• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Same as last time. Itsuno did consulting on DmC. Maybe Capcom is even helping with development somewhat, but the brunt of the game would be NT (and seeing how well they handle UE4, it'd be a gorgeous game).

Gorgeous maybe, but UE4 isn't known for having responsive controls, at least in it's current form, which is absolutely mandatory for this kind of game.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah. I'd rather Itsuno work on the game directly with his Dragon's Dogma team after having so much fun with that game recently.

The Definitive Edition of DmC holds up really well, and it's a great showing of incorporating fan feedback to boot. A DmC2 would be even better than that, so one can only hope for this game to eventually come out.
Gorgeous maybe, but UE4 isn't known for having responsive controls, at least in it's current form, which is absolutely mandatory for this kind of game.

Most fighting games this generation use UE4, so in what universe does it not have responsive controls?

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I'm really glad to hear about the destructible/interactive environments, I always felt that the previous entries were lacking a sense of dynamics when you just went from room to room that were all flat and had no objects. So many games promise cool battles/destructible environments and many end up failing to deliver on that promise, such as games like The Bouncer.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The reactions of some people in this thread are downright childish, in regards to DmC merely existing. Just imagine if this leak is actually about DmC2. You can still have Itsuno working on it but the game would actually be developed by NT and the plans for the inclusion of Nero actually mean DmC's version of Nero. Now that I would be excited to see.
I'd rather not have a company that makes bad action games and shit on devil may cry fanbase touch the series ever again

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Definitive Edition of DmC holds up really well, and it's a great showing of incorporating fan feedback to boot. A DmC2 would be even better than that, so one can only hope for this game to eventually come out.

I think its pretty clear the majority of the hype is about a return to the old DMC1-4 continuity, with the original Dante, Vergil, Nero. Not NT's "modern" edgy takes. The fact that they're bringing back the original voice actors, as well as the DMC3/4 cutscene director, and naming it DMCV, it couldnt be more clear they're forgetting DmC ever happen and moving away from that world.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's great that DmC shit does not go on. Capcom's only way was to bring back the iconic Devil May Cry. If the rumors are true, this game will be awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
Most fighting games this generation use UE4, so in what universe does it not have responsive controls?

In this universe?

That should be fixed now I believe, there was an updated version of UE4 that fixed the input delay by 2-3 frames I think.

I must admit im kind of outta the loop for that one, but didn't Epic just release a fix in the SDK and developers still have to implement it? Wasn't Street Fighter for example scheduled to receive the patch in question next year?

I'm not a dev so I may be wrong but... I don't think a game enginge is responsible for how responsive controls are.

Thats like saying the engine in a car has nothing to do with how fast a car can accelerate. ;)

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather not have a company that makes bad action games and shit on devil may cry fanbase touch the series ever again

I can't disagree with you more. They make great games, period. Not only that, but they made the best game the DMC series has seen so far. Getting a great game is not being shat on, but if you feel as such (and as passionately as to be felt as actual feces fell on you), then feel free to continue to feel that way.
I think its pretty clear the majority of the hype is about a return to the old DMC1-4 continuity, with the original Dante, Vergil, Nero. Not NT's "modern" edgy takes. The fact that they're bringing back the original voice actors, as well as the DMC3/4 cutscene director, and naming it DMCV, it couldnt be more clear they're forgetting DmC ever happen and moving away from that world.

Seeing as how the "leak" is completely unsubstantiated so far, maybe some of these details about voice actors and such are merely wrong or wishful thinking? Besides, not only getting a DmC2 would mean getting a great game (regardless of your personal feelings on the setting and such), it'd be amazing to see the reactions of the people who get "triggered" by merely mentioning DmC.

Are you arguing that SFV and MvC:I have unresponsive controls? Or Tekken 7?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how the "leak" is completely unsubstantiated so far, maybe some of these details about voice actors and such are merely wrong or wishful thinking? Besides, not only getting a DmC2 would mean getting a great game (regardless of your personal feelings on the setting and such), it'd be amazing to see the reactions of the people who get "triggered" by merely mentioning DmC.

It feels more like the wishful thinking is on your part here, wanting to handwave away certain details to fit a narrative thats not hinted at all in the OP. Just so you can jerk off to salty reactions.

I hope you dont cry when DMC5 gets announced and NT isn't involved

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels more like the wishful thinking is on your part here, wanting to handwave away certain details to fit a narrative thats not hinted at all in the OP. Just so you can jerk off to salty reactions.

I hope you dont cry when DMC5 gets announced and NT isn't involved

Why would I cry? I have stated on this very thread that I'll play and enjoy whatever comes out next from this series, as long as it's a good game (on par with DmC, DMC3 or DMC1). It's not on me that some people think praising DmC is tantamount to shitting on DMC or whatever. And, no, I would not j/o over anything, but again, it's not on me that people would be salty if DmC2 gets announced. My wishful thinking here is no different from the wishful thinking of every poster that read the leak and took it as a sign of a new DMC game.
  • Itsuno's team that worked on previous DMC games and Dragon's Dogma is working on DMCV.
Again, while they might be working on it, there's no guarantee it'll actually be called DMCV or even be a continuation of DMC4. Unless you are also an insider who can vouch for the contents of this leak?
Why would NT want to work on DMC ever again? Are they masochist? Why would Capcom ever want to work with them again? Are they stupid?

Ninja Theory are an ace developer, Capcom would be lucky to have them working on DMC again.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Again, while they might be working on it, there's no guarantee it'll actually be called DMCV or even be a continuation of DMC4. Unless you are also an insider who can vouch for the contents of this leak?

What does me being an insider have to do with anything? You stated no part of the leak discounted the possibility of NT working on the game which ignores the part of the leak that states Capcom is working on the game. I'm not sure what more you're looking for here.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
I can't disagree with you more. They make great games, period. Not only that, but they made the best game the DMC series has seen so far. Getting a great game is not being shat on, but if you feel as such (and as passionately as to be felt as actual feces fell on you), then feel free to continue to feel that way.

I can't comment on the quality of DmC because I told myself I wouldn't try to play anymore Ninja Theory games shortly before the rumor came out that they will be making a new Devil May Cry game but when people say they were shat on they are not really talking about the game itself. They are talking about how NT treated the previous games in the series and the fans of those games whenever they opened their mouths.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't funny at this point, it's sad.

Please tell me what's sad about it? I want to comment on this leak as much as anyone, except I'm not taking it as a guaranteed DMC5 one, but that a new DMC game is being worked on, which could be DmC2. And I think Ninja Theory did a great job on DmC and that we would be lucky to get a new DMC game from them. I'm not being off-topic, am I?

HighkeyGhoul

Oct 28, 2017
That should be fixed now I believe, there was an updated version of UE4 that fixed the input delay by 2-3 frames I think.

This has to be implemented on a game by game basis. Most UE4 fighters (all I think, actually) have like 5 frames of input lag.

So yeah the SDK got updated but not that games that currently use UE4

Also DMC was horrid. Color coded enemies are the bane of fluid action. There were some good ideas there, but honestly the series needs a return to form. Devil May Cry has a style and attitude all its own.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does me being an insider have to do with anything? You stated no part of the leak discounted the possibility of NT working on the game which ignores the part of the leak that states Capcom is working on the game. I'm not sure what more you're looking for here.

I'm not saying Capcom isn't working on it. I'm saying both Capcom and NT are, same as before. Has the leaker stated outright that Ninja Theory is not involved?
I can't comment on the quality of DmC because I told myself I wouldn't try to play anymore Ninja Theory games shortly before the rumor came out that they will be making a new Devil May Cry game but when people say they were shat on they are not really talking about the game itself. They are talking about how NT treated the previous games in the series and the fans of those games whenever they opened their mouths.

Yeah, as a fan of DMC games, I never felt "badly treated" by NT or w/e. They made a good game, I felt great about getting it and even better double-dipping on PC and triple-dipping on PS4. And not to be off-topic, but you shouldn't miss out on Hellblade.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

not to mention they've been all hands on deck making Hellblade since early 2014. And its not like Capcom needs Ninja Theory, at all, to make DMC games.

This is a odd thing to harp on, when all the evidence and logical deduction points towards NT not being involved whatsoever.

Wesley-Σ

Oct 26, 2017
Ninja Theory are an ace developer
Not quite.

Ninja Theory had some poor game design philosophies (that still carried into the DE). I will always give credit where it is due, though. DmC was undoubtedly best combat engine to come from a western developer. Though they had Itsuno and people like Saur helping with it.

I recently played Hellblade and it was incredibly poor as a game.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
DmC didn't meet sales expectations and NT also got a lot of flak from the community.

I'm not sure whether the DmC preachers remember this:
https://kotaku.com/5873587/developer-receives-death-threats-over-new-devil-may-cry-game
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ing-else-dmc-related-nor-is-anything-planned/

There's no way NT is involved or that the DmC reboot is continued in any shape or form, if DMC V is a reality.

Thing is everybody's implicitly confirming the game is happening, better question would be when do we get
to see it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 doesn't need shit from DmC. It can stand on its own without using anything from some weirdo shitty emo game made by an external dev.
Grow up breh.

DmC actually had some good ideas, especially when it came to making the game more accessible. Having a dedicated launcher button was one of those things, and honestly that's just smart. Pressing three separate things to do something so fundamental to the core gameplay is just dumb. Honestly it'll be interesting to see what they take from games released since DMC4, mainly talking about Platinum's. Will it have dodge offset? Will it seamlessly simultaneously offer both hard lock-on and auto lock-on like Bayonetta? Maybe even its own idea of witch time? Or a maybe a core parry mechanic(that doesn't require use to change to a specific style)?

Surely it won't just be a reskinned DMC4, and there actually has been progress since.

Good. Unreal Engine 4 is a great engine and they've done really well on SFV with it.
I don't know about that. It's a game with two characters on screen and kinda okay-looking scenery with a lot of low-res textures. If they're actually using UE4 for DMC5, I sure would be interested in seeing what this game looks like on PS4Amateur.

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know about Marvel Infinite, but SF V and Tekken 7 did actually struggle with input lag. Harada was the one to bring attention to the engine, in fact, when he said some frames of lag were inherent to the engine, and there was nothing they could do.

From where I can tell, so far I have played zero UE4 games that had input troubles. And I'm pretty sure input lag is more of a problem in a game like SFV than DMC, so if the controls in SFV don't bother me, I probably wouldn't be bothered by the controls in a UE4 DMC game.
There is nothing anywhere that suggests this.

But the leak is not yet confirmed, is it? Again, maybe the leaker only knows that a new DMC game is in development and he filled in some blanks with wishful thinking when in actuality, its DmC2. Besides, wanting or hoping for a DmC2 shouldn't be a problem, and it's not off-topic to comment on the leak as if it refers to a new DmC game from NT.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 things I want.

1)Nero to get more weapons and keep Yamato(Vergil can get a new sword.)
2)The writers remember that Dante is actually capable of being serious. They went to goofy in DMC4 IMO.
3)No Vergil redemption arc.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as a fan of DMC games, I never felt "badly treated" by NT or w/e. They made a good game, I felt great about getting it and even better double-dipping on PC and triple-dipping on PS4. And not to be off-topic, but you shouldn't miss out on Hellblade.

That's fine if you feel that way, I'm just explaining what happened. I hear good things about Hellblade but I still wont play a Ninja Theory game especially after their behavior during the development of DmC. It's fine that it never bothered you but their actions bothered me so I can't bring myself to support anything they do.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
That's fine if you feel that way, I'm just explaining what happened. I hear good things about Hellblade but I still wont play a Ninja Theory game especially after their behavior during the development of DmC. It's fine that it never bothered you but their actions bothered me so I can't bring myself to support anything they do.
What behavior during development? I'm not sure I remember what they did.

But the leak is not yet confirmed, is it? Again, maybe the leaker only knows that a new DMC game is in development and he filled in some blanks with wishful thinking when in actuality, its DmC2. Besides, wanting or hoping for a DmC2 shouldn't be a problem, and it's not off-topic to comment on the leak as if it refers to a new DmC game from NT.
The leak said that internally it's being called Devil May Cry V. Not to mention the VA and developers from older non-DmC games are involved, it's a pretty forgone conclusion that it's not DmC2.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm still not sold on the idea of using UE4. It may be a decent option for fighting games, but a DMC would require a bit more for 60fps.

What about the RE Engine, perhaps?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The leak said that internally it's being called Devil May Cry V. Not to mention the VA and developers from older non-DmC games are involved, it's a pretty forgone conclusion that it's not DmC2.

I don't think it's on me to tell you that the leak might be wrong. It might be a forgone conclusion for you, but not for me. Ninja Theory was not all hands on deck developing Hellblade (just watch the dev diaries), so I'm pretty sure they're working on a game for some publisher out there. It'd be aces if it was DmC2, and since maybe the only right thing about this leak is that a new DMC game exists, then it might just be it.
I'm still not sold on the idea of using UE4. It may be a decent option for fighting games, but a DMC would require a bit more for 60fps.

What about the RE Engine, perhaps?

I would think that the RE Engine was built with first-person and VR in mind, not character action games, so it would require a lot of reworking. Then again, maybe RE8 is an all-out action RE game, and the work is already done?

Still, if the new DMC game exists at all, I would wager it's either UE4 or the Deep Down engine, really.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's on me to tell you that the leak might be wrong. It might be a forgone conclusion for you, but not for me. Ninja Theory was not all hands on deck developing Hellblade (just watch the dev diaries), so I'm pretty sure they're working on a game for some publisher out there. It'd be aces if it was DmC2, and since maybe the only right thing about this leak is that a new DMC game exists, then it might just be it.
You're doing gymnastics fam.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be DmC2, come on son. I can only imagine the amount of shit that would rain down on Capcom if it were.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Please tell me what's sad about it? I want to comment on this leak as much as anyone, except I'm not taking it as a guaranteed DMC5 one, but that a new DMC game is being worked on, which could be DmC2. And I think Ninja Theory did a great job on DmC and that we would be lucky to get a new DMC game from them. I'm not being off-topic, am I?
Do you have sources that confirm this? Because if not you're not really commenting on this leak.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
The leak might be wrong, absolutely, and it's possible DMCV is not in development. It's also possible NO Devil May Cry game is in development either. But within the context of the leak, it's pretty clear it's a followup to DMC4 and not DmC.

I would also absolutely play a new DmC game, but this leak is not indicating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.