• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
For those looking to get into the series please understand that DMC as a whole is not easy. It's in the games design to be more difficult than not. It's not like AAA titles in recent years where games hold your hand. It's almost like a fighting game where it takes time and once you invest a bit of time to getting good then you are rewarded. DmC was easier than the original series. DMC4 is a relatively easy game for those familiar and that went through the trenches that was vanilla DMC3. Difficult gameplay is a hallmark of the series.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Dark Souls and Nioh aren't exactly comparable to DMC, though. They are action games sure, but they aren't stylish character action games with launchers, air juggles, and a wide array of techniques.

The only inputs in DMC3 are like R1+Forward or Back, delaying a button press, or holding a button down. It's fine to not be into some of the more complex stuff, play at your own leisure and enjoyment, but as someone who plays fighting games the inputs are definitely simplified from what you would usually find in something like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear.

EDIT:

Ah, all good man. I was really confused there for a minute haha. Sorry if I came off as argumentative or anything, not my intention.

No it's alright, but now I'm left thinking where the heck did I get that impression from? Lol maybe because it doesn't have a hard lock like Souls where some of the back direction moves mess me up.

Btw what I meant when I said Nioh and Souls is just that I'm completely okay with their inputs, Nioh for example mostly involves just hold guard and press one other face buttons stuff like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I get wanting the Switch to have more games but port begging for a game that isn't even announced yet is weird to me.
I was just gonna comment this. Its not even been announced yet and this shit is starting.
port begging on a leak huh, Dahbomb add that to your recap.
This has, personally, easily been the most aggravating thing about reading video game forums and comment sections this year.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I still don't buy the exclusivity, and if there is. I don't see why it would be PS4 first and PC later.
Especially when we got SFV on PC day one and that was payed for by sony as well.

Hell I doubt it's PS4 exclusive period. Won't be surprised to see it on Xbox.
Every capcom rumor lately seems to say "exclusive" because it's the safest best if you're unsure.

This isn't anything at SoS. Just leaking culture in General.
Still remember all the talk on RE7 and MVC:i being "PS4 exclusive" and we know how that went.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I not only hope DMC5 is made but also is amazing. I remember playing 1 endlessly trying to beat the hardest mode and I eventually did it. Unlocking the unlimited DT Dante was a great reward after the hell I went through. 3 was great but I don't think I beat the hardest mode. 4 I thought wasn't very good but I would be interested in playing the SE version and trying again.

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't buy the exclusivity, and if there is. I don't see why it would be PS4 first and PC later.
Especially when we got SFV on PC day one and that was payed for by sony as well.

Every capcom rumor lately seems to say "exclusive" because it's the safest best if you're unsure.

Still remember all the talk on RE7 and MVC:i being "PS4 exclusive" and we know how that went.

I'm in the same boat. I think it's multiplatform and if it's getting revealed at TGAs, I think that makes it even more likely.

If it was exclusive in any way, why not reveal it at PSX?

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV Dante Vs. Virgil Spoiler

7zsNgaE.gif
Speaking of spoilers
rzMIgEC.gif

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There is a limit to how accessible you can make something before you start losing depth. If you, say, can't have more complex motions than back, forward or two buttons, then Dante has to have some form of style switching to keep his depth, and every other character will have a lower ceiling on the amount of moves they can have per weapon.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm in the same boat. I think it's multiplatform and if it's getting revealed at TGAs, I think that makes it even more likely.

Like I could see why if a real person is in the know. They might think it's exclusive.
Since even RE7 and MVC:I, MVC3 HD. Had people scrambling until they saw press releases.
Since sony never makes it very obvious on purpose. Just like with Nioh and Crash.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017

I think SFV was different because they had the incentive of cross platform multiplayer which was a big deal for the series. A single player action game is a very different scenario and one where if Sony is co-funding they'd want as many people as possible buying it on PlayStation.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Well, first thing to consider is that we don't know if it will be at TGA. I really really hope so, but we can't say that for sure yet.

And second, I could be wrong on this, but didn't everyone who bought a ticked to PSX also got a ticket for TGA? I think I remember hearing that somewhere. IF it game is to be revealed at TGA, then Sony fans who have bought the ticket for PSX will also get to see it.

But IF that was to be the case, then I don't know why Sony just wouldn't reveal it at PSX instead of TGA. Maybe their presentation just has a different format that wouldn't be a good fit for a big announcement like DMCV?

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it's alright, but now I'm left thinking where the heck did I get that impression from? Lol maybe because it doesn't have a hard lock like Souls where some of the back direction moves mess me up.

Btw what I meant when I said Nioh and Souls is just that I'm completely okay with their inputs, Nioh for example mostly involves just hold guard and press one other face buttons stuff like that.

Nioh is a lot more complex and actually quite comparable to DMC4 in terms of input style. Stances / Styles, Exceed / Pulse. If you want to play the characters properly in each games you have to learn how to utalise the systems. Even though Nioh dosn't have a similar flow or OTT presentation the combat of the game is very much character action rather than methodical (you can play like that if you like though).

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Well, first thing to consider is that we don't know if it will be at TGA. I really really hope so, but we can't say that for sure yet.

And second, I could be wrong on this, but didn't everyone who bought a ticked to PSX also got a ticket for TGA? I think I remember hearing that somewhere. IF it game is to be revealed at TGA, then Sony fans who have bought the ticket for PSX will also get to see it.

But IF that was to be the case, then I don't know why Sony just wouldn't reveal it at PSX instead of TGA. Maybe their presentation just has a different format that wouldn't be a good fit for a big announcement like DMCV?
I think that's it, they already said that their psx "conference" would be really small and not really a conference at all, TGA on the other hand is much more grandiose and already full of new trailers which would be a better fit for such a massive announcement.
Also just a reminder, The Last of Us was first revealed at the Spike Video Games Awards,granted there wasn't a psx at the time but you would still think that such a massive title would be announced at a dedicated sony event, and yet the Games Awards is what we got in the end

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany

And Monster Hunter World. I dont buy it either.
I hope the announcement comes in pretty soon and this exclusivity garbage gets off the table.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I don't know why exclusivity is even being discussed beyond the possibility of Sony funding it or why people would explicitly want exclusivity other than to spite fans on another install base. If I need to buy an XBOX One (it being the only next gen console I don't own) to play this, so be it. I was ready to do the same with Scalebound. Though I highly doubt it would be exclusive there, just an example.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Can we all just agree not to discuss exclusivity until the game is officially revealed, that would be great.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
This platform wars talk:
Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

This thread is a nice cozy blanket for DMC fans, let it stay that way.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017

You guys are giving this year's PSX too much credit giving the fact it won't really get a traditional conference. It's not like Sony never announced games at TGA/Spike before.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
My Bets: VGA/PSX Reveal and/or PS4/Xbox/PC simultaneous release

(If i'm half right, it still counts as a win at least in the case of the reveal but it is exclusive. If it's not even revealed i'll take it as a loss)
If I lose i'll wear a different avatar than Regina for awhile (Last time I lost I had an Ana avatar).
Self bet for the win.

Thrillhouse

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

(If i'm half right, it still counts as a win at least in the case of the reveal but it is exclusive. If it's not even revealed i'll take it as a loss)
If I lose i'll wear a different avatar than Regina for awhile (Last time I lost I had an Ana avatar).
Self bet for the win.

uQrpPUT.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Self bet for the win.
Kiddie bets shouldn't be made in public. Should be done on the playgrounds where they belong.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Fair but you'd think a Death Stranding trailer would premier at PSX aswell no ?
Kojima and Geoff are practically married tho :p

But yeah you're right. I could see it happening at TGA. I just think it's stupid from Sony point of view to not have this huge bullet for your show which is only a couple of days from TGA.
Wouldn't be the first time Sony is weird about that though, like when they start showing interesting stuff in their pre-show and you wonder why the fuck they didn't keep it for the conf itself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Self bet for the win.
Jaw pls

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My bet:

Shawn Layden will troll the fuck out of us again by wearing a Devil May Cry shirt at PSX, but not showing DMCV till E3.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017

Self bet for the win.
Go big or go home with the bets.
My bet:

Shawn Layden will troll the fuck out of us again by wearing a Devil May Cry shirt at PSX, but not showing DMCV till E3.
His shirt will just have a V, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.