• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so thirsty for some news, like a screenshot or something. I know we just have to wait until Monday but shit!!!!

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Because the game was contracted and entered development while Marvel still had the mutant media ban in place.

Negotiate then. Make a case for it. 4-5 X-men wouldn't mean much to Marvel/Fox, but it would go so far to please fans.

They shouldn't have accepted that contract. They would have been better off not making that game.

Like I said, they should've negotiated and reasoned with them before signing the contract.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Negotiate then. Make a case for it. 4-5 X-men wouldn't mean much to Marvel/Fox, but it would go so far to please fans.

Like I said, they should've negotiated and reasoned with them before signing the contract.
Do you not understand what a ban is? Marvel stopped producing mutant material outside of comics and I think toys for a couple of years, on purpose. There is no negotiation to be had. The game never should have been greenlit in the first place due to that.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It' weird how almost every new announcement got either leaked by wallmart or by some early promotion reveal by the publisher by accident, yet nothing about DMC5 and REmake 2 is around the web.

Disney/Marvel sabotaged the X-Men comics to hurt the X-Men's movie franchise popularity when they were Fox's, I assure you that they don't give a rat's ass about the fans.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did someone mention Dante's daughter?

latest

yes, I know

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
You see Dante's daughter at the beginning of the game, she will be a big part of the story and at the end you find out she's also Bayonetta's daughter too.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Do you not understand what a ban is? Marvel stopped producing mutant material outside of comics and I think toys for a couple of years, on purpose. There is no negotiation to be had. The game never should have been greenlit in the first place due to that.

It' weird how almost every new announcement got either leaked by wallmart or by some early promotion reveal by the publisher by accident, yet nothing about DMC5 and REmake 2 is around the web.

Disney/Marvel sabotaged the X-Men comics to hurt the X-Men's movie franchise popularity when they were Fox's, I assure you that they don't give a rat's ass about the fans.

E V E R Y T H I N G I S N E G O T I A B LE

What a shit deal in the end. No promotion, supposedly mobile art imposed on devs, short dev time, and on top of that they can't even bend a bit on their policies on a couple of characters that would please the entirety of the FGC?

What a load of rubbish. This is why I don't have faith in DMCV made by a Capcom that accepted such a contract (among other things).

rude

Oct 25, 2017

What a shit deal in the end. No promotion, supposedly mobile art imposed on devs, short dev time, and on top of that they can't even bend a bit on their policies on a couple of characters that would please the entirety of the FGC?

What a load of rubbish. This is why I don't have faith in DMCV made by a Capcom that accepted such a contract (among other things).
You are being extremely dense. No, not everything is a matter of negotiation; especially under Ike Perlmutter's reign. I think the word "ban" is elusive to you.

Furthermore, Marvel Infinite's production is not indicitive of anything outside the reach of Capcom's fighting game division (which Devil May Cry isn't being developed by). Were Resident Evil 7 and Monster Hunter World not critically acclaimed?

Last edited:

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan

Honey that's not how the world works.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I like how everyone always goes to Dante having a daughter and not a son. Dante is doomed to forever being surrounded by women putting him in his place.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
You are being extremely dense. No, not everything is a matter of negotiation; especially under Ike Perlmutter's reign. I think the word "ban" is elusive to you.

Furthermore, Marvel Infinite's production is not indicitive of anything outside the reach of Capcom's fighting game division (which Devil May Cry isn't being developed by). Were Resident Evil 7 and Monster Hunter World not critically acclaimed?

Let's agree to disagree on the first point, and regarding the second, sure DMCV can be a quality title, they can still make a boneheaded move and make it exclusive to MS/Windows, alienating their bigger fanbase. Which is how this whole MvC:I topic started. Capcom makes bad deals all the time.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree on your first point, and regarding the second, sure if DMCV is a quality title, they can still make a boneheaded move and make it exclusive to MS/Windows, alienating their bigger fanbase.
You can't disagree with what reality is. Mutants were BANNED from being promoted in any non-comic context. This game entered production when the ban was in place. That's the end of it.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Dante has a daughter to be a cool cousin to Nero and a niece to troll Vergil.
"Just as foolish as your father"

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
You can't disagree with what reality is. Mutants were BANNED from being promoted in any non-comic context. This game entered production when the ban was in place. That's the end of it.

The company that made the ban are the same company that went to Capcom to make a Versus title featuring their IP, no?

They're talking directly to the source, there is always flexibility.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I thought Nero had it so it makes sense he adjusted his style until he gets it back

Yamato's kinda gone, if this is set after DMC4 it makes sense Vergil wouldn't start with it. He could always get a new katana eventually, but Yamato is part of Nero now.

Nero has Yamato.

Makes sense Vergil doesn't have it.

That's why I've said a katana instead of Yamato. I'm really hoping he gets something new because I really liked his moves in DMC3 and 4.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

Marvel was ironclad on their X-Man ban. It was some one off thing, it applied to literally everything. Absolutely no Marvel video game made in that time period could have ever had X-Men characters, no matter what. It was not something up for debate. If a developer refused to make a game without them, Marvel wasn't going to let them make it at all. End of story.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel was ironclad on their X-Man ban. It was some one off thing, it applied to literally everything. Absolutely no Marvel video game made in that time period could have ever had X-Men characters, no matter what. It was not something up for debate. If a developer refused to make a game without them, Marvel wasn't going to let them make it at all. End of story.

I am not too versed on Marvel Heroes, but can you explain this?

Uh, Marvel Heroes has practically every mutant you would want to play already in game. One just got a model update, and they just poured the most resources ever into Deadpools rework in time for his movie that, you guessed it, MARVEL doesnt own. Thats a pretty big hole in your argument.

Also, currently on Marvels UNLIMITED service, Deadpool is the featured character and they've assembled many of his stories. He's a fox character.

Marvel Heroes halved the amount of characters to be released this year because people were complaining that they wanted more work put into the heroes before release. So they're doing that. But that limits who they can make. So they've focused on some highly requested characters and a few that Marvel likely asked them to create / they have a tip from Marvel that the character is going to be hot (ie. Ultron).

As for Beast, I suspect we will see his release randomly. Cheap hero to make. Angel just isnt as important. Yes people want him, but compared to Green Goblin or Fury he received very little hype.

They had 7 heroes to release. There are 19 playable x-men (20 if you include Deadpool, and 24 if you include all Fox owned characters) thats 1/3 of the roster with zero playable Inhumans. I think they had some other priorities if they were going to release 7 heroes in a year.

I think Ban is a strong word. They are obviously going to make a marketing push for characters they own in their most popular mediums. So the movie characters out now, and coming out in the next 5 years are front and center. The comics feature all of these supposedly banned heroes fairly predominantly.

I think this idea that they've banned the use of fox owned characters is an over exaggeration of a basic marketing strategy that every single character driven product has been doing since it was marketable, including DC and Marvel for as long as they've been around.

Where were all the Moon Knight games? Why arent there any Dare Devil games out there? Why arent there any Inhumans playable in Marvel heroes, or many other marvel games for the matter? Why Have only Batman and Superman gotten essentially any media what so ever from DC? No games for nearly any other DC hero.

Also, Lego Marvel Avengers is focused on the movies and the movies heroes. To feature x-men would be brand confusion. Also, notice there are no Inhumans in the game... zero. In fact, there are very few heroes outside of the Avengers and their related characters in the game.

So yeah, you guys are over blowing a pretty basic thing thats been going on looooong before the movie rights disputes. Hell, you point out in every part of your list here that the twins, who are OWNED BY MARVEL and predominant characters for Marvel right now, arent in any of these games either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/447b5z/xmen_ban_in_marvel_games_is_serious_and_concerning/

Or better yet, give me a source on that iron clad ban statement.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The company that made the ban are the same company that went to Capcom to make a Versus title featuring their IP, no?

They're talking directly to the source, there is always flexibility.
Why do you insist on being pigheaded while talking about things you know nothing about? Capcom goes to Marvel to buy a license in order to develop content featuring Marvel characters in their games. Marvel does not go to Capcom for anything. Marvel has dictated what characters are and are not allowed to be put in rosters since their collaboration began. Marvel dictates what characters and storylines are and are not allowed to be put in every single game featuring their characters regardless of who's developing it. There are stipulations to licensing. If Marvel does not want something to be done, then it will not be done. Otherwise, that is a breach of contract.

That's how business works.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you insist on being pigheaded while talking about things you know nothing about? Capcom goes to Marvel to buy a license in order to develop content featuring Marvel characters in their games. Marvel does not go to Capcom for anything. Marvel has dictated what characters are and are not allowed to be put in rosters since their collaboration began. Marvel dictates what characters and storylines are and are not allowed to be put in every single game featuring their characters regardless of who's developing it. There are stipulations to licensing. If Marvel does not want something to be done, then it will not be done. Otherwise, that is a breach of contract.

That's how business works.

First off, relax on the insults, absolutely unnecessary.

Secondly, again, when Capcom approaches Marvel for a license before signing a contract, I am certain there are windows to negotiate certain clauses/items that could be beneficiary to the product that BOTH Marvel and Capcom are making. I have no proof of this, but it makes sense to me as that's how business works.

Also, look at the reddit link I posted and comment on it. You speak of such conviction, show me why.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
We are less than a week away from a possible DMCV reveal and we are talking about Dante's daughter and the X-men marvel ban.... Da fuck?

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
PC version goes even beyond 60FPS (and is where I preordered DmC back then, btw).

Shoulda clarified that I meant console releases, since someone in this thread is convinced DMCV will run at 30fps on console which I don't think has ever been the case for any of the in house Capcom developed DMC games as far as I know.

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I've said a katana instead of Yamato. I'm really hoping he gets something new because I really liked his moves in DMC3 and 4.

That'd make sense, but I've been thinking it'd be nice if Vergil ends up wielding something similar to the sword he used in DMC1 as Nelo Angelo. That'd be a nice little continuity nod, imo.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scalebound was a 60fps title, wasn't it?

If it was, then it's a pretty good indication of how DMC5 might visually look like if they're aiming for 60fps, given that it's a character action game that ran on the UE4.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Scalebound isn't a good indication at all:

- It never released.
- 60fps? I remember it being really inconsistant framerate wise.
- It wasn't developped by Capcom.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It looked like shit in every single one of its showings. Main character design was bad, which is shocking for Platinum. Dragon designs were equally boring. Also shocking for Platinum. And now I don't have to buy an Xbox. I guess morale was probably bad for Platinum after the cancellation, but now it seems like they're able to focus on more interesting concepts and apparently 2 new IPs.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
-"Stylish" cellshaded graphics. (Okami + DMC4)
-"Divisive" Vergil looks. (Think of a Younger looking Geralt from Witcher)
-Locked 60fps.
-One of the 3 main playable characters is sporting a notable Beard.
-Lots of weapons.
-Kamiya involved.
-Not called DMC5 for a reason, involves different timelines during story.
-Downloadable demo pushed to tgs.
-Releases march 2019.
-Microsoft conference.

That would be quite a nice/weird turn of events for DMCV, wouldnt it?

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
-"Stylish" cellshaded graphics. (Okami + DMC4)
-"Divisive" Vergil looks. (Think of a Younger looking Geralt from Witcher)
-Locked 60fps.
-One of the 3 main playable characters is sporting a notable Beard.
-Lots of weapons.
-Kamiya involved.
-Not called DMC5 for a reason, involves different timelines during story.
-Downloadable demo pushed to tgs.
-Releases march 2019.
-Microsoft conference.

That would be quite a nice/weird turn of events for DMCV, wouldnt it?
Dude, I kept thinking that you were racking up leaks, not some prediction/wish-list lol.

But yeah, I'm almost sure that baerded Dante, long haired Vergil and undercut Nero will be a thing, at least two of those, the industry loves redesigning characters.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Vergil has his genocide cutter move from beowulf I am good. Oh and day and date PC release, that Mon Hun delay knocked the wind out of all my hype and it never returned. Hope that that one aspect of the rumor is proven wrong, they won't ban someone just cause they got one small detail incorrect right. ......right?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Real question, is V going top this trailer.

One of the greatest trailers of all time. I don't know if anything will ever top it, but I don't think I've ever been more hyped for a game announcement than this. I can't be held responsible for my actions when I see my boy Vergil's new look.

No way they will do that type of trailers again. That trailer and this one are among the best traielr sin history:

Did they ever make a trailer for GOW as good as this after? Nope. When I asked the directoR of Ascension he told me making such types of trailers requires too much time, resources and funds. So no way anyone will be wasting tremendous amount of efforts to just pull one trailer like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.