• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That's not even showing the full picture. It also has the REDACTED Johnny plus Rueben mocap pic alongside a mocap pic of Dan himself.

3 important things to take from this:

1) Redacted mocap pic reposted.
2) Dan in mocap pic posted.
3) He specifically refers to the game as Devil May Cry V.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
Also the "confirm nor deny" thing screams NDA signed. If it wasn't happening, or he wasn't involved, he could just say "I haven't been contacted about anything of the sort yet. Not saying it's not real, but I'm not involved".

Nov 15, 2017
Honestly, and this is just between me and you and no one else on the entire internet, I kind of wish I could get unbelievably excited about this kind of stuff still. I used to, but it got carved out over time it seems. I still think absolutely freaking out is a little silly (and I stand by thinking posting "Oh gosh you responded!" is weird).
Don't feel bad about that. It's safer / wiser / smarter / easier to keep distance from all things hype.

Nov 15, 2017
Maybe the true DMCV is the friends we made along the way.
Wooaaahooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
ttxmHta.gif

V has come to.

Damn this party is just getting started

dante_dancing_by_sakurateff-d5gerfl.gif

Glorious.

Oct 25, 2017
What would people do if Dante shows up with a beard
I'd be down with it, though I admit I'm more partial to the idea of bearded Vergil. Specifically if he's rocking facial hair similar to Gendo Ikari.

Just to complete the asshole father parallel, because if him and Nero are gonna be in the same story you know they'll be butting heads in some way.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
My only concern with Unreal Engine 4 is performance on PS4 and the visual style. I realise alot of this depends on art direction but I really prefer the look of MT Framework to UE4 in terms of basic visual makeup. Honestly an updated MT engine would have been fantastic and kept worries of performance at bay... we'll see how Capcom can make this look I guess.

Nov 28, 2017
My only concern with Unreal Engine 4 is performance on PS4 and the visual style. I realise alot of this depends on art direction but I really prefer the look of MT Framework to UE4 in terms of basic visual makeup. Honestly an updated MT engine would have been fantastic and kept worries of performance at bay... we'll see how Capcom can make this look I guess.
Agreed wholeheartedly, but I'm sure they'll make it work. I'd like to imagine they know that the hopes and dreams of fans are riding on this. I'd also like to imagine they care. :P

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Please let Nero acquire different weapons this time.

People talked about Vergil having a spear. Spear would be perfect for Nero.

Throw the spear at an enemy, impale em, then pull the spear with the implaled enemy back to you and swing the spear to sent the impaled enemy flying as a projectile

Nov 28, 2017
On the topic of weapons, I'm down for variety, but I'd love the ability to reacquire old ones somehow, whether it be part of the story or just as some bonus unlocks. Fantasy loadouts would be dope. Nevan + Nightmare Beta could be fun.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed wholeheartedly, but I'm sure they'll make it work. I'd like to imagine they know that the hopes and dreams of fans are riding on this. I'd also like to imagine they care. :P
Yeah it's an engine that really needs a strong art team behind it to make it look anything other than UE4, alot like it's predecessor UE3 (although that was far worse for having a generic look across the board). I know the DMC team has incredible talent in this regard but I'm pretty sure they haven't used Unreal before so I'm hesitant to have that much faith until I see something concrete. That said a high budget DMC with what sounds like a fresh approach is absolutley something to be excited for.

Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of weapons, I'm down for variety, but I'd love the ability to reacquire old ones somehow, whether it be part of the story or just as some bonus unlocks. Fantasy loadouts would be dope. Nevan + Nightmare Beta could be fun.
Replayability has always been a pillar of the series. Maybe they could introduce all new weapons during the base game, and we'd unlock the old favorites on a second playthrough. In the exact same places we got a new weapon the first time around. Keeps things fresh and exciting, you never know which one you'll get next, and it'll give you something to look forward to. Bonus points if they actually make new cutscenes for each of the old weapons.

Deleted member 19761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was JYB's reaction?

Also that Southworth post is reeeeealy interesting. Question of when, not if, now...

So next week or the week after? Set my soul free Itsuno.

Nov 28, 2017
Replayability has always been a pillar of the series. Maybe they could introduce all new weapons during the base game, and we'd unlock the old favorites on a second playthrough. In the exact same places we got a new weapon the first time around. Keeps things fresh and exciting, you never know which one you'll get next, and it'll give you something to look forward to. Bonus points if they actually make new cutscenes for each of the old weapons.

In a perfect world you'd work for Capcom and be lowkey leaking one of most amazing ideas I've ever encountered for a game like this. I really hope something like this comes to pass though, that'd keep me coming back again and again.

Hyugul

Oct 27, 2017
So DMCV is almost confirmed.
Now I hope capcom just reveal that trailer next week.
There's no need to hesitation.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh, and maybe each weapon has its own stats, and you can sometimes get a superior stat'd "rare weapon", but you could also combine repeated weapons to try and get a superior one.

DMCV, now with lootboxes.

Nov 28, 2017
Oh, and maybe each weapon has its own stats, and you can sometimes get a superior stat'd "rare weapon", but you could also combine repeated weapons to try and get a superior one.

DMCV, now with lootboxes.
If Capcom can be reasonable with their DLC like in RE7 I'm more than happy. It's unreasonable to think that there won't be some secondary monetization, but as long as it doesn't intrude on gameplay I'll be fine. It's a straight up mutiny though if there's lootbox integration.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Capcom can be reasonable with their DLC like in RE7 I'm more than happy. It's unreasonable to think that there won't be some secondary monetization, but as long as it doesn't intrude on gameplay I'll be fine. It's a straight up mutiny though if there's lootbox integration.

Yeah, I also think there'll be paid DLC somehow, but I don't think they're crazy enough to introduce microtrasanctions or lootboxes.

They could perhaps make something like Revelations 2's Raid Mode, where you get a gauntlet of missions and you can buy some random itens and instant-retries (equivalent to a Gold Orb, when you think on it) with real money.

I intended it as a joke, not an idea.

Nov 15, 2017

Yeah, that's not annoying at all

They're scrapping that shit right now, I GARR OWN TEE — ain't nobody trying to fuck with the federales coming in to regulate videogames, because that will cripple the industry. EA fucked it up for everyone, publisher-wise.

Consumers scored a decisive win, but the cost might be high if publishers can't cool it with that shit.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Anyone else sitting in a pool of their own tears rain and listening to Shall Never Surrender on loop for the past 3 days?

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Team Ninja better not be sitting on their arses. I want the next battle between DMC and NG, bring on Ninja Gaiden 4! Funny thing is it's even more likely that game will also be PS4 exclusive considering Team Ninja's last 2 games.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think sensible (aka not destructive to the quality of the main content/main campaign or to the quality/fairness of the in-game economy) candidates for DMC5 DLC are:

-additional characters, eventually
-additional missions (maybe one for a DMC3 retelling, one for a DMC1 retelling, one for a DMC4 retelling, or short mini-campaigns for new characters)
-retro DMC3/DMC1/DMC4 bosses and enemies
-retro DMC3/DMC1/DMC4/DmC weapons
-retro/bonus costumes
-decorations for the Devil May Cry shop, assuming it's somehow visitable/customizable in-game

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, that's not annoying at all

They're scrapping that shit right now, I GARR OWN TEE — ain't nobody trying to fuck with the federales coming in to regulate videogames, because that will cripple the industry. EA fucked it up for everyone, publisher-wise.

Consumers scored a decisive win, but the cost might be high if publishers can't cool it with that shit.
Too true. At the risk of going slightly off topic, I do think it's a shame though that Star Wars had to be sacrificed in order to make it happen.

But yeah, as far as DLC that I'd happily throwdown for, maybe a randomly generated run mode (bloody palace 2.0) where the rooms are rebuilds of previous game locations, enemies, and bosses. I'd also be down for side-story content with really any of the characters, but especially Lady.

Nov 15, 2017
My man. DMC Anime OP is godlike.

tumblr_ngjp8yMb8Y1so9bu9o1_500.gif

Too bad about the rest of the anime.

said it yesterday - if it was 2x as long and built the overarching plot through the course of more cases, it would have been a much better series.

Team Ninja better not be sitting on their arses. I want the next battle between DMC and NG, bring on Ninja Gaiden 4! Funny thing is it's even more likely that game will also be PS4 exclusive considering Team Ninja's last 2 games.

I'm currently playing Nioh and loving every waking second of it. Let TN take their time, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.