• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillTaco

Jan 9, 2018
Ok, I just read through the longest thread I have ever read through. 100+ pages huh. Wow.

So what Im getting from this 'leak' is that the story will go something like this...

and end like this

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
humsyzvd8i901.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OMFG I just saw that video until the end.

Kyrie literally says to Nero: "Sure... I'll be waiting for you to come play Devil May Cry Cross Pachislot!"

AHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Dastidood

Oct 27, 2017
Actually its...
Sure... I'll be waiting for you to come play Devil May Cry X pachinslot! (*reverb* slot... slot... slot...)

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
It wouldn't surprise me if Sony is funding a big part of DMC5. And have Nolan North in the cast makes me believe DMC5 will go into a more mature direction to appeal to a larger audience. More cinematic than you could ever imagine in a DMC. Hence DMCV instead of DMC5.

Capcom tries to be different with DMC and MH. If MH can go cinematic so can DMC.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
can't believe the thread hasn't melted down over these kamiya tweets yet

This guy is trying to create a work (or whatever the latest Wrestling terminology is).

Like no one believes for a second that Bayonetta 3 is going to be a cinematic walking simulator "action" game that is more grounded. And no one believes that Itsuno is going to do that to DMCV either especially right after DmC.

If he's actually being serious about this, then this is exactly why a lot of DMC fans think that Kamiya shouldn't be making the next DMC game... it should be Itsuno. DMC fans are not concerned with what other game companies are doing unless it directly improves the core experience of the DMC series or expands on it. Last thing DMC fans want right now is "more grounded/cinematic/Westernized/realistic" DMC. And nothing about Capcom right now indicates that they are doing anything like that for DMC. Kamiya is best at makign new IPs, that's where his rare talent lies in. Itsuno is more suited to iterative work though he can do new IPs too (not as well as Kamiya).

And no one thought to link this tweet where even Kamiya thinks Itsuno is the right man for the job for DMC, even over himself:

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
As someone somewhat interested in this series should I:

1) install and play DMC4 SE which I got in the Steam sale
2) play the first game, when it releases on Steam
3) hold out for DMC5, hoping it will be the best game

SnakeEater

Oct 31, 2017
Nah, i prefer traditional style of the series. Replaying DMC4 right now and it still looks pretty good, MT Framework was definetly something else. Can't even imagine what they can accomplish on UE4

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
First he throws that "brilliant" idea of his, then he responds "Itsuno will do it". And we all know Itsuno won't make a cinematic realistic DMC. He's either baiting for something or he's trolling. Or... prepares his audience for a similar-designed Bayonetta 3.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017

DMC5 will probably be closer to DMC4 than it is to DMC1. But one thing to keep in mind, DMC4 was rushed, the combat system is great, the best in the genre(if you're playing Dante) but the main game is very underwhelming, so...

If you plan to just play the main game once and not dive too deep into styles and combos, etc... I'd recommend waiting for the DMC collection and playing DMC3.

If you plan to master the combat system and complete bloody palace(end game bonus challenge mode) then you can't go wrong with either DMC3 or DMC4. Both are great examples of why fans of the series love it as much as they do.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
He's just trying to make sure Bayonetta 3 doesn't have any competition. The king is coming back Kamiya, prepare yourself.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
DMC5 will probably be closer to DMC4 than it is to DMC1. But one thing to keep in mind, DMC4 was rushed, the combat system is great, the best in the genre(if you're playing Dante) but the main game is very underwhelming, so...

If you plan to just play the main game once and not dive too deep into styles and combos, etc... I'd recommend waiting for the DMC collection and playing DMC3.

If you plan to master the combat system and complete bloody palace(end game bonus challenge mode) then you can't go wrong with either DMC3 or DMC4. Both are great examples of why fans of the series love it as much as they do.

I already tried DMC3 and gave up about halfway through. The combat was fine, but I absolutely hated the levels.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya's subsequent tweets pretty much confirm he was spitballing. He called out an article that was made based on his tweets for making it sound like he wanted a game like that.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
what the heck ?

LMAO what is this timeline ? I'm not even sure if it's DMC5 anymore, a game being gold with no announcement is extremely weird

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Play the DMC HD collection when it comes.

Then play DMC4 SE

Then play DmC Devil May Cry until the 5th game comes out :p

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this thread just made me realise that it's been almost 10 years since the last DMC was released.
I don't know if Kamiya is trolling but when I think about it Bayonetta is much more set piece driven than DMC while remaining a character action game. So maybe something along those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.