• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to this reddit thread a DICE dev tweeted that the 2018 BF title is in fact Bad Company 3, apparently the account was followed by the official Battlefield account and other DICE devs and after the tweet went viral, he deleted it and made his account private.

9bci02gcpiv01.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...r_bf_2018_this_apparent_dice_dev_tweeted_out/

IMO, the chances of this being possible are pretty high, considering that Bad Company had campaign missions that took place in WW2 and a multiplayer expansion that took place in Vietnam; the series that isn't exclusive to a modern-day setting.

Not to mention that DICE LA (the dev who's likely developing this) been busy working on their own Battlefield title for quite a while so it makes sense that it'd ready to be released by now.

Also, the YouTuber who accurately leaked Battlefield 1 before its reveal also claims that Bad Company 3 is the next Battlefield title, although he seems to be under the impression that DICE LA's Bad Company 3 and DICE Stockholm's Battlefield WW2 aren't one and the same.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he was told to do that cause its not worth losing your job over lol

DoublePayje

Oct 29, 2017
A developer just goes to twitter and drops this kind of fact, well knowing that he will get fired for this? I don't believe it.

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't Eurogamer confirm that 2018's Battlefield was called Battlefield V and is set to take place during WW2?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Bad Company 1 and 2 were incredible but I wonder what DICE qualifies as Bad Company as most of the gameplay variations seen in Bad Company have been integrated into the main franchise. Is there really anything that separates the two other than the single player campaign (which I thoroughly enjoyed in both games) at this point?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Bad Company 1 and 2 were incredible but I wonder what DICE qualifies as Bad Company as most of the gameplay variations seen in Bad Company have been integrated into the main franchise. Is there really anything that separates the two other than the single player campaign (which I thoroughly enjoyed in both games) at this point?

Also this. People always cite that BC seems to have more destruction, which might be true, but also you gotta remember BC never really had anywhere near as much visual flare as BF3, BF4, and BF1.

Personally I don't mind the sacrifice, destruction level was pretty optimal in BF4 for me. I do prefer the type of story-telling as seen in the BC games though for the singleplayer aspect.

I'm super "meh" about WW2 honestly, but if they get the Tanks right I might just be a little more happy. :p (Still miss Heli's and proper LMG's though.)

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well looks like another year i won't be buying a Battlefield game if it's in WW2. i'll just stick with BF4 until the next Battlefield game assuming it won't be WW too.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
DO IT! I really wish this is true. Bad Company games were amazing

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Smaller scale maps with massive amounts of destruction and interactivity. Bring it DICE.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So basically BATTLEFIELD: KELLY'S HEROES?!

That might actually push me to buy a military FPS game for the first time since BF3.

Oh... unless it's WW2 or BC3...?

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone actually confirm this guy's identity?

That would be great news, but until now everything pointed towards WWII.

Oct 27, 2017
I won't hold my hopes up considering it is EA and Dice themselves don't know what made BC great. Still, one good thing might be that they might continue the cliffhanger at the end of BC2 which I have been waiting for them to solve for years (atleast I hope they don't forget it and instead reboot the whole story).

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is it gonna be a real Bad Company sequel or just a name? That's the real question.

Oct 31, 2017
That would be a good news, since it would give me hope for the next "actual" Battlefield to NOT be in WW2. A setting I'm definitely not interested in anymore.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So dice LA and Stockholm are both making a ww2 game?
That's the confusing thing, it could be that the two are both making different WW2 games, or that Bad Company WW2 is developed by both of them, or that the YouTuber was misled into believing that Stockholm were developing a WW2 game.
Then there's the chance that this twitter user isn't actually a DICE dev (which is pretty weird considering that Battlefield and other DICE devs were following him?).

Guess it'll all be answered in a couple of weeks.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I can't speak for DICE, but when I think BFBC2 MP, I think Rush focus, proper destruction, no prone, slightly lower FOV, better scale (no pygmy soldiers and scaled down vehicles), weightier movement (and a proper feeling of weight and solidity to everything in the game), and maps properly designed for specific modes.

Also, FWIW, the BFBC2 SP started in WW2.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You shut your damn mouth. Don't give me some type of false hope for another bad company.

Last edited:

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
That's the confusing thing, it could be that the two are both making different WW2 games, or that Bad Company WW2 is developed by both of them, or that the YouTuber was misled into believing that Stockholm were developing a WW2 game.
Then there's the chance that this twitter user isn't actually a DICE dev (which is pretty weird considering that Battlefield and other DICE devs were following him?).

Guess it'll all be answered in a couple of weeks.

The simplest explanation is that his twitter account was hacked.

Every other leak and rumor so far has Battlefield 2018 pegged down as a WW2 game as a follow up from BF1 by DICE Stockholm and that DICE LA is working on BC3 which is built on BF4 tech and that it won't be done for some time. Battlefield proper and Bad Company are such different things that it doesn't make sense that they would be the same.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The simplest explanation is that his twitter account was hacked.

Every other leak and rumor so far has Battlefield 2018 pegged down as a WW2 game as a follow up from BF1 by DICE Stockholm and that DICE LA is working on BC3 which is built on BF4 tech and that it won't be done for some time. Battlefield proper and Bad Company are such different things that it doesn't make sense that they would be the same.
Hacked, or a fraud, or just a dev trolling.
This is personally what I'm hoping for, too. As I'd rather have Bad Company set in modern day and I don't think that EA is dumb enough to get both DICE LA and Stockholm to develop two WW2 titles, even if one is a mainline and the other is Bad Company.

Mar 23, 2018
I don't really care about the thematic of the game.

I want the gameplay to be a successor of BF4 instead of BF1 if possible, but who knows. I would guess BF4's amazing pace would not work on a 20th century warfare game.