• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 13, 2017
ornn is bs right now. they keep buffing him. this ornn in my game was 1vs2 and actually winning at low health.

Yeah, I've actually won my lane outright with Ornn against Gnar, who should have shat on me. Then I proceeded to 1v3, and got two kills out of it.

Ornn is disgustingly broken right now and they really need to address some of his damage, such as a nerf to his brittle damage or a cooldown nerf on his ult.

Nov 13, 2017
The new rune system has helped Ornn out... The biscuit delivery helps keep him from having to back by giving him substantial healing and a mana boost (Plus future's market is really trolly on him).

Personally I think the Inspiration Tree is a bit underwhelming for Ornn. I prefer Sorcery cause Scorch is a lot of additional damage to add onto his Bellow's Breath and Transcendence/Ultimate Hat is vital as his ult is obnoxious in teamfights.

His items are low cost that Future's Market would be wasted. He's not really going for an expensive item like Triforce.

Oct 28, 2017
My options are apparently a) start fresh on a new account without any of the shit I've bought over the years or b) never play again.
b) is looking pretty good right about now.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
How was TLD more thoughtful when it was much easier to proc with multi hitting abilities doing your work for you? If you don't have one of those Electrocute works the exact same way and if you did TLD was the very definition of braindead, free damage.

Comet is meant for spammy/poke mages, problem is its undertuned as fuck so might as well take Aery.
that's just like morgana or mf, most champions don't have multi hitting abilities and so you had fun standoffs around who can proc thunderlords without the opponent proccing theirs

it wasn't braindead, you could play around it if you paid attention to cooldowns, which was fun. aery is braindead

maybe the problem i'm seeing is that not many people use electrocute, so that fun standoff thing is missing, and was replaced by these garbage runes like aery or comet which are actually stupid and unfun as hell

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
that's just like morgana or mf, most champions don't have multi hitting abilities and so you had fun standoffs around who can proc thunderlords without the opponent proccing theirs

it wasn't braindead, you could play around it if you paid attention to cooldowns, which was fun. aery is braindead

maybe the problem i'm seeing is that not many people use electrocute, so that fun standoff thing is missing, and was replaced by these garbage runes like aery or comet which are actually stupid and unfun as hell
Well yeah, I can understand that playing around TLD was fun. I'm just saying it's not a keystone problem, its Aery being fucking asinine thats the current issue.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, I can understand that playing around TLD was fun. I'm just saying it's not a keystone problem, its Aery being fucking asinine thats the current issue.
it's a mix of things. yeah aery is overtuned and stupid but comet is really fucking lame and they heavily nerfed stormraiders and domination just feels poop for mages since half those runes don't do anything for you so speccing into electrocute just forces you into a bunch of bad choices

also i think they changed the vfx and sound effect for thunderlords for a much lamer one, but not sure

Oct 28, 2017
Well, would have liked to play LoL again but it seems that Riot's customer service has decided to essentially tell me "lol so long sucker".
Not that I had totally spent hundreds of dollars on my account over the years or anything. Nope. Not me.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's like almost the same vfx but red instead of blue
idk it looks more muted to me, doesn't have the same satisfying oomph

Well, would have liked to play LoL again but it seems that Riot's customer service has decided to essentially tell me "lol so long sucker".
Not that I had totally spent hundreds of dollars on my account over the years or anything. Nope. Not me.
did u try reaching to some other rioter on twitter?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
that sucks, i'm surprised, i've seen rito support solve much bigger screwups than yours in the past

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Personally I think the Inspiration Tree is a bit underwhelming for Ornn. I prefer Sorcery cause Scorch is a lot of additional damage to add onto his Bellow's Breath and Transcendence/Ultimate Hat is vital as his ult is obnoxious in teamfights.

His items are low cost that Future's Market would be wasted. He's not really going for an expensive item like Triforce.

Yeah, I don't normally play future's market on Ornn, I only do it when I'm just messing around. As for the Sorcery tree, I'll have to try that out... My current build is:
Resolve (Grasp, Demolish, Conditioning, Overgrowth) and Inspiration (Biscuit Delivery, Celestial Body)

I've found this set gives him enough sustain in-lane that he doesn't have to back often. While the enemy has to recall to get items or heal, Ornn can get his items and take turrets with Demolish. Your build sounds more offensively oriented, and Ultimate Hat is a good fit on Ornn... I''l give it a go and see.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried Glacial augment on ADCs yet? I feel like it could be a strong choice on champions like Cait or Vayne. I've tried it on Teemo and it was ok, but the sorcery keystones are frankly better.

I'm also really enjoying Teemo support with the Ultimate Hat and CDR items. You can build a disgusting amount of mushrooms around the map very quickly.

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, I don't normally play future's market on Ornn, I only do it when I'm just messing around. As for the Sorcery tree, I'll have to try that out... My current build is:
Resolve (Grasp, Demolish, Conditioning, Overgrowth) and Inspiration (Biscuit Delivery, Celestial Body)

I've found this set gives him enough sustain in-lane that he doesn't have to back often. While the enemy has to recall to get items or heal, Ornn can get his items and take turrets with Demolish. Your build sounds more offensively oriented, and Ultimate Hat is a good fit on Ornn... I''l give it a go and see.

I say that rune set up is great for lanes where it's not a favourable match-up for Ornn, such as champions that can avoid the full damage of Ornn's Bellow Breath or punish him heavily for trying to proc the Brittle damage. You might as well out sustain the enemy instead and use Ornn's waveclear to exploit that.

You know, Riot could not have worse customer support. Sure love getting told it's my fault my account information was stolen.

Personally I never liked Riot's permanent ban policies, especially with how they approach it.

Granted I should stop being a toxic shit in the first place which resulted in a permabanned account, but you know, I don't want to take too much responsibility for my own actions.

Nov 13, 2017
what is this logic...

Basically, I have my own selfish reasons for being against Riot's permaban policies so my statement should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But I can understand how harmful their policies can be towards people like bonkasaurus and suggest that Riot should change their approach differently..

...or not be asshats about it and say "Shit luck, your loss", especially when they didn't have 2 factor verifications for years.

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried Glacial augment on ADCs yet? I feel like it could be a strong choice on champions like Cait or Vayne. I've tried it on Teemo and it was ok, but the sorcery keystones are frankly better.

I'm also really enjoying Teemo support with the Ultimate Hat and CDR items. You can build a disgusting amount of mushrooms around the map very quickly.
Yeah, I like it on Vayne.

Personally I never liked Riot's permanent ban policies, especially with how they approach it.

Granted I should stop being a toxic shit in the first place which resulted in a permabanned account, but you know, I don't want to take too much responsibility for my own actions.
Lmao wtf is this.

Nov 13, 2017
but are you reformed

thats what really matters

I mean, I don't talk in chat much, so really, I just ignore everyone. If I get angry, I avoid ranked like the plague until I feel better.

I feel like being shitty to other people doesn't solve the issue and it just results in you earned skins being lost forever

Especially when my first account have all champions, a lot of skins and all 20 rune pages. So rip.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, I have my own selfish reasons for being against Riot's permaban policies so my statement should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But I can understand how harmful their policies can be towards people like bonkasaurus and suggest that Riot should change their approach differently..

...or not be asshats about it and say "Shit luck, your loss", especially when they didn't have 2 factor verifications for years.
you got legitimately banned for being toxic by your own account, there's no relation whatsoever with bonkasaurus' issue which is account security related, don't try to mix two unrelated issues

lack of 2FA is bad, but that's not an issue with punishments but security...

Nov 13, 2017
you got legitimately banned for being toxic by your own account, there's no relation whatsoever with bonkasaurus' issue which is account security related, don't try to mix two unrelated issues

lack of 2FA is bad, but that's not an issue with punishments but security...

My bad with the statement.

But oh well, I'll put that one to bed and move on.

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, we're all reformed here. Some could say we're even a union of reformed players.

Nov 13, 2017
I'm waiting for the game where it's like Pre season 6 Thunderlords meta, just with Summon Aery instead and every champion runs it.

Ever

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

And I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know,

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bruisers are soooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

and it makes me so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...ot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=leagueoflegends

There's just no decent keystones to take for bruisers ever since PTA got changed. Many of them used to live off the bonus AD they got from fervor, now it's impossible to trade through tanks because you can't punch through their sustain without even having any AD. AS is okay, but it's pretty mediocre early esp since most bruiser don't really build AS unless you're going like Triforce, and even then it's mediocre compared to the raw DPS that ADCs have. Now as a bruiser it's impossible to build a lead and stretch it across the map because you get outscaled as tanks build free stats far too quickly.

So now you have to take defensive masteries because if you don't, you either get poked down by obnoxious garbage like PTA Gnar, or outscaled by random tank #111. It's necessary, just to be able to actually trade effectively, which is honestly ridiculous. If you take defensive masteries like grasp, you might as well just pick a tank then. At the moment, fighters have no place in the game, they just can't stat up effectively to deal with the min-maxing of other champ roles, and are getting left out to dry. Hoepfully Riot does something, whether it's Cleaver buffs, base stat buffs, a new keystone, or something, because losing trades as Renekton to Nautilus is pretty ridiculous.

And I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know...

Nov 13, 2017
3db15a040d7b33f6220e3e6ac1fd49ad.png

Well this happened. I don't know whether I should feel dirty or not.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had Locked In but it turns out I didn't; got booted and given a wait time. Was right after saying that both my fave Supps got banned, which I fear made it look on purpose. :/

That won't have an effect on my Provisionals, will it?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had Locked In but it turns out I didn't; got booted and given a wait time. Was right after saying that both my fave Supps got banned, which I fear made it look on purpose. :/

That won't have an effect on my Provisionals, will it?
don't worry, dodging once or twice won't get you in trouble

bear in mind it will count as a loss on your placement games afaik, tho i don't think it affects your predicted mmr, so may not be a big deal

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm proud to announce that I have been fully recognized as a reformed player by Riot games. This will only bolster my efforts to make the community a helpful and caring place, in the face of rampant toxicity. Special thanks to Ghost and Talents, they led me in the right direction when I had gone astray.

53261113d2fb557aa49c4e62202df91e.png

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I was hardstuck at four for a while. I suspect that it's much harder to hit the honor levels in ranked, and I stopped playing ranked since it's preseason.