• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I said it's gonna to take me a while to search through the dudes evidence cause this was in a discord chat and it was from a month ago, i can't get it in a matter of seconds smh

Not to sound rude but.. yeah.
But you know that no one cares about some random dude on Discord right? It sounds like you don't even really know the guy. People only care about what you decided to post here, claiming to know shit. You should own that instead of deflecting!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly It wouldn't surprise me if Virgil is still dead canonically and only around in flashback/ or in some Nero dreamstate sort of way. At least in the main campaign anyway.

Arsenic13

Nov 11, 2017
If true, glad to hear the story will get some more attention and care. DMC4 was a mess of convoluted anime trope garbage IMO.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Amazing

Forgot to switch to your alt, Zero?

giphy.gif

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing news, I can't wait. Not happy if this is a console permanent exclusive though.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I said it's gonna to take me a while to search through the dudes evidence cause this was in a discord chat and it was from a month ago, i can't get it in a matter of seconds smh

you do realize that Discord as a search option that literally brings up results in seconds right?

From a private DM
4ujbcVs.png

From a public room chat
LtkrnW0.png

you can probably just type in DMC5 or whatever keyword it is in either option and it will take you to any message that has that keyword in seconds. You can pull up the actual info in minutes at most

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I hope they keep Easy difficulty settings.

I'm just saying they better not go the route of Dark Souls / Bloodborne, where there is no setting. That is bullshit in those games

Why would they? They've never done that.

Plus the multiple high level difficulties are part of the appeal.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to end up playing the game and feeling disappointed because this thread has more twists and drama.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Timeline in DMC goes DMC 3 > DMC 1 > DMC 4 > DMC 2
This, with the Devil May Cry anime series placed between DMC1 and 4 (not that everyone would necessarily be pleased by the fact that it's canonical, but I enjoyed it for what it was).

What ? I thought DMC4 takes place after DMC2. What about the Vergil part in DMC4SE? It takes place before DMC3 or before its end at least right?
So when does this DMC5 take place exactly? Before DMC2 or after? From the leak, if Dante is more serious this means after DMC2 which had an apathetic Dante. I really hope it is after DMC2, not only to compensate for the bad world, design, story, characters, fights, powers in DMC2 but at least to show more bombastic bosses showing later in the timeline instead of having DMC5 with great level design and remarkable bosses happening previously then the story unfolds with lame bosses from DMC2. This would sound and look awkward even if you tell a story. This would be as retarded as MGS5 having a metal gear as advanced as the ZOE robots while happening so long before the other games, If you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

raterpillar

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Trailer has been ready for a while now. The initial trailer is 1 minute 50 seconds long (they may add new cuts to trailer to make an extended version since some time has passed from when it was made). It is mostly focused on story, characters and cutscenes. A city like setting is shown in the trailer not that different from Fortuna city in DMC4.

idk, this part sounds like bullshit to me. A trailer ready for a game they're not going to show off for a few months or more?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Well back to the thread topic, i hope there's little to no backtracking in this new game.

Honestly outside of the backtracking, DMC4's structure was the best. You had a diverse locale, puzzles broken up in smaller areas. I really didn't connect with the RE structure of DMC3, it was drab and boring really fast.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
What ? I thought DMC4 takes place after DMC2. What about the Nero part in DMC4SE? It takes place before DMC3 or before its end at least right?
So when does this DMC5 take place exactly? Before DMC2 or after? From the leak, if Dante is more serious this means after DMC2 which had an apathetic Dante. I really hope it is after DMC2, not only to compensate for the bad world, design, story, characters, fights, powers in DMC2 but at least to show more bombastic bosses showing later in the timeline instead of having DMC5 with great level design and remarkable bosses happening previously then the story unfolds with lame bosses from DMC2. This would sound and look awkward even if you tell a story. This would be as retarded as MGS5 having a metal gear as advanced as the ZOE robots while happening so long before the other games, If you understand what I mean.
Tobehonest DMC 2 is likely ignored.
As for DMC 4.the Dante/Nero parts happen after DMC 1, The Vergil part before DMC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.