• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Since yesterday, I've been thirsty for some DMC so I launched back DMC4SE to go through the campaign again but man, the campaign didn't age that welI, imo. So for now, I've been playing Bloody Palace for a bit.

Also DMC truly is not like bicycle for me, I'm playing like trash.

Last edited:

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since yesterday, I've been thirsty for some DMC so I launched back DMC4SE to go through the campaign again but man, the campaign didn't age that welI, imo. So for now, I've been playing some Bloody Palace for a bit.

Also DMC truly is not like bicycle for me, I'm playing like garbage.

DMC 3 Dante and DMC 4 Nero I can slip right back into with ease. After about 20 minutes all the timings for dodging and stuff comes back. DMC 4 Dante? I have to relearn that shit every time, ha.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I agree, it'd be neat to see Dante's Majin Devil Trigger return. Even if briefly.

However, I've been watching some DMC1 videos. I love the action and stuff, but I really miss the horror vibes from the first game. Like even though everything there is very intimidating, you are sufficient enough to kill everything there. The random groans, roars, laughing, etc. Blood and bodies hanging, architecture changing and responding to you, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
For those wanting to play some of the older DMC games...

Devil May Cry (2001):

PS2 Original Release
PS3/Xbox 360 - DMC HD Collection*** Most Recommended (digital or physical)

Devil May Cry 2 (2002):
PS2 Original Release
PS3/Xbox 360 - DMC HD Collection***Most Recommended (digital or physical)

Devil May Cry 3 SE (2006)
PS2 Original Release
PC - NOT RECOMMENDED. (Terrible PC port. Requires Mods to work well. But once mods are in place, works well enough, although with some hiccups and glitches.)

Devil May Cry 4 (2008) / Devil May Cry 4 SE (2015)
PS3/Xbox 360
PS4/Xbox One
PC***Most Recommended

NInja Theory's DmC: Devil May Cry (2012) / DmC Definitive Edition (2015)
PS3/Xbox 360 *** Not Recommended (only runs at 30 fps, not the definitive edition)
PS4/Xbox One***Most Recommended (Definitive Edition)
PC (great port but it's not the Definitive Edition)

TLDR; The HD Collection on PS3/Xbox 360 is the best way to play DMC1 and DMC3. PC port of DMC3 is not good, requires mods. DMC4 and Ninja Theory's DMC can safely be played on a variety of platforms.

DMC2 can be skipped. It's a low point in the series, and it doesn't have anything to do with the overall story arch.
If somebody has some links to good DMC3 mods / tutorials that'd be great. I know controller mod support is needed, and something to do with the audio flles? That they cause a big hit on the game's performance or something. Let me know and I'll put it in here.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I still can't believe Capcom hasn't fixed DMC 3 PC.

It's a fucking travesty. It makes it so damn hard to play that game, when in theory any random laptop should be able to run a game like that. It would be so easy to recommend this way.

Nobody wants to pull out their old PS3's or whatnot and hook them up just to play DMC1 and DMC3. Those are like, one of the two best games Capcom has ever made. I don't get it, a simple port job of the HD Collection would be a decent starting point.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that if this does turn out to be true then we get a boss like Agni and Rudra. One of my happiest moments was when I beat these two and got them as weapons. Right now I don't care when its coming out, I just want to know that it exists.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Would not be surprised if a collection is in the works for PS4/XB1/Switch/PC.

There was a random leak of DMC1 artwork on Steam. Got changed mad quick.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have had DMCV leaks.

We got big bog, big steak bets.

We have mod/admins chiming in.

We have had leakers vs leakers action.

We have body bags.

We have gif from Sunhilegend.

We have the Pope himself gracing us with his presence.

We have other news site reporting on this leak.

We have people STREAMING the leak as it happens real time.

The only thing left now is for Itsuno to grace us with his presence.
It's like we never left.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I agree, it'd be neat to see Dante's Majin Devil Trigger return. Even if briefly.

However, I've been watching some DMC1 videos. I love the action and stuff, but I really miss the horror vibes from the first game. Like even though everything there is very intimidating, you are sufficient enough to kill everything there. The random groans, roars, laughing, etc. Blood and bodies hanging, architecture changing and responding to you, etc.

I always loved that part in DMC1 where the bat swarms kill you when you step outside the light and you have to drive the Nightmare Beta. And when Dante's getting shot by all those crossbow guys after fighting that huge boss made of fingers, and Trish is like "look at all that juice".

DMC1 is best DMC

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The community kinda did that for them

Yeah, but the reality is people don't want to, nor should they be expected to mod the game to be working at a reasonable state, let along something as obvious as controller support.

A lot of people are still buying the PC version and returning it with poor reviews of it not working properly. Not a good look. It's probably the reason why month by month the DMC HD Collection is usually in the top 15 digital PSN sales for PS3. Because there is really no other way to play DMC1 or DMC3 but the HD Collection.

I know the RE4 PC port was shit too for the longest time until Capcom released the RE4 Ultimate HD port on PC a few years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

Is there a screen grab of this? This is something that would mean a lot to me if true. I can't be bothered to carry all these systems with me, and having DMC1 and DMC3 on PC proper would be fantastic as I could play them on my semi-ok gaming laptop.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
if the reveal is really coming next week ...

1E76257610218515FE178AF516A197BDB9B1B234
Geoff basically confirmed it for TGA

thats how I chose to read into it

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe Capcom hasn't fixed DMC 3 PC.
Works on my shit laptop. All i had to do was a install a bloody mod that removes all the sound from the game and play it in a tiny window. Meanwhile DMC4 runs at a buttery smooth 60fps even when i have other tabs open or am recording. Its ridiculous. Not gonna lie though , styleswitch mod is goat.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a screen grab of this? This is something that would mean a lot to me if true. I can't be bothered to carry all these systems with me, and having DMC1 and DMC3 on PC proper would be fantastic as I could play them on my semi-ok gaming laptop.
No screengrab, it came around the Halloween sales IIRC. It was the NA cover art for DMC1.

Could just be some intern messing up though.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, but the reality is people don't want to, nor should they be expected to mod the game to be working at a reasonable state, let along something as obvious as controller support.

A lot of people are still buying the PC version and returning it with poor reviews of it not working properly. Not a good look. It's probably the reason why month by month the DMC HD Collection is usually in the top 15 digital PSN sales for PS3. Because there is really no other way to play DMC1 or DMC3 but the HD Collection.

I know the RE4 PC port was shit too for the longest time until Capcom released the RE4 Ultimate HD port on PC a few years ago.
I was literally just about to pop in and mention this, lol. I would love a DMC collection for current Consoles and PC (Switch would be sweet too, for some DMC3 on the go). I really can't believe It hasn't happened yet, especially considering how popular the series still is, and how port happy Capcom has been lately.

It would mean a lot to me as well, as DMC3 is one of my favorite games ever (DMC4 is better in so e ways to me, but DMC3's campaign and especially boss design is far superior). DMC1 is showing it's age now, but I still find it fun to go back to, and it's just a really nostalgic game for me. DMC2 is... well, the less said about that game, the better, lol. Still, DMC1-3 on current platforms or even just PC would be great. I don't wanna have to turn on my PS3 anymore just to play these games, y'all. :/

Hmmm, I would be interested in seeing this as well, if possible.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
For those wanting to play some of the older DMC games...

Devil May Cry (2001):

PS2 Original Release

Devil May Cry 2 (2002):
PS2 Original Release
PS3/Xbox 360 - DMC HD Collection***Most Recommended (digital or physical)

Devil May Cry 3 SE (2006)
PS2 Original Release
PC - NOT RECOMMENDED. (Terrible PC port. Requires Mods to work well. But once mods are in place, works well enough, although with some hiccups and glitches.)

Devil May Cry 4 (2008) / Devil May Cry 4 SE (2015)
PS3/Xbox 360
PS4/Xbox One
PC***Most Recommended

NInja Theory's DmC: Devil May Cry (2012) / DmC Definitive Edition (2015)
PS3/Xbox 360 *** Not Recommended (only runs at 30 fps, not the definitive edition)
PS4/Xbox One***Most Recommended (Definitive Edition)
PC (great port but it's not the Definitive Edition)

TLDR; The HD Collection on PS3/Xbox 360 is the best way to play DMC1 and DMC3. PC port of DMC3 is not good, requires mods. DMC4 and Ninja Theory's DMC can safely be played on a variety of platforms.

DMC2 can be skipped. It's a low point in the series, and it doesn't have anything to do with the overall story arch.
If somebody has some links to good DMC3 mods / tutorials that'd be great. I know controller mod support is needed, and something to do with the audio flles? That they cause a big hit on the game's performance or something. Let me know and I'll put it in here.

Thanks for this post!

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a great time to go back into dmc3 se hype, I made this video eons ago, its an AMV of Vergil in all his glory.

LETS GET MOTIVATED!

Imagine Vergil's comeback in dmcv if it ever gets materialized.

Note: put up a link of the video that someone else uploaded on their youtube channel to avoid being charged of self promotion xD.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this is true. Love me a bit of DMC hope they get the replayability nailed this time as I will likely replay it at least 10 times. DMC 4 was a bit tedious with having to double back on yourself in the second half which felt like you had played the game twice as much.

I hope the use of the word immersion in the OP's post has a bit of a hidden meaning to it because Moss highlighted how a character action game can work in VR, also how good it can be as well. Though I would be perfectly happy if it doesn't as I just want a proper DMC again.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is Ryûhei Kitamura (the director of Versus movie and Azumi movie which had Kojima playing a role in it and portraying a cameo parody of Raiden/President and Grey Fox/Ocelot, and the direcor of the fancy-cheesy actions cinematics in both MGS TTS and DMC3) directing the cinematics in DMC5? DMC4 lacked those exaggerated but fun moments.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ryûhei Kitamura (the director of Versus movie and Azumi movie which had Kojima playing a role in it and portraying a cameo parody of Raiden/President and Grey Fox, and the direcor of the fancy-cheesy actions cinematics in both MGS TTS and DMC3) directing the cinematics in DMC5? DMC4 lacked those exaggerated but fun moments.

Dante will use an entire yacht as a Nun Chuk this time around

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ryûhei Kitamura (the director of Versus movie and Azumi movie which had Kojima playing a role in it and portraying a cameo parody of Raiden/President and Grey Fox, and the direcor of the fancy-cheesy actions cinematics in both MGS TTS and DMC3) directing the cinematics in DMC5? DMC4 lacked those exaggerated but fun moments.
Leak says Yuji Shimomura is doing the cutscene direction, who is actually the one that did the cutscenes in DMC3. Bayo 1 and 2 as well.

4's cutscenes definitely lacked the same kinetic feel and craziness, I agree though. I too hope that they'll be kicked up enough to match the ambition Itsuno has for this game.

Oct 25, 2017
wat

I must rewatch Azumi now.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've honesty never played a DMC game, other than a little bit of DmC. This makes me super excited, but I'm also a bit depressed that this unfortunately means DD2 isn't going to happen. Hopefully this is going to be even better, sounds like it so far.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited to hear the news about DMCV. The first Devil May Cry is one of the few games I can remember playing for the first time. When I heard that the fate of Devil May Cry would rely on the sells of DMC4SE I decided to buy 3 copies. (Two physical Japanese copies and one PC version.) I have a physical Xbox one version but no Xbox one. So whoever quotes me first that wants a physical Xbox one version of DMC4SE will have it sent to you free of charge.

Deleted member 19761

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leak says Yuji Shimomura is doing the cutscene direction, who is actually the one that did the cutscenes in DMC3. Bayo 1 and 2 as well.

4's cutscenes definitely lacked the same kinetic feel and craziness, I agree though. I too hope that they'll be kicked up enough to match the ambition Itsuno has for this game.

I love the cutscenes in those games and am sure they'll do a great job on DMCV, but who is responsible for the DMC4 cutscenes? They're probably my favorite in any game ever and I find them super rewatchable.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I can bet that the strong new playable character is
Sparda. Nolan North is must be involved too. This can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19761

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gah do you ever just think about how hype Dante's comeback trailer will be! And it will be the same as Vergil and Nero's holy fuck I really hope this is unveiled at the VGAs or PSX.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the cutscenes in those games and am sure they'll do a great job on DMCV, but who is responsible for the DMC4 cutscenes? They're probably my favorite in any game ever and I find them super rewatchable.
It was also Shimomura. Dude basically has as much of a close connection to the OG series as Itsuno does. Which makes it extra disappointing that those cutscenes didn't hit the same highs. But then again, lot of things surround DMC4 were disappointing. Lack of time and money and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.