• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Jeebus, these first two placement games have been rough. The quality of players dropped significantly.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Christ Tryn top is disgusting with leathal tempo. I decided to go Naut top and just build armour. His attack speed wast almost 2 before level 3.

Anyone know if the Nunu changes went live yet?

Nov 13, 2017
Jeebus, these first two placement games have been rough. The quality of players dropped significantly.

Yeah, I haven't touched my placement games yet and I probably won't touch it for the time being.

I'll do my Ranked Flex placements though because Draft is just a clown fiesta.

Next week. I'm looking forward to the Nunu changes. Any jungle meta where Nunu is good is A-Okay in my book.

Sincerely an Ivern fan.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finding people to play with has been a huge game changer. Matches are much more relaxed. Plus now i dont have to worry about having to go jungle anymore!

Hydrophobic

Oct 25, 2017
Christ Tryn top is disgusting with leathal tempo. I decided to go Naut top and just build armour. His attack speed wast almost 2 before level 3.

I wouldn't suggest taking Nautilus top right now. If you want to take a tank top, Maokai or Ornn do what he does but better. I don't think Maokai has that much of a better time against Trynd, but I have to imagine that pre-6 Ornn would do a lot better versus Trynd.

Also someone link me to this warwick skin.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't suggest taking Nautilus top right now. If you want to take a tank top, Maokai or Ornn do what he does but better. I don't think Maokai has that much of a better time against Trynd, but I have to imagine that pre-6 Ornn would do a lot better versus Trynd.

Also someone link me to this warwick skin.

I've generally been having fun with Naut top and jungle. I think come the next patch with the change to masteries, he could be pretty damn oppressive on all in champs.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TIL you don't take advantage of a free day and sit on the cpu all day to get all your placements, cuz you autopilot hard after a point and then you get tilted and then you go 3/7 where the 3 was your first 3 and the first loss is where you should have stopped and now you're kind of screwed and it's totally on you

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
If I have nullifying orb and revitalize runes, would the shield from the nullify orb be amplified by revitalize by 15%, on the thinking that myself, as the target, am below 40% health?

nullifying orb procs when I'd go below 30% health. I get a shield, and then revitalize makes my shield stronger. Is a 15% stronger shield worth it? It'd have to be better than Second Wind and Overgrowth.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
If I have nullifying orb and revitalize runes, would the shield from the nullify orb be amplified by revitalize by 15%, on the thinking that myself, as the target, am below 40% health?

nullifying orb procs when I'd go below 30% health. I get a shield, and then revitalize makes my shield stronger. Is a 15% stronger shield worth it? It'd have to be better than Second Wind and Overgrowth.
It should be better against all ins, second wind should be better against poke. Revitalize should make it stronger too.

Nov 13, 2017
Played my first ranked flex for season 8. Already had a Jayce Mid that kept pinging for assists, but doesn't help with clearing control wards for me to gank (Evelynn btw).

Then says "You're stealth, you can walk through them".

I'm reformed. I'm reformed. I'm not toxic. I ain't going to flame Jayce.

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Played my first ranked flex for season 8. Already had a Jayce Mid that kept pinging for assists, but doesn't help with clearing control wards for me to gank (Evelynn btw).

Then says "You're stealth, you can walk through them".

I'm reformed. I'm reformed. I'm not toxic. I ain't going to flame Jayce.
https://discord.gg/SDvQ56X

Also a champion getting a skin with their rework? That's a first.

Last edited:

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
You ever have a game that tested your heart, your mind, your very soul? How could you force feed your team get them to win a game that they'd given up in the first minutes. Well I had one and F-me that game took some doing to win.

Lhp9vSs.png

ZxhW7eL.png

The red team had a lead most of them game and one point more than 9k. My leo wanted to afk, the top was feeding Yas and my mid was salty over the leo coming into her lane to leech exp. Leo actually leaving bot was a good thing because Xearth went mid to help Zed and that let quinn just dominate this kog. This kog sucked.

It took work to bring this game back.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That death map is a sight to behold.

I just played as Xerath Supp with Jhin ADC. I don't think I've ever had a funnier lane. So much freaking range. It was hilarious, we poke them down from half across the lane, and can stun from just as far thanks to Xer Q and Jhin W.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
day 2052

still no sign of new swain skin
still no sign of new swain
still no sign of dragon master swain

Hope is running dry, Clara, and I write yearning for your touch again. Alas, this wait has nearly killed me. The dreams of roaring in a blaze of fire are gone now, replaced with dreams of dying peacefully before they become nightmares. Maybe one day, Clara, we'll meet anew, and maybe one day Swain will be arisen again. Until then, I shall keep my vigil for however long I can, for my candle wanes closer, and the candelabra becomes more and more cold to the touch.

Forever yours,
Breezy Limbo
you'll get dragon master swain the day people get a Udyr VU

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
that's a hell of a fiesta

The red team should have won at the 20 mins mark. For some reason they just could not group. After that it was just the case of having a better front line than them.

That death map is a sight to behold.

I just played as Xerath Supp with Jhin ADC. I don't think I've ever had a funnier lane. So much freaking range. It was hilarious, we poke them down from half across the lane, and can stun from just as far thanks to Xer Q and Jhin W.

Xerath supp has got to be the most annoying god damn support other than Brand. In that Rammus game Xearth was around 5/1/3 in the first ten mins. That level of dmg and range was disgusting.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
You guys think that one was bad. Check this game out.

8yN5wtk.png

AekADRo.png

Blitz went afk for about 20 mins, but wouldn't let us remake. Kog got mad and fed until 30 min in. I think he realised we weren't going to let the game end and the enemy team sucked hard enough that we actually had a chance in winning. However towards the end we not only took baron and two turrets, after wiping the whole enemy team, we got a bad fight. They finally grouped properly and talon got picked off. After that it was GG. The sad thing is that 3v6 we actually did pretty well. If Kog hadn't trolled for 30 mins or Blitz not afk for so long we probably would have won this.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I last played back in season 1 and have a couple of noob questions if someone wouldn't mind answering

1) I've been queuing as jungle (because I have no idea what the fuck i'm doing and I don't want someone to rely on me due to that)-in team fights, should I be specifically going after a certain position? I find myself trying to focus down whoever has the lowest hp on the other team but wasn't sure if I'm supposed to go after a certain person (eg the adc or the support).

2) Is mobafire a good resource to use? I've been googling _______ build and it's usually one of the first, if not the first result that pops up.

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
I last played back in season 1 and have a couple of noob questions if someone wouldn't mind answering

1) I've been queuing as jungle (because I have no idea what the fuck i'm doing and I don't want someone to rely on me due to that)-in team fights, should I be specifically going after a certain position? I find myself trying to focus down whoever has the lowest hp on the other team but wasn't sure if I'm supposed to go after a certain person (eg the adc or the support).

2) Is mobafire a good resource to use? I've been googling _______ build and it's usually one of the first, if not the first result that pops up.
1) You generally want to focus the enemy ADC or Midlane.

2) Mobafire is a pretty bad resource. Use www.lolalytics.com.