• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've talked with SoS a bunch. Believe me, it's nothing special.
I can back this up
218.png_large

Curry Time

Nov 3, 2017
Too true. At the risk of going slightly off topic, I do think it's a shame though that Star Wars had to be sacrificed in order to make it happen.

But yeah, as far as DLC that I'd happily throwdown for, maybe a randomly generated run mode (bloody palace 2.0) where the rooms are rebuilds of previous game locations, enemies, and bosses. I'd also be down for side-story content with really any of the characters, but especially Lady.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trish/Lady were DLC, though I'd be curious to see if or how they change them since I've seen DMC fans cite Lady as boring gameplay design (guns do too much work). Guns are part of her character, though, and it appeals to a different crowd of people, in the end.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Son of Sparda is just a face, a messenger to the community. This is all admitted in the OP that I don't know how many people actually read.

There are people in this thread who know more than SoS, that is a fact. He is just the only one putting his account on the line for it so he gets respect for that.

Nov 15, 2017
Son of Sparda is just a face, a messenger to the community. This is all admitted in the OP that I don't know how many people actually read.

There are people in this thread who know more than SoS, that is a fact. He is just the only one putting his account on the line for it so he gets respect for that.

Whether poster or lurker, this is the truest statement in the thread. People are watching this shit, and even SoS throwing this out there may have been a way for Sony / Capcom to clock the hype train's relative speed.

it's pretty goddamn fast, imo

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
But that's not a multiplatform release, now is it? That's a port made after the fact.

Hell, even the SE that the port is based on was released on PS2 six months beforehand. So it's not really a "multiplatform" release at all, and the only one that was multiplatform was the HD collection that was outsold at least 2-1, based on whatever (admittedly unreliable, but still) publicly available numbers you can find.

1veQmuW.png

I mean
Crazy how the Special Edition came out so soon after the original release.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
What I want in a new DMC:

1) Inspiration from Bayonetta's dodge system
2) Go crazy with Style -- like evolve it more
3) DMC3 weapon variety
4) Be good

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Whether poster or lurker, this is the truest statement in the thread. People are watching this shit, and even SoS throwing this out there may have been a way for Sony / Capcom to clock the hype train's relative speed

Been thinking about this a lot. Makes me real happy to know that a DMCV thread can move this fast in 2017. Hopefully Capcom knows that people adore this franchise and want it to stick around.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

3) DMC3 weapon variety
4) Be good

Your reward for dodging an attack should be not taking damage. But I do think players should get a Style reward maybe, with added visual flair, maybe some frame priority. But nothing as obnoxious has super slo mo.

It also breaks the pace of a battle.

105.Will

Oct 26, 2017
Bayo's dodge can only work in Bayonetta. You can't have a dodge that good without working the entire game around it.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017

3) DMC3 weapon variety
4) Be good
I'm down for 'inspiration from Bayonetta's dodge system' if it means giving the game a dedicated dodge button - this would make it easier to design much more aggressive enemies. I just don't think it should have quite as many invincibility frames (though this is something Bayonetta tones down pretty severely on Nonstop Infinite Climax difficulty, to be fair) or give any bonus nearly as substantial as Witch Time (stuff like Table Hopper is cool, though, or e.g. if a perfect Lady dodge dropped a grenade).

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not mad about this at all, but I did like DmC, for what it's worth. It was borderline try-hard (I couldn't tell if it was being sincere or ironic and purposefully over-the-top, which is a big difference), but I thought Kat was really, really cool. I wouldn't have minded seeing more of her.

JMaine518

Oct 28, 2017
Updated the highlights of the thread, list keeps on growing:

1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.
This is amazing. This thread is amazing

Nov 15, 2017
Crazy how the Special Edition came out so soon after the original release.

That had to do with criticism against the game's default (American) difficulty level. The Japanese edition had a normal mode and a hard mode, and in the US, the hard mode became normal. Scared a lot of people off.

The SE fixed that, plus added more shit to the package as a way to say "we're sorry for scaring you like that, please love us."

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Updated the highlights of the thread, list keeps on growing:

1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.

All I see reading this is

F U C K I N G C O N F I R M E D
U
C
K
I
N
G
C
O
N
F U C K I N G C O N F I R M E D
I
R
M
E
D

Nov 15, 2017
Your reward for dodging an attack should be not taking damage. But I do think players should get a Style reward maybe, with added visual flair, maybe some frame priority.

This, I am 150% on board with. No need for slo-mo, but definitely make the dodge mechanic cancelable from all non-finisher attacks, and make well-timed dodges impart style and frame buffs on counterattack windows.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Right. Well that new tradition ended the moment DmC was a flop for them. They want to reduce the risk and that's the hard reality
They can reduce the risk by not producing garbage. Simple

It really sounds like a lot of folks here would be happy if this isnt multi platform which is pretty sad sry. A now well known multi plaform franchise shouldnt be exclusive. Its stupid.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Your reward for dodging an attack should be not taking damage. But I do think players should get a Style reward maybe, with added visual flair, maybe some frame priority. But nothing as obnoxious has super slo mo.

It also breaks the pace of a battle.

I meant more like dodging did something instead of just limiting damage.

I don't mean necessarily "slow mo time", but I mean like there's an extra layer of mechanic there. Style reward or something interesting, yeah. Point being, they can do some more with dodge to make it more interesting.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I meant more like dodging did something instead of just limiting damage.

I don't mean necessarily "slow mo time", but I mean like there's an extra layer of mechanic there. Style reward or something interesting, yeah.
A style reward it's fine whether that be a dmg multiplier, speed boost or something like that,

But an extra layer to the dodge ala slow mo bs hard pass.. that would just result in people smashing it like they do in Bayo.

AV_Fanz

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Even if they didn't for part of the game I still doubt it would come out on the Switch. Devil May Cry has never been on a Nintendo platform and don't think it would be able to handle a next gen title without performance issues.

If Sony isn't making it an exclusive, it would only make sense for it not come to the Switch if Capcom still hates money. Performance downgrade is fine, everyone's expecting it. If people wants the best graphics, then they'll go get the PC version.

AV_Fanz

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I noticed. Whoops.

There's no way a new DMC would be on a Nintendo console. I'll take a month long ban and an avatar of Menat with a Mario hat and mustache with the words Devil May Switch on the bottom for three months if it is.

Even if Sony didn't bribe Capcom to keep it away from Switch? Really?

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Team Ninja better not be sitting on their arses. I want the next battle between DMC and NG, bring on Ninja Gaiden 4! Funny thing is it's even more likely that game will also be PS4 exclusive considering Team Ninja's last 2 games.

Ninja Gaiden 4 must redeem itself from 3. 2 was amazing and they should use that(along NGB) template. And make it 10 plus hour long campaign

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I have no doubt DMCV will have dedicated doge button like Bayonetta and most modern action games. The question is is it gonna be spammy or not? Bayo can only dodge 3 times before she stops and inevitably gets punished for spamming it(Jeanne is a different story tho)

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt DMCV will have dedicated doge button like Bayonetta and most modern action games. The question is is it gonna be spammy or not? Bayo can only dodge 3 times before she stops and inevitably gets punished for spamming it(Jeanne is a different story tho)
I think Bayonetta's limit on consecutive dodges is an okaaaaay balancing mechanism, but really the best & easiest solution for DMC5 is to make it not nearly as forgiving as Bayonetta's as far as invincibility frames are concerned.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A style reward it's fine whether that be a dmg multiplier, speed boost or something like that,

But an extra layer to the dodge ala slow mo bs hard pass.. that would just result in people smashing it like they do in Bayo.

Yeah, sorry, I kind of used "inspiration" a little loosely there. It's been a while, but did style get multipliers from dodging I don't remember?

Also, the closer you dodge to actually getting hit could yield more style.

I just really love the style system, I think they could go nuts with it even more.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth vs Vergil on the next Death Battle. Timing couldn't be better.

Slay that momma's boy Vergil!

Oct 27, 2017
If Sony isn't making it an exclusive, it would only make sense for it not come to the Switch if Capcom still hates money. Performance downgrade is fine, everyone's expecting it. If people wants the best graphics, then they'll go get the PC version.

You have no idea how much performance matters in a hack and slash/character action game like Devil May Cry, do you? I get wanting the Switch to have more games but port begging for a game that isn't even announced yet is weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.