• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First off, DMC3 exists.

Not even the best action game that year tbh

ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The expression "proof's in the pudding" means that you can only verify what something is about when you try it. I'm not going to believe a single word of this leak or any other piece of speculation regarding a game that's not even been announced before there's actually proof of it. I don't mind that others choose to believe, but I'm free to express my opinion and even to offer my own speculation, since I'm doing it in a civil manner and all.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
you say this, but DMC4 is kiiiiinda 6/10ish tbh. Dope combat system and all that, but everything surrounding is uh...hmm.
DMC 4 not only has great combat it has better graphics and cutscenes/characters than Bayonetta, the bosses are also about the same quality, (maybe slightly better) decent but not the very best except for Credo and Dante ♡

Problem was Bayo's superior mobility and campaign is better paced with some interesting fodder enemies

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
The repetition in DMC4 really tarnished many gamer's viewpoint and I don't blame them for that.
But DMC4 graphically to me still looks insane, to think that a 2008 title looks crispier, sharp and fluid on a ps3 is mind blowing to me. Not to mention the boss design, ridiculously good combat, OST etc...
The repeat campaign really blindsided the players that even the great aspects of the game goes unappreciated.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
DMC 4 not only has great combat it has better graphics and cutscenes/characters than Bayonetta, the bosses are also about the same quality, (maybe slightly better) decent but not the very best except for Credo and Dante ♡

Problem was Bayo's superior mobility and campaign is better paced with some interesting fodder enemies

This is pretty on point.

Am I the only one who finds Bayo's bosses very overrated? 90% of them are worthless damage spunges behemoths with no personality.

The Luman Sage boss fights from Bayo 2 are my favorite.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
This is pretty on point.

Am I the only one who finds Bayo's bosses very overrated? 90% of them are worthless damage spunges behemoths with no personality.

The Luman Sage boss fights from Bayo 2 are my favorite.

Not really, as much as I love Bayo series the bosses are hugely overrated. They're fun to fight sure, but they're pretty 'samey' and without any real character.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah its actually incredible how good DMC4 looks. Most people are always surprised at the fact that it was a first gen ps3 game.

Not only does it look better then DmC from a tehnical level but it also runs at dobule the framerate.

MT Framwork is fucking amazing.

DMC4 looks better then Bayo1, DmC and Bayo 2.

15388535794_2f2226164c_o.png

12838880495_9ee1041135_o.png

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The cutscene played at 30FPS though, the in game graphics don't look quite as good as that.

But no doubt DMC4 was remarkable when it came out. Going from Ps2 DMC3 to 360 DMC4 was crazy for DMC fans.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As much as i love ninja gaiden.. NO

But it was critically and rivalled God of War, and commercially as loved as DMC3. I'm siding with NG and after Nioh I think TN are perfectly capable to bring the franchise back in full form. I would absolutely love if 2019 is the release of Bayonetta 3, DMCV and NG4. Action fans will cheer worldwide.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DMC 4 SE doesnt look good as Bayonetta 1 on PC. I played both on PC with their newest versions for first time. So no, take your nostalgia glasses off. Both bayonetta games looks miles better.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I really struggle going back to DMC4.

Aside from it being very repetitive. I find the level designs to be kind if bland and boring.
And there just isn't enough enemy variety.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The cutscene played at 30FPS though, the in game graphics don't look quite as good as that.

Except they didn't tho.

For the 400 hours that I've spend with the PC version I never had a dip below 120. In-game has exactly the same assets as the cutscenes except the char models which get more polys.

Point still stands, it looks better then what I mentioned above.

DMC 4 SE doesnt look good as Bayonetta 1 on PC. I played both on PC with their newest versions for first time. So no, take your nostalgia glasses off. Both bayonetta games looks miles better.

No, they don't. I've played both games at 4k and they look poor compared to DMC4.

Bayo games have shit textures, low polygons, low geomtery, low shaders, and awful particle effects. Understandably for trying to run the game at 60 fps on a console but it's not match for MT Framework.

I don't know what Bayo games did you play if you think they look better then 4.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

"Nostalgia glasses"

You can directly compare them. What "nostalgia"? Not to mention DMC4 and Bayonetta came out very close to one another, so "nostalgia" would apply almost equally.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
If we're talking about cutscenes, DMC4, by far, had the best opening cutscene of any other DMC game I played. Both in technical design and cinematic feeling.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DMC4 looks amazing.

I had played Bayonetta and MG:R countless times before I decided to give DMC4 another spin, late in the PS3 era. I was legit surprised, DMC4 beat them to hell.

mocoworm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
We waited through E3, TGS, Paris Games and now we are in late November 2017 with no information about Itsuno's project. We endured through multiple apologies on his part and we do not in any way blame Itsuno for the the current situation.

I don't understand this? Why do you feel a sense of entitlement to be told what he is working on. He will tell the world about his work when he is ready to do so. Posting this only serves to damage the project. He should be making no apologies.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People should stop comparing bayonetta last gen versions to be honest. PC Switch or WiiU(was it 1080p?) versions are that matters.

Gearsmith

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Jan 16, 2018
But it was critically and rivalled God of War, and commercially as loved as DMC3. I'm siding with NG and after Nioh I think TN are perfectly capable to bring the franchise back in full form. I would absolutely love if 2019 is the release of Bayonetta 3, DMCV and NG4. Action fans will cheer worldwide.

Dude, scrap NG4 and go for the GOAT that is NG Black 2.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
People should stop comparing bayonetta last gen versions to be honest. PC Switch or WiiU(was it 1080p?) versions are that matters.

Both Bayos run at 720p on the Wii U. Are you actually trolling?

I'm comparing DMC4 PC with Bayonetta PC and Bayonetta 2 CEMU since it's their best versions at this very moment.
Both are not even close to DMC4 in terms of assets and IQ.
All of DMC4's verions are better then Bayo's counterparts in termns of visuals. It's not debatable.

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom was firing on all cylinders with MT Frameworks.

DMC 4 (early 2008)

https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2F%2FeyEb.jpg&hash=f3eba0dbf32b907b84b541a613c8f3da

The fact that all cutscenes were done in-engine and the overall quality of motion capture for early 2008 was quite frankly amazing.

RE 5 (early 2009):

RE5%20Oct09-18.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS (2012)

full.jpg

full.jpg

(This still looks better than a majority of the 3DS games I've played)

Resident Evil 6 (2012)

resident_evil_6_3-143345.jpg

resident_evil_6_1-143343.jpg

RE 6 somewhat suffered in texture quality for the expanded amount of content (10 hours in RE 5 vs. 25 hours in RE 6), but the lighting system is so much better.

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta always looked prettier than DMC4 to me. Maybe because DMC looked ugly aesthetically.

The gold filter that Bayonetta constantly puts on kinda becomes noise after a while like with Deus Ex Human Revolution. When there isn't a gold filter, the visuals have a very harsh and washed out look to them. It's why I prefer Bayonetta 2's more vivid color palette.

bayonetta_27.jpg

bayonetta_29.jpg

latest

vs.

large.jpg

Bayonetta2-32.jpg

Bayonetta-2-61.jpg

bayonetta-2-4.jpg

latest

DMC 4 also lacks that harsh tone, so I prefer it as well:

devil_may_cry_4_367.jpg

Last edited:

RazMaTaz

Nov 29, 2017
Personally felt DMC4 was a let down after playing DMC3:SE. It felt slow after playing DMC3 SE. Koyabashis promises with bigger story more weapons etc fell flat. Ofcourse we know DMC4 went through alot of crap during its development. It took a PC SE and then another SE years later to make me appreciate it more.

I do hope we get another Ninja Gaiden. NGB is god like. DMC3 only takes the edge simply because of its cutscenes and plausible story.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
you say this, but DMC4 is kiiiiinda 6/10ish tbh. Dope combat system and all that, but everything surrounding is uh...hmm.

DMC4 is still the epitome of the genre. Bayonetta doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth and execution. It does something better like hits and dodging, and set pieces, but DMC4's biggest sin is just being half a game with Dante backtracking.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DMC4 is still the epitome of the genre. Bayonetta doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth and execution. It does something better like hits and dodging, and set pieces, but DMC4's biggest sin is just being half a game with Dante backtracking.
DMC3 and DmC are much better. They are complete games, after all. DMC1 edges out DMC4 as well, IMO. Bayonetta is also a better game than DMC4 really.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was let down by DMC4 back when it came out and its being going downhill ever since. Not only did it fail to evolve much from DMC3, but it was a big downgrade in several key areas(narrative context/cutscene direction, level design structure and environmental gimmicks, boss fights, soundtrack). And playing as Nero half the game is just wack, there, I said it. Very limited combat options, boring traversal gimmicks(if I never have to push those big spinning things down a hallway again...), not a particularly interesting character either.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
DMC4 is the epitome when it comes to the combat system within the genre. Everything else is a bit naff and a slog to go through.

I've always preferred DMC1 and DMC3 for their strengths in other areas. DMC1 is probably my favourite in the series because of its style and RE-esque feel (I'm aware of its history), despite the limited combat options. It's a very satisfying game to play still, regardless of its length.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
DMC4 is literally half a game. If we judge it by a $30-$40 price point, its a pretty A tier game. The whole backtracking, like I mentioned before, blindsided everyone from properly analyzing the game. Backtracking is not foreign to the franchise but was poorly executed in DMC4. The boss designs are top notch , their movesets are varied and keeps you on the toes at all times and they have a personality unlike the one's in DmC. While Bayonetta has so many bosses that are bascially large creatures with very limited movesets and few damaging options. Also not a big fan of cutscenes indicating bosses going into second phase Not to mention I prefer enemy design of 4SE slightly more than DMC3. I mean they were created by Itsuno himself and proof is in the pudding. The weapons are great too and the style system was a natural evolution from DMC3. I both equally like the OST of DMC3 and 4SE.
I just wish they actually completed Dante's campaign with new environments, bosses etc... but looking at DMCV's 3 year dev cycle, it seems pretty certain we won't run into that problem again.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DMC3 and DmC are much better. They are complete games, after all. DMC1 edges out DMC4 as well, IMO. Bayonetta is also a better game than DMC4 really.

DMC3 is the best period. DmC was fine but it felt like Bayonetta to me. Emphasis on evasion, like how Demon Evade grants increase attack damage. I'm all for rewarding well time dodges, but that ain't what DMC3/4 are about. It's about styling on enemies, you didn't get rewarded for evading perfectly. You simply lived to continue styling and getting those S ranks. I enjoy Bayonetta but I found the gameplay not as rewarding or deep as DMC3/4.

DMC3 is the best period. DmC was fine but it felt like Bayonetta to me. Emphasis on evasion, like how Demon Evade grants increase attack damage. I'm all for rewarding well time dodges, but that ain't what DMC3/4 are about. It's about styling on enemies, you didn't get rewarded for evading perfectly. You simply lived to continue styling and getting those S ranks. I enjoy Bayonetta but I found the gameplay not as rewarding or deep as DMC3/4.
When I played it, I didn't even dodge that much. I simply jumped around to avoid attacks.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think previous DMC games raised your style rank for a perfect dodge? DmC not only gives you damage for a Demon Evade but also a small boost in style for a perfect dodge:

I'm aware, but Increasing style rank isn't nearly as rewarding as increased damage or witch time. If DMC3/4 made dodging rewarding by including a mechanic like Witch time then I would not even be having this argument, because the reward for perfect evading would be there. Instead it simply gives you a pat on the back, some style points for not getting hit. As for Bayonetta a perfectly timed attack leads to an enemy state of vulnerability.

BotW also does this. Rewarding players for perfect dodging allowing Link to have an opportunity to attack. Viewtiful Joe does this when you evade an opponents combos. These are games that encourage evasion because you put your opposition at a disadvantage.

All this being said, I can see DMCV having a similar mechanic. Maybe even an evolved trickster style that allows for opportunistic perfect dodges.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
About prettiness of the game I would not bet on DMCV being graphical marvel in terms of effects, models, textures etc but more on art design. I think Bayo and DMC are pushed through theyre art than engine.

It still confuse me why Capcom abandoned own MT framework for creation of new engine (which seems to be dead) and for UE4. Especially after seeing what Monster Hunter Studio doing with MT framework for MH World.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Mt framework was the best engine out of Japan imo especially in early 7th Gen great graphics and fast production nothing else out of Japan at the time was nearly as robust

Status
Not open for further replies.