• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I rather dislike jungle too (ok, I really dislike jng) but if you haven't tried them, Ivern and WW are ridiculously easy to clear with and are somewhat annoying to invade.
yeah, i've played warwick a couple times, he's fun, but he's not really my style of jungler (which i guess doesn't exist since i like mages and the only jungle "mage" i can think of is elise)

but it's ok, i think i can count with both hands how many times i've jungled in these 5 years of playing league

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I jungle (which is all I've played this weekend, trying to get better) I either do great and my team likes me or I do poorly/HORRIBLY and I have one~three reports to make due to heavy hate speech being thrown at me.

What sucks is that I don't know why my good games are good or where I go wrong in the bad, lol. I'll know "well I died too much" or "that death was a bad play" but I don't know where the tipping point is that results in being so behind and unable to climb back out.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to jungle, but did bad even in a bot match. ADC and Mid didn't work out either. Guess i have to dodge a few queues every now and then to be able to really enjoy the game.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
rito agust is gonna work on the next female vgu update

i wonder who that'll be, since i can't think of many female champions needing a full vgu

champions i could think of that need both the redesign and the rework would be: akali, morg, kayle and maybe mf (tho mf only needs a new model, her design is ace)

i would kind of put shyvana there too, i think her dragon armor underwear thing looks super dumb and her kit is pretty basic

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
thing for me is the visual update part

nidalee design is pretty good, vgu is like eve or urgot

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
swain is another designer, forgot the name

but female swain would be cool for sure
opposite sex for every character would be cool and entirely doable if only the voice work wouldn't also need redone.
Female Jhin and Ezrael. Male Sona and Miss For-- okay so some names would also need changed but whatever (or just go the way of Pokemon where you can have a female Mr. Mime lol)

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
opposite sex for every character would be cool and entirely doable if only the voice work wouldn't also need redone.
Female Jhin and Ezrael. Male Sona and Miss For-- okay so some names would also need changed but whatever (or just go the way of Pokemon where you can have a female Mr. Mime lol)
idk i'm cool with genderbend being limited to my fanart

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
idk i'm cool with genderbend being limited to my fanart
it's not something I'd fight for or even buy (i'm a cheapskate lol) tbh, I just like the idea of being able to choose. Was neat when Dungeon Defenders did it for their base characters, but there were way fewer.
There's also something to be said for a character having one set gender, as that is part of the vision in design, I'm sure.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i'd rather have a crossdressing character like i've always wanted tbh

or a character that's like gender neutral or something

just something that riles up sucky ppl would probably be right up my alley i guess

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

just something that riles up sucky ppl would probably be right up my alley i guess

That'd be great. It would also butterfly effect into a lot of bans on people suddenly making derogatory statements and hate speech.
Yes I know the most important point is that it adds representation, but anything to weed out more of LoL's bad players is also a huge plus lol.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

Not that it fits the bill of riling up sucky ppl, but Bard should probably count as gender neutral, right? Like he's (yeah I know) some sort of cosmic being and it seems very unclear if there exists another one of Bard's kind.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be great. It would also butterfly effect into a lot of bans on people suddenly making derogatory statements and hate speech.
Yes I know the most important point is that it adds representation, but anything to weed out more of LoL's bad players is also a huge plus lol.
not saying "do x to upset the shitty people group" cos upsetting those kinds of ppl usually ends in harassment and all kinds of nasty bullshit, i'm just saying i personally like those kinds of characters and i think they'd super underused in fantasy

like fiction can be a portrait of the real world and that's awesome but league is just fun nonsense so it's not like you have to do a big message, just have more variety which is always good (we all play the champions that resonate with us for very different reasons, race, gender, sexuality, all of that matters even if we all end up playing the OPs in the end anyways lol...)

Not that it fits the bill of riling up sucky ppl, but Bard should probably count as gender neutral, right? Like he's (yeah I know) some sort of cosmic being and it seems very unclear if there exists another one of Bard's kind.
yeah i actually meant to say gender fluid, not neutral, which isn't the same and wouldn't fit bard super well

but also for sure it'd be cool to see champions like bard who are not necessarily assigned gender traits other than not having boobs, we just default to calling him he cos that's how society is

this applies to everything, race, bodytypes, etc., more variety is always good. rito recently gave me zoe and taliyah, my cute girls aren't going anywhere

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I misread your initial post's intention E: intention is the wrong word but I'm drawing a blank at the proper one :L

But to be honest I feel that they don't have to try and make a big message to make a big message; the act of even adding in a character that cross-dressed or was gender fluid would be pretty big for (one of? PUBG hasn't surpassed, yeah?) the biggest online game in the world. Shouldn't be, but that's the state the world is in.

The chief concern would definitely be Riot implementing such a character correctly and not screwing things up or using negative stereotypes. I do trust them — but you really wouldn't want to put in someone new that is meant to include, but instead drives away. It would be awesome because of the vast number of people who now have someone in this game that they may be able to more closely relate to, and show that, you know, they do exist in ways other than as unfortunate "jokes" like in most games.

Anyways, I thought Bard was a he. I don't check any lore, and don't own 'em to see if the skills had gendered pronouns. Didn't know that the character is neutral. Still gonna call them a him though to be honest, if only because I always mistyped Bard as Brad, and then just stuck with it lol.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
PUBG is still nowhere near close the League userbase lol
rito agust is gonna work on the next female vgu update

i wonder who that'll be, since i can't think of many female champions needing a full vgu

champions i could think of that need both the redesign and the rework would be: akali, morg, kayle and maybe mf (tho mf only needs a new model, her design is ace)

i would kind of put shyvana there too, i think her dragon armor underwear thing looks super dumb and her kit is pretty basic
MF doesn't need a new kit and she already got a new model (how many times I need to say this reeee). Shyv kit is also fine.

My bet is on the Kayle/Morg dual rework.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i keep forgetting her model is new cos her animations are so poop -___-

why not akali? her design sucks, her kit sucks

Ever

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I haven't posted in awhile, it's time for some League memes, with Shinya Arino

It's time for soloQ

gdjMHeu.jpg

Let's Q up

Wait for 3 minutes

Q pops

I hit accept

Someone else doesn't, Q closes

2 more minutes

Q pops

I hit accept

We go into champ select

Autofilled Support

league.jpeg

I say I'm autofilled and hover Nunu

Give me top or I troll

top laner is a jungle main, gives me top

GCCXfeat-750x400.jpg

teammate first picks zed, meaning we have heavy ad comp

dammit

enemy picks maokai

tanks are OP OP, that was my pick too

I decide to take revenge

counterpick with Illaoi

gonna show him the power of hentai

we load in

I need to check my email, go afk at turret

spam ping jungler to be save

enemy blitzcrank hooks him, he fail flashes and dies

blame game begins

MDTaCtl.jpg

lane phase starts

It's illaoi vs maokai, ofc I'm winning

20 cs lead, have him pushed to turret

enemy warwick comes to gank

ofc I didn't ward, I'm illaoi

soul pull ww and ult

tonsofdamge.jpeg

I'm getting low, gotta flash away

ww and maokai also flash

ww leaves, me and maokai continue to lane, both low

I overstay and he maokai all ins

I get solo killed, but turn him into a vessel

he dies to a random tentacle shot

mfw

RUOspPA.png

actually pretty back and forth game

I'm 2/4

doesn't matter cause I'm illaoi

don't need to be fed to carry

zed is 1/5 and pissed cause no ganks

tumblr_mzs5ye1O6a1r7sijxo1_500.png

the usual mid special

bot lane carrying thank god

towers dropping

zed finally gets something done

picks off enemy jg

it's baron time, but it's risky

no worries I'm fkin illaoi, the god of AOE damage

let's start baron

it's 1/2 health

enemy team comes to contest

They engage while we're doing baron

I land an E and ult

justillaoithings.jpeg

letthebodieshitthefloor.jpeg

win the fight cause I get a million slaps off

enemy jg respawned mid fight and is at the pit

me and jg alive, try and zone him away

my ult is down, he goes for jg

jg is low so he has to smite early

we kill him but he smites baron right before he dies

fucking hell

let blame game part 2 begin

dd201f168a0457691cca6abddc088275--stuff-and-things-geek-stuff.jpg

everyone is now tilted

it's okay since all were dead

but now we're slowly losing the game

50 minutes in

we're being pushed into nexus turrets

nintendohard_arino1.jpg

gonna lose, just get me the fuck out of this game

i ping the team to engage

our support lands a clutch cc on the enemy jg

I flash in

my time to shine

I use my E

miss E on a FUCKING CC'ed TARGET

2713503-gccx002.png

I'm out of position so they go onto me

Have to ult anyway

get bursted down

we lose

gamecentercx058-maske05ryi.jpg

I'm so tilted

but I gotta Q up again, need my LP back

repeat the same loss for 3 more games

it's 3 AM

tilted from 75 to 0 LP

tfw forever plat 5

tfw it's time to do the same thing tomorrow

ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.jpg

just kill me already

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Beause auto attacky champions are his bread and butter so I'd expect Kayle to be a perfect fit for him.
idk, he's worked on champions like gnar or vi or ekko, it's not like all he does is adcs (and even then jhin was like the least autoattacky of all adcs right)

but yeah, i could see him doing a good kayle, she seems like something he'd do good with

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting invaded in Silver basically just seals the game at Min 1. People give up and start feeding immediately. And then to make things more annoying, nobody FFs despite the fact you haven't taken even one objective, you're 21/1 (where I was the one as a support and had only one death...) at Min 5, and your ADC is 0/5 and Level 1 where the enemy ADC is 4/0/1 and at Level 4. Also Top ended 0/12 and blamed it on "you f****rs feeding". The total endgame score was something like 44/10.

And I said, "I'm only doing one more game tonight," so I had to quit on that extremely sour note.

how fun
Screw the three No votes that made the game go to 30 Minutes. >_>

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Wow wow wow. We just won a 4v5 game in Platinum V. Our jungler disconnected at level 6 while the entire team was behind. We came all the way back to win it. Literally about 20 minutes after the dc, we are chopping at the nexus and as we see the team voting to surrender, the guy reconnects. You couldn't make it up. We were like eff this guy, report for leaving the game lol.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow wow wow. We just won a 4v5 game in Platinum V. Our jungler disconnected at level 6 while the entire team was behind. We came all the way back to win it. Literally about 20 minutes after the dc, we are chopping at the nexus and as we see the team voting to surrender, the guy reconnects. You couldn't make it up. We were like eff this guy, report for leaving the game lol.

LOL
Also, nice! That's where being able to honor everyone would be cool.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
lol that's pretty good

Ever

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a fun tip:

Let's say you're getting pummeled in a soloQ game, it's between 15-19 minutes and you just lost a teamfight. The enemy Vayne is hilariously fed and there's no coming back from that.

Instead of immediately spamming the ff key right after you get aced, wait until minute 20. It'll let you bypass the early surrender feature, which requires a mandatory 5 yes votes. This will avoid that one "never give up" guy who wants to keep playing. It'll save you a precious few minutes of your life.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going from a toxic game to one where people are actually nice and have fun is great.

I'm also starting to feel more comfortable on top lane

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Going from a toxic game to one where people are actually nice and have fun is great.

I'm also starting to feel more comfortable on top lane

Friendly teammates really does go a long ways. I don't even mind losing as long as it's a fun game. A rager more times than not makes everyone plays worse. Before, I was patient and hoped ragers mellowed out later in the game. Now I'm quit to mute them. It's just not worth putting up with.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The enemy team has like 50 kills more than ours and my team still refuses to give up. At some point one should realize that it's done instead of wasting more time. Especially when the other team is taunting in front of the spawn. Just end it :c

Friendly teammates really does go a long ways. I don't even mind losing as long as it's a fun game. A rager more times than not makes everyone plays worse. Before, I was patient and hoped ragers mellowed out later in the game. Now I'm quit to mute them. It's just not worth putting up with.
Yeah, if the people are cool i don't care about losing. Insane that it only takes one person to drag every one else down a lot of times. Trying to shift away from toxicity and telling people to calm down and so on just makes 'em more pissed it seems. I'm just trying to help :s

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
What's better, Cheap Shot or Sudden Impact?
afaik sudden impact is very good on mobile champions. i use that on leblanc/talon

cheap shot sounds kinda bad to me, i guess you can proc it pretty easy on some poke champions (like xerath) but on them you still probably prefer zombie ward/eyeball + ravenous hunter

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Domination tree is just suboptimal on Shen, so he'll never really make the choice between Cheap Shot or Sudden Impact. Titanic Hydra and Sunfire are really the only damage items he builds. Maaaaaybe Frozen Mallet. Thornmail too I suppose, but people don't really build it for the reflect damage.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a friend into league. Man, the leveling system makes it tough. I'm like for your summs you need flash and X depending on your role. "I don't have that" Oh yeah umm well just grab whatever. Now for runes you want to... "I don't have that" ....well then just grab whatever. What are some good starting champions? He got garen for something but some riven who knew how to play had their way with him. I was thinking tanks but I don't want to leave him up in a lane by himself. Something like Alistair maybe?

Nov 13, 2017
I'm getting a friend into league. Man, the leveling system makes it tough. I'm like for your summs you need flash and X depending on your role. "I don't have that" Oh yeah umm well just grab whatever. Now for runes you want to... "I don't have that" ....well then just grab whatever. What are some good starting champions? He got garen for something but some riven who knew how to play had their way with him. I was thinking tanks but I don't want to leave him up in a lane by himself. Something like Alistair maybe?

Don't jump him into summoner spell set up, rune set up or anything like that. The system will allocate a preset rune page based on his champion. Just get him up to snuff on the basics, such as CSing, trading, learning what each champion does. You want to drill in these basics like he is breathing air.

I wouldn't recommend Alistar because it's easy to fuck up the combo. I would suggest Malphite as he is the cheapest tank champion that can be played as a support.

Also, keep him in bots until level 10 when he has all summoner spells available, then bring him into 5v5s. It's frustrating to play these kind of games when you lack a summoner spell like flash or you have to go 1v2 top because your team has a jungler, but their team doesn't.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we were going through the champ select options. I didn't know it auto-picked all that jazz. What's best spot for a new person? Maybe I could have them ADC while I support and protect them like a small baby. He saw this fizz do like a million damage and wanted to be an assassin but I just said well uhhhh maybe after you can hit one skillshot.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Dear goodness, it's 2018, i thought they had changed so summoner spells were all available since level 1 by now.