• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm all in on DMC2 Dante having the best design, it's the best thing about DMC2
latest

Nov 15, 2017
DMC4 dante is literal perfection

Dante.%28Devil.May.Cry%29.full.1575822.jpg
This is best Dante. Other costumes look serious / not serious, but this captures both. His stance and flowing jacket says "nah, no fucks given" while his slight facial hair and snazzy buckle shirt says "lived through enough to give a fuck."

The moment he saluted Nero after their duel in 4...THAT is Dante. Not quite a gentleman, and definitely not a dick per se, but just rough enough around the edges to be rogueishly endearing.

Plus, Langdon IS Dante. That vocal delivery defines that character.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
DMC4 Dante best design. Looking forward to what Nero and Dante may look like. Love Nero's design and his SE Outfit as well.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I never played any of these games, but I've always had an interest in them. Is it worth buying the HD collection and bringing the PS3 out of retirement? I figure now would be a good time to jump in with everything going on. I'd probably pick 4 up as well on PS4.
I say go for it , nothing to lose.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Itsuno with the combat without a doubt, but I hope he's seriously learned from the back-tracking stunt they pulled in DMC4. That was just too lazy. Oh and DMC1 Dante is my fave design :)
DMC4 is half a game. Lol.... So much was cut that game. The vision they had for that game was something else they just couldn't fulfill it.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
So I never played any of these games, but I've always had an interest in them. Is it worth buying the HD collection and bringing the PS3 out of retirement? I figure now would be a good time to jump in with everything going on. I'd probably pick 4 up as well on PS4.

Absolutely. 1 is good, 3 is godtier, and 4 is pretty dang good despite some flaws due to the game being rushed. 2 is best avoided. 1 is great for the origin, 3 is great for the combat and what it adds to the lore as a prequel to the first game. 4 is another improvement on the combat.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I guess I'll be the classicist that prefers DMC1 Dante's design the most. He and Alastor still have the most distinctive silhouettes and I owe it to them for getting me interested in this new type of action game, anyway!

And hell, considering that costume and Alastor are the ones that make the most rounds in crossover/collaboration material, I guess I'm not the only one!

Either way, I hope Dante gets his tan back. He always came off as too pale in DMC4.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Played them all but my first was DMC2 back in 2003. It was only uphill from there.

Again, I'm not super into the gameplay style anymore but these games have always been a bloody good time for me, especially DMC1 and 3. Just a cozy fun adventure wrecking shit in a haunted palace/tower with evil jesters, lava spiders, pizza and corny jokes.

Now I just need Onimusha to come back. Zone of the Enders is lost forever.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Man I remember downloading the dante wallpaper before DMC 2 came out, looking at it everytime I turned my PC on.

Best design.

I always imagine what could have been with that design.

Don't know if this trivia bit is true but Hideki Kamiya wasn't even aware Capcom was making Devil May Cry 2.
The higher ups had just started development with staff from another R&D department without telling the DMC 1 team.

That Dante in the TV commercial and that design were the best things about that game.
Except maybe the wall acrobatics.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
DMC2 Dante sure is a slick design but imho a bit too serious. I believe they should build from the DMC4 Dante. I really liked his face and that they made him a bit beefier. Just remove those dumb cowboy pants and boots
and shirt.

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Can we get casual outfits for the characters pls
Same. Casual alternate outfits are always so much fun. I can imagine Vergil's casual being slick and stylish and not actually that casual...
DMC4 is half a game. Lol.... So much was cut that game. The vision they had for that game was something else they just couldn't fulfill it.
Mind expounding on that? I got into the series only after 4's release, so I don't know anything about that. I always did feel cheated out of half the game... Still loved the shit out of it, though.
Yes, the SE Outfit is better than the vanilla design.

ADB424_FD_D481_46_DA_9_FC0_84_AF52198217.png
What's the deal with this one anyway? Is it just a new design they introduced?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
DMC4 jacket and shirt are the best but his weird baggy leather trousers that clip on top of another pair of red trousers need to go.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
DMC2 Dante really looks like a vampire to me and alternates between being cool and trying too hard to be cool.

DMC1 Dante is my favorite, well maybe I just like his pose the best.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
This is the ideal Dante design. You may not like it, but this is what peak Dante looks like.

meri_viewtiful_dante_14.jpg

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
DMC1 Dante's a little too red. DMC4 Dante's my favorite despite the pants and boots.

Vergil would rock the DMC2 jacket better than Dante.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Oh, cool. And we don't have to do anything to unlock it?

I still prefer Nero's original outfit, it's one of my all-time favorites in gaming, but this looks awesome too.

I believe it's just unlocked by default.

I love the Prototype design as it's called, but yeah I agree. His OG look is one of my favorite character designs period.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Mind expounding on that? I got into the series only after 4's release, so I don't know anything about that. I always did feel cheated out of half the game... Still loved the shit out of it, though.

What's the deal with this one anyway? Is it just a new design they introduced?

1. So basically (if I remember correctly, anybody can jump in to add or refute) they had bigger ideas. There were supposed to be 2 full blown campaigns for Nero & Dante, more bosses with gates so in turn more guns and devil arms. and a bunch of other stuff.

2. The costume was cut from the original game just like this was..
latest

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope there is a possibility with co-op with 2 or 3 characters like in DMC3 in the level with Dante and Vergil fighting Arkham. That moment was among the best in gaming history: you and another person next to you control the most powerful characters at the same time and cooperate to defeat your enemy. Imagine doing the same now in DMC5 with all 3 characters. It doesn't need to be in all missions, at least offer few ones like a extra bonus or in some key fights needing so much efforts and power and back-up, whether with couch co-op or online. I mean even games like NI-Oh offer co-op.
If they won't, let's start a petitition for that matter.

Oh, and please make Vergil playable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.