Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPGamer92

RPGamer92

Era will die if this and From's next game are announced on the same night lol.

2. N.Domixis

N.Domixis

Sony sure does like helping bring back classics. Crash was another example they somewhat helped by proving the original level geometry.

3. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

OP states that it's unconfirmed what kind of deal Sony has with Capcom.

4. Chamber

Chamber

Yeah, I liked his portrayal in 4. Just seemed like a regular old day for him, nothing went on there that he couldn't handle.

5. The Silver

The Silver

It was the most important day of Nero's life, for Dante it was another Tuesday

6. silva1991

silva1991

Expect the unexpected guys, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

TGA HYPE.

Yup. I recognized it easily.

7. Grigorig

Grigorig

Please be true and let's forget DmC ever happened.

8. AlecKoKuTan

AlecKoKuTan

I hope for a PSX reveal too... Isn't the industry trying to break away from E3? PSX should be huge, it would almost seem in Sony's best interest to start having exclusive PSX reveals over saving them for E3... Especially if they are helping to fund the development of the tile.

9. Sawzer

Sawzer

I'm just wondering why is this so, because when it was Spike Awards it had pretty big announcments

10. Thebranman

Thebranman

I’m so ready for this!!

11. Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Just wanted to say I read through all of that, and it deserved better than to be last post of the page. I particularly related to the part about DMC2's pre-release hype and subsequent devastating disappointment, but it mirrors my own feelings about the series (except that I didn't play DmC, and DMC3 is still my favorite, even though DMC4 is phenomenal).

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on TW101? It might be my favorite character action game of all time.

12. RPGamer92

RPGamer92

Not being on TV anymore.

13. Cordy

Cordy

Can't wait.

14. Emka

Emka

[​IMG]
    So, is no one gonna talk about that?

15. Liam1884

Liam1884

Those were big because they were on TV with a ton of celebrities, a lot of money behind it.

Not so with The Game Awards unfortunately.

16. Hank Hill

Hank Hill
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

Can't wait to see the trailer.

17. ChunLiMorriganFan85

ChunLiMorriganFan85
    Banned Member

I really hope that this is real. The last canon Devil May Cry game was released in 2008 and a new installment in the series is long overdue. ::prays::

18. Dahbomb

Dahbomb
    Community Resettler Member

I think TW101 is interesting and misunderstood. I wouldn't say it's Kamiya's best work (game has some definite issues that can't be ignored) but it's a good game for sure.

19. Monster Zero

Monster Zero

That made Dante come off as badass in that game. Might have to run through 4 again. I'm pissed my version of the special edition on PC doesn't work and Capcom never cared to fix it.

20. Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda
    Community Resettler Member OP

I understand how they might not believe this. I've been in the same position with other leaks in the past.

I really hope Capcom and Sony pull the trigger early (maybe if this leaks gets shared a lot and becomes big enough?) and announce the game this year (DMCEra and YakuzaEra know why this is especially true for me right now) but my sources are saying otherwise and I have to accept that.

21. spider

spider
    CLANG Moderator

VERGIL PLAYABLE PLS

DAAAAAAAAY ONE IF SO

22. Selina

Selina
    Gotham's Finest Administrator

Don't play with my heart like this.

23. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

To be fair, that was probably decided before all this leaked.

Now that it's out there, the future might change.

24. Imran

Imran

Just like how SF5 prevented Ryu from being in Smash and the Xbox One and PC versions of Tekken 7 had Maxi from Soul Calibur instead of Akuma.

25. Byakura

Byakura

No reveal this year.....

But if true E32018 is gonna be lit

26. Jacob4815

Jacob4815

I suspect TGA will be the place.

27. Sawzer

Sawzer

I'm sure it will be like 10m+ this year. Time for some meaty stuff i'd say! Guess we can have at least that Tomb Raider announcment...

28. Joule

Joule

First time I've ever played any Devil May Cry game was DmC (which was great). Never played any of the original. Should just playing 4SE be enough for this?

29. ArjanN

ArjanN

The most obvious thing for that would probably just to have Sparda show up,

It had some of the biggest AAA announcements like Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 when it was still the VGAs with Spike and while they clearly had to scale back when Keighley took over, I still expect it to have 2-3 big announcements this year.

30. darkslayer101

darkslayer101

[​IMG]

31. apeAsnake

apeAsnake

Fuck me day 1 for that DMC V
    That Itsuno talent greatness

32. ArgyleReptile

ArgyleReptile

Since Trish supposedly plays a big part, I imagine this is what will happen.

33. Sargerus

Sargerus

[​IMG]

LETS GO

34. Mediking

Mediking

Wow... sounds exciting...

35. Fdkn

Fdkn

Also Bayo doesn't belong to Nintendo, lol. She belongs to SEGA. Nintendo only owns Bayonetta2

36. SweetNicole

SweetNicole
    Community Manager Administrator

37. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Welp, the fire's certainly lit now. The worst part will be the waiting. Apparently, we will not get confirmation of this until E3 2018 so at least 8 more months of waiting. But now we have hope...

38. Liam1884

Liam1884

It's a completely different company and set of people running things. It's not the VGA Awards in any way, it only follows the same format.

I'll say it again, expecting any AAA announcements there will only lead you to disappointment.

39. Dizastah

Dizastah

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for a trailer!

40. TreIII

TreIII

I mean, putting the tinfoil hat on and all, it's possible that a leak of this sort was made and "encouraged" to put out there because they want to move the announcement up. If the cat is already out of the bag, why wait any longer? Damn the standard Capcom trend to keep the hype and advertising cycles to a 6-12 month limit!

41. Sub Boss

Sub Boss

sounds TOO GOOD to be true imo.far toooooooo good.

Even them not using the Souls/open world progression, im delighted to hear that.

42. Monster Zero

Monster Zero

Yes.

43. Caiops

Caiops

I jumped so high after i saw this post.

So, nothing about if Dante will have a change in the visual? Or if he gonna look just like in DMC4 again.

44. Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda
    Community Resettler Member OP

Yeah, I'm hoping that this might change their minds.

45. Cyanity

Cyanity

Not that I wasn't already onboard for new DMC, but this just seals my day 1 purchase.

46. Omnistalgic

Omnistalgic

Could be great

47. RailWays

RailWays

You cool, OP. I'd hope you don't take a perm regardless.

This lines up with the Reddit rumor dump, right?

48. PeterVenkman

PeterVenkman

feels almost like tradition for him to change appearance at least a bit. Even if he is more serious, I hope they redesign a bit - Uncle Dante was my fav personality, but the wardrobe is due for an update.

49. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member

You know what, if Capcom was smart, and if DMC"5" actually exists, it would behoove them to have the story be a soft-reboot (at best) than to continue the storyline of a ten year-old game with a trash-tier plot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.