• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
How many items will Son of Sparda need to get wrong to get permabanned?

Let's say, if it turns out the game is actually being released on Xbox One, or it actually uses Capcom's proprietary engine, is that cause enough for a permanent ban? What if like 10% of the info is correct but the rest is bogus?

People will be asking for blood if some of the "specific information" turns out to be bogus.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
How many items will Son of Sparda need to get wrong to get permabanned?

Let's say, if it turns out the game is actually being released on Xbox One, or it actually uses Capcom's proprietary engine, is that cause enough for a permanent ban? What if like 10% of the info is correct but the rest is bogus?

People will be asking for blood if some of the "specific information" turns out to be bogus.

I want to know what happens if every single bullet point is incorrect. Is there some kind of ultraban where it's not just an ip lock but a life lock from the forum? Like you can't even access it for browsing. If you get caught watching a stream of someone else reading Era they call the police.

Oct 27, 2017
The time has come and so have I, I'm so excited and about to cry
The damage's done and the game is leaked and I can see Dante's white hair about to be revealed
I'll never kneel and I'll never rest, this Hype on Resetera is a fucking bless
I'll make you see what I do best as I'll scream on thursday night when I see Dante's buffed up chest
Now I know how the angel fell, all that excitement sent him straight to hell
I'll make you wish you had a soul to sell so you could go with him down that path as well
My Hype comes from deep within, beneath my soul beneath my skin
As this train Hype thrusters are activated, I'll drag your asses in and get you all motivated
I'll tell you now I'm going to survive, you'll never break my faith or my Hype
I'll have you choke on your own cries, as the fans scream for DMCV
They will see, we'll play until eternity.
Come with me, we'll sit and play together.
Through our strength, we'll make a better day
Tomorrow, we shall never surrender.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the garbage other sites are saying about this seriously frustrates me. They're willing to make things up just to discredit this site.
Well, I don't wanna go back and check, but one of the posts was that Son of Sparda is just making stuff up to drive traffic to this site. Another complained that Resetera was shit because apparently, the mods don't like criticism.
Don't let it get to you. When the game gets announced we'll see who was right and who was making stuff up.

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
Don't let it get to you. When the game gets announced we'll see who was right and who was making stuff up.

Don't forget to remember every nahsayer that you were right. Write down the names.

giphy.gif

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
A LITTLE UPDATE

• PlayStation 4 first, PC later. (highly unlikely to be on any other platform)
  • Unreal Engine 4

Just saw the update- If true, Dante vs Kratos/Ludwig/Knack secret boss please!

But no really, if it's going to be released on only one console at launch.... are we looking at an estimated 1.5 million sales? Then another 1 million from PC afterwards?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Can't you clue us in on how you became sure of the stuff you said? I mean, I'd like to see a new DMC game (regardless of setting) as much as anyone, but I still feel your leak is based on fan speculation rather than actual facts from the developer/publisher.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nor would I want him to, and I'm sorry if it sounded as such. All I want is a clue as to how the information he's giving was originally made available, or something that would make these leaks more legitimate.
Whatever I tell you wouldn't make the leak seem more legitimate to you (and other skeptical users/fans) until the game is shown. Either that or I straight up out my sources which is not happening no matter the circumstances.

What I can tell you, which is something that a lot of people seem to misunderstand, is that I didn't just stumble upon this info. It didn't just came together over night. I didn't talk to one guy and heard him say something and then decided to put my entire account on the line. It was very slow and long process of talking with different sources, getting info, checking that info with other sources, checking those again with yet another person, getting more info from this guy, going back to first source to clarify what they said and asking about the info from the third guy and so on and so on. And if it wasn't clear enough, when I say sources I mean people that are definitely in the position to know about the game and it's details (one way or another). So no, it's not just some fan speculation.

It took a lot of time and a lot of people to put this all together, to get it to this stage that now I can safely say that if this turns out to be a hoax I'll take a perma ban, cause now I'm sure it's not. Yes, stuff change. Both me and mods know that and those stuff will be taken into account (as stated several times by mods already). But I'm very confident that when it's all said and done, when the game gets announced and releases, the vast majority of this info will remain true.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
But how do people already know what games will be at E3 and all this info on DMC but nothing on RE2make?
When itsuno's team should be a smaller affair and less prone to leaks.
341027918534803458.png

Nov 28, 2017
The very first thought of mine upon the reveal of Capcom's Panta Rhei at SONY's "See the Future" PS4 reveal, were DMC5 and Onimusha 5. I was salivating at how good the judgment cuts and the issens were gonna look on nextgen machines after that DD target render, and then during the TGS livestream (showcasing actual gameplay).

Pretty devastating to see their financial position in the industry and not being able to pursue their own proprietary middleware, except for one of their flagship franchises (even REmake 2 is on UE4), a not being able to fund a successor for one of the greatest game engines of all time, the MT Framework and it's revisions.

Due credit to EPIC and their regional teams for their phenomenal support. JPN's AAA industry is literally under their umbrella (no pun intended).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever I tell you wouldn't make the leak seem more legitimate to you (and other skeptical users/fans) until the game is shown. Either that or I straight up out my sources which is not happening no matter the circumstances.

What I can tell you, which is something that a lot of people seem to misunderstand, is that I didn't just stumble upon this info. It didn't just came together over night. I didn't talk to one guy and heard him say something and then decided to put my entire account on the line. It was very slow and long process of talking with different sources, getting info, checking that info with other sources, checking those again with yet another person, getting more info from this guy, going back to first source to clarify what they said and asking about the info from the third guy and so on and so on. And if it wasn't clear enough, when I say sources I mean people that are definitely in the position to know about the game and it's details (one way or another). So no, it's not just some fan speculation.

It took a lot of time and a lot of people to put this all together, to get it to this stage that now I can safely say that if this turns out to be a hoax I'll take a perma ban, cause now I'm sure it's not. Yes, stuff change. Both me and mods know that and those stuff will be taking into account (as stated several times by mods already). But I'm very confident that when it's all said and done, when the game gets announced and releases, the vast majority of this info will remain true.

Thank you for your clarification and your candidness. I suppose it makes sense that the information is the way it is if it has been verified through several people over and over. Alas, it seems this is not the time for DmC Dante and friends to feature on the spotlight once more, but I do hope Itsuno's team is making a game that builds on the several good things introduced by NT's game.
Well, who said people don't know anything about REmake 2?

Are you saving what you know for 2018's first meltdown thread?
even REmake 2 is on UE4

Was this announced before?

Oct 31, 2017
Updated the highlights of the thread, list keeps on growing:

1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.
Well, who said people don't know anything about REmake 2?
this whole thread be like:
xYyYGmH.gif

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sheesh. Kind of baffling how badly naysayers want SoS to be wrong. At least, that's the impression I'm getting.

---

On the other hand, while I believe SoS, I wouldn't mind it so much if it turned out to be false. I mean, yeah, I'd be bummed as heck, but this whole shebang's made me excited for Devil May Cry again. It feels so good to be this excited about something, especially something I loved very much back in the day.

Long post ahead because, well, I guess I need to write about my feelings for the series somewhere, and seeing as some did in the thread, I thought I'd do so too.

I dug out my copy of DmC and UMVC3 earlier because I don't have 4SE nor the HD Collection and my copy of 4 is a physical PC disc that I can't use due to a lack of a disc drive, but... yeah. I played a Devil May Cry game for the first time in apparently 3.5 years. It feels pretty crazy because I used to be so into the series back in high school. I think I took an hour or a little less to get my bearings and remind my fingers how to quickly switch weapons and do different combos, but damn did it feel good! I'm still far from how I used to play back then, but I was slowly getting back in the groove of things. It's been so long since I've played a character action game... I've only played three games in the entire franchise, 3, 4, and DmC, and I love them all. I'm not exactly great at them, not really bothering much with the higher level techniques like jump cancelling, parrying, etc. but I can consistently get an S or even SSS, which I'm very proud of even if it's not really impressive by community standards. Just a small personal achievement.

I remember spending several weeks sneaking (my parents were a little strict during my first year of college, if I recall correctly) whatever time I could to play DmC's demo. I kept playing it again and again, never getting tired of it. I'm still surprised I actually poured so much time into a demo. When I finally got the game, I remember being so excited to finally play a new Devil May Cry game, and I was right to be excited. I had a blast with it. Dante's terrible face and hair be damned! Also Vergil's. It was just so much fun. It was also a lot easier than the original series, because I actually managed to beat Dante Must Die! with several S-ranks. Or maybe I got better. It's probably a combination of both.

Looking back even further, I only just realized it earlier today, but DMC3 (my entry into the series) was pretty instrumental in me being who I am right now. I got a copy of the game because I'd heard a lot about it and wanted to try it out. And it was an action game too, so it was my kind of game. I couldn't get past Cerberus and I chickened out because the Gothic horror design was a little too much for little ol' me at the time. Okay, I wasn't so little, I was in my first year of high school, I think. Funny enough, this dumb little kid was determined to give the game another try and beat it because he found out his crush was really into the series. It was one of, if not the hardest game I had played at the time, but I somehow managed to beat it. I was so proud of myself. I'm not quite sure if I ever beat it on Son of Sparda, but I think I at least gave it a try. After that, I was so hooked up on DMC hype that I started reading more about the series, checking out the wiki, etc. I was hooked on DMC. It was like my new Naruto.

Eventually, I remembered that I'd seen posts on GameSpot about a fourth game, which was available on PC, in addition to consoles. I didn't have a PS3 then, I wouldn't for another year or so, but I could get it on a PC. Now, our desktop was old. All it could play were The Sims, Red Alert and other C&C games. (side note: My dad was awesome at Red Alert and C&C games, I remember him staying up all night playing against 7 AI opponents at the highest difficulty level, always winning somehow) It was old as balls and I wanted a new PC just so I could play DMC4. I was in high school. We need to use computers for stuff, and our old one kind of won't really do anymore. It was perfect. I convinced my parents to get me a new desktop for educational purposes, and so I could play DMC4. It was summer then, and I had classes cause I purposely dropped Chinese Literature and Chinese History. I spent my time in class practicing to play the game. I read that it only had keyboard support, so I practiced that. I'd position my hands and practice doing combos. It was I, J, K, and L that served as the PS face buttons' equivalent, if I recall correctly. I kept practicing that shit whenever I was in class. Then as soon as we got the new desktop set up, I bought a copy of DMC4 and played it all night, then the rest of the weekend. The new PC wasn't actually that strong for the time, it had a 2.6 GHz quad core duo, only 4GB of RAM, and... a GeForce 980? It wasn't strong for a 2009 PC, but it was enough because it could play the game. It was enough. It was bliss. I remember being in the exact same spot I am right now, playing on my then-new computer. I've got a new computer now, much better and stronger, and I'm excited to play DMC4 here again once I've bought the SE. Hopefully, that'll be later this year.

Devil May Cry led me into modern gaming. Before that, all I had was a PS2. My general skill level was either average or below, but the series pushed me to be better and try harder. It made me want to prove to myself that I can handle more difficult games and to keep getting better. More importantly, it pushed me to get that then-new PC, which then led me to get Arkham Asylum. I don't think I'd even be reading comics right now if not for that, and I've read a lot since those days. I love games and comics, and I wouldn't be where I am with them if not for DMC3. I kept looking back only to Arkham Asylum before, when thinking of how I got to where I am now in terms of my passions and hobbies. Somehow, I didn't realize that before that, it was Devil May Cry that put me in the position to be able to play Arkham.

It's a wonderful feeling, being excited for DMC again, to look back on my brief history with the series. I don't think it would have been the same if we just got surprised with the announcement at TGA or PSX or wherever, at least not for me. I wouldn't be thinking about it as much as I am now. I wouldn't be fondly looking back at the series as much. I've said it multiple times now, but it feels so damn good to be excited again. So, thank you so much for sharing this with us, SoS.
Artist seems to be Ffel but doesn't have a pixiv page anymore
Oh, thanks! Yeah, I can't seem to find them, or at least the original post. Found some artist by that name but didn't see anything DMC-related. Still, better than nothing.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
When it comes to the leak I see it as

The game existing and being called DMCV - High Chance
The game exclusive to Sony and late pc port - low chance
Story stuff - 50%. There's just too much infor there for it to all be 100% on the money.

The reveal and release date are where my biggest questions lie.
To me RE2make and DMCV at E3 2018 both at Sony doens't make sense to me (PS has first dibs on capcom and I doubt they'd let MS get RE2make)
Then there's the whole thing about what their late 2018 title will be. If DMCV is early 2019 it wont be shown this year. But people have been saying RE2make is early 2019 as well.
So what the hell are we getting at PSX/VGA if apparently no one knows what capcom has.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017

Story stuff - 50%. There's just too much infor there for it to all be 100% on the money.

To me RE2make and DMCV at E3 2018 both at Sony doens't make sense to me (PS has first dibs on capcom and I doubt they'd let MS get RE2make)
Then there's the whole thing about what their late 2018 title will be. If DMCV is early 2019 it wont be shown this year. But people have been saying RE2make is early 2019 as well.
So what the hell are we getting at PSX/VGA if apparently no one knows what capcom has.
Where do I sign on this post?

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
ps4 console exclusive by an third party with an traditional multiplatform franchise?

where's the people that ever complaining about this on the other side?

Nov 15, 2017
ps4 console exclusive by an third party with an traditional multiplatform franchise?

where's the people that ever complaining about this on the other side?

I don't understand what you're trying to say, but if I had to guess, it's that you're surprised that there's very little resistance to Capcom pushing a multiplatform title to a single platform...which has already happened with SFV, and the potential reasons why have been discussed earlier in this thread.

Secondarily, do remember that DMC 1-3 were PlayStation exclusive.

I'd prefer DMC 2 instead, tbh.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_n4p58zGAQd1rg3akeo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.