/and objective control. Thanks to the passive damage and the stat boosts mentioned earlier.

Compare this to Talentz' Morgana who has made 1560gld with HIS edge line passives around this time.

Part 4: Conclusion

In conclusion….The Spelltheif Edge into Frostfang combo as a jgler is a very efficient and almost broken gold investment for the early damage in your ganks early on that scales well into the late game. However, the gold it provides is not nearly efficient enough for a manaless jgler as a first buy item. I believe I best demonstrated the potential power of this item in the KoRM game vs the Streamer Trio.

Not only does it assist with mana problems in the jg, but scalers far better than the alternative, Hunter's Potion

Special Thanks for Newt,Calvero,Talentz for giving me such a great opportunity to demonstrate the power of this item

Mention to Stone Ocean for bringing the topic up in the first place, allowing me to experiment and get data.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
3bkeNBA.png

got annie, rammus, alistar and janna on a level up shard

the fuck is wrong with this dumb ass system lol

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

You get champs worth at least 720 BE so the game just gave you a handful of garbage to sell lol
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
Fresh

Oct 28, 2017
What pisses me off the most is that I didn't get an email from Riot when my account was stolen. Or when I was banned. Hell, literally every other online service I use has two factor authentication, or bugs me when I log in from a new location to make sure I am actually the person using the account. The way I found out was by looking at my summoner profile match history and seeing that the account was apparently playing ranked matches in June. I've never even played a game of ranked in all the years I was playing LoL. The last match I played was over a year ago.

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017
What pisses me off the most is that I didn't get an email from Riot when my account was stolen. Or when I was banned. Hell, literally every other online service I use has two factor authentication, or bugs me when I log in from a new location to make sure I am actually the person using the account. The way I found out was by looking at my summoner profile match history and seeing that the account was apparently playing ranked matches in June. I've never even played a game of ranked in all the years I was playing LoL. The last match I played was over a year ago.

I know it doesn't help you now but supposedly devs have stated that 2FA is coming in early 2018.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
You get champs worth at least 720 BE so the game just gave you a handful of garbage to sell lol

Fresh
yeah, it totally reminded me of this other very satisfying experience

overwatch-loot2-1200x590.jpg

my friend had a similar problem

it's a really bad security problem riot has, they should just send u an email if u log in from a new computer, that shouldn't be too difficult for them to do and would really save people a lot of trouble

Oct 26, 2017
So far I like the new system. Leveling past 30 is fun. As weird as it is though, I wish it was a kind of leveling system where after the game it shows your bar slowly up after a match. Like it goes "first win of the day!" And it wooshes into the bar. And it could break down your previous match so you can see how your overall performance played into your earned XP, and it wooshed on in there too. I dunno...just make it more fun.

Elder Scrolls Online does it every time I log on. Literally everybody except Riot decided account security was important, I guess!
Maybe don't set your password as password1. (I kid, I kid)

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
the runes stats page in match history is pretty useful, but i wish there was a way to aggregate it to get some more concrete data from it

i think i really like manaflow band and nullifying orb, while losing on those extra ults hurts, i feel like the stronger early game of those first two is pretty strong and it feels a bit necessary on some champions like ori who feel like they struggle for mana without it

summon aery on ori also feels pretty decent, i checked the dmg/shielding numbers and it's pretty on par with the other runes while being stupid easy to trigger. same on lux, it doesn't feel like you deal less damage than electrocute and seeing the numbers over the games it's that's kind of accurate

overall i keep thinking that all of the mage runes feel like clear downgrades from last season, with maybe the exception of stormraiders which is now a lot more reliable to proc. the rest just feel really underwhelming and thoughtless. where thunderlords used to have an element of mind gaming your opponent to see who can get that one extra auto, here you just dump all ur spells on them and wish for the best. or where thunderlords had some unique interactions with champions like lux, every champion uses electrocute the exact same way. i'm not sure which niche comet is supposed to cater to, and stormraiders feels kind of worthless in lane thanks to the scaling ms

meh, i want real thunderlords back, and i want comet gone and replaced by a mastery that actually drives good gameplay

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you are looking for some out of the box masteries for ADC, try Glacial Augment Vayne, Kleptomancy Draven and Summon Aery Sivir. I've tested all of them and they work well.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
simple version of the BE system is that instead of getting IP every game you now get 30. you can level infinitely beyond 30 and every time you level you get champion shards equating to about 800 BE, give or take. idea is you disenchant those champions for BE to buy whichever champion you want, or if you're lucky and get a champion shard for a champion you're looking to buy you just unlock them at a discount

also first win of the day now gives extra exp, and in the future a little bit of BE too

so right now it's per level but they're going to patch it so you receive 150 for first win of the day(Or was it 50?).

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
hm. they should make the rewards a lil higher if it is done per level and first win. sometimes a player only needs a couple games to unlock that champ or w.e.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
The new rune system has helped Ornn out... The biscuit delivery helps keep him from having to back by giving him substantial healing and a mana boost (Plus future's market is really trolly on him).

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
ornn is bs right now. they keep buffing him. this ornn in my game was 1vs2 and actually winning at low health.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
hm. they should make the rewards a lil higher if it is done per level and first win. sometimes a player only needs a couple games to unlock that champ or w.e.
the idea is that the BE you get from your first win will serve that purpose

also you probably won't need to play just a couple games anymore since instead of a slow 100 IP drip you now get like 800 every two or three days

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the idea is that the BE you get from your first win will serve that purpose

also you probably won't need to play just a couple games anymore since instead of a slow 100 IP drip you now get like 800 every two or three days

which actually equates to balancing itself out. How many games does it take to level up? 10? 15? 80-120 IP matches out.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
overall i keep thinking that all of the mage runes feel like clear downgrades from last season, with maybe the exception of stormraiders which is now a lot more reliable to proc. the rest just feel really underwhelming and thoughtless. where thunderlords used to have an element of mind gaming your opponent to see who can get that one extra auto, here you just dump all ur spells on them and wish for the best. or where thunderlords had some unique interactions with champions like lux, every champion uses electrocute the exact same way. i'm not sure which niche comet is supposed to cater to, and stormraiders feels kind of worthless in lane thanks to the scaling ms

meh, i want real thunderlords back, and i want comet gone and replaced by a mastery that actually drives good gameplay
How was TLD more thoughtful when it was much easier to proc with multi hitting abilities doing your work for you? If you don't have one of those Electrocute works the exact same way and if you did TLD was the very definition of braindead, free damage.

Comet is meant for spammy/poke mages, problem is its undertuned as fuck so might as well take Aery.