• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is built in such a way that if it isn't announced next week, it's still gonna go on!

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I mean I don't know what else could be the unannounced autograph panel? I thought it was gonna be God of War but I actually missed that there was already a panel for it.

It has be for a new title being announced next week either at TGA or PSX along with some Sony exclusivity if it's at PSX and has a autograph signing with the team and/or cast.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Are Vergil's, Trish's, and Lady's campaigns in DMC4SE original, or the same as Nero/Dante, just with character swaps? I never did try them out yet.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't know what else could be the unannounced autograph panel? I thought it was gonna be God of War but I actually missed that there was already a panel for it.

It has be for a new title being announced next week either at TGA or PSX along with some Sony exclusivity if it's at PSX and has a autograph signing with the team and/or cast.
I mean I wanna see DMCV as soon as possible just like you guys, but I wouldn't put too much stock into that autograph session. That could literally be for anything, from a new indie/first party/third party game to Kojima showing a new celebrity for Death Stranding (in TGA) and then them having an autograph session in PSX.

It would've helped if we knew that Reuben/JYB/Dan were in town during PSX.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
If the information in this leak holds up, about the game, trailer, really most everything being ready for show, I see no logical reason to skip this event. Some MAJOR games were announced at the TGA's, and.....really, looking at this thread's statistics, it's obviously in high demand!
I forget, what huge AAA games did TGAs reveal? I remember they announced games like Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us, but that was when it was still on Spike TV.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I mean I wanna see DMCV as soon as possible just like you guys, but I wouldn't put too much stock into that autograph session. That could literally be for anything, from a new indie/first party/third party game to Kojima showing a new celebrity for Death Stranding (in TGA) and then them having an autograph session in PSX.

It would've helped if we knew that Reuben/JYB/Dan were in town during PSX.
Not only that but Sony has said, PSX was going to be mad low-key.

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
I forget, what huge AAA games did TGAs reveal? I remember they announced games like Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us, but that was when it was still on Spike TV.
Uhmmm....I could be wrong on some of these, but I think.....Far Cry Primal? Uncharted definitely. Star Citizen got its first real trailer at the 2015 TGAs. I THINK Breath of the Wild was announced at the 2014 TGA's.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Uhmmm....I could be wrong on some of these, but I think.....Far Cry Primal? Uncharted definitely. Star Citizen got its first real trailer at the 2015 TGAs. I THINK Breath of the Wild was announced at the 2014 TGA's.
I think you are mixing VGA with TGA.

VGA was Spike TV and got big reveals like Uncharted, Mass Effect, TLOU, etc.
TGA (successor to VGA) is an independent show with mostly smaller reveals/trailers.

Also, Far Cry Primal was E3 Ubisoft's own event and I really really doubt Breath of the Wild was revealed at TGA (Edit: it was announced in a Nintendo Direct in January 2013). They had a trailer for it at TGA but it wasn't the reveal, iirc the TGA trailer was a pre-recorded gameplay demo.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Over a fucking hundred pages and we're still days from PSX and The Game Awards. Can we make it to 200 before they start? How long after they've finished?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I can't wait to see this thread when TGA is over, in one way or another.

For now, i hope for the best and i'm rooting for a reveal this year, but please, keep motivated and excited, i had so much fun reading through every single update.

Iet's get to 200 even if it means E3 2018 reveal.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
You're only a true DMC fan if you played DMC 2 from beggining to end and then entered in denial mode and with a sad look on your face said to yourself " This is the best game and best DMC game of all time. "

That was actually the first moment I thought to myself, "this could be the end of the series." Accompanied by this music, of course:

The next time I felt that way was Dante's response to Nero's question, "will we meet again?"

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Folks have been saying the game exists for five years now lol. Well, actually ever since DMC4SE. Just look at Gamefaqs' history.

I'm just a bit more cynical because that particular fanbase has been chock full of crap time and time again. So yes, I am respectfully dismissive of this story. Not saying the OP is full of crap, but I don't buy it nonetheless. Don't get me wrong though, I would literally KILL to be wrong about it! ....God I want a new DMC. T_T
It's not like 2 years ago all the execs at Capcom gathered together and suddenly said at once "Welp, let's start developing DMC5 guys!".

The process of greenlighting and developing video games is longer than that, it's possible that Itsuno and co. developed a DMC5 pitch and threw to the higher-ups in 2013-2014, then the suits decided to give Itsuno and co. a small budget to add some extra content to DMC4 and re-release it to test the waters along with another re-release of the reboot, and after the DMC4 re-release turned out to be a huge success they realized that instead of developing your average DMC sequel, it might be far more profitable to develop a much more ambitious DMC title, and so they sought Sony to help fund the game.

Edit: Hell, a DMC5 pitch might've been a thing after the original DMC4 came out, before Itsuno decided to work on his dream game (Dragon's Dogma) which I'm pretty sure is the reason that triggered Inafune to look for a western developer to reboot the franchise.

Last edited:

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Over a fucking hundred pages and we're still days from PSX and The Game Awards. Can we make it to 200 before they start? How long after they've finished?
Depends if it gets announced or not. If it does I can see it going to 200 easily. If it doesn't get announced I think it'll taper off at around 150 while being bumped for E3 season

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Depends if it gets announced or not. If it does I can see it going to 200 easily. If it doesn't get announced I think it'll taper off at around 150 while being bumped for E3 season

I await Itsuno's tweet saying he's disappointed he couldn't show what he's working on at PSX and then again at the TGAs

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
Kind of off-topic for a quick second, but this thread actually reminds me of a prank/troll I almost pulled on Gamefaqs and NGaf a few years back, when I made all these fake screenshots for a "Devil May Cry 3D!" For 3DS! It never worked out since I never completed the Famitsu scan in time, but these are the shots!
WS5JCtQ.jpg
yP1whgU.jpg

gIRDYE8.jpg

KJOj6aK.jpg

4Msr4vi.jpg

BpoCku3.jpg

Fortunately my Kingdom Hearts experiment cause a slightly bigger and more successful stir!

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Kind of off-topic for a quick second, but this thread actually reminds me of a prank/troll I almost pulled on Gamefaqs and NGaf a few years back, when I made all these fake screenshots for a "Devil May Cry 3D!" For 3DS! It never worked out since I never completed the Famitsu scan in time, but these are the shots!
WS5JCtQ.jpg
yP1whgU.jpg

gIRDYE8.jpg

KJOj6aK.jpg

4Msr4vi.jpg

BpoCku3.jpg

Fortunately my Kingdom Hearts experiment cause a slightly bigger and more successful stir!
It looks cute

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I know the leaks say to wait for E3, but I'm still going to get super hyped for this week. Life's too short not to get FUCKING HYPED UP TO THE GILLS AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION. If I see even a hint of Big Daddy V I'm going to actually die for real.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My first thoughts when finishing DMC2 was: "Cool. 1 was better. Can't wait until DMC3".

also 101 pages hurray or something

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
WS5JCtQ.jpg
yP1whgU.jpg

gIRDYE8.jpg

KJOj6aK.jpg

4Msr4vi.jpg

BpoCku3.jpg

Those screenshots ain't blurry enough to be a 3DS game.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I'm gonna wait on making any comments about DMC5/V until it gets revealed but this thread has been a really fun read and it made me want to go back and play DMC 1 and 3.

I originally played the 360 version of the collection back in 2012 but I don't own it anymore so I bought the PS3 version digitally and when playing DMC3 the game keeps crashing and booting me out! It's happened 4 times already and I've only gotten to Mission 7! Is the PS3 version just a buggy mess or is this unheard of and should I re-download it?

It's so frustrating! I just wanna go CURRRRAZZZY!!

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm gonna wait on making any comments about DMC5/V until it gets revealed but this thread has been a really fun read and it made me want to go back and play DMC 1 and 3.

I originally played the 360 version of the collection back in 2012 but I don't own it anymore so I bought the PS3 version digitally and when playing DMC3 the game keeps crashing and booting me out! It's happened 4 times already and I've only gotten to Mission 7! Is the PS3 version just a buggy mess or is this unheard of and should I re-download it?

It's so frustrating! I just wanna go CURRRRAZZZY!!
From what I've heard, the digital PSN release of the DMC HD Collection has some crashing issues. Very annoying. :|

Hopefully if DMC5 is coming then they'll port/remaster the original trilogy. It'd be nice to have the entire series on PS4/PC, and future PlayStation consoles if PS5 has backwards compatibility.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Made this for the 100 page mark.

Fucking amazing. This thread is going down in history.

I'll die inside a bit if it doesn't get revealed at TGA or PSX, though. At least I'll have 4SE by then.
From what I've heard, the digital PSN release of the DMC HD Collection has some crashing issues. Very annoying. :|

Hopefully if DMC5 is coming then they'll port/remaster the original trilogy. It'd be nice to have the entire series on PS4/PC, and future PlayStation consoles if PS5 has backwards compatibility.
For real? Shit, that sucks. Is the physical release of the HD collection better then?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
For real? Shit, that sucks. Is the physical release of the HD collection better then?

For what it's worth, I don't ever remember them crashing on my PSN copy. It might have happened at some point, but I seriously cannot recall at all. Played through all of both DMC1 and DMC3 and had a blast.

I also got into the series because DmC caught my interest back in 2013 and I happened to be able to get it on pre-order sale at GMG for that smooth 60fps presentation. DmC is a little "try hard" and the cutscene direction in many cases is much worse than DMC3, but it is a good game and I wish more people would give it a shot. DMC3 and DMC1 are both better, but DMC1 is close, mostly succeeding above DmC by having much better atmosphere and personality.

DMC4 on PC (which i played last) was pretty good/great up to until they switched to Dante and the retreading was pretty disappointing. I still finished it, but Dante was too complicated after DMC3 had almost the perfect balance. I can't wait for DMC5, let us hope that this rumor pans out (I want to believe, but even if the poster has no reason to get themselves banned I also have a tough time believing Capcom knows what they are doing most of the time). I think changing from Arabic numerals to Roman ones is kind of weird/unnecessary but at least the connection to Vergil is kind of hype (unlike "V for Venom" in MGSV).

In both cases (and RE7 but that was more to have a cheeky reveal), I feel like it abandons a little bit of the identity of a series to switch the numbering style midway (if "Final Fantasy 16" was presented with that kind of numbering system it'd be really weird right?) and it introduces some confusion on whether it should be pronounced as "vee" of "five" since they could be cheeky and want to use the fact that it is not technically a number to say that it is not really the fifth entry, just a spin off (kind of like MGSV).

Status
Not open for further replies.