• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the OG version, though I had a lot of issues with it (largely the story and a few gameplay choices), but ultimately the reason I dropped it is because I got bored. Way too easy to SSS and it lost its luster when it came to combos. I have DE, but I need to put some time into it. Really haven't played it much. I mean, as soon as I got a PS4 and was about to play that, DMC4SE hit followed by Arkham Knight. Followed not too terribly long after by Transformers.

So I didn't really touch it.

Fixed, you savage.

Lmao!!
3168622.gif

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
That's fine. I still insist that if Capcom had a proprietary very good looking engine developed for this gen, they should have used it to show-off. Almost every company this gen are relying on new in-house current-gen developed engines. For a long awaited come back of DMC5, I wanted this game to shine the most using the best engine the company has.
This is very true, which is why we know the engine is dead, if they ever had that thing even close to up and running without issues then they would have broadcasted to the ends of the Earth.
It's dead Jim.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same with dmc4, Dante didn't have any crowd control options compared to 3 where his moves had wider hit boxes.
Lucifer was the crowd control option. The little spins Dante does in Lucifer's basic combo strings do cover a full 180 in front of him and when you detonate the pins, they have surprising stopping power so they'll consistently interrupt a lot of things.

Admittedly Lucifer's CC niche didn't become obvious until my God Must Die run where I really needed that kind of stuff, but it's there.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
54 pages (and counting) for a rumored game...what are you guys gonna discuss about if it's real? LOL

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is making me want to play dmc4 again...

Special edition doesn't work on my new pc for some reason and I can't figure it out, so I was gonna get it for ps4. Was there never a physical version released? Is it only on psn?

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 has been my most wanted game going on nearly a decade now (along with a Snake Eater remake), seeing that it might actually come to fruition is giving me anxiety, I need to see it now

Also, "hot dad" Dante is a must, complete with beard

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I don't understand the reverence for old Dante and hate for DmC Dante. Old Dante was the definition of cringe. Also, I really enjoyed DmC and would've loved to see them iron some of the problems out in a sequel.

I feel the same way. The very first game will always be my favorite, but DmC is right up there. I certainly enjoyed it more than 3 or 4.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna tease it's just that I'm wondering if I should say something. Okay I say this since I know fans have speculate about it before:

DMCV is not on MT framework (MHW's engine)

Not surprising. MHW is clearly made with asset reuse in mind for the future. So they pickrd a reliable and tested engine for example for whatever kind of MH made for Switch

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Not sure if these have been posted already in this thread, but these clips strongly imply DM5 has been in development for 2 years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiD_2j5B3Lg
https://youtu.be/DrSAydJm4SY?t=19m38s

The second video is a fun watch overall with a bunch of tidbits about DMC. Like how Capcom wanted Dan Southworth to portray Dante in DMC4 because Capcom was worried Reuben Langdon represented young Dante too much.

And as a bonus clip, witness this amazing motion capture of the frog boss in DMC4: https://youtu.be/Tbnto00WEwU?t=45s

Status
Not open for further replies.