Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Son of Sparda, Nov 26, 2017.
"You want to play all these Japanese games........"
No, I just want DMC. I'll trade VC4 for DMCV in a heartbeat. lol
This may or may not be DMCV related but it has been making the rounds on DMC related communities so it’s worth posting here.
The user who posted this wishes to remain anonymous but they contacted me to share this information.
Apparently there’s a company called Player Research located in Brighton, UK that is currently taking in players to test a new game. Normally it’s for standard mobile and console type game but this new game has a peculiar type of games on the list:
The list of games is interesting because it lists DMC, Bayonetta, God of War and Infinite Blade on there along with other action/adventure games. Based on the leaks, this could very much point to DMCV. Note that Capcom is not really know for playtesting their games here so take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt.
Also if you are in the Brighton, UK area… heads up for this.
YO BRB BUYING A TICKET TO BRIGHTON, UK!
Those are EVO attendance numbers per game. In 2017, SFV pulled just shy of 3x the numbers IJ did, and KI...wasn't...even...there.
UMVC3 didn't pull as much as Rev2 did, and Rev2's numbers were right up alongside IJ's.
Tekken is cross-platform, but I will bet you money-match cash that the PS4 version has outsold the XBO version by clear and decisive margins.
So is this about sales figures, availability on platforms or the number of people actively playing them? Because I'm trying to figure out what foundation your argument is attempting to stand upon.
Capcom won't be able to mantain both series, without losing potential sales on each game.
Isn't Infinity Blade that mobile game with really nice graphics and crappy-ass Punchout style gameplay though
It's probably not DMCV... but the choice of games in there like God of War, DMC and Bayonetta is hella suspect..
If I had to guess I think it's some stylized action game for mobiles. It has Star Wars and Infinite Blade on there.
It's based on the assumption he's actually trying to make an argument and isn't shitposting.
Responses here are some of the most obvious "proxy-war" interactions in the entire hobby. We're back in the post-PS2 era where people are upset that a game might also be made for another platform, and the idea of multi-plat releases not on [preferred brand] is mocked as itself a sort of fanboyism.
There are tons of reasons to limit a release. If a platform holder is investing in the release, that's legit. If there's a fundemental tech limitation on a platform, that's legit. If one of the platform holders has weirdo publishing requirements that kill the viability, that's legit. If the product itself is lower-budget and the expected sales don't make sense to scale up development/testing, that's legit. If it's a studio too small to handle multi-plat testing in-house, that's legit. Outside of that sort of thing? If you're rallying for fewer people being able to play a game for any reason besides the business-end not making sense, I don't know what to say. It sure ain't "you're right."
Maybe it's NG4 as a mobile exclusive title.
Ok, I guess we'll have to wait for 7 months then
Still hoping for a TGA trailer
Please stay civil and on topic. Please leave any possible console war antics out, as well.
Mega Man 7 (1995)
Mega Man Legends (1997)
I definitely think DMC would be doing better with two regular complimentary subseries than a 4 year lul sprinkled with some guest appearances.
Updated the highlights of the thread, list keeps on growing:
1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.
24) Voice/Mocap Actor of Vergil Dan Southworth joins in on the fun, releases old redacted pictures of the crew in mocap gear. His agent/wife chimes in that he is under NDA for his projects but won't mislead fans.
25) Maximillian D00d tweets that he is flying to an unknown location for an unknown game. Could be it for Capcom and DMCV?? Max talks about DMCV on his live stream.
26) ZombieFred makes an.... interesting poem about DMCV.
27) Can't have a crazy thread without a crazy hype train!
28) Rueben Langdon likes a post about being hyped for TGA/PSX.
29) Hilarious GTAV Resetera DMCV clip.
30) Jawmuncher makes a terrible box art for DMCV.
31) Sunhilegend returns with another DMCV/ERA related gif!
32) Rueben Langdom starts liking a myriad of DMCV related stuff... including the hype train from ERA. Johnny Young Bosch likes it too!
33) More DMCV memes including this Harry Potter one.
34) EZA Podcast discuss the rumors, calling it the worst kept secret in gaming right now.
35) Nice MGSV + DMCV logo created by AAMARMO.
36) To celebrate the 100th page of the thread... The Legendary Dark Knight makes a truly Legendary GIF for the thread!
37) Shinobi retweets the Itsuno apology... possibly hinting about no DMCV at TGA/PSX?
38) Dantelinkx returns... doubles down on an XB1 version for the game down the road.
39) ZhugeEX reminds folks that not everything in the OP is facts.
Don't agree about DMC1 being edgy. It's a watered down Space Hunter Cobra with demons.
This is my first meltdown thread. I am not disappointed.
I truly wonder if Son of Sparda changed the future and DMCV will be announced before this year ends.
We need a Matthew Sweet video with DMC now.
And with that, I'm out. I don't post much but just wanted to give my 2 cents.
Imagine if DMC5 has a cameo character appearing for PS4 from its games' universes as extra like Aloy in Monster Hunter World. This would be nuts.
I can't wait to see it.