• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, the team didn't intentionally mean any ill-will in those slides. They were simply clarifying using major exaggeration their direction for the artstyle. I agree it was tactless of them to do so though, considering the eggshells they were already walking on.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
OPGYEdn.jpg

I can't believe this is real.
Like, fuckin' why?

Okay just a tiny update/leak: (I'll add these to OP as well)

- PlayStation 4 first, PC later. (highly unlikely to be on any other platform)
- Unreal Engine 4
Alright. This makes me happy. Double dip unless the PC version comes out a month or so after the PS4 version.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it comes to PC in a timely manner then I'm in. Still waiting on buying a PS4 so I may not have one when it drops. Sucks for Xbox only gamers though

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- Unreal Engine 4
I don't think thats a good ideia to just release in two plataforms, Devil May Cry need to sell well, and the best way is releasing in other plataforms too, XONE wouldn't help much, but i think it would sell well on Switch.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
I totally did not see that. That's fucking terrible.

It was at that point that really cemented me never playing anymore of their games. On the flipside it means I can never really have any constructive conversation about DmC so I usually stop even reading any Devil May Cry conversation once DmC is brought up despite it being one of my favorite game series of all time and meaning a lot to me personally, but the DMCV hype is too strong.

- Unreal Engine 4

I can definitely see myself double dipping for this game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Are you arguing that SFV and MvC:I have unresponsive controls? Or Tekken 7?
Maybe not unresponsive, but less responsive compared to their previous entries. SFV & T7 in particular got a ton of flack for their input delay (though at least SFV was able to get the input delay down to 6 frames compared to the original 8 frames). While granted, the most recent build of UE4 fixed some of that inherent delay, that would require the entire game to be ported to the new build & debugged (Harada even mentioned that getting Tekken 7 to the new build of UE4 to reduce the input delay would take a while). The same applies to SFV, MvCI, & DBFZ.

- Unreal Engine 4
Not surprising, though hopefully Capcom used the most recent build of UE4 for DMCV to reduce input delay (as I mentioned above). As for the PC version, I'd gladly double-dip if my little brother wasn't hogging the PC 95% of the time.

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

- Unreal Engine 4
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey hey goodbye Phil.
Hey Phil, I like you where you've try to be more video game-oriented with XBOX instead of more Kinect functionality and the possibility of digital rights management but you've got to step it up with reaching developers, Japanese developers for any XBOX One gamer to play. You've got Dragon Ball FighterZ and Code Vein, so let's reach it out for more, shall we?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think thats a good ideia to just release in two plataforms, Devil May Cry need to sell well, and the best way is releasing in other plataforms too, XONE wouldn't help much, but i think it would sell well on Switch.

Well if Sony is helping foot the bill for development in the first place, there may not be a choice...

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No Xbox release is a shame. Don't have one myself, but I hate to have people left out like that.

But man, Sony must be spending a lot of money on this deal. I wonder if Capcom saw it as that big a risk, or if this was Sony's suggestion.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed by lack of Xbone ver since it would've been nice game to play on my X...

I guess I'll go with PS4 oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
I really think there's no reason at all to continue with the whole DmC vs DMC drama. Now, the leak is still not confirmed, but since we're all assuming it's true, I think that's all the evidence we need that both can coexist with no bad blood at all.

Maybe DmC 2 under Ninja Theory could happen while Itsuno works on Dragon's Dogma 2, or a new IP, once they're done with DMC V. Who knows. It's a non-issue now that we know it didn't kill the series. If you don't like the Ninja Theory games, just wait for the Capcom ones. It was an actual problem and something I also worried about, as much as I like DmC, but now it's not the case anymore. Just move on, for the love of God.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that scene part of a montage where godzilla was going around killing a bunch of other monsters in no time flat, and the main bad guy was getting pissed off about it? (hence the music) I just watched it the other day but it's still kind of hazy.

I wouldn't call it a montage per se, because there's stuff in-between, but yeah, it's part of a series where Godzilla just stomps from country to country beating everything and everyone that stands in his way. I think Zilla was like the 2nd or 3rd monster in that series (haven't seen that movie in a long time). A lot of monsters got the short end, but Zilla definitely got it the worst (shortest fight ever in a Godzilla movie actually).The Sum 41 son was only played during that single "fight", though.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best possible outcome is to make DMCV and DLC afterwards that continues the story for an entirely different game?

You realize how - from a business and game development perspective - this doesn't make any sense at all, right?

I think it'd be nice to have a side story as divorced from the convoluted plot set by DMC4, yes. And why doesn't it make sense? We've had examples of DLC that focused on settings and characters far removed from the plot of a game.

Jimmy Wrong

Nov 20, 2017
Just do it like Godzilla Final Wars where Japanese Godzilla destroys the 90's American one in no time flat.

Nah. There's literally no reason for people who liked New Dante and Old Dante to be at loggerheads. DmC was a cool game with a basis in European comics (specifically the kind of barely-disguised satire Pat Mills used in strips like Nemesis The Warlock or Slaine). Having grown up on 2000ad, I adored it, and it's really special to me as a game. It'll never have a sub-par sequel like 2 or 4 that's only really exceptional for high level combo players but doesn't hold together as an action adventure... in my opinion.

If people want the apolitical Ninja Scroll Dante who eats pizza all day and calls a demonic clone of his dead mother "babe" all day back... I don't really feel great about the sexual politics of DMC Classic (because they kind of objectively suck), but I don't feel threatened by Peter Pan Syndrome Dante and his animeness, I'm happy for people to enjoy that game.

There's no reason for them to feel threatened by snake-hipped, bisexual anarchopunk New Dante either, I think?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It doesn't seem like any Japanese game that has skipped the Xbox One has specifically regretted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.