• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did Capcom (and everyone else forget) that Virgil became Nelo Angelo and died at the end of the first game? How is he back in DMC 4 (and supposedly 5)? And if he did return post DMC 1 he should look and have the powers he did in DMC 1 not 3 (which was a prequel). Is this ever acknowledged in game?
The Vergil cutscenes in DMC4 take place before even DMC3 timeline wise.

As far as Vergil coming back for DMCV... most people don't think he actually died in DMC1.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Capture.JPG
looking.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Did Capcom (and everyone else forget) that Virgil became Nelo Angelo and died at the end of the first game? How is he back in DMC 4 (and supposedly 5)? And if he did return post DMC 1 he should look and have the powers he did in DMC 1 not 3 (which was a prequel). Is this ever acknowledged in game?
we didn't forget, we just pretend to have forgotten, it makes japanese games less stressful to follow, I learnt it from the kingdom hearts school of nonsense.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
That's already announced though.
True, it's different, but I was talking about leaking some info about the game. We don't know shit about the remake except that it's getting made. We don't even know if it's going to be with fixed cameras like the original RE2 or over the shoulder like RE4.

Last edited:

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I think Nero would have something to do with how Vergil returns. I thought it was implied he was sort of haunting Nero but I may have been reading into that the wrong way.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The comments about the main villain have me theorizing that it could be set in the same castle as the first DMC.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Ah ok. I never played DMC 4 aside from the demo. I sort of gave up on the series after 2.

Don't make the same mistake I did! I gave up on the franchise for years because 2 was so bad, skipped 3 and then gave 4 a shot when that dropped and fell in love. Went back to 3 and realized I missed one of the greatest games ever made.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Heard a leak that Capcom will only be selling physical copies of DMCV at Little Caesars with a purchase of pizza and crazy bread.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Updated the thread recap for those tuning in this fine evening:

1) Massive leak posted by Son of Sparda in the OP.
2) ZhugeEX states that leak was looked over by the mods/admins, allowed to post but on the condition that SoS takes PERMANENT BAN if this is a hoax.
3) Random supposed insider claims it's also coming on Xbox and is willing to take permanent ban for it.
4) Dahbomb posts staggering personal statement spanning 3500 words.
5) Another admin Nibel graces the thread. SweetNicole as well.
6) Claimed second leaker comes in and states that the leak is false. (ShamelessZeroMain) Also claims that DMCV will have microtransactions like DMC4SE. Source is a discord buddy.
7) Son of Sparda calls him out, starting the leaker vs leaker warfare. ShamelessZeroMain bets $1 for every post in the thread, so going $2200 strong right now.
8) SweetNicole announces that ShamelessZeroMain is beholden to the same rules as SoS. If he's wrong then he also gets permabanned.
9) ShamelessZero gets shook, starts backpedaling. More backpedaling. And more. And then some. Admits to drinking and saying stupid shit.
10) Admins ask Shameless to deliver sources, he doesn't comply. ShamelessZeroMain gets banned for trolling and having an alt account. Takes to Twitter to complain that his esports manager got a hold of his Resetera account.
11) People so hype for DMCV they start streaming this thread on youtube as it develops!
12) Sunhilegends delivers godlike gif for DMCV!
13) Gaming news outlet start running the story, it has officially gone big and viral.
14) Geoff Keighley aka the Doritos Pope graces the thread with his presence!
15) Dantelinkx comes in and leaks through a proxy that DMCV will get unveiled at either PSX or TGA. Fanning the flames of the leaker wars!
16) Maximillian D00d (famous youtubers) chimes in on the DMCV hype!
17) Dahbomb makes actual analysis of the leaks.
18) IGN first major gaming website to report on the leak.
19) MBS claims that Vergil being Nero's father is as likely as Trish being Lady's mother....
20) Johnny Bosch makes a tweet about being 5 minutes late... has 5:05 on the clock possibly referring to SOS aka Sons of Sparda.
21) Son of Sparda makes a couple of more leaks: DMCV to be PS4 console exclusive and PC later on. Engine is UE4.
22) Trish VA starts tweeting about DMCV.Trish's Voice Actor tweets about wanting the cast of DMC4SE back for Christmas. Kyrie's voice actor tweets too but could be completely unrelated.
23) Son of Sparda releases information about a location test for an unknown game in Brighton, UK. References games like DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, Zelda, Okami etc. Could be DMCV but don't count on it.
24) Voice/Mocap Actor of Vergil Dan Southworth joins in on the fun, releases old redacted pictures of the crew in mocap gear. His agent/wife chimes in that he is under NDA for his projects but won't mislead fans.
25) Maximillian D00d tweets that he is flying to an unknown location for an unknown game. Could be it for Capcom and DMCV??
26) ZombieFred makes an.... interesting poem about DMCV.
27) Can't have a crazy thread without a crazy hype train!
I appreciate this. What a wild ride.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Vergil coming back for DMCV... most people don't think he actually died in DMC1.

He might come back because he's a fan favourite, but let's be real I don't think it was meant to be ambigious at all in DMC1 that he did die.

The DMC universe is high magic enough that they could relatively easily bullshit their way out of that, but honestly I'm not sure that they will bring him back in the story. I could see him being playable but still dead in canon.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember Dusk Golen saying that RE2 Remake would release in the end of 2018 or early 2019.

So Capcom are gonna release 2 big AAA in the same timeframe?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
He might come back because he's a fan favourite, but let's be real I don't think it was meant to be ambigious at all in DMC1 that he did die.

The DMC universe is high magic enough that they could relatively easily bullshit their way out of that, but honestly I'm not sure that they will bring him back in the story. I could see him being playable but still dead in canon.
I dunno. Especially after Viewtiful Joe had Alastor "die" in a manner that seemed to directly parody Angelo's demise, I took it to mean that Kamiya never intended Nelo Angelo's demise to be permanent. But as the director for a game that he wasn't even sure was going to get a sequel (until Capcom gave that duty to another team behind his back...), the status of Vergil/Angelo and if he was going to come back in a following game likely was not at the forefront of his and his team's mind.

Now that the ball is in Itsuno's court, it's largely on him to decide just how they can bring him back, if they really want to.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil's final moment was off-screen and he was only referred to thereafter as 'defeated'. Also, his radiating blue burst isn't all that dissimilar from the teleport he used at every defeat beforehand. This last burst was certainly different, but he could have reconstituted somewhere else without bending the world's rules in the slightest. It was fairly ambiguous if you ask me, although in terms of storytelling it was framed in a more final way.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

If we only take DMC1 into context, it would have been fairly suspicious that the game would bring Dante's brother without elaborating on it, wouldn't it ?

"hah it's your brother...that's it, we weren't trying to leave the door open for sequels or anything"

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Time travel, alternate dimensions. It' DMC, why does there need to be a reason.

Would like a return to a more centralised location. The castle had a great identity on its own.
It has to be a city but look Gothic with nice art and architecture (not quite as dark as Bloodborne though) and later new hell levels with nice variation.

Thing is as console systems have evolved there are less and less games confined to a single location as that was the result of limitations, and now we have more and more open areas , and not an interconnected (but memorable) castle/tower/mansion etc.

Everybody expects DMC 5 to be much more open than previous entries and DmC

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they add camera controls in DMC5. Im trying to play DMC4SE and it just feels awkward having these weird static camera angles

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV needs a Smoking Sick Song like Devils Never Cry or Shall Never Surrender.

I've always enjoyed the juxtaposition of harsh vocals with clean; the electronic with the hard rock; the gothic chanting choir with the catching lyric sensibilities. DMCV better have a amazing soundtrack. Preferably a few more combat songs, something DmC did really well was how the music would change with the style rank. That's something that should carry over.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
These last days I've been watching DMC cutscenes non-stop. Hype is real.

I don't think anyone can be certain that Nelo Angelo died just because he disappeared after the fight, unless some dev made a comment on it I say everything is possible.

It would be so fucking cool if the Ultra Violet song comes back in this V if we fight against Vergil.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
These last days I've been watching DMC cutscenes non-stop. Hype is real.

I don't think anyone can be certain that Nelo Angelo died just because he disappeared after the fight, unless some dev made a comment on it I say everything is possible.

It would be so fucking cool if the Ultra Violet song comes back in this V if we fight against Vergil.
I think even Kamiya said once Nelo Angelo didn't actually die

Status
Not open for further replies.