• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A physical copy of Diablo III: Eternal Collection has been spotted on Game UK store and will be released on 26/06/2018. Xbox One version will have Xbox One X enhance and 4K ultra HD.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/diablo-iii-the-eternal-collection-2382992

DexaEAOXkAAoqE6.jpg
DexaLe0WAAA5C8C.jpg

https://twitter.com/AAMARMO/status/1003276104961085441

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this is the one that will also be releasing on the Switch then? (Provided that leak from way back when was accurate)

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I assume this is the one that will also be releasing on the Switch then? (Provided that leak from way back when was accurate)
If these leaked and there was no Switch leaked, I would imagine that means that the Switch version is out of the cards. Which is too bad, cause this is something I might have actually bothered to import if released.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or is D3 already 4K on Xbox One X + doesn't it already look super sharp?

Not sure what can be "enhanced" in this case. It's kind of an old game (oh man, I'm getting old, seems like it released two years ago max).

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Diablo 3 has like 10 PS & Xbox versions now, but no Switch version? it's cliche to say, but it would be perfect for the Switch.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If these leaked and there was no Switch leaked, I would imagine that means that the Switch version is out of the cards. Which is too bad, cause this is something I might have actually bothered to import if released.
These aren't leaked though, it just didn't get a big announcement or anything. Pretty much all retailers have listings up.

That said, I agree that we probably would have heard before these went up for preorder about a Switch version.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
In all honesty, I have no high hopes for the current Blizzard to make a good Diablo game that I wanted. Playing Path of Exile just shows me the whole of depth that Blizzard wouldn't be able to come up with as they're trying way too hard to please the mainstream crowd. On a sidenote, Path of Exile is in its prime now with Incursion league. Hot damn it's soooo goood.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Would be a shame for it to get another release on PS4 and Xbone while neglecting Switch which seems to have generated the most consumer interest out of the 3 recently.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it, the PS4 Pro version is also enhanced, why not display that on the PS4 case somewhere? I thought Sony had templates for games with Pro enhancements too or am I wrong?

Am I crazy or is D3 already 4K on Xbox One X + doesn't it already look super sharp?

Not sure what can be "enhanced" in this case. It's kind of an old game (oh man, I'm getting old, seems like it released two years ago max).

It is already enhanced. They are just letting people know that on the case now.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Only sorta tempted to grab this to try out Necro and such. I would jump pretty instantly at a Switch port though.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Waiting for Immortal Godly Demon Collection with AAAALLLLL Diablo 3 content.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the next Diablo game actually has a distinct art style the differentiates itself from Blizzard's other franchises. Years later I'm still thinking about how off this game looked visually/it basically looking like Warcraft 3 with gore.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
It works but it's hacked to hell and back (on consoles). Not fun at all unless you play privately with friends or play entirely in seasonal mode (since last I checked, this mode was safe from hackers).

Yep, don't play online unless you are doing the season or have a private party with friends. Hackers all around on the console.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pick this up. I liked what I played of the PC game, but the thought of couch co-op with downsampled 4K on my Xbox sounds far more appealing.

Side note / prediction: If this is meant to be an E3 announcement, I get the feeling it'll happen during the Nintendo Direct/event/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-year. If it is, I'll probably get it for Switch instead.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Same! I swear this forum is the only place where the majority of people like Diablo 3.

Mainly because there was not much of a reason to hate Diablo 3 after Reaper of Souls fixed the majority of its problems (unless you want a compelling narrative, but all Blizzard titles have that problem).

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna buy this digitally the other day when on sale + 20% off for the PS4, but I've been holding out just in case a Switch version is coming...