• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh was looking up random DMC stuff and came across this. Never made the comparison before.

Not to derail from the topic, but damn do I miss Jake Muller and Sherry Birkin and their super-powered hijinks... I've been playing RE6 lately and it's still so much fun, too, especially Agent Hunt (once you are fairly familiar with how the monsters work, that is).
Yes their vision for DmC was a bit laughable after all the buildup

I suppose people are still hung up on that whole Shakespearean writing quote (said by an actor, not anyone actually from NT). Welp, it's still the better DMC game from that console generation (and this one, at least for now).

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
DmC was a good game, a very good action game, but we need one that has a deep combat system on the PS4 and DmC 2 isn't gonna cut it.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The ironic thing about DmC was that Ninja Theory was brought in to improve DMC's story and honestly the story ended up being the worst part of that game. DMC3 had an easily better story
I suppose people are still hung up on that whole Shakespearean writing quote (said by an actor, not anyone actually from NT). Welp, it's still the better DMC game from that console generation (and this one, at least for now).
Said by an actor in a promotional video for the game put together by Ninja Theory.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
In DmC's defense, it had some really lovely skyboxes, and it managed to do a better job of control *density* (that is to say, putting more moves within fewer button presses of the player's reach) than DMC4 did (DMC4 still wins on Dante's overall moveset size and depth/polish, but the control scheme is far from optimal).

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
"For quite some while, we, the Devil May Cry community, have been aware of the existence of a new DMC game. After reading that Hideaki Itsuno plans to unveil his secret project this year, we waited diligently to see what the project was even though we knew full and well what it actually was. We waited through E3, TGS, Paris Games and now we are in late November 2017 with no information about Itsuno's project. We endured through multiple apologies on his part and we do not in any way blame Itsuno for the the current situation."

Woof. The drama is real.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
DmC at least the definitive edition is the best playing Devil May Cry game to date. I hope they take what made DmC's combat feel great and put it into DMC 5.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

It is getting good! Give DMCV to me. Straight into my veins!

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the info in the OP sounds like this will be a wonderful evolution of the old games, if they continue to nail the core combat V should be incredible. Also good on Sony for continuing to fund games we all want to see, if true. Next up Onimusha please!

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone be kind enough to do a summary post linking to all the insider shenanigans and the development of this CHURAZZY thread?

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hello. I have been a dmc fan since the early days, and someone pm'd me on discord early today (before this thread) and told me that DMCV was going to get announced this year at VGA, and told me that if I wanted I could post it on dmc discord, and I did, he/she told me that if it doesnt get shown I could expose him/her on discord.

Then this thread happens with the leak, and the person pm'd me again saying that he/she isnt sure if its vga or psx, but that it will be 100% this year and then told me that I should post that here on this thread on era.

Take this as a grain of salt, but it is very suspicious, me getting that pm from someone random and then this thread happening, maybe there is some truth to it?

I surely would love to see dmcv getting officially announced this year.

Btw. It was not Son of Sparda who pm'd me on discord, just in case.

Hope I am not crossing any lines with this, just wanted to share it with everyone.
Do you know if the game comes to Xbox too?

More people should be able to enjoy it. I really doubt Capcom makes such big franchise exclusive again after releasing them on Xbox too...

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017

More people should be able to enjoy it. I really doubt Capcom makes such big franchise exclusive again after releasing them on Xbox too...

Depends they did this with Dead Rising after MS helped out with that and I'd argue Street Fighter is bigger than DMC worldwide, and with Sony co-funding, that game went console exclusive. Seems to be how Capcom works these days with titles they are unsure of. I don't think this will be PS4 only, rather PS4 + PC.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
"For quite some while, we, the Devil May Cry community, have been aware of the existence of a new DMC game. After reading that Hideaki Itsuno plans to unveil his secret project this year, we waited diligently to see what the project was even though we knew full and well what it actually was. We waited through E3, TGS, Paris Games and now we are in late November 2017 with no information about Itsuno's project. We endured through multiple apologies on his part and we do not in any way blame Itsuno for the the current situation."

Woof. The drama is real.
Wo said this

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
If the game is PS4 exclusive or console exclusive, you can play the best console version on PS4 pro. Don't worry.
And if it would be Switch exclusive I can just play the best console version on Switch, no worries? :P
I obviously want the game on the most powerful console, I upgraded to the X for a reason, it's bad enough that some games still run better on the Pro, not even getting some games on the X is super-annoying. Like I said, it's like if you would upgrade to a 1080ti and then find out that a game only runs on your old 980ti. This, and the lack of visual settings which force you to run the games with crappy performance just to hit a PR resolution, is the cancer of console gaming right now. :/

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone be kind enough to do a summary post linking to all the insider shenanigans and the development of this CHURAZZY thread?

-Op made with lots of detail of DMCV
-Another "insider" chimes in saying it's not true with never specifying which part of the information was false
-Insider vs Insider basically happens then the other guy got banned
-Sunhi makes a great gif
-Geoff Keighly comes in to the mix and finds the gif funny
-A third insider said that the game might be revealed at VGA or PSX

Last edited:

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
And if it would be Switch exclusive I can just play the best console version on Switch, no worries? :P
I obviously want the game on the most powerful console, I upgraded to the X for a reason, it's bad enough that some games still run better on the Pro, not even getting some games on the X is super-annoying. Like I said, it's like if you would upgrade to a 1080ti and then find out that a game only runs on your old 980ti. This, and the lack of visual settings which force you to run the games with crappy performance just to hit a PR resolution, is the cancer of console gaming right now. :/
I hear you plus a lot of JP games skip the console as well.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I am happy with the X because I get to play multiplats at their best. If this is true, this is just another blow to Xbox. Especially after DMC 4 doing so well on the 360. This is also limiting the IP from potential million of customers.

Last time, this didn't work out too good with Street Fighter 5. Street Fighter 4 was also a huge success on the Xbox.

I don't know, maybe it is just an exclusive mode or something. Will see..
Yeah I really dislike the exclusivity stuff, doesn't matter which platform it's about. And the new situation on the X where games run worse than on Pro just because they force you to run the games in a PR statement resolution is seriously bad too. Why not just give us a video settings menu??? I don't get what's the problem. I don't want sub 30 or sub 60 fps on the supposedly best console just because some unnecessary setting is cranked up to 11. I feel like I'm going to go for the PC version in many cases even though I love console gaming.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
DmC at least the definitive edition is the best playing Devil May Cry game to date. I hope they take what made DmC's combat feel great and put it into DMC 5.
It's definitely up there. I still think DMC3 is top-tier, but the changes NT put in for DmCDE were fantastic. It's incredibly fun to play on turbo mode with all the new changes.

I will say that DmC Definitive Edition was absolutely the better overall game over DMC4SE, though. I stand by that.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I disagree with the first part, and partly agree with the second. DmC implemented a few mostly under the hood features that enhanced the game feel, that imo is welcome in the mainline series.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Woof. The drama is real.

You don't understand, they ENDURED through it, and are, somehow, owed it by the developer? I'm not entirely clear on that point, but lets not forget their ENDURANCE.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This leak is making all the rounds at smaller gaming sites. I wonder how long until one of the major ones reports on it too (like Polygon, Kotaku, IGN etc).

This thing has blown up more than the BF2 review thread. Can this eclipse the October NPD? Oh man...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think what Sony is doing is genius. Make GOW evolve while giving people who don't like the direction GOW4 is going, DMC5.

You really think that's why their doing it? I think they know DMC is a franchise with a lot of fans - and a lot of fans on Playstation. They already have a good relationship with Capcom from SFV, and decided to build on it by getting DMCV.

They're just trying to improve the quality of their line up, and this was a good way to secure the game without making a new studio. I don't think this is some master plan so traditional GoW fanboys don't get angry. Besides, the God of War and DMC games aren't really THAT comparable.

God of War has better level design, more puzzles, and is a bit slower and more shallow combat wise. DMC emphasizes combat and stylish gameplay above all else.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sadly I dont know, I was only told that and some other small detail about the Son of Sparda leak, but I chose to keep it only to the dmc discord to avoid getting into trouble here.

I agree with you, the more people that get to play DMCV the better, I also think dmc4 has been the DMC game that has sold the most and that was probably due to it being multiplatform, so unless Sony funded some part of DMCV's development (Like how they supposedly did with SFV, hence the exclusivity) I dont see DMC5 being an exclusive, but I guess we shall know very soon, since this year has only like a month left and 2 gaming events left.

Let us pray for DMCV :D.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You would know there are many, many games specially japanese that aren't on the ONE don't believe Microsoft PR graphics aren't everything when buying these systems

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You don't understand, they ENDURED through it, and are, somehow, owed it by the developer? I'm not entirely clear on that point, but lets not forget their ENDURANCE.

Not sure where you got the part about feeling owed anything. Sure, it's kinda silly, but I think you're exaggerating.

Anyway, not sure what the point of that statement was if they felt their hand was being forced.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You knew the landscape of these consoles when you bought the X, so unless you have been sleeping under a rock you would know quite a few Japanese games skips Xbox. Yes you get the best (console) version of multi platform games, it just so happens DMCV might not be a console multi platform game.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This leak is making all the rounds at smaller gaming sites. I wonder how long until one of the major ones reports on it too (like Polygon, Kotaku, IGN etc).

This thing has blown up more than the BF2 review thread. Can this eclipse the October NPD? Oh man...
Should the major sites begin reporting on it, I would wonder whether that would lead to Sony second-guessing the idea of pushing the reveal all the way back to E3 2018 (and by wonder, I mean hope, because trying to save a trailer made long ago for next year just because their 2017 E3 conference sucked sounds lame).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I'm surprised that none of the major sites are already reporting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.